Photo
- - - - -

Nier $45, FFXIII, Bayonetta, AvsP, MW2, Darksiders, Metro 2033 $30 at Kmart 5/4-5/10

• Please log in to reply
2707 replies to this topic

#781 gravel

gravel

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:35 PM

Just launched the page; KmartGamer, with my ugly mug on it.

I'm thinking about doing some really cool sweepstakes on it pretty soon for followers (hardware give aways, that kind of thing). Check it out if you'd like and let me know what you think.

Followed! Looks good so far!

#782 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:02 PM

Went to KMart. Had a small section for games. 360 and PS3 shelves (behind glass) were nearly empty. I mean, they had two rows of shelves, each one with a sparse listing of games and the PS3 section was half-filled with blu-rays. The only game of the ones listed here as on sale was Metro 2033 and there was one copy there, laying on its side, practically hidden in a sea of empty shelves. Large blank shelves as if a manager or someone had come through, cleaned the games off the shelves, and then wandered off. It didn't take me long to find out where those games had gone. In the center of the Electronics section, there's two big boxes with various Greatest Hits and discontinued games mixed from all platforms. You too can buy Halo Wars for $29.99! Or Dark Sector for $29.99! Woot!

No one around for about twenty minutes. I walked around, poking my head here and there, and I found a rolling sled that had some boxes that had not been fully opened and stocked. On top, there was a open small box that I suspect must have been the SHC-Gamer care package as it had 2 more copies of Metro 2033, 3 copies of Nier for each platform, 3 copies of Bayonetta for PS3, and one copy of Modern Warfare 2 for 360. Oh, and a stray copy of Left 4 Dead for 360. Pretty sure this would have been all that'd have fit in the box.

No sign of Final Fantasy XIII or Bayonetta for 360. After waiting forever, the girl showed up, looking overworked, and asked me if I needed anything. I told her I was looking for FFXIII and she admitted that if "it's not in the bins or the shelves, then we don't have it." I asked her if she could search her inventory and she assures me she cannot. She'd need the SKU.

This is why I didn't bother going for the Splinter Cell; I knew I'd be wasting my time. Not an experience I'd repeat. K-Mart's got a long, long way to go imo. This is in reference to a K-Mart in Greensboro, NC. I hope everyone else is having better luck.

#783 kampretkampret

kampretkampret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:47 PM

anyone know when this deal will go live? really want ffxiii

#784 twstd4lfe

twstd4lfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:50 PM

might go at midnight. but the damn store is in a very questionable part of town, and I really do mean questionable (even more so at midnight haha)

#785 kampretkampret

kampretkampret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:53 PM

kmart is 24 hrs?

#786 Megalith

Megalith

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:55 PM

Can anyone confirm that these markdowns will reflect on the website?

#787 miguel2003

miguel2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:56 PM

can somebody help me, which stores can price match?... I really want to know if Target can price match K-mart since I can use my discount and avoid Tax.

The real problem is K-mart Stores are terrible because they only have 1 or 2 Games available and then they tell you: "out of stock, come back tomorrow"... dumb :S

#788 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:00 AM

To anyone thinking of getting nier: http://www.joystiq.c...er-review-fail/

#789 twstd4lfe

twstd4lfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:02 AM

kmart is 24 hrs?

some of them are, just check kmart.com

#790 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:04 AM

Is Halo Reach for $44.99 on launch day too much to ask? Combine that with my $15 off coupon for $29.99....

#791 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:07 AM

Way to be ungrateful.

Seriously.

Besides, the Kmart rep said once upon a time that Publishers(well alot of them) set a MAP. Which is the minimum advertised price. So it's not always upto the store, atleast not on release.

Once again, quit bitching.

#792 PotatoGuy

PotatoGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:11 AM

im not digging through the 40 pages but i didnt see this advertised in the flyer or any signage in the store. whats the deal, eh?

#793 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:13 AM

It's an unadvertised special and it doesn't start until tomorrow.

