Photo
- - - - -

Nier $45, FFXIII, Bayonetta, AvsP, MW2, Darksiders, Metro 2033 $30 at Kmart 5/4-5/10

• Please log in to reply
2707 replies to this topic

#1201 WillyNilly

WillyNilly

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:24 PM

Thanks SHC-Gamer.

Went in to my Kmart but they weren't ringing up yet. However, helpful associate had the new price tags actually in his hand all printed out from that morning so he had to get a manager to help him overrride it.

I think they were going to get it to ring up automatically after I left.

So for those that may not be getting it to ring up, the price tags may have autoprinted or something and just haven't been placed.

#1202 Nuriko

Nuriko

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:23 PM

Kmart
235 Prospect Avenue
West Orange, NJ 07052
Phone Number:

(973) 731-8210

Please email them as well, hope to go during lunch time, thanks!

Just called them, they rang up $59.99 for FFXIII :( Please work your magic! Thank you.

#1203 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:25 PM

Can anyone confirm any Kmarts in southeastern Michigan have gotten word of this sale?

SHC, thanks for your effort in contacting all of these stores. If you could get in contact with this store that would be great.

Kmart
2051 18 Mile Rd
Sterling Heights, MI 48314

Phone Number:
(586) 739-0800

My hometown store; I lived at 18 and Dequindre for a long time. I just sent them a note.

#1204 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Just seems like you'd save yourself some trouble and email all the stores instead of one by one. Better yet, advise each manager that sales like this are a regular event going forward and to expect updates each week by mass email.

Then when the mass email comes, they won't be surprised. They'll be, "Ah, another one." That said, having visited K yesterday and saw no copies of FFXIII (PS3) or Bayonetta (360) in either the shelves or the small box of new shipments that was laying unattended on the floor, its hard to imagine driving 30 minutes over to K again and wait 20 minutes again for someone to show up to help me.

I do hope you continue working on this. I like your initiative. I just can't seem to get the execution from my local store. Greensboro, NC, anyway.

The thing that gets me is just like someone earlier said to my experience yesterday: if you leave angrier than when you went in, then a store is doing something wrong. Its not like I blame the Electronics girl or anything, she looked overworked, but it sure seems like someone'd be in Electronics all the time, not wandering away for 20-30 minutes. When you add that to the driving time, its not a fun experiment to see if your store is one of those that "got the email" or not.

#1205 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

It's these things that piss off customers. How can you have corporate announce a nationwide sale but have store managers/dept managers /whatever who don't even know about it? I can accept maybe the hourly employees won't be on top of every sale but it's up to the store manager to inform them.

the closest kmart is about 20 miles from here. I wouldn't mind the drive but if I drive all the way there and they tell me FFXIII is $59, I might burn the mother down.

From what I understand it's not simply knowing about the sale, it's that managers need to download that days pricing updates at the beginning of the day for the prices to take effect.

From personal experience, management at the K-Mart store level is painfully ignorant of simple procedures and don't receive proper training, so many managers probably aren't even aware of how to download the pricing updates. It may also be they don't expect Tuesday price updates so simply don't check.

SHC is doing all he can, but like he said earlier, it takes sales like this to work out all the kinks. Hopefully the mistakes the stores are making now will be corrected in the future because now they are being aware.

I was lucky in that my K-Mart had the sales active in the computer at 9 am with a friendly staff who was eager to assist me.

#1206 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:26 PM

This is just not worth the hassle not a Kmart within 20 miles of here and I won't be taking my chances on this. I wish Sears had the deal also they are supposed to be the same store afterall. Sears is only a few miles away. But it seems messed up anyway. I really wanted FF 13 but not like this.

#1207 DoctorArch

DoctorArch

Curmudgeon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:30 PM

Dissapointed at the only Beaverton Oregon store. I came early before work to pick up Bayonetta and FF13 and was told by the lady in electronics that she didn't have a key to the case and I would need to wait for the person who had it to come back from making coffee. I waited a few minutes and headed to customer service to politely request someone with a key. They called electronics and after some discussion, was then asked if this was about the 29.99 video game deal. I confirmed and they said they were still looking into it because they thought it may b a package deal price. They were nice about it and took down my name and number in order to give me a call later. Still disappointing.

