Photo
- - - - -

Nier $45, FFXIII, Bayonetta, AvsP, MW2, Darksiders, Metro 2033 $30 at Kmart 5/4-5/10

• Please log in to reply
2707 replies to this topic

#961 kampretkampret

kampretkampret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:36 AM

30? seriously? how did you figure?

I understand the frustration of those that missed out...but it doesn't help that KMart Online allows you to buy 30 copies per order.

FFXIII more than likely went OOS due to hoarders and flippers. Just sayin'.

But people should relax and stop jumping on Joshnorm's ass...it isn't his fault...unless he hoarded most of the copies. ;)

#962 wizzyx3

wizzyx3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:38 AM

Damn flippers and hoarders!!!

#963 jrallen99

jrallen99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:39 AM

thanks op got ff13 for xbox wanted ps3 but happy to get one either way.
btw xbox version is now oos

#964 kampretkampret

kampretkampret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:40 AM

hmm.. you can't even put it on cart now...

It's really nice to see there are some optimistic people about the deal... but I very doubt they're going to restock...

Also, they haven't officially changed FFXIII to "Out Of Stock". Only stating "This item is not available for purchase at this time" if you try adding it to your cart. They may replenish their stock and put it into the system soon. Just keep checking.

#965 aces888

aces888

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:40 AM

Seriously how much are the flippers going to make out this? It doesn't seem worthwhile. I know of better things to flip than this. Not a big deal tho, game is not a must have for me. I'll wait until it drops further and my 2 copies.

#966 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:43 AM

30? seriously? how did you figure?

I put 999 copies of Bayonetta (also part of the sale) into my cart. It maxed me out at 30. Same thing with Nier.

Yeah, a bad idea on their part. If they wanted to maximize their site traffic...you can only do that by having happy customers. What they got were a few happy hoarders that will never use them other than to abuse their system...and a whole LOT of frustrated customers who missed out because of hoarders that will never shop at KMart again.

Poor strategy if I may say so. Limiting the amount to no more than 1-2 (depending on the amount of inventory) per account/card/household would have made this story conclude with a happy ending.

#967 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:45 AM

Okay everyone, caaaaaaalm DOWN. This deal is going on until the TENTH. FOR A WEEK. It has been active for AN HOUR.

Give it a chance! You have no idea if things will improve, and no reason to assume they won't. JESUS.

#968 Saraquael

Saraquael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:45 AM

I just got back from my local 24 hour K-Mart (Tinley Park, IL). Sadly the prices weren't updated yet. I ended up picking it up anyway and plan on heading back tomorrow to pricematch it.

#969 kampretkampret

kampretkampret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:44 AM

thank you... someone that finally understand my point... ah well.. not sure we're gonna see kmart much longer anyway... really don't see how they can survive in business

I put 999 copies of Bayonetta (also part of the sale) into my cart. It maxed me out at 30. Same thing with Nier.

Yeah, a bad idea on their part. If they wanted to maximize their site traffic...you can only do that by having happy customers. What they got were a few happy hoarders that will never use them other than to abuse their system...and a whole LOT of frustrated customers who missed out because of hoarders that will never shop at KMart again.

Poor strategy if I may say so. Limiting the amount to no more than 2 would have made this story end with a happy ending.

#970 zeeb8

zeeb8

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:46 AM

Got the 2 games I was interested in. Thanks SHC!

One recommendation, you may want to add the console version to Bayonetta's title. I had to double-check the online/store item numbers to ensure I was getting it for the PS3.

One funny thing, the email confirmation included recommendations for a women's cami knit maxi dress & women's 5 pocket jeans. May want to tweak that recommendation mechanism towards items that are more in alignment with the gamer demographic.

#971 kampretkampret

kampretkampret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:50 AM

lol. are you new to this kind of event? before cheapassgamer/ slickdeals your logic might work... but nowadays you need to monitor what you want closely during this kind of events.. if you think there are much interest on the item.. better get ready refreshing every seconds..

otherwise, if what you want doesn't get much interest.. you can relax..

Okay everyone, caaaaaaalm DOWN. This deal is going on until the TENTH. FOR A WEEK. It has been active for AN HOUR.

Give it a chance! You have no idea if things will improve, and no reason to assume they won't. JESUS.

#972 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:55 AM

hmm.. you can't even put it on cart now...

It's really nice to see there are some optimistic people about the deal... but I very doubt they're going to restock...

Don't worry about it too much. The game is so-so if you're a long-time Final Fantasy fan. Personally, I'm waiting until it's below $30 on Amazon (no tax or shipping). I said it on its release date. This game will drop in price fast and there will be sales for it beforehand.

