Photo
- - - - -

Nier $45, FFXIII, Bayonetta, AvsP, MW2, Darksiders, Metro 2033 $30 at Kmart 5/4-5/10

• Please log in to reply
2707 replies to this topic

#1951 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:27 PM

this is awesome! Anyone played aliens vs. pred? any good especially at this price?
:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#1952 autopiloton

autopiloton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:28 PM

It's already on a lot of people's GOTY lists.

Assuming you're talking about Bayonetta, I'd like to know who you're talking about.

There's some decent competition already and there's even more on the way.

I wouldn't even put Bayonetta in the running for the award, curious who would.
:ps3: :wii: :360: :psp: :ds: :xbox: :ps2: :gc: :pc:

#1953 BmBoWnZ

BmBoWnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

I apologize on the delay, we are still working on an update;

Here is the deal, there are a few orders that have been put in the system that are definitely not customers (30+ units), but resellers who have purchased the majority of our stock.

We are looking into the validity of these purchases and if we do not feel they are to the benefit of this community I will cancel them in order for indviduals/fans of the game to get there hands on them.

I'm not in the business of just selling goods to distribution, this is for the fans if anyone is reading.

Wow. That's sweet

Posted Image

#1954 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:28 PM

Hey guys, I called my local Kmart and they said they only honor it if I bring in an ad, except I don't receive kmart's weekly ads and not only that, but I looked up the ad online and the 29.99 sale is nowhere to be found. Any suggestions?

Kmart
6310 W 3RD Street
Los Angeles, CA 90036

(323) 933-7306

Contacting them now. Thank you for the note.

#1955 gtasmy

gtasmy

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

Is there anyway to find out if the store in this location (10501 Pines Blvd Pembroke Pines, FL 33026 (954) 438-8822) have any of these still in stock? I'm interested in either FFXIII or AvP. Thanks in advance.

You could try calling.... that's what I did with my NYC branch and they gave me a pretty accurate number ....which i saw when i got there later that day...yesterday lol :)

#1956 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:31 PM

Hey guys, I called my local Kmart and they said they only honor it if I bring in an ad, except I don't receive kmart's weekly ads and not only that, but I looked up the ad online and the 29.99 sale is nowhere to be found. Any suggestions?

Kmart
6310 W 3RD Street
Los Angeles, CA 90036

(323) 933-7306

its not in the ad its on the kmart blog
http://blogs.mykmart.com/games/

#1957 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:35 PM

the ps3 version of aliens vs. pred is not on the site

#1958 ns27

ns27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

its not in the ad its on the kmart blog
http://blogs.mykmart.com/games/

So if I bring in the blog, will they validate it?

#1959 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

the ps3 version of aliens vs. pred is not on the site

Yeah, but I can confirm that the ps3 version is on sale in store.

#1960 redbill

redbill

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

So if a "Sears Essential K-Mart" shows up under the store locator on the site, does that mean that this price reflect in that store? I know Sears Essential are completely different from K-Mart, but this seems to be the only SE Store that shows up under K-Mart's store locator.

No, I tried one yesterday before I ordered online. Its basically a Sears with a Kmart pharmacy. Don't waste your time.

#1961 VideoGamesIzFun

VideoGamesIzFun

Legalize it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:48 PM

I apologize on the delay, we are still working on an update;

Here is the deal, there are a few orders that have been put in the system that are definitely not customers (30+ units), but resellers who have purchased the majority of our stock.

We are looking into the validity of these purchases and if we do not feel they are to the benefit of this community I will cancel them in order for indviduals/fans of the game to get there hands on them.

I'm not in the business of just selling goods to distribution, this is for the fans if anyone is reading.

I agree with the limit. That is bullshit, el hoardo buying 30+ copies of the game. Either that or it's small time game shops refilling their stock but either way I agree with the limit of 2 OF THE SAME COPY per household. 2 games means we can't buy 1 of each. Maybe make it 3 because that way if I wanted I could buy one for my friend and my brother... anyway please cancel all those hoardo orders that is just ridiculous.

#1962 RiCeBo1

RiCeBo1

NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:58 PM

I dunno if I should still try for this awesome deal, because it's sold out in stores as well as online :( Rainchecks don't seem to be worth the drive of about 15 miles out for a slip

Posted Image

#1963 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:00 PM

Assuming you're talking about Bayonetta, I'd like to know who you're talking about.

There's some decent competition already and there's even more on the way.