#1208 antHraxz

antHraxz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:31 PM

My hometown store; I lived at 18 and Dequindre for a long time. I just sent them a note.

Wow that's amazing! Small world. Thanks SHC.
Posted Image

#1209 autopiloton

autopiloton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

I was set on price matching this at Best Buy since I could get the reward zone points for it, but after reading all of the trouble people were having ordering online when I woke up this morning, I was worried that the customer service guys at Best Buy would have a problem accessing the site and price matching. Furthermore, I have finals this week and graduation this weekend so I didn't want to waste any more time than necessary.

So against my plan, I stopped by K-Mart on the way to campus about an hour ago and there was a really nice employee there. I told him that I saw a sale on the K-Mart blog and he said he would check the prices for me. They had at least four or five copies of all of the games on sale. He scanned :ps3: Final Fantasy XIII and :ps3: Aliens vs Predator for me and both rang up $29.99. I decided against getting :ps3: Modern Warfare 2, :ps3: Bayonetta, and :360: Metro 2033 for now since I probably wouldn't even play them until they were cheaper than $30 anyway. I have no intention of ever getting :ps3: NIER after reading reviews and information about the game online.

When I checked out, he signed me up for the new and free K-Mart/Sears rewards program that gives 1% back. He said the rewards go straight on the card, there were no gift cards involved and that 1% is pretty low but you also get random prizes and it keeps track of all your receipts so you don't have to have them for returns anymore. The receipts bit was good enough for me since I often raid the clearance items there and sometimes return stuff if my friends don't want an extra copy of a game I might have found.

So I paid for the stuff and immediately got a free prize. It was some random makeup stuff. The employee and I joked about why would someone buying Aliens vs. Predator want makeup. Oh well, free is free, and the girlfriend would probably like whatever it is.

Right as I go to leave, the worker remembered that there was some free thing that came with Alien vs. Predator and told me to wait a minute. So he dug in the drawer behind the counter and pulled out a hard-cover collector's edition AVP comic book and gave it to me. He said it was the last one they had. I guess I must have been pretty lucky today, especially after reading about how everyone is having problems at the actual stores.

Thanks for the deal, SHC-Gamer :).

Posted Image
:ps3: :wii: :360: :psp: :ds: :xbox: :ps2: :gc: :pc:

#1210 DoctorArch

DoctorArch

Curmudgeon

• CAGiversary!

3955 Southwest Murray Boulevard
Beaverton‎ OR
United States

#1211 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I just got back from the Oxon Hill Rd store in the People's Republic of Maryland. FF13 for PS3 rang up as $29.99. I had no problems... staff was friendly and helpful, I got in and out fairly quickly... not like any K-Mart I've seen before. I should have thought about going over to MD sooner.

FYI, they had about 6 copies of FF13 for PS3, 9 copies for 360, 1 copy of Bayonetta for 360, and a bunch of copies of Darksiders for 360. There may have been other stuff, I didn't look that closely.

#1212 SV11bucksfan

SV11bucksfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:33 PM

SHC, it would be much appreciated if you could contact this store for me. I know its a probably a pain to contact all of these stores.

Kmart
6077 S Packard Ave
Cudahy, WI 53110

Phone Number:
(414) 769-6560

#1213 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:34 PM

y is mw2 still 59.99 online i want to give kmart.com my money but they do not want it obviously

Edited by bredbu, 04 May 2010 - 03:59 PM.

#1214 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:33 PM

Just seems like you'd save yourself some trouble and email all the stores instead of one by one. Better yet, advise each manager that sales like this are a regular event going forward and to expect updates each week by mass email.

Then when the mass email comes, they won't be surprised. They'll be, "Ah, another one." That said, having visited K yesterday and saw no copies of FFXIII (PS3) or Bayonetta (360) in either the shelves or the small box of new shipments that was laying unattended on the floor, its hard to imagine driving 30 minutes over to K again and wait 20 minutes again for someone to show up to help me.

I do hope you continue working on this. I like your initiative. I just can't seem to get the execution from my local store. Greensboro, NC, anyway.