It happened in Japan, especially on Amazon's Japanese site. Some of the reviews are hilarious...and I remember FFXIII being sold there for just over 60% off for a while (currently at 57% off). All within just 2 months. Give it a months or so more, the price will drop like a rock.

#973 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:55 AM

this kind of situations make me wish that I still live in my home country where all the games are pirated... I used to just walk into a game store.. ask for every new games (prob like 5-10 games) every couple of months and buy them without even thinking

what I meant 'people' is that those who have a life and not refreshing this thread every damn seconds...
how the Fuck should I know when the deal is alive?

sometimes I think website like cheapassgamer and slickdeals are making it hard for regular people (the demographic that retailers actually care) to get deals

I actually was aware about this deal from their blog directly... I started monitoring this thread since I'm pretty sure there are flippers/resellers that would be interested making some profit out of this..

I guess I'm not experienced enough

Kmart is helping you. You need something, but not a video game.

#974 supershammy

supershammy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:59 AM

lol. are you new to this kind of event? before cheapassgamer/ slickdeals your logic might work... but nowadays you need to monitor what you want closely during this kind of events.. if you think there are much interest on the item.. better get ready refreshing every seconds..

otherwise, if what you want doesn't get much interest.. you can relax..

Am I new. Let's compare registration dates.

Seriously, you and the rest of the pissed off, impatient users sound like children. Wait till morning, at the very least, and see what SHC has to say. Are you gonna be okay till then little guy? Need a pacifier or somethin'? Maybe you all can suck eachother's thumbs.

#975 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:58 AM

I went by my K-Mart and picked up a copy of Halo Legends today. Got my $15 coupon for Reach, and I can't wait to see what other kind of deals K-Mart has in store for us. Thanks a bunch, SHC! :D

I forgot to check to see if my K-Mart would take the $10 off coupon, though. I've got it saved on my computer somewhere, but even if I had remembered, it may have not even been worth the trouble. Anyone had any luck with it?

#976 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:01 AM

does anyone know if I put in English Nier (Gesalt) in a Japanese PS3 or a language setting that's set to Japanese, does the text become Japanese like Xbox360 one?

#977 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:03 AM

The fact that the sale is going on until the 10th is meaningless if the item sells out within two hours, and isn't restocked. No one has experience with Kmart sales restocking, since AFAIK, this is the first video game that Kmart ever sold out of.

True, some folks are getting unnecessarily heated. That said, it's difficult to imagine the flippers and to read the posts of those who belittle legitimate concerns and queries.

On an unrelated note, the one saving grace of massive flippers is that, based upon basic supply and demand, the overall price will decrease. These games being resold will shift the supply outward, creating a new equilibrium price and quantity. The quantity will be greater, and the price will be lower; not as low as $30 for FFXIII, but closer to it than it was before. A small consolation, but a consolation nonetheless.

#978 kampretkampret

kampretkampret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:04 AM

I'm actually one of the people that like the game..

bought it on release from amazon.. just to find that the case is cracked.. played while waiting for replacement.. after returning the cracked one, I gave the replacement (still sealed) to a friend for a birthday gift, knowing how much she loves FF.. (and I'm glad I did.. she's playing it non-stop)

I figure I can wait until summer with yakuza 3 and ssf4 to play.. but I keep thinking about FFXIII...

lol.. seriously.. I'm amazed at myself now... I'm not usually like this..

thanks smiley... I guess waiting until summer won't hurt.. you're alright..

Don't worry about it too much. The game is so-so if you're a long-time Final Fantasy fan. Personally, I'm waiting until it's below $30 on Amazon (no tax or shipping). I said it on its release date. This game will drop in price fast and there will be sales for it beforehand.

It happened in Japan, especially on Amazon's Japanese site. Some of the reviews are hilarious...and I remember FFXIII being sold there for just over 60% off for a while (currently at 57% off). All within just 2 months. Give it a months or so more, the price will drop like a rock.

#979 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:07 AM

I'm actually one of the people that like the game..

bought it on release from amazon.. just to find that the case is cracked.. played while waiting for replacement.. after returning the cracked one, I gave the replacement (still sealed) to a friend for a birthday gift, knowing how much she loves FF.. (and I'm glad I did.. she's playing it non-stop)

I figure I can wait until summer with yakuza 3 and ssf4 to play.. but I keep thinking about FFXIII...

lol.. seriously.. I'm amazed at myself now... I'm not usually like this..

thanks smiley... I guess waiting until summer won't hurt.. you're alright..

