Photo
- - - - -

Nier $45, FFXIII, Bayonetta, AvsP, MW2, Darksiders, Metro 2033 $30 at Kmart 5/4-5/10

• Please log in to reply
2707 replies to this topic

#1681 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:55 PM

SHC- I really hope you succeed. I always root for an underdog and I have fond memories of blue light specials when I was a kid.

I suppose my criticism could be more constructive but I am generally a cranky bastard.

If I were in your shoes, I would go medieval on someone's ass and make sure this doesn't happen again. I'd do this by bitching out (or perhaps in nicer terms... working closely with :) ) some people.

- it's not acceptable for store management not to read your communications. I don't know if you need someone higher up to run interference for you but when you post a major (and these titles are major) deal online, it is completely unacceptable when even store managers don't know about it.

I imagine all the people who went to a store, got denied, and possibly had to go again. That's gas and time wasted. I think a lot of people want you to succeed but not at the expense of their own time. Pricematching at BB and Walmart is pretty easy.

I don't know how you haven't broken a foot yet. As I said before, if people caused me hours of work simply because they can't read a memo, I'd be apoplectic.

- coordinate with your web team. If you're gonna do a major upgrade before I announce a sale, you better make sure the upgrade doesn't have a bunch of bugs in it. And make sure that your checkout system isn't buggy for IE/Firefox/Safari. The fact that it worked only Opera for judo made me laugh.. then cry.

I'd also send a $5 coupon the way of the people who were inconvenienced by rude and uninformed staff. (Of which I was not one since I didn't bother driving the 20 miles yet.) Nobody likes to be treated at a store like they're crazy or they're trying to scam the store.

I have had discussions many people today; this was a good opportunity for team building :)

All of your comments are valid and I agree. I'm not sure I can pull of the coupon deal, but I do like the concept.

I will say though that there are great Kmart store managers and associates out there and I am sure that my team and I can continue to find ways to make it easier for our field teams.

#1682 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:56 PM

Nothing I hate worse than wasting my time on a wild goose chase. I went to the Kmart website. Checked kmart store locator. I call to see if they have metro 2033. they have 1 left I ask him to hold it for me, I drive there and don't see it. I call another store and they say it is a sears grand and kmart combined.

Okay I go in and find the guy ask for metro he scans it 59.99. I explain to him about the sale he goes online and sees the warhammer metro and is confused but cannot pricematch. I ask him to call 2 stores to see if they can run the sku. He calls and i store they hung up on him.

I said why didn't you tell her you are from another store. Anyway he seems scared to ask her to run the sku I got tired and said you know to hell with it. I wasted 1 1/2 hour driving this is bogus and I went home.

My thing is if you can't hang with the big boys don't bother posting deal. I have better things to do than convince an employees of a sale they are suppose to know they have.

They had plenty of time to straighten the priceing/website. IMO

Just venting.

#1683 Sereoul

Sereoul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:58 PM

It's a shame, every Kmart in my area is closed down (I'm not even kidding, no stores within a 45 mile radius), so I have to stick to the site. Ordered Bayonetta and Darksiders, now I just need to wait for more copies of FFXIII for the PS3.
SHC, do you know when (or maybe "if") anymore copies will appear on the site?

#1684 Electro

Electro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:59 PM

I had a really good experience when I went to pick up a copy of FF 13. For anyone else in the area, the store I went to was at 10405 South Eastern Avenue, Henderson NV and they had everything else in stock except Nier. I printed out a screen cap of the blog just in case and I'm glad I did because there was no sale signage and the price was ringing up $59.99. I showed the electronics cashier (who was really helpful) the blog print out and he scanned the game with a hand scanner, he then took me up to the front and had them price adjust to $29.99 for me (I guess they can't do that in the electronics department).

This is my first post on CAG and I only registered to share my experience and say thanks to SHC for letting me know about this great deal. I can't even remember the last time I stepped into a K-Mart but I'll definitely be shopping there more often.

Did they have a lot of ps3 ff13's left? I was planning to head there in about a hour.

SHC can you contact this k mart since the above poster said the items are still ringing up as 59.99

Kmart
10405 S Eastern Aven
Henderson, NV 89052

Phone Number:
(702) 407-9001

#1685 Torusan

Torusan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:00 PM

If you know your local Kmart has a price checker, what you can do is google a game's UPC number and check to see if the sale has taken affect. Simply google along the lines of "FINAL FANTASY XIII PS3 UPC" or whatever game (be specific about the version). Find the UPC number and get a bar code at http://www.upcdataba...om/itemform.asp.

You can simply copy the bar code into paint or something to print out multiple game codes if you're going for more than one game. Also, to double-check that you got the right UPC number you're looking for, simply paste the number in google and search. The game you're wanting should show up on search results if you got the right code. Of course this will require you to actually visit a store, but if the sales aren't tagged at least you don't have to deal with confirming the sale with uninformed employees.

