Photo
- - - - -

Nier $45, FFXIII, Bayonetta, AvsP, MW2, Darksiders, Metro 2033 $30 at Kmart 5/4-5/10

• Please log in to reply
2707 replies to this topic

#811 jgamezcua

jgamezcua

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:10 AM

SHC-Gamer, will the PS3 Aliens Vs Predator be showing up online?

Only the 360 and PC version are coming up currently.

#812 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:14 AM

You were, now go back to lurking.

Is Halo Reach for $44.99 on launch day too much to ask? Combine that with my $15 off coupon for $29.99....

Sounds like bitching to me.

That is hardly bitching. You're looking too far into it.

Edited by atc250es, 04 May 2010 - 01:19 AM.

#813 Smef

Smef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:20 AM

Does anyone know if sears will have the same prices as kmart on this? There is a sears MUCH closer to me than a kmart.

#814 dopehat

dopehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:25 AM

Damn just called both Kmarts near me and they are all sold out of Final Fantasy XIII

#815 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:25 AM

That is hardly bitching. You're looking too far into it.

Maybe so, probably. If it wasn't bitching then my bad, it just sounded like whining to me.

#816 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:33 AM

It was more of wishful thinking.

#817 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:36 AM

That's cool, it's hard to detect stuff like that on the internet.

Same reason why sarcasm in text fails hard.

#818 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:40 AM

You were, now go back to lurking.

Is Halo Reach for $44.99 on launch day too much to ask? Combine that with my $15 off coupon for $29.99....

Sounds like bitching to me.

It sounds to me like he's just hoping to get a game for cheap.

edit: Whoops, didn't refresh before quoting. Seems you guys have already hugged and made up.

#819 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:39 AM

Does anyone know if sears will have the same prices as kmart on this? There is a sears MUCH closer to me than a kmart.

They will not.

So what exactly should one have printed out to take into the store for proof of this sale? The blog posts?

Because I'm really expecting "Uh... we didn't hear anything about a sale." tomorrow.

It is not a "sale", in the sense that they need to be aware of the price change and manually force it. The price is being adjusted WITHIN THE NATIONAL SYSTEM, they will ring it up and the price will be $29.99 suddenly. They will probably have no idea it happened.

#820 robodaddyo

robodaddyo

is not a scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:47 AM

Biiiig huuuuuugz.

#821 One4Deuce

One4Deuce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:48 AM

Today is my birthday, I've been keeping my eye on Bayonetta and Metro 2033, is now the time to bite?

#822 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:02 AM

Hard to believe so many people are interested in Metro, when I've had it on my trade list for weeks with no offers.

#823 luxarific

luxarific

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:21 AM

I was contemplating on purchasing Nier but that video kind of sealed the deal for me. I'm not sure if the other parts of the game is worth $45 but that fishing sequence makes it seem that the developer owes us money for playing that sad excuse of a mini game.

Re Nier: People need to read this thread, to get a better idea of what this game is like and how much fun it is. Also, the Joystiq reviewer completely missed the gigantic red x on the mini-map that tells you where to fish for the Shaman Fish. The fishing minigame is fantastically easy (and actually a nice break from fighting): just pull back on the left thumbstick and tilt it the way your character moves on screen. Once the health bar reaches zero, you'll get the fish. Don't press A - just use the thumbstick. (This is the 360 version, obviously).

I've been playing Nier for the past three days and it's been awesome. Beats FFXIII (which I 1000/1000'ed) in gameplay, plot and acting by a mile. FFXIII does have better graphics.

#824 faydoy123

faydoy123

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:22 AM

First post!

I was at the K-Mart on Broadway right at the Astor Place station at around 8:30PM.

I was only looking at the PS3 games to see what they had in stock (sorry 360ers!). They had around 10 copies of FFXIII for ps3 and at least 7 copies of Darksiders, Modern Warfare, Nier, and if I recall AVP behind the glass.

Good luck tomorrow.

#825 Ibramgaunt249

Ibramgaunt249

Cheap ass Viking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:37 AM

To anyone thinking of getting nier: http://www.joystiq.c...er-review-fail/

The only thing that did was make that guy look like a huge douche, I feel sorry for his kid and wife.

Posted Image

#826 profanedic

profanedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:40 AM

Know this has been posted here the past couple days, but still wanted to say thanks to the OP. Appreciate you helping me save some money and giving me a reason to go to K-Mart

#827 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:52 AM

Nier's fishing is completely awful, at first. The game doesn't explain it well but once I knew what I was doing, it's easy, it's quick, it would be good money if I needed money.

Nier is absolutely a "different" game. I almost passed it up until we got close to release and I started looking into it more. It reminds me a lot of resonance of fate, not in any physical way, but the developers decided what they wanted to make and went to town. Lots of ideas out of left field.. I HEARTILY recommend checking out the game with the caveat that this is not a universal title that will be loved by everyone, it's not being scored as it is without reason.