I'm just sober. LOL

#980 supershammy

supershammy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:09 AM

The fact that the sale is going on until the 10th is meaningless if the item sells out within two hours, and isn't restocked. No one has experience with Kmart sales restocking, since AFAIK, this is the first video game that Kmart ever sold out of.

True, some folks are getting unnecessarily heated. That said, it's difficult to imagine the flippers and to read the posts of those who belittle legitimate concerns and queries.

On an unrelated note, the one saving grace of massive flippers is that, based upon basic supply and demand, the overall price will decrease. These games being resold will shift the supply outward, creating a new equilibrium price and quantity. The quantity will be greater, and the price will be lower; not as low as $30 for FFXIII, but closer to it than it was before. A small consolation, but a consolation nonetheless.

Okay, sure. But you - and everyone else who is upset - is neglecting to note that this thread was started by the VIDEOGAME BUYER FOR KMART. The guy who is DIRECTLY IN CONTROL OF VIDEOGAME RESTOCKING.

The part that is most annoying, as a bemused onlooker, is that everyone is behaving like this is some sort of crazy free-for-all that someone stumbled upon, but with the expectations of a real sale that a business promised them would work out. It's as though everyone is hoping it would be worst-possible-scenario with this deal, and LITERALLY IT HAS BEEN TWO HOURS.

NOTE: What I'm saying here is that this whole situation is the best possible scenario for this whole sale, and nobody seems to see that.

#981 kampretkampret

kampretkampret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:11 AM

hey Fuck you.. are you even reading at all?
lol at registration dates... I didn't say you're new to cheapassgamer... but are you new to this kind of events?

I only registered to this site to monitor this kind of occurrences... how the resellers are hoarding all the supply...

learn to read first dipshit.. THEN call on the others.. hopefully that's not too hard to understand

Am I new. Let's compare registration dates.

Seriously, you and the rest of the pissed off, impatient users sound like children. Wait till morning, at the very least, and see what SHC has to say. Are you gonna be okay till then little guy? Need a pacifier or somethin'? Maybe you all can suck eachother's thumbs.

#982 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:28 AM

hey Fuck you.. are you even reading at all?
lol at registration dates... I didn't say you're new to cheapassgamer... but are you new to this kind of events?

I only registered to this site to monitor this kind of occurrences... how the resellers are hoarding all the supply...

learn to read first dipshit.. THEN call on the others.. hopefully that's not too hard to understand

What happened to you having a life and not having the time to refresh every 5 seconds?

#983 Mikocouch

Mikocouch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:30 AM

What happened to you having a life and not having the time to refresh every 5 seconds?

burn

#984 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:33 AM

Well, it seems the objective was met. The hardcore dealhunters are looking at K-Mart, the store is getting some underground press, and they didn't have to sell too many copies of the games they're losing money on to accomplish that. After all, a few copies in some of the stores, a few online with absolutely no comment on restock despite answering other questions...

Seems like a great grassroots campaign to me. Not a lot of money lost, a number of highly vocal sites talking about them. Without more stock being sent to the stores and more even distribution across all stores (or even just more stock online), this is going to eventually turn into a Hoard-aplooza with a few very happy scalpers and a lot of very annoyed CAG'ers.

Just my .02

#985 kampretkampret

kampretkampret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:37 AM

these emails are sent to my mailbox by instant notifications... don't worry, you won't see me tomorrow... it just happened I have some time now... that's how life works you know.. sometimes you have plenty of time.. sometimes you don't

any other questions? I'm here all night folks

assholes

#986 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:41 AM

Use periods, not ellipses. At least use the correct amount of dots.

Ignored.

#987 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:41 AM

these emails are sent to my mailbox by instant notifications... don't worry, you won't see me tomorrow... it just happened I have some time now... that's how life works you know.. sometimes you have plenty of time.. sometimes you don't

any other questions? I'm here all night folks

assholes

no..........more........questions....th........................ank............y......ou.

#988 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:44 AM

How come COD: MW2 and Darksiders aren't on sale? Am I missing something or are their sales reserved for a later date?

#989 menikmati

menikmati

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:44 AM

Just told my friend about the deal and he's trying to get Nier but whenever he clicks on the Accept button on the PayPal page, he gets booted out.

#990 menikmati

menikmati

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:45 AM

How come COD: MW2 and Darksiders aren't on sale? Am I missing something or are their sales reserved for a later date?

Someone mentioned earlier that there's 2 kinds of MW2 on the page. One of them works at least.