Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill

• Please log in to reply
1189 replies to this topic

#61 cindersphere

cindersphere

Running on no sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:47 PM

Supreme Court says they should and have to be there regardless of status.
Religion ends and philosophy begins, just as alchemy ends and chemistry begins and astrology ends, and astronomy begins. - Christopher Hitchens 1949-2011

#62 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:12 PM

I guess I am curious for realz (though my post was mostly for lulz) if the bill applies to other types of immigrants. If we hear an "aboot" can they ask to see their papers? I can't imagine the bill is specifically only for one type of immigrant, but I just can't get the hillarious mental picture out of my head of a cop asking for a Canadian's papers. Well, the mental picture of a cop doing it for a Mexican is funny too, but you know what I mean.

of course its for all immigrants. people are just upset that it will unfairly target the hispanic population. i mean, hispanics account for about 75% or so of illegal immigrants so its pretty obvious theyll be targeted.

Posted Image

#63 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:32 PM

Supreme Court says they should and have to be there regardless of status.

And they can appeal to INS, but that requires money and lawyers.

They have none, thus they a go-go out.

It needs reform. There is no win in this... just more BS.

#64 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:44 PM

of course its for all immigrants. people are just upset that it will unfairly target the hispanic population. i mean, hispanics account for about 75% or so of illegal immigrants so its pretty obvious theyll be targeted.

Yep. For the most part, outside of Hispanics, no other nationalities/ethnic groups get hit with the "illegal immigrants are criminals" stereotypes.

So this will only increase racial profiling of Hispanics.

Edited by dmaul1114, 26 April 2010 - 10:10 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#65 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:43 PM

All white people are already American.
Posted Image

#66 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:53 PM

actually we're all american, if you go by continental nomenclature. but we aren't all amurrrkanstarsnstripesnationundergawdya'll.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#67 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:00 PM

Kids already get targeted to disclose immigration status. This will just give immigration happy schools authority to try to glean immigration information from their parents when they enter their kids into schools. Little johnny doesn't have a official id card yet, lets call the INS office and report the family because he could be an illegal immigrant.

Only if the school wants to lose funding. I read this article about school complaining parents using fake address to get their kids enroll, but dont want to kick them out since fewer students means they get less funding.

#68 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:03 PM

Anti-immigration assholes always find new targets, at one time even Irish immigrants were thought of as scum, when was the last time you heard anyone say "dem Irish are takin' our jerbs." They always find new targets.

I enjoy the videos and puns posted by Joliet Jake. I think he's almost as funny as my favorite comedian, Dane Cook. Now excuse me while I listen to Fallout Boy's music on their myspace page.

#69 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:06 AM

Anti-illegal immigrant assholes always find new targets, at one time even Irish illegal immigrants were thought of as scum, when was the last time you heard anyone say "dem Irish are takin' our jerbs." They always find new targets.

Fixed for accuracy.

Most people don't mind immigrants. Most people mind law-breakers.

As much as some like you might wish - nobody is passing laws because they want less brown people; but for some reason that's the paintbrush used on those that want laws enforced by the bleeding heart left.

If only the tea party protesters got at least this out of control:
We'd have several days of headlines and an entire week of John Stewart's pretentious ranting over it.

Edited by thrustbucket, 27 April 2010 - 05:20 AM.

#70 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:27 AM

Y'know The Daily Show dedicated about half an episode to talking about the "crazy tea partiers" thing was a media-created image, right?

Posted Image

#71 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:03 PM

If only we could see if people would be as pissed off about illegal white Europeans being here.

But no, to me it seems that these people are using the law as cover for what they really want, mainly for immigration to be slowed or halted altogether. Because whenever i hear someone up in arms about jobs being taken away, i never hear them say illegal Mexicans, it's just Mexicans. Which in and of itself is ridiculous, as if all hispanic people were from Mexico.

I enjoy the videos and puns posted by Joliet Jake. I think he's almost as funny as my favorite comedian, Dane Cook. Now excuse me while I listen to Fallout Boy's music on their myspace page.

#72 fatherofcaitlyn

fatherofcaitlyn

Der Uber Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:34 PM

Fixed for accuracy.

http://upload.wikime...now_Nothing.jpg

Posted Image
Synergize, bitches!
Posted Image

#73 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:02 PM

Those police officers walking with someone they had arrested was a "violent riot" based on the title? And evidence, according to thrust, that the protest was "out of control"?

