CAGcast #196: A Piece of Junket

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:57 AM

Wombat, CheapyD and special guest Justin McElroy (Joystiq - My Brother, My Brother and Me - The Time Belt) discuss all the hot topics of the day, including: media junkets, video games as art, the iPhone leak, and of course, poop. We also answer your CAGbag and Twitter questions and oh so much more!

Download - 108 minutes, 52MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$6.95 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Edited by CheapyD, 21 April 2010 - 08:02 AM.

#2 TheJerseyKush

TheJerseyKush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:05 AM

hell yeah

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:06 AM

Sweet.

I've got something to listen to at work tomorrow now.

#4 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:17 AM

Awesome. Can't wait to listen.

DarkZion9.pngWjwtTLD.gif?1

so I decided to see what I could do with it and I got to the end but there's no way I can finish him off. 

#5 weevles

weevles

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:59 AM

Ah yes, what's a CAGcast w/o the requisite poop talk....

#6 paintball745

paintball745

PHD in deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:49 AM

Don't forget guys this one is in video to but it's an i-tunes exclusive so go to i-tunes and search cagcast video cast.

#7 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:46 AM

woah i thought there'd be no CAGcast this week! awesome!!!!!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#8 TheJerseyKush

TheJerseyKush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:01 AM

Don't forget guys this one is in video to but it's an i-tunes exclusive so go to i-tunes and search cagcast video cast.

what what what?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Mayday

Mayday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:11 AM

Justin is awesome.

#10 therodersabides

therodersabides

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:21 PM

My morning commute just got a whole lot better. The Bombcast will have to wait till tomorrow.

#11 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:28 PM

Thank for this, didnt expect it so it will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

I'm not sure if you guys mentioned it or got word of it but Guru of Gangstarr passed away yesterday and I think it would be pretty damn awesome if Cheapy somehow provided an intro/outro to the next podcast with Guru's music. While we're at it and I'm thinking about it how about one for Nujabes as well?

Edited by NegativeZero, 21 April 2010 - 02:08 PM.

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#12 Jay Are Man Loy

Jay Are Man Loy

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:34 PM

The Inferno Dance from Stravinsky's Firebird?!?! Damn Cheapy I'm impressed.

#13 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

Very cool. The combination of Justin McElroy and the CAGCast reminded me of the Globetrotters appearing on Scooby Doo. Quite a crossover.

And here is my CAGcast search story:

bxiH0_DSrYg

#14 musicjunkie

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:05 PM

My morning commute just got a whole lot better. The Bombcast will have to wait till tomorrow.

This week's Bombcast was pretty hilarious but if I'm ever running late on my podcasts CAGCast before Bombcast.

#15 retromufc

retromufc

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

I've never heard Justin McElroy but man he is entertaining. He was hilarious and a great addition to the show this week.

#16 DragoonKnight

DragoonKnight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

video games as art

oh god. if I have to hear Wombat argue that Heavy Rain is artsy for art's sake I think I can skip right over that segment.

#17 Capaneus

Capaneus

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

God DAMNIT! I cant stand that fucking Justin's voice or attitude. He is the reason I don't listen to the Joystiq podcast. Why the hell is he ruining my otherwise wonderful CAGCast. Do you feel like you absolutely HAVE TO HAVE 3 people now?
sml_gallery_46393_8193_8746.png

#18 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:47 PM

The difference in the pokemon games' sales appears to be because people prefer the exclusive pokemon in the Silver version for whatever reason.

#19 Leggo

Leggo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:24 PM

God DAMNIT! I cant stand that fucking Justin's voice or attitude. He is the reason I don't listen to the Joystiq podcast. Why the hell is he ruining my otherwise wonderful CAGCast. Do you feel like you absolutely HAVE TO HAVE 3 people now?

You've got some issues, he's probably the nicest guy in gaming media today. Funny as hell, too.

#20 Capaneus

Capaneus

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

You've got some issues, he's probably the nicest guy in gaming media today. Funny as hell, too.

Maybe my perception of is attitude is just skewed by his terrible voice, but there's just something I don't like about it. I don't know, he just sounds like someone who needs to be punched.

#21 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:50 PM

Great discussion about the ethics of these paid junkets. It's one thing to go to a party and have a few drinks and finger food, it's another when they pay you to fly out to Hawaii. Cheapy's right when he says consumers ultimately pay for this. Especially when you consider the questionable DLC Capcom charged customers with in 2009. At the very least the press should note that they were flown out to this event in their previews.

#22 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:01 PM

Haha, I can't believe that there's people that've never been inside a truckstop! Cheapy and Wombat, you need to visit a Georgia truckstop one day, it's absolutely awesome. You need to visit at midnight, too. It's absolutely magical. Great show, guys. I really loved listening to this show.

#23 retromufc

retromufc

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:03 PM

I think he has an awesome voice made for radio/podcasts. Sort of like a cartoon character :D

#24 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:15 PM

yeah the karate kid 2 truth is a harsh pill to swallow. on top of that the little castle never existed but the place where daniel almsot got impaled is still around.

#25 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:33 PM

There's no such thing as 'too much McElroy'.

#26 Not Pennys Boat

Not Pennys Boat

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:35 PM

ach, please don't include Justin in any other cagcasts

#27 Capaneus

Capaneus

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

ach, please don't include Justin in any other cagcasts

Thank you! I thought I was totally alone on this one.

#28 Midguy

Midguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:02 PM

I was looking forward to this, but now that I know Justin McElroy is on it, I'm not quite sure......his attitude, voice, and mic presence are all horrible. He's the reason why I quit listening to the joystiq podcast.

#29 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:55 PM

Justin's laugh sounds like a laughing hyena scratching his nails on a chalkboard. My poor stock stereo system in my Jeep is cringing at his every sound. Love Justin, hate his laugh.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#30 wayno187

wayno187

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for vindicating my comment from last weeks show, Wombat. Kinda back fired, huh? Just wondering why I went from sounding super nerdy to valley girl to sobbing child in one rant. I actually sound like a young Robert Goulet.
Great show, cheapy!
Posted Image