LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Collector's Edition - $69.99, less with promo codes

apathylad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I received this e-mail from Gamestop today.

PS3
The LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Collector's Edition comes with:
  • 2-Sleeve Digi-pack, including:
    • Game disc
    • Behind The Scenes of LEGO Harry Potter
    • Fun on the Set of Harry Potter
    • Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Look at Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows™
  • Exclusive set of 4 House Crest LEGO magnets

Xbox 360
    • Game disc
  • Download code for exclusive Xbox LIVE® LEGO Harry Potter Avatar Item
Nintendo Wii
    • Game disc

Last edited by a moderator:
Why anyone would want to pay $70 for a Lego game, even if it's a Collector's Edition, is beyond me. Besides, I wouldn't say special features a la DVD, a few magnets, or even the avatar item for 360 should warrant an extra $20.

[quote name='Buzzman']so you get magnets for $20? lol[/QUOTE]

Shush! Like Twilight, regardless of what you receive it is worth paying extra!

This is a website where people get boners to pay more money for a metal case over their DVDs. I'm sure people will be happy with magnets. At least they can hold up a piece of paper on a refrigerator (sorry all you with stainless steel appliances!)

I added to my cart and the 15NEW code (only the 15NEW) appeared to take off 15% leaving subtotal at $59.49. I don't plan on checking out since I'm not really interested in the game but thought I'd share in case anyone was interested in this potential deal.

Oh yeah. I forgot about coupon codes. If you can get $30.01 into your cart and this, you'll get 25% off them both if you use 25OFF. It still wouldn't be worth it to me, though, since this is bound to hit $20 before the year is over.

Hope the collector's edition comes with a little more than that for $20. At $10 more, I would have bought it.

Btw, my GF plays very few games with me, but she does play the Lego games. And she's a big HP fan, and I'm was a big Lego fan, so it's a pretty good thing.

Too bad there's no Lego LotR. I'd pay $50 extra for the collector's =P

While I have no intention of buying this, my guess is that those magnets would make it worth the extra $20. The LEGO Harry Potter stuff is all pretty collectible and valuable, and I bet that these will be as well. The problem for me is the $50 for the game. The LEGO games are fun, but at this point are really just shovelware, and not worth anything close to what they release at.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I am getting so sick of the collectors edition bullcrap.[/QUOTE]

You and me (like your avatar) are very fed up individuals when it pertains to collectors editions. :D

Personally I think this trash is used to justify raising video game release prices. I could be wrong though, but isn't that the exact opposite of what we CAGers want?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elessar123']Hope the collector's edition comes with a little more than that for $20. At $10 more, I would have bought it.
[/QUOTE]

Haven't tried it, but apparently the game works with promo codes, which a user posted earlier.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Pretty funny that the Wii version is still $69.99 despite games being $10 cheaper than PS3/360 normally.[/QUOTE]

The regular editions are all $50.

[quote name='thehoweller']You and me (like your avatar) are very fed up individuals when it pertains to collectors editions. :D

Personally I think this trash is used to justify raising video game release prices. I could be wrong though, but isn't that the exact opposite of what we CAGers want?[/QUOTE]
It just kills me how people clamor for these things.

Not interested in the CE, but will purchase the base version. Big Lego video game fan.

Would, however, like to see what the magnets and avatar item look like, though. :)

Well i am in my 30's and love the lego games. They are nice quick fixes when bored and kids are around. They have co op which is nice as well. The potter lego i for sure want but who wants magnets or some dumb avatar bonus for $20 extra.

I bet this will not go down in price much even used for a long time look at lego indy 2 is still expensive used... I heard that game is so messed up which is why i never bought it yet. I am waiting on a $20 or less shipped tag.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I just hope they go back to the Lego Star Wars 2 format and not the Lego Indiana 2 format.[/QUOTE]

I like both formats (on 360) for different reasons. I can see the complaint of how the lobby was too big in Indy 2 and the non-story levels were kinda dumb. The co-op was amazing in Indy 2 with dynamic split screen. If they tweak it so that you can fast travel to levels already discovered, then the biggest complaint would be subsided. The non-story levels could be cool if done better.

Your point is that there was really nothing wrong with SW II/TCS format, which is true except for co-op. One player was always forced to drop out for a minute about twice per level to get everything. And a glitch was added where the game thought no one was signed in during a routine drop out and you could no longer save.

SW TCS, Batman, Indy 1 on DS were great (Batman was perfect), but Indy 2 on DS was worse than SW II DS! (SW II had a completely buggy/different engine than SW TCS on DS unlike the other platforms.)

I'm a big LEGO fan, but I'm very disappointed with this special edition. No real LEGO pieces? At least with LEGO Rock Band, you could get a preorder bonus of a rocker LEGO figure keychains. I hate keychains. I just want to chop off the figure. There was never a special edition for any of the other LEGO games so they start this out with a dud. $20 extra should get you an exclusive Harry Potter LEGO set with 170 pieces including 4 figures. You would get LEGO fans buying that edition without even owning a console! At a bare minimum, a regular figure with basic accessories (impluse set style).

I'm definitely looking forward to this game, but they should not have attempted this special edition.

Before anyone purchases stop and consider this.

You can get Deathsmiles COLLECTORS EDITON WITH A FREAKING FACEPLATE FOR $49.99.

Please, for the love of humanity do the right thing people. And this is not meant to be against Harry Potter. I love the books and movies and despite the ridicule from friends was planning on getting this game, but please don't send the message to companies thats its ok to get away with this blatant milking bullshit. Just get the regular edition. Support real Collectors Edition like Deathsmiles or Record of Agarest War.

[quote name='ponn01']Before anyone purchases stop and consider this.

You can get Deathsmiles COLLECTORS EDITON WITH A FREAKING FACEPLATE FOR $49.99.

Please, for the love of humanity do the right thing people. And this is not meant to be against Harry Potter. I love the books and movies and despite the ridicule from friends was planning on getting this game, but please don't send the message to companies thats its ok to get away with this blatant milking bullshit. Just get the regular edition. Support real Collectors Edition like Deathsmiles or Record of Agarest War.[/QUOTE]

If you put it like that, don't get Lego Harry Potter at release MSRP at all, since Deathsmiles is STILL a better value, materialistically. However, I'm getting all three (already haev Agarest War and Deathsmiles preordered), so...

[quote name='lllGurulll']I just hope they go back to the Lego Star Wars 2 format and not the Lego Indiana 2 format.[/QUOTE]

The split screen was better in co-op than not, coming from someone that played all the 360 versions co-op with my GF. I didn't mind the huge hubs at all, since there's a lot to collect in it.

But they need to fix the split screen so it shows what's in front of you, and possibly make it so it's split vertically all the time, because when it's horizontal on widescreen TVs, you see nothing on the up and down sides. Even using right analog stick to adjust doesn't work well enough most of the time.

Doing the racing in co-op is horrible too. You can't even see where the damn gates pop up, and you pretty much have to have the other player drop out. Split screen also moves the other person's screen, which is bad when you're targetting with the whip or whatnot.

And also, the story levels in Indy 2 are SOOOO sort. None of them is more than a few minutes. Nothing compared to the previous Lego games. The shortness of the story levels and the issues that needs to be worked out with split screen are my only two real issues.

bread's done
Back