Come the Fuck on. Hatebreed concerts are more out of control than that. Fuck, black friday sales are more violent than that. That was one person being arrested and walked away by police while a whole bunch of other people followed.
Posted Image

#74 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

Those police officers walking with someone they had arrested was a "violent riot" based on the title? And evidence, according to thrust, that the protest was "out of control"?

Come the Fuck on. Hatebreed concerts are more out of control than that. Fuck, black friday sales are more violent than that. That was one person being arrested and walked away by police while a whole bunch of other people followed.

Agreed, that video could have been mistaken for the "Walk for a Cure to (insert some horrible affliction)".

#75 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:24 PM

If only we could see if people would be as pissed off about illegal white Europeans being here.

But no, to me it seems that these people are using the law as cover for what they really want, mainly for immigration to be slowed or halted altogether. Because whenever i hear someone up in arms about jobs being taken away, i never hear them say illegal Mexicans, it's just Mexicans. Which in and of itself is ridiculous, as if all hispanic people were from Mexico.

I personally haven't heard anyone complaining about immigration using "mexicans stealing jobs" in their language. I'm not say it's not out there, but I hear an awful lot of people claiming that's what is said, but I've never heard anyone really say it.

Most people are not upset at the illegal immigrants themselves. They are upset at the government for refusing to enforce their own laws. The illegal immigrants are just taking advantage of the giant 5 decade "wink wink" from the US government, and why shouldn't they?

You can come here illegally and not only be winked at but defended by most of the left, or you can try to come here legally and spend several years and thousands of dollars you likely don't have. Hard choice.

Walking? They were throwing shit at the cops. Or did you miss that? If any sort of contention with cops happened at a Tea Party rally it would be big news. As one to wear his "racial issue witchunt" patch on his arm proudly, you should know this.

#76 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:30 PM

Better find another video, the one you posted and the one you think you saw are not the same.
Posted Image

#77 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:36 PM

Agreed. There are plenty who are just opposed to illegal immigration, want better border security etc.

But there are also plenty who'd just like immigration slowed or halted period for racist reasons. These are the types who want these types of laws, tight border security and stricter immigration allowances and would never go for the real solution of tigher border security and more liberal immigration policies to let more Hispanics in legally.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#78 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

myke, try watching more then 40 seconds of the video before making a stupid comment.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#79 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

Well the video is actually only about 30 seconds long, then it repeats and then starts to repeat again.

People are definitely throwing some shit in various directions, probably towards the cops. To call it a riot seems a bit melodramatic though.

Posted Image

#80 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:40 PM

throwing a cup, or a crumpled bag isn't a riot. protest maybe?

when I think of riot... damage, personal or private, people throwing rocks or bricks for intended harm.

#81 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:34 PM

Better find another video, the one you posted and the one you think you saw are not the same.

throwing things at cops, not cool. thrust is right, if this happened at a tea party rally, boy oh boy youd never hear the end of it.

throwing a cup, or a crumpled bag isn't a riot. protest maybe?

when I think of riot... damage, personal or private, people throwing rocks or bricks for intended harm.

try throwing a crumbled bag at a cop next time you see one and see what happens, if he seems upset just say youre protesting something. though i wouldnt recommend doing it unless you have a few thousand people with you.

Posted Image

#82 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:38 PM

I personally haven't heard anyone complaining about immigration using "mexicans stealing jobs" in their language. I'm not say it's not out there, but I hear an awful lot of people claiming that's what is said, but I've never heard anyone really say it.

Most people are not upset at the illegal immigrants themselves. They are upset at the government for refusing to enforce their own laws. The illegal immigrants are just taking advantage of the giant 5 decade "wink wink" from the US government, and why shouldn't they?

You can come here illegally and not only be winked at but defended by most of the left, or you can try to come here legally and spend several years and thousands of dollars you likely don't have. Hard choice.

Walking? They were throwing shit at the cops. Or did you miss that? If any sort of contention with cops happened at a Tea Party rally it would be big news. As one to wear his "racial issue witchunt" patch on his arm proudly, you should know this.

