Photo
- - - - -

Nier $45, FFXIII, Bayonetta, AvsP, MW2, Darksiders, Metro 2033 $30 at Kmart 5/4-5/10

• Please log in to reply
2707 replies to this topic

#391 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:14 PM

MW2 is May 4th as well. Week of the 4th, I'm gonna be down $100 it seems.

Read the blog guys, give him some hits AND learn what you need to know about the sale at the same time.

#392 Denzalo

Denzalo

The Stampede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

Ugh.. first Bayonetta and now this?! My wallet! AHHHH

Denzalo.png

#393 JaxMoney

JaxMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:16 PM

Awesome, but yeah, too bad I have it.

#394 HCHecxz

HCHecxz

The Hecxzellent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:19 PM

Amazing deal for $30!

Now if you can get Battlefield Bad Company 2 for $30, then we are talking :)
The Hecxz-ellent One of CAG.com

Posted Image

#395 Angriwooki

Angriwooki

Nacho Libre

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:22 PM

Thanks for the info and the blog. I have a family member who works at Kmart, so with her employee discount this will be a sweet deal!

Keep'em coming!

#396 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:26 PM

Get it on the PS3 and join us in getting people to "rage quit" when we have fun and run a match with making a noob tube fest in ground wars.

#397 xewndar1

xewndar1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:45 PM

is this gonna be on a Sunday ad? i don't wanna go into Kmart and see it's 59.99. I know a couple Kmarts didn't honor that Splinter Cell Conviction sale a couple weeks ago because it wasn't in an ad

#398 MrEKO73

MrEKO73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:45 PM

Looks Like I'll be buying 4 damn games next week- Dear, SHC-Gamer- I'm gonna need a second job. Any Openings?

#399 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:01 AM

Might pick up Final Fantasy XIII and maybe something else.

At this rate K-mart is becoming the most impressive retail dealer for games around in my book.

Awesome work SHC.

#400 Lonedragon87

Lonedragon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:13 AM

will be picking up 13 for sure glad i didnt buy it for 60 like a bunch of my friends

#401 Gimgak

Gimgak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:22 AM

Damn this is a good price, SHC gamer you've changed my opinion of k-mart. Metro 2033 is also looking really good right now... :D

#402 Papa Neorev

Papa Neorev

Sounders 'Til I Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:24 AM

keep up the good work SHC
Posted Image

#403 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:27 AM

I wish there was a demo for this game. A lot of my friends are playing this online, but since I do not like shooters all that much, I would rather play a demo to see how I like it. How does the gameplay compare to Halo 3, which is one of the few shooters I actually enjoy?

#404 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:31 AM

:applause::applause::applause:
Posted Image

#405 Jerajdai

Jerajdai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:39 AM

Wow - kmart 's really going crazy with the game sales. Definitely not complaining...

#406 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:42 AM

nice!!!!!!!
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#407 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:43 AM

shc will there be a purchase limit ? like could i buy 3 copies? 1 for me and 1 for each of my brothers?

#408 DM1978

DM1978

CAG since July 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:49 AM

Thanks OP, I'm looking to pick up MW2 for a family member who just bought a PS3 Slim :)

Any chance of a Amazon.com price match?

Edited by retail sucks, 01 May 2010 - 07:29 PM.

"By Grabthar's Hammer, what a saving." - Sir Alexander Dane(Galaxy Quest)

ccccccccc[]================>

#409 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:53 AM

Speaking of MW2, have you guys heard that like 2/3 of the staff that created the game defected and that Activision is offering huge bonuses to those that stay to finish MW3? So basically, enjoy MW2 because the next installment either won't be out soon or like half the people working on it are going to be newbies.

#410 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:07 AM

Speaking of MW2, have you guys heard that like 2/3 of the staff that created the game defected and that Activision is offering huge bonuses to those that stay to finish MW3? So basically, enjoy MW2 because the next installment either won't be out soon or like half the people working on it are going to be newbies.

Your information is partially correct. 2/3 of IW have not defected...yet. Roughly 12-15 have left so far, mainly leads and senior position staff. They have all joined the original IW owners Jason and Vince in their new studio Respawn Entertainment...with more defecting every week.

Then there are the lawsuits. Jason and Vince suing Activision, Activision suing them...IW employees (both ex and current) suing Activision.

Basically Activision is holding the current IW staff hostage by withholding their royalties and bonuses (for MW2 sales) until they finish MW3...which is not only illegal, but a complete douchebag maneuver.

