Photo
- - - - -

Nier $45, FFXIII, Bayonetta, AvsP, MW2, Darksiders, Metro 2033 $30 at Kmart 5/4-5/10

• Please log in to reply
2707 replies to this topic

#1741 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:33 AM

I went to Sears but they won't let me pricematch even Kmart was owned by Sears.

#1742 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:36 AM

Sadly my uncle couldn't find any Final Fantasy XIII copy in his area (Fremont, CA). He decided to buy something else in Amazon. :/

#1743 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:45 AM

Sale is getting more exposure -

http://www.joystiq.c...more-for-30-ea/

Too bad Joystiq doesn't give credit where credit is due, but whatever.

#1744 gtasmy

gtasmy

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:45 AM

Just got back from Broadway Kmart in NYC and they have 4 - 5 MW2 for PS3 and 360, no FFXIII, like 5 AvP for 360 only, did not see Bayonetta (but I didn't look for it eaither lol), Plenty of Metro 2033, Nier and Darksiders

#1745 gtasmy

gtasmy

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:47 AM

I already bought my MW2 and FFXIII for PS3 online earlier!! and I forgot to put in the $5 off $50 coupon; I chatted with customer service and they are going to refund me $5 so that basically takes care of the tax and shipping is only $0.99 each!

#1746 io

io

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:49 AM

Wow, so this thread has 88+ pages and people are talking about there being lines there in the AM? I didn't think this would be such a big deal. Anyways, congrats to those who go what they wanted (no way am I reading all this to see all the stories but it seems some people had success and others not).

#1747 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:50 AM

I picked up FFXIII earlier in the day and had no problem getting the sale price.

Thanks SHC.

#1748 graf1k

graf1k

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:51 AM

I assume there is still some trouble with FFXIII for 360? The page says it's in stock and ready for shipping but when I try to add it to the cart, it says it can't add it to cart because it's out of stock.

#1749 popps

popps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:50 AM

picked up the last copy at my local k-mart. i was surprised that the CSR actually held the game for me until i got there. i'm in amazement right now seeing the turn around in customer support. i mean, with SHC Game Guy and Gamer, the video game blog, and the floor CSRs.

this was the first time in a loooooooooonngg time i set foot into a kmart and surprisingly it was a pleasant experience!

#1750 EarthKing

EarthKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:08 AM

Thank you SHC-Gamer!!! I picked up the last copy of FF XIII PS3 at 35th ave and greenway (Phoenix, AZ). I had absolutely no problem with the transaction....Well, only one problem they had 3 copies in the morning, I asked the associate to hold 2 (for me and my cousin). But that employee put it back on the shelf a hour later (I told her that I would be there are 7 and she said that she'll hold it for me until then, but nope she put both of them back on the shelf :bomb::bomb:...Oh well I got the last copy) Other than the poor customer service, the transaction went pretty good. Thanx again SHC-Gamer for the heads up and hope to do more business with kmart in the future :D.
Posted Image

#1751 ferbran

ferbran

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:07 AM

Hello CAG members, this is first post and I'd like to share my experience with Kmart in Los Angeles located next to grove mall on 3rd St.

I went to there to get MW2, but price came out as 59.99. I asked lady about the deal. She was really reluctant to give me the deal, saying things like I need this coupon/printout to get it. After few arguments she ended up calling manager and I finally got the discount. He was grumbling how it's mere blog post and they were trying to find out who did it... bleh..

I felt that I should have just gone to BB and make them to PM the deal at that point but I got it anyhow, so I'm happy.

They still had 4-5 copies for ff13 for xbox and ps3 left on the shelves so if any of locals are interested, you should check it out. and bring blog printout as it will make your life easier trying to get deal.

Thanks SHC guy for deal. I almost bought used MW2 for much more if it wasn't for this.

#1752 ferbran

ferbran

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:12 AM

Hello CAG members, this is first post and I'd like to share my experience with Kmart in Los Angeles, CA located next to grove mall on 3rd St.

I went to there to get MW2, but price came out as 59.99. I asked lady about the deal. She was really reluctant to give me the deal, saying things like I need this coupon/printout to get it. After few arguments she ended up calling manager and I finally got the discount. He was grumbling how it's mere blog post and they were trying to find out who did it... bleh..

I felt that I should have just gone to BB and make them to PM the deal at that point but I got it anyhow, so I'm happy.

They still had 4-5 copies for ff13 for xbox and ps3 left on the shelves so if any of locals are interested, you should check it out. and bring blog printout as it will make your life easier trying to get deal.

Thanks SHC guy for deal. I almost bought used MW2 for much more if it wasn't for this.

#1753 thecrazyhorse13

thecrazyhorse13

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:14 AM

Pensacola Nine Mile Kmart did not have sale prices up. Will try again tomorrow and if it doesnt work try the other location that worked for ROF.

#1754 thrasher086

thrasher086

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:18 AM

I was all ready to order FFXIII for PS3 and Metro 2033. Was able to add both to the cart and once I clicked the checkout it says there is a problem with FFXIII and it cannot be shipped! I am assuming it is somehow OOS? So close!!!

#1755 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:19 AM

MW2 360 out of stock on the site i just wanted to let people know. I am waiting for them to add more i forgot to click submit i was side tracked. :)

EDIT: It does allow adding to cart but can not checkout. It says out of stock when you try.

#1756 Debo42000

Debo42000

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:31 AM

Any CAG's in Garden Grove, Kmart on Euclid/Katella had FFXIII, MW2 and Bayonetta for 360. Sale prices rang up just fine. Had to drive to Long Beach for Darksiders, and still can't find Nier anywhere....