The thing that gets me is just like someone earlier said to my experience yesterday: if you leave angrier than when you went in, then a store is doing something wrong. Its not like I blame the Electronics girl or anything, she looked overworked, but it sure seems like someone'd be in Electronics all the time, not wandering away for 20-30 minutes. When you add that to the driving time, its not a fun experiment to see if your store is one of those that "got the email" or not.

Just to confirm; communication has been sent to all stores. I am responding on top of that communication.

#1215 Mercenary09

Mercenary09

Hm.. I had no problems at the Kmart (San Leandro, in case anyone wants a heads up for what's in stock) around here. Just didn't have FFXIII in the shelf and picked up Darksiders. The lady said to check in later since they have to put up new items, and it might be available, and she can hold it for me. So a plus.

all PS3:
No FFXIII, but plenty of Darksiders, Nier and Bayonetta from what I saw. Didn't pay much attention to anything else.

#1216 Fadikun

Fadikun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Picked up Final Fantasy and MW2 for PS3 at the K-mart in Coon Rapids, MN (by Northtown) this morning. 29.99 baby! Thanks!

#1217 gtasmy

gtasmy

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:36 PM

i called kmart in NYC and they said it mw2 was on sale but they wouldn't tell me how much it was..... going later to check it out

#1218 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

Just called them, they rang up $59.99 for FFXIII :( Please work your magic! Thank you.

I called the store on this one; they are all set now.

#1219 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:36 PM

You're doing a great job SHC, not only in helping people get copies at their stores but in making me want to go to Kmart a bit more in the future.
Just got back and was surprised that FFXIII rang up, no problem. The guy at the counter confirmed the $30 price and then expressed his dismay that he had just bought a copy somewhere else for $60.

Thanks for the heads up...

#1220 johnmirra

johnmirra

Damn Fine Cup of Coffee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

I called the store on this one; they are all set now.

any way you could follow up on the wilkes barre twp store i actually like the idea of giving kmart my business rather then bestbuy or gamestop
Theres nothing worse then a hot pickle - My Dad

#1221 Lonedragon87

Lonedragon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

SHC, it would be much appreciated if you could contact this store for me. I know its a probably a pain to contact all of these stores.

Kmart
6077 S Packard Ave
Cudahy, WI 53110

Phone Number:
(414) 769-6560

lol that near my hometown live in mn but use to live near there, had to comment :)

#1222 likeme

likeme

LOVE ME SOME RPG

• CAGiversary!

SHC, my wife went to K-mart but they would not give her FFXIII at the sale price. Can you please send them an e-mail thanks.

K-Marr
4141 Martin Way East
Lacey, WA 98516
(360) 456-5572

#1223 gizm092

gizm092

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

22 E Lincoln Blvd
Anaheim CA
714 991 6111

ringing at 59.99.

Thanks SHC

#1224 hanun1002

hanun1002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Amazon PM this? :D I doubt it tho

#1225 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:41 PM

Kmart
6077 S Packard Ave
Cudahy, WI 53110

Phone Number:
(414) 769-6560

No bother; glad to help. Sent them a note.

#1226 The Smilkman

The Smilkman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

FF13 is up on the site for Xbox 360 with the correct sale price, but you need this direct link:
http://www.kmart.com...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

The PS3 version is still gives me an error.

#1227 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:42 PM

SHC, my wife went to K-mart but they would not give her FFXIII at the sale price. Can you please send them an e-mail thanks.

K-Marr
4141 Martin Way East
Lacey, WA 98516
(360) 456-5572

I apologize for the experience; I emailed them right now.

#1228 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Could you send an email to the following Kmart SHC, I'm heading there in an hour and you'll save me wasting my lunch hour ;)

Kmart
600 Macdade BLVD
Holmes, PA 19043
Phone Number:
(610) 522-9220

No Joy at this location SHC, tried Metro 2033, MW2 and AvP (all 360) and they each rang up at $59.99.

Staff were friendly enough though, no complaints there.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#1229 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:43 PM

22 E Lincoln Blvd
Anaheim CA
714 991 6111

ringing at 59.99.

Thanks SHC

Sent them a note now.

#1230 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:44 PM

FF13 is up on the site for Xbox 360 with the correct sale price, but you need this direct link:
http://www.kmart.com...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

The PS3 version is still gives me an error.

Keeps saying out of stock and can't add to cart for the 360 version.