Early Halo Reach Beta Access

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#31 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:47 AM

I for one am REALLY wanting that Beta code. I do not have my ODST disc 1 anymore

this, although I never owned ODST, only rented it.

#32 Full Metal XL

Full Metal XL

Enemy of the State!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:59 AM

Meh...I bought ODST cheap during the gamefly.com sale, and I kind of like it so I don't really need this, but thanks anyway, OP.

God made me funky! :bomb:

Posted Image
A, B, C, D, E, F, G...
Someone Should've Told You Not To Fuck With Me!
:evil:

#33 agentcoop007

agentcoop007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:17 AM

lol.. www.giantbomb.com

a video game website created by Jeff Gerstmann, who got fired from gamespot for giving kane & lynch a bad review when the publisher paid them lots to advertise on their site.

Cool site, I am having problems completing this quest tho :(

#34 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:19 AM

Cool site, I am having problems completing this quest tho :(

You need to first become a member, then all you need to do is type in 'halo' in the search bar, click on 'franchise' then open a tab/window on each of the halo games, and once you open and check the game profiles you'll get a notification that you've progressed in the quest, until you've looked up all 6 games. That's it!

#35 agentcoop007

agentcoop007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:26 AM

You need to first become a member, then all you need to do is type in 'halo' in the search bar, click on 'series' then open a tab/window on each of the halo games, and once you open and check the game profiles you'll get a notification that you've progressed in the quest, until you've looked up all 6 games. That's it!

Thanks but I thought I needed to do the other three quests also, 1 was watch the 36 min preview. the other was to watch all the halo reach videos, the third was about finding a page about the early mode of muiltplayer it was called something like "fifteen year olds with headsets" or something like that. But when I got to my profile and load up Quest tracker the little box just stays loading forever.

Anyways thanks for the info, maybe you are right and I just needed to complete the "Previously on..." nothing else :D

#36 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:30 AM

Thanks but I thought I needed to do the other three quests also, 1 was watch the 36 min preview. the other was to watch all the halo reach videos, the third was about finding a page about the early mode of muiltplayer it was called something like "fifteen year olds with headsets" or something like that. But when I got to my profile and load up Quest tracker the little box just stays loading forever.

Anyways thanks for the info, maybe you are right and I just needed to complete the "Previously on..." nothing else :D

Oh crap, you're right! I completely missed the part about the 3 other quests for the whole thing, jeesh thanks for making me realize that, lol!

#37 agentcoop007

agentcoop007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:35 AM

Oh crap, you're right! I completely missed the part about the 3 other quests for the whole thing, jeesh thanks for making me realize that, lol!

Cool let me know what you find out about the "15 year olds with headsets on" I'm just going to start watching videos to complete the other two :)

#38 estofan

estofan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:40 AM

Do I need to buy Crackdown 2 to have access to Halo Reach beta? :-)

#39 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:49 AM

Cool let me know what you find out about the "15 year olds with headsets on" I'm just going to start watching videos to complete the other two :)

in the search box, type "tea-bagging" and view that page

#40 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:49 AM

AHA, go to Halo Reach's game page, click on concepts on the far left, scroll down and click on "Tea Bagging" and BAM!

#41 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:24 AM

So just finished the 35 min preview and didn't get the quest completion...anyone else having this problem?

#42 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:30 AM

So just finished the 35 min preview and didn't get the quest completion...anyone else having this problem?

try watching it from the actual halo reach videos page. I watched it twice on the thread and it didn't work for me, watched it on there and it worked. I just let it run in the background and mute it.

#43 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:37 AM

No you wont need the ODST disk.

"Bungie and Microsoft have decided to give us a handful of access codes that will allow the lucky recipients to download the Beta and start playing on April 29"

Uh, you still have to download the beta if you have ODST.

I didn't see it specified if the disc was required or not for this contest.

#44 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:41 AM

Uh, you still have to download the beta if you have ODST.

I didn't see it specified if the disc was required or not for this contest.

I assume it will work like the beta keys they gave out to the people who played halo 2 online. They were all to be given codes to access the Halo Reach beta without having anything to do with ODST.

#45 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:41 AM

try watching it from the actual halo reach videos page. I watched it twice on the thread and it didn't work for me, watched it on there and it worked. I just let it run in the background and mute it.

I only watched the videos from the Reach videos, but still no go, guess I'll try again:drool:

#46 JollehRoger

JollehRoger

Feel My Cagceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:41 AM

http://twitter.com/GamePro is also supposedly giving away codes.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Add me OnLive: JollehRoger

#47 die138

die138

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:31 AM

what is the ask "and you shall receive" quest. its not loading up.

#48 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:44 AM

Does everyone on Giant Bomb who completes the quest get it? Or just a lucky few <_<. (Halfway done currently). Not planning to rebuy ODST just to play the beta
Posted ImagePosted Image

#49 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:48 AM

As if people here need any more reason to be distracted from their backlog... :P

#50 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:52 AM

As if people here need any more reason to be distracted from their backlog... :P

Lawl, agreed, my backlog is so huge its not even funny, and i just added 2 games to my front-line (SSF4 and Record of Agarest War)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#51 agentcoop007

agentcoop007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:57 AM

Does everyone on Giant Bomb who completes the quest get it? Or just a lucky few <_<. (Halfway done currently). Not planning to rebuy ODST just to play the beta

completing the quest just enters you into the drawing as far as I know. Which I did thanks to help from you GAGs :)

#52 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:01 AM

completing the quest just enters you into the drawing as far as I know. Which I did thanks to help from you GAGs :)

Meh, seems like quite a run around just for a "Chance", but whatever i guess, 19 minutes into the video already while i was doing something else. Time to pop in SSF4 ^_^
Posted ImagePosted Image

#53 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:46 AM

Just finished Giant Bomb's quest for this, hopefully I get in.

#54 roscooee

roscooee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:55 AM

your theory on time = money doesnt seem right, but i dont have enough evidence to disprove it

#55 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:00 AM

Those claiming you might still need odst for this. Here is proof you don't.

http://www.gamepro.c...content=Twitter

#56 xNightfire147x

xNightfire147x

Loser in Love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:17 AM

Thanks OP entered into all 3, here's to hoping at least some Cags get early access.

#57 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:23 AM

Thanks OP!

#58 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:15 PM

Well finally got the Ask and You Shall Recieve quest done this morning as it finally recognized I watched the 35 minute preview after playing it 6 times=P

#59 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:54 PM

G4TV.com is also doing a contest, though they only have 20 early beta keys: http://g4tv.com/game...ch-sweepstakes/

#60 agentos

agentos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:38 AM

Finished all of the parts of the quest in about an hour. Thanks for the information