Guitar Hero 5 Wireless Guitar Bundle (360) $38.78 at Amazon

Pretty good deal being direct from Amazon.

It took me a bit to get use to the guitar, but now its my favorite plastic instrument, replacing the Les Paul.

Nice find Cheapy.

I like the RB1 guitar and the RB2 wireless guitar. How does this compare considering that I like those guitars (I know a lot of people prefer the GH ones, but I actually have preferred the RB ones to the (older, pre-wireless) GH ones I had for the PS2 in the past - in particular I *like* the strum bar on the RB guitar. It works fine and it's not so clicky.) However, I'd like a second guitar, and I wouldn't mind checking out GH5, so I'm thinking about getting this bundle at that price. Oh, and does the GH5 guitar have a USB dongle, or does it work without one as I believe the RB2 360 ones too (my only RB2 guitar was for the Wii version). I really would like to avoid having a USB dongle.

All wireless XBox 360 guitars talk straight to the console with no dongles, I'm pretty sure. At least the ones made by EA and Activistion do.

I have a RB1 wireless guitar and its my least favorite wireless guitar. I do not have the RB2 wireless guitar, but I hear that one is much better.

In my opinion, GH guitars have better, softer to the push buttons, and RB guitars have quieter strum bars. All the guitar hero guitars I have are very clicky sounding with the strum bars. I'm used to it by now.

If you can't stomach the click-clack, I wouldn't recommend any of the guitar hero guitars.

The GH4 guitar was crap. This one is the best there is. It's got the GH4 neck with the GH3 strumbar.

price has dropped to $39.......these must be selling like dogs anymore. Two years ago, I think I would've been all over this but I guess It takes a lot bigger discount to excite me.

I'd prefer PS3. Funny the game only is $20 on 360 and $40 for PS3.

Tempting . . . but I should just wait and wait and eventually use the plastic I have and get a used copy of the game for $10.

Great deal. I don't even like the game, I just want the guitar. Amazon has the guitar by itself listed for $12 more than the bundle.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']$38.78 now... If I weren't a poor bastard right now, I'd be all over this just for the updated guitar.[/QUOTE]
That just sold it for me. I've played the Guitar Hero series since the first game and I've never paid under $40 for a Guitar Kit. Thanks!

Thanks, ordered it because I need another guitar, even though I have GH5 already. This site has me addicted to buying games. :whistle2:D

holy crap $39!! If this is still up in 4 hours, I might take the plunge, hell might take the plunge now. I don't think Target will ever get around to clearancing these bundles, and the lowest I saw the game clearanced was $38.XX or something, but now all those are gone..this will be my 4th guitar and the thousandth time I get grilled on 'why do I need this??" from the wife :lol:

thanks for the find. dropping prices.... activsion just gotta find something new to add on the plastic guitar for people to buy these things now.

[quote name='lowgear26']price has dropped to $39.......these must be selling like dogs anymore. Two years ago, I think I would've been all over this but I guess It takes a lot bigger discount to excite me.[/QUOTE]

the genre is close to dead..it's on life support right now.

Activision killed it by releasing shitty GH games every 6 months. RB had the right idea with DLC and new games every few years, but i don't think people appreciate that.

[quote name='mkelehan']The GH4 guitar was crap. This one is the best there is. It's got the GH4 neck with the GH3 strumbar.[/QUOTE]The GHWT guitar is my fave because the Star Power button is the "bridge" and it's right under my palm; no need to tilt or reach for a button and usually screw up my multiplier. If this is even better, sweet.

The RB1 guitar was an absolute joke - mushy barely describes how awful the strum bar. Trying to fast-strum songs like Radiohead's "Creep" made me unload the whole band kit ASAFP.

darnit cheapy! you just put this on the front page, I better buy it now, b/c this will shoot up to full price again..hey, might also be worth mentioning that the disc is only $19.98..

also, earlier the bundle counted as FSSS, but not Prime, now it counts as Prime, no FSSS..I don't know, I think the $39 is good, cheapest I've ever seen a bundle was $25 and that was for crappy GH Aerosmith bundle at BB outlet.com..you'll only get lucky to see this on Target clearance, but they will go so fast..BB in-store will never have them for this low..

[quote name='boredasfook']So tempting. As some one who has never bought GH or RB should i jump on this or just stay away from this?[/QUOTE]

I say go for it.

Myself, I'm on the fence because it's $40 (it's a steal though). I'm just too cheap I think.

But yeah...If you've never played a GH or RB game, go for it. $40 is a small expense for the second newest GH game, and "apparently" the best controller available for cheap.

