Jade Empire (Xbox, Xbox 360)/Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes (Xbox) NEW $5 eBay Daily Deal

I own both but that's tempting. The older a game gets the scarier used copies are.

*Edit* .....I bought them. Damn you CAG!!!

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Is this like 2 seperate games induvidually sealed or like one of those Pure/Lego Batman double games?[/QUOTE]

It says:
"Brand NEW Sealed in the Retail Case"
"Jade Empire and Kingdom Under Fire Heroes Games in two separate retail cases with manuals"

[quote name='Jay']10 copies avaiable isn't changing, i wonder if they'll have enough copies.[/QUOTE]

I see "More than 10 available." I wouldn't expect that to change until there are, you know, 10 or less available.

[quote name='BigPopov']Shame KoF never got BC. It really is a great strategy/action/RPG series.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, lots of shame to go around. I've got a copy of Men of Valor that I bought on the hope that MS would make it BC, considering it seems to be the best-rated Vietnam console game. No dice. I grit my teeth everytime I view the BC list and see "last updated November 2007."

awesome, thanks OP! these will just go into the bin, but I didn't have KUF and I had the 'LE' of Jade Empire, should be cool!!

I've owned both of these games for a long time and have repeatedly looked for a good time to sell them. So I can confidently say neither is likely to become "collectible" anytime soon. $5 for both is about right or I dare say you could get them each cheaper just on regular Ebay.

[quote name='FeathersMcGraw']I'm tempted by the Bioware-y goodness of Jade Empire, but why does the listing say "Requires Xbox Live download"?[/QUOTE]

The bonus material was available for download over Xbox Live (before MS pulled the plug). It's also available on the second disc of the Limited Edition version.

Bought. Thanks OP.

For those playing Jade Empire on the 360, the good news is that the update to make it playable on the 360 includes the Limited Edition content. I don't remember if there was other DLC for the game, though.

[quote name='FeathersMcGraw']I'm tempted by the Bioware-y goodness of Jade Empire, but why does the listing say "Requires Xbox Live download"?[/QUOTE]

It says that under "Compatible with Xbox 360." IIRC every BC original Xbox game requires a download to make it work on the 360 when you first put it in.

[quote name='dumlaox']For those playing Jade Empire on the 360, the good news is that the update to make it playable on the 360 includes the Limited Edition content. I don't remember if there was other DLC for the game, though.[/QUOTE]

Is it even possible to get that update at this point, though? I'm tempted, because I've wanted to play this game, but I'm afraid that I won't even be able to run it. Debating whether I should hold out for a deal on the PC version.

Edit: Actually, from what I'm reading, it sounds like the PC version has a bunch of additional enhancements? If so, then yeah, holding out for it. Can anyone confirm?

[quote name='Dreamcastguy']Has anyone had any bad luck with those weird ebay checkout systems?

I mean I have never had to use Channel Advisor before.[/QUOTE]

This one was very low hassle. A couple of extra continues
to push it through to Paypal, though no re-entering of any
information that isn't already on file. Just your PP password and out.

I got it just for KUF. Not sure what I'm going to do with the extra copy of Jade Empire but my local game shop wanted $15 for a used copy of KUF so no complaints here.

Speaking of backward compatible titles can someone point me to the latest compatibility list as well as where to download the latest version of the emulator?
I don't have my 360 hooked up to LIVE so I am going to go with the burn a CD route.

[quote name='MrFortyFive']I got it just for KUF. Not sure what I'm going to do with the extra copy of Jade Empire but my local game shop wanted $15 for a used copy of KUF so no complaints here.[/QUOTE]

As much as I'm interested ... I'd rather just spend that $5-10 on a 360 game now ... :p

Good deal on JE for those who don't have it. Too bad it's not the LE edition that includes an extra character (along with some other stuff).

I've heard good things about Jade Empire, this is as good a way as any to check it out...and I'll find something to do with Kingdom Under Fire (a new copy of which currently lists for quite a bit on Glyde, if anyone's actually BUYING it).

[quote name='FeathersMcGraw']In for one. Thanks to all for the replies. Now I just need to figure out where to sell a copy of Kingdom Under Fire. ;)[/QUOTE]

Nextworth will give you 10 cents for it!!!

I already have both, but for $5, I couldn't say no. That checkout was a pain though. Not in a hard/confusing way, but in a WHY IS THIS TAKING SO LONG way.

Good spot, OP - in for one, rented JE back in the day and thought it was pretty good...a score at that price

Two great games. Too bad I already beat them.

Jade Empire is really easy game. I remember that a basic jumping mechanic is really broken in that game. I don't remember in exact details(the last time I play this game is launch date), but jumping attacks score some easy hits or it cause enemy to stand still. I think that right or I'm thinking about another game.

Kingdom Under Fire Heroes is another great game. It's a slight improvement over the first one. There are multiple story lines, so you can get a better understanding for different characters point of views. The controls for this game are great considering it's a RTS for home console. The controls are streamline, so you don't have to worry about complicated controls. When your army get close to a unit you will engage in hack'n slash style; sort of like Dynasty Warriors. It's not quite up to par with Dynasty Warriors series since it lack juggling combos or variants, but it's still solid. I found most of time spamming spells for quick skirmishes. There are also some Rpg elements to booster your army as well. Definitely worth trying out! I remember this game have a big controversy over religious figures. Every time a line involves with the pope the in-game voice scenes will skip it. Also, there's a huge glitch involving the Orc scenario near the end. It have a high crash rate.

[quote name='arcane93']Is it even possible to get that update at this point, though? I'm tempted, because I've wanted to play this game, but I'm afraid that I won't even be able to run it. Debating whether I should hold out for a deal on the PC version.

Edit: Actually, from what I'm reading, it sounds like the PC version has a bunch of additional enhancements? If so, then yeah, holding out for it. Can anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is.

When Microsoft shut down the Live service for the original Xbox, they only shut down the DLC and online multiplayer capabilities, not the BC updates for the 360. The limited edition content for Jade Empire is in the BC update itself so even if you never hook up your 360 to Live and decide to burn the BC update to disc or USB, you'll get the content.

[quote name='fatbeer']Jade Empire is really easy game. I remember that a basic jumping mechanic is really broken in that game. I don't remember in exact details(the last time I play this game is launch date), but jumping attacks score some easy hits or it cause enemy to stand still. I think that right or I'm thinking about another game.[/quote]
If you're playing on the hardest difficulty (and especially the hardest difficulty on PC, but that's different), jumping is necessary. It's not glitched or broken.

[quote name='fatbeer']When your army get close to a unit you will engage in hack'n slash style; sort of like Dynasty Warriors. It's not quite up to par with Dynasty Warriors series since it lack juggling combos or variants, but it's still solid. I found most of time spamming spells for quick skirmishes. There are also some Rpg elements to booster your army as well.[/QUOTE]
Not that I didn't find them fun, but the melee encounters aren't really the main part of the game. It only does it when your encountered unit is led by a hero, and then you usually just destroy the enemy, so it doesn't even last very long. Also it's RTT, not traditional RTS, with heavy RPG elements for both heroes and armies. The multiplayer was amazing, and while that's obviously not around anymore, it has a lot of replay value because of custom scenarios.

I wonder how they can sell the games so cheaply. Even if they got them for free, First Class shipping on 2 games is going to be around $3, plus EBay and Paypal fees.

bread's done
Back