Eh, I just think it depends where you're located. The news seems to report favorably towards the Tea Party in Indiana as far as I see, they don't knock them or anything, which is fine, they have a right to protest. Also, I've heard the "Mexicans stealing our jobs" quite a bit here.
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#83 cindersphere

cindersphere

Running on no sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:12 PM

Fixed for accuracy.

As much as some like you might wish - nobody is passing laws because they want less brown people; but for some reason that's the paintbrush used on those that want laws enforced by the bleeding heart left.

If only the tea party protesters got at least this out of control:
We'd have several days of headlines and an entire week of John Stewart's pretentious ranting over it.

Tiananmen square protesters were more confrontational than this and that is considered a peaceful protest. Man when tea partiers attacked non teabaggers man that must have been a brutal bloodbath. :roll:
Religion ends and philosophy begins, just as alchemy ends and chemistry begins and astrology ends, and astronomy begins. - Christopher Hitchens 1949-2011

#84 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:16 PM

Eh, I just think it depends where you're located. The news seems to report favorably towards the Tea Party in Indiana as far as I see, they don't knock them or anything, which is fine, they have a right to protest. Also, I've heard the "Mexicans stealing our jobs" quite a bit here.

Yeah, I've heard the "mexicans are stealing our jobs", "mainly criminals are crossing the boarders" etc. pretty often when visting my folks in WV. And that's a place that has very little immigrant population and is one of the whitest states in the country. Also here it some here in Georgia when I make the mistake of venturing out of Atlanta.

It seems to be a pretty common view among under educated, lower class whites in my experience.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#85 fatherofcaitlyn

fatherofcaitlyn

Der Uber Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:41 PM

It seems to be a pretty common view among under educated, lower class whites in my experience.

Unskilled laborers have a hard time displacing people with PhDs or high school diplomas.
Synergize, bitches!
Posted Image

#86 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:56 PM

Unskilled laborers have a hard time displacing people with PhDs or high school diplomas.

Exactly.

But they could still complain about illegal immigrants taking their jobs and not "Mexicans" taken their jobs.

But unfortunately ignorance in the form of lack of education and cultural experience is highly correlated with ignorance in the form of racism etc.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#87 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:29 PM

Yeah, I've heard the "mexicans are stealing our jobs", "mainly criminals are crossing the boarders" etc. pretty often when visting my folks in WV. And that's a place that has very little immigrant population and is one of the whitest states in the country. Also here it some here in Georgia when I make the mistake of venturing out of Atlanta.

I hear it from my father all the time, has no idea why it bothers me either, despite trying to explain it to him.

I think i said this before, but he's one of the holdout dixiecrats basically.Only votes democrat because of support for labor unions. Here in the south i hear Mexicans used all the time, i hardly ever hear anyone say illegal immigrant/alien.

#88 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

throwing things at cops, not cool. thrust is right, if this happened at a tea party rally, boy oh boy youd never hear the end of it.

try throwing a crumbled bag at a cop next time you see one and see what happens, if he seems upset just say youre protesting something. though i wouldnt recommend doing it unless you have a few thousand people with you.

It's not cool, but that's it.

A police officer going off on a paper bag is not professional. And the only law broken would be littering.

Hell, bad concerts do that all the time, throwing shit, and they are not "rioting" They may have bad attitudes and rude, but not rioting.

The only difference is they found trash to throw and not picket signs. Video shows nothing really. It'll be more interesting to see what happens after they drag that guy in a police car.

Where's that video of that old bastard walking through the crowd and the sign states SINGLE PAYER NOW... and the crowd is yelling throwing shit... oh they be a rioting... come on.

#89 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:01 PM

Where's that video of that old bastard walking through the crowd and the sign states SINGLE PAYER NOW... and the crowd is yelling throwing shit... oh they be a rioting... come on.

Really?

I don't remember tea party protesters throwing water bottles at police officers or anyone getting arrested. How many Tea Party protests have there been around the country?
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#90 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:28 PM

right hand: we gots guns, come get it bitches!

left hand: OMFG YOU THREW A BOTTLE OF WATER AT ME

make up your minds, shit

feigning that tea dumblicans were any nicer at their rallies is HILARIOUS by the way

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread