Photo
- - - - -

Nier $45, FFXIII, Bayonetta, AvsP, MW2, Darksiders, Metro 2033 $30 at Kmart 5/4-5/10

• Please log in to reply
2707 replies to this topic

#691 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:30 AM

I'm deff buying FF XIII...

I also REALLY want AvP, but feel it can be had for 20 bucks in a few months...

You can buy it for $20.00, because there is a coupon for kmart $10 off anything over $20
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#692 One4Deuce

One4Deuce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:34 AM

I hope I can get my Best Buy to do a price match. The checkout lady knows me by first name at this point so I think if I check out with her it shouldn't be an issue. I also have $20 in reward certificates to use :D

#693 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:36 AM

Simple answer, because that's their policy. From BB's website:

If you find a lower advertised price on the same available brand and model prior to your purchase or during the exchange and return period, we will match that price. Simply bring in the ad of the local retail competitor or Best Buy, while the lower price is in effect and receive your price match. The guarantee does not apply to our competitors' website pricing and the guarantee does not apply to our or our competitors':

• Offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors and mail-in offers.
  • Items that are limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, Outlet Center, refurbished/used items and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

It's not "website pricing" though. It's in store as well. And that doesn't say they WON'T accept anything but an actual ad.

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#694 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:37 AM

You can buy it for $20.00, because there is a coupon for kmart $10 off anything over $20

I thought it expired?? Post it for me.

#695 Shimmerz

Shimmerz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:39 AM

I think a lot of people are missing the point of these great prices at K-mart. They're low so that they can get more traffic into the store. By going and price matching them at another store its going to be a quick way to these deals ending as it wont increase foot traffic.

#696 Interfeci

Interfeci

ASSIMILATE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:42 AM

Oh I never buy used, well not never. But hardly. If I go used it's on goozex.

But I think I'll go on over to Kmart on Tuesday morning and see if they have the sale price up instore.

It's just unusual to see Kmart so aggressive in game pricing, but maybe they are finally getting some guys at the top who can run the place.

SHC-Gamer is the one running all of these game deals through. Since he joined, he's actually lowered prices on a few things that have been stagnant for years, and now he's actually bringing in a little more clientelle (CAGs. If advertised, he'd get much more clientelle, but then it'd be so much easier for anyone to PM.) to Kmart. The Kmart clearance thread actualy seems to have become more of a 'Why is this game still priced so high, SHC? If you lower it i'l buy it' thread. Pretty interesting.
PEW PEW PEW.

#697 ArQuesta

ArQuesta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:48 AM

I'm definitely getting to K-mart at opening on Tuesday. I don't want to miss this. :bouncy:

My K-mart is fairly small but I don't trust it to stay in stock for long if people know about this sale. SHC-Gamer, you make me very happy. I haven't bought anything from K-mart for years and now I'm going to always keep and eye out for the good deals. Bravo. :applause:

#698 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:48 AM

I think a lot of people are missing the point of these great prices at K-mart. They're low so that they can get more traffic into the store. By going and price matching them at another store its going to be a quick way to these deals ending as it wont increase foot traffic.

Exactly. Everyone can attempt to price-match elsewhere, but don't hold your breath for similar sales in the future.

#699 ScottsUSERID

ScottsUSERID

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:08 AM

I only question one thing about all these greats @ Kmart that can be had.

Does Kmart prefer the idea of Viral marketing to advertise versus circular advertising to increase foot traffic...not a single game deal in the circulars...But I think viral marketing is cool...it's always nice to know someone on the inside spreads the word and listens.

#700 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:11 AM

The people who want to price-match this are stupid douches, let's not even waste anymore posts on them.

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#701 ScottsUSERID

ScottsUSERID

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:20 AM

If you can get them to price match the sale, get another copy and return it with the $59.99 receipt.

Win.

#702 mickeyu422

mickeyu422

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:57 AM

The people who want to price-match this are stupid douches, let's not even waste anymore posts on them.

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

#703 g-man

g-man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:14 PM

the thing about price matching is that EVERYONE knows about it. We know about it, Best Buy knows about it, and K-Mart knows about it. It's a gamble they are willing to take, clearly. Yes, these sales are to increase foot traffic into K-Mart, but you can't call people douches for using legitimate tactics to obtain good deals from their favorite stores. It's not like price matching is some hidden, tactic that only a select few people know about. Stop being so effing elitist. It's K-mart for crying out loud. It's so insignificant at this point in the game that there is almost zero brand loyalty left.

