GOG Release Thread - Space Empires IV / Two Worlds II / Don't Starve / Fez

• Please log in to reply
1214 replies to this topic

#151 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

It's a far better value to get the remake for $5 more on Steam imo... or hell, just wait for yet another daily deal on the remake and get it far cheaper than $10.

Edited by animalspinners, 03 August 2010 - 02:00 PM.

#152 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

Huh, those graphics still look fine. The third one looked amazing IMO...definitely want to buy the third one, and maybe I'll get this...
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#153 mogamer

mogamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:30 PM

I like GOG, but too many of their $9.99 price point games just aren't worth that price. I really like Serious Sam The First Encounter, but it should be at $5.99 and not $9.99.

#154 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:33 PM

love me some sweet GOG action! 9.99 isn't too shabby.

Best online trading website currently in my opinion.  Trust me I'm a CAG.

Banner2.png

#155 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:30 PM

I agree, $10 for a decade old game is a little out of line for what I expect from GOG..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#156 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

Why would anyone buy Serious Sam on GOG instead of Serious Sam HD? That's silly.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#157 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:14 PM

Hmm, I was able to pick up both Serious Sam HD 1&2 for $7.50 total during Steam's summer sale. Seeing this $10 price point for the old version kind of makes me lol.

#158 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:15 PM

Sure, but you don't own those. Plus this version looks surprisingly good to me from the screen shots.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
[LIST]

Posted Image

#159 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:27 PM

Sure, but you don't own those. Plus this version looks surprisingly good to me from the screen shots.

No, he owns them. I've played them with him. I also got them during the sale. That was an awesome deal.

-Paul Acevedo

#160 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:48 PM

Serious Sam HD is such a misnomer because Serious Sam has ALWAYS been in HD resolutions. It's a freaking PC game, we've had "HD" for the past 15 years.

#161 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:54 PM

Serious Sam HD is such a misnomer because Serious Sam has ALWAYS been in HD resolutions. It's a freaking PC game, we've had "HD" for the past 15 years.

Yep, probably higher resolution than the Xbox version :lol:

No, he owns them. I've played them with him. I also got them during the sale. That was an awesome deal.

You don't own anything if it has activation. Actually owning something means it's worth more.
[LIST]

Posted Image

#162 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:35 PM

Bought.

#163 GlassAgate

GlassAgate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:01 PM

>> Serious Sam The First Encounter

Well, I guess for people with older PC's, or newer ones that can't run SS HD, this
release should do just fine.

#164 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:00 AM

You don't own anything if it has activation. Actually owning something means it's worth more.

Sorry, you don't get to decide what other people do or do not own. Once we buy it, it's ours.

-Paul Acevedo

#165 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:28 AM

Sorry, you don't get to decide what other people do or do not own. Once we buy it, it's ours.

Uh...okay, but you said you didn't buy it, so no, you don't own it.
[LIST]

Posted Image

#166 mogamer

mogamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:12 PM

No he doesn't. But if you buy a game off of Steam, you don't own it. You own only a license that can be taken away. Technically you don't even own your Steam account. Think about it. If Valve has the power to close your Steam account without warning, what do you own?

#167 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:56 PM

Updated OP for today's release of the classic shmup, Raptor: Call of the Shadows - 2010 Edition for $5.99.

#168 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

OMG Raptor..man it took me a minute to remember this game..I remember playing the hell out of it, probably pirated on 3.5" disks..what a blast from the past. Seriously tempted to get it!!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#169 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

lol I remember playing the demo for Raptor on the Duke Nukem 3D cd! Guess I'll grab it for old times sakes.

#170 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:35 PM

Oh WEIRD, I remember that game! Yeah, I played the demo back in the day.

I can't wait if GOG starts offering console games too as per that one poll :)
[LIST]

Posted Image

#171 GlassAgate

GlassAgate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:03 AM

>> Raptor COTS 2010 Edition

HOLY FLIRKING SNIT!!!
INSTANT BUY!!!

I completely forgot about Mountain King Software.

Classical vertical SHUMP action!

Question: was it ported to Windows, or does it come packaged with DOSBOX?

===========================================================

Perhaps they can do the same for Galactix and Demonstar? If they don't want to include
updated graphics, that's okay, but at least have it released on GOG!

Now, if they could make a new game, with the characteristics of each of those three
games, add co-op, and many gamers would be uber happy!

===========================================================

Oh WEIRD, I remember that game! Yeah, I played the demo back in the day.

I can't wait if GOG starts offering console games too as per that one poll :)

Console games? What poll?

Edited by GlassAgate, 11 August 2010 - 09:22 AM.

#172 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:31 PM

There was this poll GOG did that they had listed I think on their main page, and I think someone here linked to. Anyway they were asking to pick the three systems you'd like to buy games from based on a specific list.

They didn't have everything and I can't remember what I picked...I think it was SNES, Genesis, and Dreamcast that I picked. (They didn't list NES or Saturn I don't think...or maybe that's backwards.) Anyway obviously that implies they're looking in to that, which would be awesome! Especially after losing $100 on Nintendo's system that doesn't even have a way to transfer content to a new Wii (even aside from the activation).
[LIST]

Posted Image

#173 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:12 PM

Updated OP for today's release of the Total Annihilation: Commander Pack for $5.99.

Also, both Oddworld games have been price-dropped to $5.99 each.

#174 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:24 PM

AFTER I buy them of course ;)

So is Total Annihilation worth playing if you're not nostalgic for it? I know it was/is a big deal. Did it have a story? Was it hard?
[LIST]

Posted Image

#175 mailman27

mailman27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:32 PM

TA was so great. Played through te campaign ago a couple years back. Anyone know how this version compare to the one recently released on Impulse?

#176 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:33 PM

TA was so great. Played through te campaign ago a couple years back. Anyone know how this version compare to the one recently released on Impulse?

It's on the GoG forums. Supposedly, it's the same version.

#177 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:50 PM

Oh man, I could totally go for some T and A!

#178 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:54 AM

TA had a great story, gameplay was great.... I might have to buy it.

#179 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:36 PM

AFTER I buy them of course ;)

So is Total Annihilation worth playing if you're not nostalgic for it? I know it was/is a big deal. Did it have a story? Was it hard?

There's a story, but they really just amount to level briefings. It's still a really great RTS game and is completely fun to play. I'd say it's one of the easier of the genre to grasp. Some of the later levels could be considered hard, but by the time you'll reach them you should fully understand what you need to be doing.

There's tons of content here between the main game and the expansions - air, sea and land battles and everything in between. Then you've got skirmish mode and about a zillion custom maps. It's definitely worth the price even today.

#180 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:42 PM

Cool, thanks! Sounds like it's worth checking out (especially for six bucks!)
[LIST]

Posted Image