#828 drkshr

drkshr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:01 AM

Great deals, thank you! Picking up Bayonetta at that price point for sure.

#829 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:01 AM

The only thing that did was make that guy look like a huge douche, I feel sorry for his kid and wife.

Justin McElroy is the man.

#830 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:03 AM

SHC-Gamer, will the PS3 Aliens Vs Predator be showing up online?

Only the 360 and PC version are coming up currently.

We are currently working on the PS3 version of Aliens vs. Predators online; as soon as it is up, I'll post it.

#831 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:05 AM

SHC: It's great you're doing these deals because you're putting Kmart back on peoples' radars. Anyways, you mentioned that May is going to be a big month for deals. I am wondering how good is your deal on Lost Planet 2 going to be? Is it going to be, "I'll get it at Kmart" good (*cough*cough*$20-25off) or something more ordinary?

Think Splinter Cell Conviction (not first week)

#832 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:05 AM

Hey SHC, what time do you think these prices will go online?

#833 nakedninja

nakedninja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:09 AM

i can't find any reviews for nier it looks cool, but i'm not sure yet

#834 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:09 AM

SHC,

Is there any advice you can give to the many people here whose K-Mart has games behind games? At my local K-Mart, they face the games spine facing out, but have a tendency to put games *in front* of those, also spine facing out. It makes it a hassle to see the games behind the games, in other words.

This wouldn't be a problem if older games were in the back, except at my (and other K-Mart's I'd guess) they stick the NEWER games back there as well!

Asking the employee if you can look through those games gets two responses - one is that "Sure, no problem!" however the other is "What's the game name? It's not back there, trust me" or "We're out of stock" or something similar. So far I've been lucky in that the employees always let me look through with no problem.

Asking if you can look back there because a game is on sale will just get a response of "I didn't see it in the ad... we don't have it back there".

Is there anything we can tell these employees to get them to let us look through the case (or get THEM to look through)? Case in point, my local K-Mart put Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver behind two ROWS of DS games... you wouldn't even know they had it if you couldn't make out the very edge of the giant box it comes in.

For the short version, what can we tell the employees if we suspect a game we want is shoved behind some other games? Because you are losing sales if the game is hiding behind other games yet employees won't do the due diligence and look for it.

#835 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:11 AM

i can't find any reviews for nier it looks cool, but i'm not sure yet

http://www.gameranki...&numrev=3&site=

Very few so far and scores about where I'd imagine. The videogamer review I say is a good positive and eurogamer a good negative-ish. I can't really agree with much under a 6 but I'm sure a lot of people will not like this game so they are valid scores.

#836 warmsignal

warmsignal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:21 AM

Asking if you can look back there because a game is on sale will just get a response of "I didn't see it in the ad... we don't have it back there".

Is there anything we can tell these employees to get them to let us look through the case (or get THEM to look through)?

"Do your job, or else I'd like to speak with your manager.", I would imagine might work.

#837 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:22 AM

Re Nier: People need to read this thread, to get a better idea of what this game is like and how much fun it is. Also, the Joystiq reviewer completely missed the gigantic red x on the mini-map that tells you where to fish for the Shaman Fish. The fishing minigame is fantastically easy (and actually a nice break from fighting): just pull back on the left thumbstick and tilt it the way your character moves on screen. Once the health bar reaches zero, you'll get the fish. Don't press A - just use the thumbstick. (This is the 360 version, obviously).

I've been playing Nier for the past three days and it's been awesome. Beats FFXIII (which I 1000/1000'ed) in gameplay, plot and acting by a mile. FFXIII does have better graphics.

Thanks for the input and the thread from NeoGAF. I'll make sure to rent first before I plunk down the cash for it though.

#838 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:23 AM

Thanks for the input and the thread from NeoGAF. I'll make sure to rent first before I plunk down the cash for it though.

And I'd say that's definitely a good idea. Though honestly you could just beat it in a rental, depending how much you play and if you wanted to do a lot of side stuff(not too necessary in this game, really).

#839 EdRyder

EdRyder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:28 AM

To anyone thinking of getting nier: http://www.joystiq.c...er-review-fail/

To anyone thinking of getting Nier: Dont fish on the beach like an idiot. Fish on the pier like a normal person would.

:roll:

#840 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:27 AM

Gamespot's review is out, they gave it a 5 (mediocre). I don't really trust "pro" reviews, but if you do, there you go.

I really don't think this one is a hidden gem like Resonance of Fate is. I was almost going to try it, but the fact they're not releasing the RepliCant version is just insulting. I'd rather have the JRPG stereotype (in a JRPG!) than the dude in Gestalt they're using to pander to Western audiences.