#1757 kf99

kf99

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:33 AM

SHC, from what I can tell there isn't any place for someone to check their order status on the normal website if they did not order with an account. I actually have an account, but didn't login when I bought the games with my iPhone. Now there's no way for me to check the status on the normal site.

I can check the status on the mobile site by proving my email and order #, but the order status page appears to be not work correctly on there as well. I ordered two games (MW2 and FF XIII), however the order status page only shows one of the items. It seems to randomly switch as to which item it will show as being in the order.

#1758 One4Deuce

One4Deuce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:34 AM

Anyone able to get the KMART5OFF50 coupon code to work? If I could get it to work that would push me over the top and I'd go for it.

#1759 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Final Fantasy XIII just shipped via UPS and will get to me in 2 days. SHC you are the man.

#1760 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Oh Bully, I called both Kmarts within 20 miles of me and neither has :360: MW2 in stock so I was hoping for online. Guess I can check back every day. In the meantime...Bayonetta should be a hoot.

#1761 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:34 AM

SHC, from what I can tell there isn't any place for someone to check their order status on the normal website if they did not order with an account. I actually have an account, but didn't login when I bought the games with my iPhone. Now there's no way for me to check the status on the normal site.

I can check the status on the mobile site by proving my email and order #, but the order status page appears to be not work correctly on there as well. I ordered two games (MW2 and FF XIII), however the order status page only shows one of the items. It seems to randomly switch as to which item it will show as being in the order.

just go to kmart.com and from that page you can check your order by using your email address and order number.

#1762 namepl

namepl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:40 AM

So I had FFXIII (PS3) sitting in my cart for a while, and on a lark I decided to try checking out again just now. This time it went through! Had to log out and re-login because it had trouble recognizing I was logging in through Google.
Still, it worked and I just got the confirmation in my email a minute later.

#1763 Acention1

Acention1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:40 AM

Like a few others in the thread this will be my first post. I want to thank SHC for the great deals and stellar support, something you don't see all that often anymore.

I ordered FFXIII online at around 12:30 am EST and had no problems. I just received an e-mail saying it has shipped. This was a great deal, even with some of the problems that people are still experiencing. Hopefully SHC will get all the problems ironed out and enough people will take advantage of the deal that he is able to continue to offer these same kinds of deals in the future.

#1764 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:41 AM

Wow, just got a shipping email for FF13 PS3 in my inbox.

Even shipped with UPS, really liking Kmart at the moment.

#1765 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:42 AM

Thank you SHC-Gamer!!! I picked up the last copy of FF XIII PS3 at 35th ave and greenway (Phoenix, AZ). I had absolutely no problem with the transaction....Well, only one problem they had 3 copies in the morning, I asked the associate to hold 2 (for me and my cousin). But that employee put it back on the shelf a hour later (I told her that I would be there are 7 and she said that she'll hold it for me until then, but nope she put both of them back on the shelf :bomb::bomb:...Oh well I got the last copy) Other than the poor customer service, the transaction went pretty good. Thanx again SHC-Gamer for the heads up and hope to do more business with kmart in the future :D.

Poor customer service because they wouldn't hold a game for you? Seriously? So they lose out on a potential sale because it's inconvenient for you to get there right this minute and expect them to hold it for you and it's their fault and bad customer service?:roll:

I suppose next you'll go onto The Consumerist to blog about your "horrible experience" and how you should be compensated like all the other crybabies who bitch about nothing good on there?

This is a hell of a sale and if I had any interest in any of the titles I'd gladly grab up one or more of them, but the only one that interests me from this sale is Darksiders but I just picked that up for $15 last week from a closing HWV store.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1766 headbanger1186

headbanger1186

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:43 AM

The electronic's cashier argued with me that it wasn't on sale, it had 59.99 on the case and insisted i check my sources. He gave me a long winded explanation that if such a sale existed, they would have been notified to promote it. The look on his face when he rung up Bayonetta and FF13 for 29.99 a piece was priceless lol

#1767 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:44 AM

Just got notice that my item shipped, and I will have it tomorrow! Talk about awesome! ^_^

#1768 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:44 AM

My copy won't come in until the 11th since it shipped from NY to CA, but super fast getting the order out.

#1769 headbanger1186

headbanger1186

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:46 AM

I mean when you think about it, there is no way they are even breaking even with ff 13 and MW2 at half price, and especially NEIR a week old being offered at 44.99, either way i was quick to grab this deal. I'm a proud cheap ass gamer yay!

#1770 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:47 AM

Poor customer service because they wouldn't hold a game for you? Seriously? So they lose out on a potential sale because it's inconvenient for you to get there right this minute and expect them to hold it for you and it's their fault and bad customer service?:roll:

I suppose next you'll go onto The Consumerist to blog about your "horrible experience" and how you should be compensated like all the other crybabies who bitch about nothing good on there?

This is a hell of a sale and if I had any interest in any of the titles I'd gladly grab up one or more of them, but the only one that interests me from this sale is Darksiders but I just picked that up for $15 last week from a closing HWV store.

I don't think it's helpful to be so hostile and antagonistic. Ad hominem attacks are counter-productive and help no one.

My guess is s/he was upset that the employee agreed to hold them, and didn't do so. I don't think s/he is planning on suing Kmart or anything, just that the employee didn't do his/her job. If a store is going to have a policy of holding merchandise for customers, and the employee states that s/he will do so, it's reasonable to expect him/her to do so.