[quote name='boredasfook']So tempting. As some one who has never bought GH or RB should i jump on this or just stay away from this?[/QUOTE]

yeah man, go for it, like a lot of us think, this is a stellar price for the bundle, can't believe it's so low (it hasn't even been out a full year yet ;) ) I've never played part 5, but all the signs point to it being the best with all the features people ever wanted being in there and a pretty huge set list. Plus, has another GH game even been mentioned for this year?? what if this is the last!? :hot: :lol:

[quote name='thehoweller']I say go for it.

Myself, I'm on the fence because it's $40 (it's a steal though). I'm just too cheap I think.

But yeah...If you've never played a GH or RB game, go for it. $40 is a small expense for the second newest GH game, and "apparently" the best controller available for cheap.[/QUOTE]

Thanks placed my order too tempting too pass up. The wireless guitar was the real selling point for me.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I actually like a bunch of songs on this one, but I already have some of them on Rock Band games, so it definitely makes it less enticing.[/QUOTE]

Don't you hate that crap?

Im gonna be gettin one... Havent bought one since GH3 and have been wanting the Metallica one too so now I will probably be getting both. Thanks for the deal!

hoping this is still available wensday when I get paid. I had to buy Record of Agarest War for the 360 since I think it will be in very low demand.

[quote name='thehoweller']That tracklist is horrible, two-three songs make me think of better days...Everything else is "Meh".[/QUOTE]
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I think a lot of that setlist is awesome. Can't wait to play Disconnected. Plus GWAR as DLC? I can't wait for this to show up at my door.

Does anyone know if Les Paul faceplates will fit the GH5 guitar? I have a ton of LP faceplates but the guitar itself quit working and I need a replacement...

[quote name='gamegirl79']Does anyone know if Les Paul faceplates will fit the GH5 guitar? I have a ton of LP faceplates but the guitar itself quit working and I need a replacement...[/QUOTE]

No. If you click through to Amazon, there's a picture of the contents including guitar.

[quote name='gsr']the genre is close to dead..it's on life support right now.

Activision killed it by releasing shitty GH games every 6 months. RB had the right idea with DLC and new games every few years, but i don't think people appreciate that.[/QUOTE]

As much as I love RB over GH, Harmonix still carries the blame for over-saturating the music market as well. Beatles: Rock Band/LEGO: Rock Band and Guitar Hero 5/Band Hero were two releases from the main companies that were released fairly close to one another in huge bundles.

Then there was Guitar Hero: Van Halen, but did anyone actually purchase that one? I got it for free and I STILL haven't taken it out of the packages.

All and all, I love it when all these bundles shoot down in price. I could use a replacement set of drums for my PS3 (c'mon, cheapass Rock Band 2 bundle!).

Don't knock Lego Rock Band. Lego Rock Band appeals to my kids where as RB2 doesn't appeal to them at all, so LRB, for me, saved the genre. I don't care to play the games by myself much, and so having a version that my kids like makes a huge difference. Plus I like that I don't have to first go through all the songs and figure out which ones are kid appropriate (though they go overboard in rejecting songs, perhaps, but there's enough songs anyway.)

Where Harmonix went wrong, I think, was with pricing Beatles Rock Band higher then past versions, especially the bundles. I think that killed any momentum the RB series had. Sure, the Beatles are great, but paying too much for them isn't.

I've needed a new wireless guitar for my music games and I don't have guitar hero 5 yet. This shall do nicely.

[quote name='MIGGO']As much as I love RB over GH, Harmonix still carries the blame for over-saturating the music market as well. Beatles: Rock Band/LEGO: Rock Band and Guitar Hero 5/Band Hero were two releases from the main companies that were released fairly close to one another in huge bundles.

Then there was Guitar Hero: Van Halen, but did anyone actually purchase that one? I got it for free and I STILL haven't taken it out of the packages.

All and all, I love it when all these bundles shoot down in price. I could use a replacement set of drums for my PS3 (c'mon, cheapass Rock Band 2 bundle!).[/QUOTE]

I don't think so.

Beatles are a huge band, so many think they deserve their own RB game and DLC store. (I don't)

Lego tried to draw kids into the music game genre.

Green day is over-kill, unless they do something like the Beatles.

GH games are just Same Everything, different character models, band specific songs. Honestly, it was largely Activision's fault.

I'm curious as to the quality of this guitar. I've read through the comments and can't find a web site that does a comprehensive review of each of the iterations of guitar but do want to know how this one stacks up compared to others. I'm an avid Rock Band 2 player but found the Guitar Hero World Tour guitar to have horrible compatibility issues with RB2, and the RB guitars are a bit out of my price range. I'd like to make this my guitar to use in RB2 but does anyone have any insight into if this one works better than the GHWT guitar? Thanks in advance.

bread's done
Back