That being said, I will NOT be price matching these because i DO want to help the store, but I'm not going to be an angry douche myself and call other people douches. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I want to price match at Best Buy myself. Why? One reason - Reward Zone Points. one simple, effective strategy best buy has put in place to bring in foot traffic. K-Mart should follow suit if they want to compete on a meaningful level, and not just pull in traffic for one week out of the month.

#704 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:54 PM

I'm really worried that I'll miss out on a copy at my local Kmart and I'm not above price matching at Walmart *IF* I can't get it at my local store.

#705 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:05 PM

I can't wait to see who has trouble getting even K-Mart themselves to honor this. :roll:

#706 BLUEMANRULE

BLUEMANRULE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:24 PM

I would love to see Dante's Inferno for $30. That would definitely be a buy.

#707 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:31 PM

I would love to see Dante's Inferno for $30. That would definitely be a buy.

It really is, I bought it for about ~$24 during the EA store's sale and it was worth it but once you beat it there's really nothing else to do but it was a good game regardless :)

#708 IronClaw

IronClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:33 PM

I can't wait to see who has trouble getting even K-Mart themselves to honor this. :roll:

My thoughts exactly...I have this weird feeling this is going to be a disaster and the stores won't have the correct prices in their system and they won't take the word of their own site.

#709 QuantumTunnelRat

QuantumTunnelRat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:39 PM

My thoughts exactly...I have this weird feeling this is going to be a disaster and the stores won't have the correct prices in their system and they won't take the word of their own site.

This is exactly what I'm worried about as well. I plan on going tomorrow when they open to try to get Final Fantasy but I'm expecting to walk out empty handed. K-Mart is anything but organized. I will say that if I walk out empty handed, I'm never walking back in.

#710 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:39 PM

I can almost guarantee you will NOT get the sale price unless it rings up at that price. They won't match the print-out of the blog. They'll just say "we dun match innernet prices" and that will be that.

#711 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

To the above posters..you can call your store in advance to make sure about the sale price or you can buy online.

#712 mgsvr

mgsvr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:55 PM

Is there a limit order per each customer?

#713 IronClaw

IronClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

To the above posters..you can call your store in advance to make sure about the sale price or you can buy online.

If you plan on buying online, you better be ready within the first 5 minutes or what you want will be sold out! Call a K-Mart and ask them about anything..you'll get a NO just because they are too lazy to actually go check. Especially if it's before hours. Just some of the things I've experienced in the past.

#714 sambadeamigo

sambadeamigo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:12 PM

How much will shipping be if I order online?

#715 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

I think I might risk wasting my time and call to see if my local Kmart will have the deal. There is a Kmart and Walmart really close to each other here, so I guess I can attempt a price match if they don't.

I've always hated Kmart (and Walmart for that matter) but they have cheaper prices than the BX on base. And I just got a wife and daughter all at once and can find lots of good things at Kmart for cheaper than Walmart. Except food for some reason... Cereal is expensive.

But I was just at Kmart and looked at the copies of FFXIII and said aloud to my wife that I will be back to buy it, so c'mon Kmart. Make a sale...

#716 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:15 PM

How much will shipping be if I order online?

99 cents beginning Tuesday

#717 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

Sorry if this has been answered already but what time on Tuesday will the prices be updated? There isn't a Kmart next to me so my only chance is online and I don't want to miss it.

#718 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

Sorry if this has been answered already but what time on Tuesday will the prices be updated? There isn't a Kmart next to me so my only chance is online and I don't want to miss it.

The pricing for the stores will be updated by opening; I'm following up with my online team on the exact moment the pricing for .com will be ready.

#719 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:35 PM

Is this sale guaranteed to be in effect in all stores? I just don’t wanna take a trip in to get myself a copy of Final Fantasy 13 and have the sales people look at me like I’ve got three heads when I tell them that it’s supposed to be on sale for $29.99.

I’m sorry if this has been asked in this thread already, but 37 pages is a lot to read through.

#720 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:38 PM

Is this sale guaranteed to be in effect in all stores? I just don’t wanna take a trip in to get myself a copy of Final Fantasy 13 and have the sales people look at me like I’ve got three heads when I tell them that it’s supposed to be on sale for $29.99.

I’m sorry if this has been asked in this thread already, but 37 pages is a lot to read through.

I know; I'm having a tough time keeping up myself :)

The pricing is being updated over night and will be effective in all stores.