Photo
- - - - -

Nier $45, FFXIII, Bayonetta, AvsP, MW2, Darksiders, Metro 2033 $30 at Kmart 5/4-5/10

• Please log in to reply
2707 replies to this topic

#1771 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:48 AM

The electronic's cashier argued with me that it wasn't on sale, it had 59.99 on the case and insisted i check my sources. He gave me a long winded explanation that if such a sale existed, they would have been notified to promote it. The look on his face when he rung up Bayonetta and FF13 for 29.99 a piece was priceless lol

hehehehe. Did you say anything? I wouldn't have been able to resist at least a smirk.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1772 SV11bucksfan

SV11bucksfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:48 AM

Thank You SHC!!! I bought MW2 at my local Target and they were just putting up the price tags of $29.99 for MW2 when I got there. I guess they got your note that you sent them. You are probably one the hardest working K-Mart employee in the world. Thanks again :)

#1773 judgedee

judgedee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:49 AM

Wow order shipped already. Too bad its coming from NY

#1774 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:49 AM

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']If there is a kind soul out there that could help us out; we are trying to research this issue if possible in greater detail. My online team has asked me these questions:

1. Paypal right away, no shipping address entered, paypal does it.
2. guest shopper.
3. not recently changed their source of funding
4. IE8
5. Only FF13

Looks like it all went through.

#1775 Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:55 AM

Big ups to SHC.

FFXIII rang with no problem. Last 1 too. Didn't have any of the other titles at my Kmart for 360 and only a sole Bayonetta for the PS3.

Yannie+Boy.png

fs_lastplayed.png

#1776 EarthKing

EarthKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:56 AM

Poor customer service because they wouldn't hold a game for you? Seriously? So they lose out on a potential sale because it's inconvenient for you to get there right this minute and expect them to hold it for you and it's their fault and bad customer service?:roll:

I suppose next you'll go onto The Consumerist to blog about your "horrible experience" and how you should be compensated like all the other crybabies who bitch about nothing good on there?

This is a hell of a sale and if I had any interest in any of the titles I'd gladly grab up one or more of them, but the only one that interests me from this sale is Darksiders but I just picked that up for $15 last week from a closing HWV store.

No, poor customer service because I left all my information with them and told them about I have school all day and couldn't get there...They understood told me they will hold it for me until store close...I call them a few hours later and they told me they put it back...So the second employee I told actually held the game for me unfortunately there was only one more left so I got that one...I live 45 miles away from that store and that's the store thats in the ghetto part of phoenix (yes it is ghetto I used to live near that kmart). Plus what the hell is "The Consumerist" anyway? I don't normally bitch about anything but I don't have that kind of time to waste...I should've price matched with best buy since there are 4 BB near me and 1 Kmart about 50 minute drive. Sorry I don't have that kind time like you. Plus if you read my original post, you'll see that I mentioned nothing about being compensated. I work at retail too and I know how customers get pissed off when they go to the store expecting something to reserved for them and then finding out they were put back on the shelf...I've been through it a dozen times (but the only difference is the stores that did that to me had more than 3 copies instock). That's why I try my hardest to make sure the customer gets what they want and I ensure my coworkers know what I'm doing at all time...I wasn't saying that is was her that put back those copies, but it's damn frustrating to be driving about an hour only to realize that it was gone...That's why I called again just incase.

Edited by EarthKing, 05 May 2010 - 02:16 AM.

Posted Image

#1777 LaraCroftsLeftBoob

LaraCroftsLeftBoob

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

i'll admit, i have very little faith in kmart anymore. i used to work at the local store about 12 years ago. i lost faith in them then, and it's only went downhill from there. i was put in produce because my previous job involved stocking a salad bar at a restaurant. "at least you know what lettuce looks like" was what their reasoning.
they asked me if i wanted to be the produce mgr after only working there about 6 months. (and it wasn't because i was a stellar employee either.)
i was hired as a part time employee, but they would always work me 40 hours a week, and make me keep signing a paper saying i understood that even though i was working 40 hours a week i was considered part time and wouldn't get any benefits. then they hired another employee in the same dept as me and gave him full time with benefits. (because he was one of the grocery mgrs son)
every time i've gone there to shop since then it seems they have continued the downhill slide. out of sale items on the first day of the sale, employees who don't know anything, horrible customer service, having to spend 5-10 minutes hunting down an employee whenever i needed help, having to have someone paged multiple times to the electronics dept when i want a game, horribly slow checkout lines (even with only 2-3 people in front of me.) etc, etc, etc.

Kmart
1249 North High ST
Hillsboro, OH 45133

Phone Number:
(937) 393-8323

so i'm going pre-emptive here and assuming they aren't going to know about the sale either. i'm not going to go there tommorow only to be told they know nothing about the sale, argue with them, come back home, post here, wait, and make a 2nd trip to the store. so i'm posting the nearest store now, if they don't have the right price when i go tommorow, i'll just wait til it drops somewhere else and get it then and add this to the list of reasons to avoid kmart in the future.
What good is money if you can't inspire terror in your fellow man?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1778 oakafanforlife

oakafanforlife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Thanks SHC! I was able to pick up Nier, Bayonetta and Darksiders for the sale price. They even had all of them labeled with a sale sticker on the rack. Awesome deals and I look forward to spending more money at K-Mart
Posted Image

#1779 abilyk

abilyk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:58 AM

Everything went smoothly at the 2 south end Kmarts in Springfield, MO. One had signage, the other didn't. But at both, things rang up correctly, and between the two of them they had all titles in stock. Thanks a bunch, OP.