Infinity Ward is on life support, but will completely die before the end of this year, only for the phoenix to rise from the ashes in the form of Respawn Entertainment.

Activision and Bobby Kotick are fucking morons. They effectively killed their winning horse through their greed and stupidity.

#411 ArQuesta

ArQuesta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:10 AM

I doubt they'd be "newbies," especially since so many veteran gaming studios got shut down in the past couple of years. Most likely it'll be staff from other studios or they'll get Treyarch Studios to finish it up.

And they didn't defect so much as they felt uncomfortable in the current environment. When the studio heads are fired and move on and people get snubbed on their post-game bonus' you feel the need to move on. Especially since you helped develop such a high grossing game. Cheers for Infinity Ward and I hope the members go on to create more and more highly polished games.

#412 roninld

roninld

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:20 AM

They are definitely still on, I'm writing them now. No changes though, Metro 2033 and Darksiders are $29.99 from May 4th through the 10th. It'll be official though once I post it up there.

Thanks!

Wait, what?!?!? Next week is going to be a big hit on my wallet! FFXIII, Bayonetta, Metro 2033! Thanks goodness I already have MW2.

Thanks SHC-Gamer. You're work is appreciated!

#413 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:31 AM

shc will there be a purchase limit ? like could i buy 3 copies? 1 for me and 1 for each of my brothers?

No purchase limit at all, buy away!

#414 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:32 AM

No purchase limit at all, buy away!

SHC, do you work in the Sears corporate office or do you just work from home? I'm a bit curious since you seem to have some reasonably large amount of control over what happens at the stores.

#415 Rouzhokuu

Rouzhokuu

Bio-Shocked!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:34 AM

What the heck is happening?

Are these deals good at all K-Mart locations?

This is insane. =P
"Don't be a slowpoke, Mister Bubbles. Angels don't wait for slowpokes."
Take a look at my trade-list, eh?

#416 bb4lake

bb4lake

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:36 AM

I also have a question, how come all of these deals are on the same week? Couldn't you have spread them out a little bit, we are going to have to limit our purchases to only one or two games this week when there are like half a dozen great prices on good-great games. You should spread the love out every two weeks, so people can get paid and then go to K-Mart.

#417 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:48 AM

I also have a question, how come all of these deals are on the same week? Couldn't you have spread them out a little bit, we are going to have to limit our purchases to only one or two games this week when there are like half a dozen great prices on good-great games. You should spread the love out every two weeks, so people can get paid and then go to K-Mart.

Great question; think of this as the "launch" of the blog. Sunday will be the first time the blog link will be posted in our print circular. In the future, yes, it will be more focused.

#418 gargus

gargus

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:51 AM

I have not seen a K-Mart in 7 or 8 years. That is what I think. ;)

Your not missing much. I have one near me and it looks like a flea market threw up inside the place. I still cant figure out how the hell its still open after all these years.

#419 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:56 AM

SHC, do you work in the Sears corporate office or do you just work from home? I'm a bit curious since you seem to have some reasonably large amount of control over what happens at the stores.

I wish I worked from home! I work at corporate office in Hoffman Estates, IL as the Senior Merchant for video games. I have excellent access to all of our channels to help out!

#420 BWS1982

BWS1982

No Abdication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:57 AM

Your information is partially correct. 2/3 of IW have not defected...yet. Roughly 12-15 have left so far, mainly leads and senior position staff. They have all joined the original IW owners Jason and Vince in their new studio Respawn Entertainment...with more defecting every week.

Then there are the lawsuits. Jason and Vince suing Activision, Activision suing them...IW employees (both ex and current) suing Activision.

Basically Activision is holding the current IW staff hostage by withholding their royalties and bonuses (for MW2 sales) until they finish MW3...which is not only illegal, but a complete douchebag maneuver.

Infinity Ward is on life support, but will completely die before the end of this year, only for the phoenix to rise from the ashes in the form of Respawn Entertainment.

Activision and Bobby Kotick are fucking morons. They effectively killed their winning horse through their greed and stupidity.

Aaaand exactly why I swore I'd only buy MW2 at $30 or less, that was my "you can suck it Kotick" price point....If I happen to feel like going a town north of here next week, I'll grab it if I can (I assume you only need to show the ad to the clerk if it's ringing up $60, because the blog is there? or is this something that will be marked down at all Kmarts?)

I'd rather still get Darksiders for $30, though, to be honest. As someone aiming to work in the industry with my degree, I have put Acti and Kotick at the bottom, as the scum of the industry. I feel very bad for IW right now...