#794 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:14 AM

I was contemplating on purchasing Nier but that video kind of sealed the deal for me. I'm not sure if the other parts of the game is worth $45 but that fishing sequence makes it seem that the developer owes us money for playing that sad excuse of a mini game.

#795 autopiloton

autopiloton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:28 AM

"Literally... Literally... LITERALLY."

That part of the game looks really stupid.

About as stupid as the guy who made that video.
:ps3: :wii: :360: :psp: :ds: :xbox: :ps2: :gc: :pc:

#796 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:31 AM

Don't by nier
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#797 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:32 AM

where can I check the local Kmart's Inventory for Mordern Warfare 2?
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#798 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:32 AM

Way to be ungrateful.

Seriously.

Besides, the Kmart rep said once upon a time that Publishers(well alot of them) set a MAP. Which is the minimum advertised price. So it's not always upto the store, atleast not on release.

Once again, quit bitching.

Who's bitching?

#799 Gluteus

Gluteus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:34 AM

SHC: It's great you're doing these deals because you're putting Kmart back on peoples' radars. Anyways, you mentioned that May is going to be a big month for deals. I am wondering how good is your deal on Lost Planet 2 going to be? Is it going to be, "I'll get it at Kmart" good (*cough*cough*$20-25off) or something more ordinary?

#800 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:41 AM

can I put in a request to the official K-Mart Rep?

How'bout dropping that $29.99 retail price on Burnout Revenge for the :360:? C'mon, it's $19.99 everywhere else, even on Games OnDemand. Clearance that thing already; it's only been out for oh how long.....four years? Yeah, it's about time.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#801 geohouse

geohouse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:45 AM

Condemned 2 Bloodshot needs to drop to $5 or less. $19.99 come on!

#802 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:49 AM

No one around for about twenty minutes. I walked around, poking my head here and there...

This is why I didn't bother going for the Splinter Cell; I knew I'd be wasting my time. Not an experience I'd repeat. K-Mart's got a long, long way to go imo. This is in reference to a K-Mart in Greensboro, NC. I hope everyone else is having better luck.

Bro, it's the same here in California. The ones in Redwood City/Shores and San Mateo also suck royal @$$. K-mart employees basically behave like they're waiting in line to go straight to hell; or just stoned all the time. 'These' people [employees] completely lack social skills; none whatsoever.

If you feel more angry after coming out of the store than before you went in, then there's something seriously wrong with that shopping experience. (<<<Hey K-mart, FREE advice HERE!!)
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#803 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:49 AM

Who's bitching?

You were, now go back to lurking.

Is Halo Reach for $44.99 on launch day too much to ask? Combine that with my $15 off coupon for $29.99....

Sounds like bitching to me.

#804 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:51 AM

Condemned 2 Bloodshot needs to drop to $5 or less. $19.99 come on!

Best Buy routinely puts Condemned 1 and Condemned 2 on clearance, $5 or $10; YMMV.

(aside: that K-mart website needs a lot of work. search function alone is a fail.)

#805 RDLee

RDLee

Twitter.com/RDLee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:59 AM

I have one more question and I am sorry if it's already been answered. Do you all think the sale will begin online at K-Mart.com after midnight or in the morning?

I am trying to decide whether or not to go to the B&M or just to order thru the website. Thanks.

#806 geohouse

geohouse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:04 AM

Do i need to print some ad with these games or is already set up when they scan each games.

#807 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:07 AM

Any word on what time the website will update?

#808 nogard

nogard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:06 AM

Want to pick up FFXIII, hope it won't sell out after a few minutes.

#809 Energy Penguin

Energy Penguin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:08 AM

Thanks for head's up SHC-Gamer. I would jump on all of those if I had any money, or any semblance of currency. It sucks cause I want all those games (except AvP & MW2) and that is price point I have been waiting for.

#810 warmsignal

warmsignal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:09 AM

So what exactly should one have printed out to take into the store for proof of this sale? The blog posts?

Because I'm really expecting "Uh... we didn't hear anything about a sale." tomorrow.