#1780 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:59 AM

Wow, just got a shipping email for FF13 PS3 in my inbox.

Even shipped with UPS, really liking Kmart at the moment.

Ditto. Amazing price and blazing fast shipping. Way to go Kmart!

#1781 Chinese_cuisine

Chinese_cuisine

Dim Sum Yum Yum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:59 AM

man I'm pissed. went to 3 K Marts hoping to pick up Nier on X360 and Final Fantasy XIII on PS3. Went there at opening and they didn't even have the game in stock to begin with. went to the next one two cities down and same story. -.-; third one didn't even have anybody at the electronics. -.-;

#1782 gotwood

gotwood

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:00 AM

I went to my local Kmart and low and behold there were three copies of Final Fantasy 13, but no sale price. But there was a sale on ODST for 29.99 to bad I all ready have that. I went to the front of the store and look at all of the fliers and still nothing about FF13 being on sale, only ODST.

I knew better to ask about a price check on the game too. Because the last time I went to the store for a deal that I heard on CAG the game was still listed as the stock price for a new game. I told the lady that there was a sell going on the internet for the game, but I had no proof of the sale. So no go for me.

Why these bogus post about games being on sale instore and on line. When clearly there was no sale at all INSTORE for the game. I feel let down as a consumer. Very bad marketing if you ask me.

#1783 slfc

slfc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:01 AM

No problems at all at my local Kmart. The sales tags were up, cases were well-organized, got FF13 for $30 and DQ V while I was there so maybe they made a little bit of money off me. I miss the Kmart of old. The place used to be so much busier. Pre-Walmart I suppose.

#1784 roguejedi5

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:05 AM

I hit up 2 Kmarts with a buddy today, got MW2 & bayonetta at one. But had to go to another to pick up the last copies of FF13. If only the 1st store had more than 6 copies of each game i wouldn't have to go to the other one. But at least i'm happy that i got all the ones i wanted.
And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge... Me. --- Bruce Wayne

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. --- Ferris Bueller

#1785 thrasher086

thrasher086

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:05 AM

I went to my local Kmart and low and behold there were three copies of Final Fantasy 13, but no sale price. But there was a sale on ODST for 29.99 to bad I all ready have that. I went to the front of the store and look at all of the fliers and still nothing about FF13 being on sale, only ODST.

I knew better to ask about a price check on the game too. Because the last time I went to the store for a deal that I heard on CAG the game was still listed as the stock price for a new game. I told the lady that there was a sell going on the internet for the game, but I had no proof of the sale. So no go for me.

Why these bogus post about games being on sale instore and on line. When clearly there was no sale at all INSTORE for the game. I feel let down as a consumer. Very bad marketing if you ask me.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic? If not then get ready for the flame fest......

#1786 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:06 AM

What the hell...

#1787 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:07 AM

All these people who got shipping notice, dod you use paypal? How early did you order? Mines not shipped and I used paypal.

#1788 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:09 AM

FFXIII is back in stock. Just ordered with 2-5% BCB!

#1789 strobe32

strobe32

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:09 AM

I was finally able to get the Kmart site to work by using IE 8 and by clicking on a direct link to FF 13 I found on another site. After that I was then able to check out successfully using paypal... no other issues aside from not being able to get the site to work all day long.
Thanks to SHC Gamer for being so dedicated to this effort; I'm sure he didn't expect the fallout to be so huge! Hopefully his blog will continue to grow in popularity so that these types of deals can be justified.

#1790 Plastique

Plastique

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:11 AM

Maybe you should've actually read the blog and this thread and noticed that this sale wasn't posted in the flier. I suggest you send a message to the original poster and have him work out the deal for you. He's been great with other gamers and has gone so far as to contact specific stores to place holds for many CAG's.

As far as the marketing side goes, it's fantastic marketing. It's just poor execution. You can't fault SHC-gamer for doing his job. You have to fault the individual locations for not following through on what was probably sent to them a week ago and ignored.

#1791 slfc

slfc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:11 AM

No, poor customer service because I left all my information with them and told them about I have school all day and couldn't get there...They understood told me they will hold it for me until store close...I call them a few hours later and they told me they put it back...So the second employee I told actually held the game for me unfortunately there was only one more left so I got that one...I live 45 miles away from that store and that's the store thats in the ghetto part of phoenix (yes it is ghetto I used to live near that kmart). Plus what the hell is "The Consumerist" anyway? I don't normally bitch about anything but I don't have that kind of time to waste...I should've price matched with best buy since there are 4 BB near me and 1 Kmart about 50 minute drive. Sorry I don't have that kind time like you.