#1686 chrisp450

chrisp450

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:00 PM

I got FFXIII and Bayonetta for the 360 at the store in Uptown/Minneapolis, MN (off Lake St). They had a couple extra copies of each at around 2:00 central. They also had Metro 2033, but I didn't bother checking the price.

Everything went fine, other than waiting 10-20 minutes for help (not because they were busy).

Anyway, good luck to others out there!

#1687 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:01 PM

Nothing I hate worse than wasting my time on a wild goose chase. I went to the Kmart website. Checked kmart store locator. I call to see if they have metro 2033. they have 1 left I ask him to hold it for me, I drive there and don't see it. I call another store and they say it is a sears grand and kmart combined.

Okay I go in and find the guy ask for metro he scans it 59.99. I explain to him about the sale he goes online and sees the warhammer metro and is confused but cannot pricematch. I ask him to call 2 stores to see if they can run the sku. He calls and i store they hung up on him.

I said why didn't you tell her you are from another store. Anyway he seems scared to ask her to run the sku I got tired and said you know to hell with it. I wasted 1 1/2 hour driving this is bogus and I went home.

My thing is if you can't hang with the big boys don't bother posting deal. I have better things to do than convince an employees of a sale they are suppose to know they have.

They had plenty of time to straighten the priceing/website. IMO

Just venting.

This one hurt me, not gonna lie. I sent you a PM, please let me know once you receive it.

#1688 dapunisure

dapunisure

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:03 PM

thanx OP. My gf picked up mw2 for me since she lives 2 mins frm kmart. She said there was stil tons of copy in the mart in mission,tx.

#1689 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:03 PM

Did they have a lot of ps3 ff13's left? I was planning to head there in about a hour.

SHC can you contact this k mart since the above poster said the items are still ringing up as 59.99

Kmart
10405 S Eastern Aven
Henderson, NV 89052

Phone Number:
(702) 407-9001

SHC Gamer Guy is Calling them right now.

#1690 vikingvessel

vikingvessel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:06 PM

My only request is that one day down the road, when we prove that we can improve the execution, both store and online, that you give us (me) a chance once again to show you that we'll get it right one day.

SHC-Gamer, you are a true warrior.
I have never, seriously, not just hyperbole, witnessed customer support
like this on any level. I hope that folks in the organization are monitoring
exactly what you have going on here. The fact that this experiment
was even allowed to go forward is still hard to believe, even
though I witnessed it firsthand earlier this afternoon.

Hadn't been inside of a Kmart in around ten years.
Stock levels were impressive. After I snagged my three titles,
I was able to confirm every title listed on all formats.
I was concerned going in that METRO 2033 might be the dark horse.
Prices were already in the system. Only thing that could have
made it easier was if I had my own key to the showcase.
I also appreciated hearing "thank you for shopping at Kmart" three times.
It's the little things. Not just the money things.

When I saw one poster asking you to contact their branch in advance,
and then another, I was wondering if you would have to pull it back a step and draw the line.
And then you agreed. Madness! Your hands are mighty full,
though you are obviously up for the challenge.

Glad to see that the folks crying about the falling sky 75min into the
sale didn't deter you. May they be half as embarrassed for their
spoiled/entitled/jumping the gun behavior as I was/am for them.

#1691 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:06 PM

I had the same problem today i was a sucker and got up early for when the store opens. There was a big line in my local one which i expected for such a sale. I got pushed and rammed while trying to get in and we all find out the dang price was not right. I will never go to kmart again even for a sale like this. I wanted to play FFXIII today so i did not bother with the website. I tried all day after i got home trying to order it online with no luck. I also rember the blue light specials and as a kid the store rocked. Then came adulthood and wow you really start to wonder why you ever loved the store. They had so much bad luck for so long and to high prices for the longest time now something like this will put another nail into the coffin. I like the store do not get me wrong but man i never had good luck there. The people usually working there are rude and have no clue what is going on. Then the high prices on most stuff keeps me away to.

#1692 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:07 PM

SUCCESS!!

Looks like Metro 2033 is finally updated on the website. Just add to your cart and you should see the updated price.

http://www.kmart.com...8V001850212000P

#1693 Tautou

Tautou

Yeah, I didn't count but it looked like there was 6 or 7 still in the case.

#1694 estofan

estofan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Sorry, so there are two reps here now? SHC-Gamer and SHC Gamer Guy? Wow... I thought they were the same person.

#1695 Dajinn

Dajinn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:09 PM

Can someone freakin' comment on past experiences with K-mart shipping and how fast we can assume we will get our games with the basic shipping? I don't mind 5-7 days, but not getting the game til 5/14 is a real drag!

