Photo
- - - - -

Starcraft 2 Beta Codes at GAMESTOP with Pre-order

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#31 J7.

J7.

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:02 AM

I believe if you ordered last week or earlier you will still get the code as they took away the ability to cancel my order today, which they have no right to do unless they're giving me a bonus. Check your email tomorrow.

#32 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:06 AM

If they give you the code then they do have the right to not let you cancel. I notice you said without bonus so likely you don't' care if they give you the code and that's cool, but anyone who wants to cancel, you may be stuck as shrike said and then just have to return it when you get it. Getting the code, selling it and then canceling is kind of shady imo.

#33 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:12 AM

Hmm someone posted a question on one of the ebay auctions asking about it being a physical card or if it was a bonus sort of one that they had previously bought that just entered them in to some kind of whenever blizzard wants to let you in sort of thing. Has anyone gotten one of these and used it and can confirm that it allows you instant access or is it for future use?

#34 aznboovie

aznboovie

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:18 AM

You have to sign up for an account on Bnet.com and apply the key. Thats what their doing to all of their game product now, as long as u have the key and register under ur account u can just download off the web and play.

#35 Jonnyy

Jonnyy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:41 PM

I just received the beta code email from my preorder weeks ago.

#36 aznboovie

aznboovie

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

Ya i just got the beta as well, game on.

#37 JollehRoger

JollehRoger

Feel My Cagceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

I preordered my copy like 2 years ago, think my preorder is still valid?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Add me OnLive: JollehRoger

#38 carpwrist

carpwrist

Übercharge Ready!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:00 PM

Holy crap this is real. Just got my Beta Key this morning!
Saying you're really good at Borderlands is the equivalent to saying you suck at videogames.

That puts a genuine closed parenthesis at the end of my colon. :)

Posted Image

#39 paintball745

paintball745

PHD in deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:05 PM

I am so happy for a wednesday the key is here.

#40 BouncingSoul

BouncingSoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:03 PM

got my code this morn in my email too. downloading now,
Posted Image

#41 TheToE

TheToE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:05 PM

This made my year, thanks OP!

#42 Zaniel

Zaniel

The Angel of Monday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:10 PM

Got my code a little bit ago this morning. Awesome.

#43 klam173

klam173

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:15 PM

Just got my code via email :o)

#44 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:21 PM

couldn't get the free 3 day shipping to work, but ordered it anyways since they don't have the 5 dollar surcharge anymore...now I gotta figure out how to recover my abandoned battle.net account

#45 Ralsar

Ralsar

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:32 PM

Pre-ordered the collector's edition, no key yet

#46 DontHurt

DontHurt

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:38 PM

pre-ordered collector's edition, no key yet :/

#47 Irohazaka

Irohazaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:39 PM

Thanks OP I would never have known since I have gamestop mails sent to a spam box :o

I got my code and called them up and get them to switch from the value 5-10 day shipping to the free 3 day. Good news to wake up to.

Steam: SnappsX

#48 Shoagie

Shoagie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:39 PM

Pre-ordered the collector's edition, no key yet

Same, today will be brutal for me having to wait.

#49 Uncooked

Uncooked

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:38 PM

Pre-ordered CE, still have not gotten a key = /.

Tempted to go to my local GS and just pre-order a copy so I can get the key in hand.

#50 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:43 PM

I got my beta key. I'm not sure how I feel about the 'not being able to cancel' though. I pre-ordered the game before the beta key promotion was announced, and I did so under the impression that I would be able to cancel my order later, if money became an issue. What bothers me the most is that the game doesn't even have a fixed release date.

#51 Ralsar

Ralsar

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

I wasn't paying attention to the free 3-day shipping part! Yeah I just called and had Gamestop switch it from the 5-10 day value shipping to the free 3-day shipping.

#52 Shoagie

Shoagie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

Ok, so I just called to change the shipping and my rep told me that it could take up to 48 hours from last night for everyone who had preordered before the announcement to get their codes.

#53 Ralsar

Ralsar

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

As always, we've waited this long for Starcraft II. Another day or so before our beta codes isn't going to kill us. Still.... me want it now!

#54 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

Same Collectors edition and no key yet. Going to call them if I don't get it by tomorrow, also to change to free shipping.

They are probably sending out in batches, and working through the regular editions first, then will do the CE.

#55 palejackal

palejackal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

I'd do the store thing, but the 25OFF code for online is just too good. (Needs to exceed $100, ordered a copy for me and my friend.)

#56 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:03 PM

Same Collectors edition and no key yet. Going to call them if I don't get it by tomorrow, also to change to free shipping.

They are probably sending out in batches, and working through the regular editions first, then will do the CE.

I ordered the CE, and I got mine today. You'll get yours soon, I'm sure. I still need to call about the free shipping though.

#57 espionage

espionage

Aging Hardcore Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:03 PM

i pre-ordered both a regular edition and a collector's edition in two seperate orders on 4/8/10 online and received an email today with both codes.

for those of you that ordered more than one copy of the game, check the single email to see if you got more than one code.
Posted Image
My Gaming Blog: http://levelingdown.com

#58 Cimpy101

Cimpy101

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:06 PM

I did it this morning. Ordered the collectors edition with 25% off. Had to put something else in the cart to bring it over $100. There are a bunch of things out there for 2-3 bucks to put you over. My total is $83.21

The website says it can take up to 1 business day for you to get your beta key so don't freak out when you don't get it right away.

Online Customers (web delivery): A code and instructions on how to join the beta will be emailed within 1 business day of when your order was placed.

#59 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:07 PM

If I preorder this in store, can I cancel it later?

#60 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:11 PM

I got my beta key. I'm not sure how I feel about the 'not being able to cancel' though. I pre-ordered the game before the beta key promotion was announced, and I did so under the impression that I would be able to cancel my order later, if money became an issue. What bothers me the most is that the game doesn't even have a fixed release date.

Gamestop has a long history with people pre-ordering games to get the pre-order bonus and then canceling it once they get the bonus. Gamestop loses out on a pre-order, so they're starting to do this to crack down on that.

I think I've seen that on Splinter Cell Conviction and a couple more recent titles that have come out in the last couple of months. There's nothing to stop you from returning the game once it has come out, though this stops you from canceling it before it comes out.