They have people there in person with real money ready to buy and they're supposed to tell them they're holding them for someone who is not there, someone who may or may not show up at all? Get real. I'm surprised they agreed to it in the first place, they shouldn't have. Actual customers normally take priority over people calling the store.

#1792 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:12 AM

Darn I could not get it to work through bing, when I tried it said not such item at Kmart grrr. At least I got it through link here.

#1793 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:13 AM

All these people who got shipping notice, dod you use paypal? How early did you order? Mines not shipped and I used paypal.

I ordered around noon EDT, paid by credit card, and got shipping notice at 9:30 PM. I'm so used to amazon taking their merry old time with FSSS, that I was really caught off guard. :)

#1794 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:13 AM

If there is a kind soul out there that could help us out; we are trying to research this issue if possible in greater detail. My online team has asked me these questions:

1. Did they push the paypal button on the shopping cart (before entering shipping address) or after the shipping address on the billing page?
2. Were they going through checkout as a guest shopper or do they have a kmart.com account?
3. Have they recently changed their source of funding (credit card or checking account) with PayPal?
4. What browser are they using?
5. Are they trying to buy anything else or just the game?

1. Pushed it as soon as possible, so before the shipping info was available to add. Shouldn't be a problem since Paypal provides it, and my address was listed on the order info on the site so they definitely had it
2. Guest Shopper
3. No
4. Firefox
5. Only FFXIII

#1795 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:12 AM

Well after giving up trying to order from the website, I went to the Woodbridge VA store. The game case was a complete mess, with mostly older games. The store is in kinda a depressed area so I wasn't too surprised with the lack of selection, but basically they had nothing that was on sale except Modern Warfare 2 for PS3.

I asked the lady throwing DVDs on shelves (literally throwing) if they had any copies of Final Fantasy 13 for the PS3 instock. She told me they didn't have any, she had looked for a customer earlier in the day.

#1796 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:16 AM

In for 1. Bring on Metro 2033 for Windows and I'll buy more!

#1797 EarthKing

EarthKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:18 AM

They have people there in person with real money ready to buy and they're supposed to tell them they're holding them for someone who is not there, someone who may or may not show up at all? Get real. I'm surprised they agreed to it in the first place, they shouldn't have. Actual customers normally take priority over people calling the store.

Hey that was a little rant...I got my copy and that's all that matters. I'm greatful for the deal!
Posted Image

#1798 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:17 AM

Unbelievably I was just able to check out with a PS3 copy of FF13!

Sweet success!

#1799 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:23 AM

I don't think it's helpful to be so hostile and antagonistic. Ad hominem attacks are counter-productive and help no one.

My guess is s/he was upset that the employee agreed to hold them, and didn't do so. I don't think s/he is planning on suing Kmart or anything, just that the employee didn't do his/her job. If a store is going to have a policy of holding merchandise for customers, and the employee states that s/he will do so, it's reasonable to expect him/her to do so.

The employees job is to sell the merchandise to whoever comes in and grabs it FIRST, not hold it for someone who may or may not actually come in for it. What if another shopper came in looking for the game while the employee(s) agreed to hold copies for someone? They just lost a sale and that person may go to another store to price match the sale rather than going to another Kmart.

Sales are first come, first served. You can't make it there till the Thursday after next? Oh well. I guess you didn't need that game anyway.

No, poor customer service because I left all my information with them and told them about I have school all day and couldn't get there...They understood told me they will hold it for me until store close...I call them a few hours later and they told me they put it back...So the second employee I told actually held the game for me unfortunately there was only one more left so I got that one...I live 45 miles away from that store and that's the store thats in the ghetto part of phoenix (yes it is ghetto I used to live near that kmart). Plus what the hell is "The Consumerist" anyway? I don't normally bitch about anything but I don't have that kind of time to waste...I should've price matched with best buy since there are 4 BB near me and 1 Kmart about 50 minute drive. Sorry I don't have that kind time like you.

You know there's this incredible invention called THE INTERNET. Many stores have websites that you could order sale items off of. Amazing no? The sale is available online and in store. If it was such a hassle and drive to go to the store, why not pay the .99 shipping SHC-Gamer said would be available for this deal and save yourself the aggravation of someone giving you 'poor customer service' by actually getting the store a sale(aka the whole point of a retail store) even if it wasn't to you and just order it online and be done with it?

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1800 EarthKing

EarthKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:25 AM

You know there's this incredible invention called THE INTERNET. Many stores have websites that you could order sale items off of. Amazing no? The sale is available online and in store. If it was such a hassle and drive to go to the store, why not pay the .99 shipping SHC-Gamer said would be available for this deal and save yourself the aggravation of someone giving you 'poor customer service' by actually getting the store a sale(aka the whole point of a retail store) even if it wasn't to you and just order it online and be done with it?

Tried that...It was OOS. Oh well...I don't care anymore...I still have the game and that's all that matters. Oh well maybe I'll have better luck next time. It's not that I'm ungrateful. It was I almost got into a car accident on the way to school this morning that's been working my nerves ever since. Sorry if I sounded ungrateful but I am grateful for the deal...It was worth the drive over there.
Posted Image