#1696 Dysheekie

Dysheekie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:09 PM

I already posted earlier about how I got my game with no problems, but I forgot to give SHC-Gamer props. Definitely a cool thing that he's doing here - especially following up with everyone to make sure we're taken care of. It would be nice if other retailers had a rep like this. Anyway, nice work and I will definitely be checking Kmart for future deals.
Posted Image

#1697 BL Game Hunter

BL Game Hunter

Big Lots Official Rep

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:11 PM

Kmart
10405 S Eastern Aven
Henderson, NV 89052

Phone Number:
(702) 407-9001

Just got off the phone with the Eastern Ave store in Henderson - their manager let me know they are downloaded and signed. Thanks for your patience.

#1698 Electro

Electro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:13 PM

Just got off the phone with the Eastern Ave store in Henderson - their manager let me know they are downloaded and signed. Thanks for your patience.

Amazing! :) thanks guys

#1699 The Stuff

The Stuff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:14 PM

A friend of mine in Savannah, GA went to K-Mart today and got a copy of MW2 for the sale price! He said they were super friendly and knew all about it!

#1700 scott123456

scott123456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:13 PM

Portsmouth, NH Update
SHC Game Guy said he contacted my store about 40 minutes ago. well, i decided to drive by it since im 3 minutes away. Not 15 minutes after the blog post about contacting the store the system was updated. got my FF XIII for ps3 for 29.99. All i coud here after i asked for the manager was them running around blurbing "we got an email". I was laughing inside. Im telling you this is a true story that just happened in teh past 1/2 hour. I was so excited it rang up correctly. WOOT. SHC Game Guy U ROCK

#1701 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Sorry, so there are two reps here now? SHC-Gamer and SHC Gamer Guy? Wow... I thought they were the same person.

It is possible that they are and that SHC-Gamer has blown a circuit and is the leader of project mayhem.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1702 warmsignal

warmsignal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Went in early this morning, they had plenty each of these titles. Rang up for 29.99. Picked up FFXIII and Bayonetta :360: . Amazingly it all worked out well, except for the fact that the Sears/Kmart Associate discount card does not apply, because the items are on sale. Oh well.

Thanks SHC, for these great deals!

#1703 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:15 PM

It is possible that they are and that SHC-Gamer has blown a circuit and is the leader of project mayhem.

You are on to me :)

#1704 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:16 PM

Portsmouth, NH Update
SHC Game Guy said he contacted my store about 40 minutes ago. well, i decided to drive by it since im 3 minutes away. Not 15 minutes after the blog post about contacting the store the system was updated. got my FF XIII for ps3 for 29.99. All i coud here after i asked for the manager was them running around blurbing "we got an email". I was laughing inside. Im telling you this is a true story that just happened in teh past 1/2 hour. I was so excited it rang up correctly. WOOT. SHC Game Guy U ROCK

Chicka chicka :)

#1705 BL Game Hunter

BL Game Hunter

Big Lots Official Rep

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:17 PM

SUCCESS!!

Looks like Metro 2033 is finally updated on the website. Just add to your cart and you should see the updated price.

http://www.kmart.com...8V001850212000P

It looks like it is loaded behind the cart. It shows as 59.99 but when you add it to the cart, you should see a $30 reduction to net it to $29.99.

#1706 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:16 PM

SHC Gamer Guy works for me as one of my associate buyers. I had to enroll another person in this endeavor!

#1707 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:21 PM

I had the same problem today i was a sucker and got up early for when the store opens. There was a big line in my local one which i expected for such a sale. I got pushed and rammed while trying to get in and we all find out the dang price was not right. I will never go to kmart again even for a sale like this. I wanted to play FFXIII today so i did not bother with the website. I tried all day after i got home trying to order it online with no luck. I also rember the blue light specials and as a kid the store rocked. Then came adulthood and wow you really start to wonder why you ever loved the store. They had so much bad luck for so long and to high prices for the longest time now something like this will put another nail into the coffin. I like the store do not get me wrong but man i never had good luck there. The people usually working there are rude and have no clue what is going on. Then the high prices on most stuff keeps me away to.

I understand and apologize for this experience. It was never my intention that you would have to go through this.

It's up to you, but please provide the store number so I can have this issue addressed.

#1708 texasmonky

texasmonky

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:23 PM

Hey SHC, just wanted to let you know that I got my copy of MW2 and had no problems getting the price on it. Thanks you for all the work you are doing and I will definitely think of K-Mart in the future when I make purchases.

#1709 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:28 PM

If there is a kind soul out there that could help us out; we are trying to research this issue if possible in greater detail. My online team has asked me these questions:

1. Did they push the paypal button on the shopping cart (before entering shipping address) or after the shipping address on the billing page?
2. Were they going through checkout as a guest shopper or do they have a kmart.com account?
3. Have they recently changed their source of funding (credit card or checking account) with PayPal?
4. What browser are they using?
5. Are they trying to buy anything else or just the game?

#1710 scuttleybuffalo

scuttleybuffalo

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:30 PM

omfg they freakin sold out