I wouldn't even put Bayonetta in the running for the award, curious who would.

Yes, I was talking about Bayonetta.

IGN was the main name I was referencing. They have said on one of their podcasts that it was good enough to be considered an early GOTY contender. Kinda hard to argue its contender status when the 360 version is sitting on a pretty "90" on Metacritic. I doubt it will win with a ton of potentially-great games that are coming out, but it was highly-praised when it was released.

Edited by BlueSwim, 05 May 2010 - 06:17 PM.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#1964 IronClaw

IronClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:03 PM

Thank you CAG's. Yesterday, despite some of the issues we experienced, witnessed some of the best results we have ever had from a promotion. Thank you for your patience and support.

As of this morning: (off of a chain of 1300+ stores)

94% instock on Modern Warfare 2 360
94% instock on Monern Warfare 2 PS3
99% instock on Darksiders PS3
99% instock on Darksiders Xbox 360
97% instock on Bayonetta PS3
98% instock on Bayonetta Xbox 360
97% instock on Metro 2033
95% instock on FFXIII 360
90% instock on FFXIII PS3

Nier should be in all stores today.

An information support email was also sent to all locations to ensure pricing is updated. Please continue to post issues and we will respond as quickly as possible.

I will update the online story asap.

I'm really glad you called this promotion "successful". I place it in quotes because it'd be interesting to know if you actually made any money on these games. I can't imagine the markup at retail being 50% so I figure these are "loss leaders" for K-Mart. Loss leaders are products people want, priced below the retailers cost, in hopes that the customer will also buy other merchandise that do carry a markup. I also hope, that they do continue but only if they are beneficial for both parties. Giving away the house to increase market share doesn't lead down a profitable road. But, for now, it's good for us cheap ass people! :D

#1965 danielhonigman

danielhonigman

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:13 PM

It should ring up automatically at the price, but you may want to bring in the blog post anyway!

(Disclaimer: I'm the social media manager for Kmart/Sears Home Electronics)

#1966 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:18 PM

No Kmarts where I live, they closed almost all the stores in Oklahoma a few years ago.

A restock online is my only hope.

#1967 FFWRX

FFWRX

Don't Blink!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:17 PM

It should ring up automatically at the price, but you may want to bring in the blog post anyway!

(Disclaimer: I'm the social media manager for Kmart/Sears Home Electronics)

Tell them to check emails too because the blog didnt work for me.

DW_zps16807208.jpg

#1968 rs600cubed

rs600cubed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:19 PM

Hmmm...I ordered MW2 for 360 online yesterday morning and got an order confirmation email but have gotten no shipment email?

#1969 RiCeBo1

RiCeBo1

NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:21 PM

Hey SHC, how much longer before the online inventory is updated do you think? I'm getting anxious even though I said I almost gave up on this deal :lol:

Posted Image

#1970 TedwardRoberts

TedwardRoberts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:30 PM

I'm really glad you called this promotion "successful". I place it in quotes because it'd be interesting to know if you actually made any money on these games. I can't imagine the markup at retail being 50% so I figure these are "loss leaders" for K-Mart. Loss leaders are products people want, priced below the retailers cost, in hopes that the customer will also buy other merchandise that do carry a markup. I also hope, that they do continue but only if they are beneficial for both parties. Giving away the house to increase market share doesn't lead down a profitable road. But, for now, it's good for us cheap ass people! :D

Cost on video games is usually at least 90% of retail, so they're probably taking a ~40% loss on every unit. Video Games in general are difficult to make a huge profit off of unless you're pushing the high margin attachments and bolt-ons, but the perk to a one-stop store like Kmart is that, if they get you in the door with games, there's a higher chance you'll do your other shopping while you're there, where margins are much easier to come by.

They're doing this as part of a new marketing approach, I can guarantee that. You can either spend $1mil on a new marketing campaign that says "Hey guys, we've got great deals on gaming!", or you can have one of your current employees mount a social networking campaign that costs little more than the cost of hosting this blog and then take a $1mil shrink on a game deal that goes viral.

Either way, it's costing you a million bucks, but if they do this properly, Sears Holdings gets marketing research/feedback. I bet you every complaint and compliment in this thread has been read by SHC as research.

At any rate, every customer that gets in on these deals is going to think of Kmart much more frequently than they did before.

#1971 hibbie

hibbie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:32 PM

At any rate, every customer that gets in on these deals is going to think of Kmart much more frequently than they did before.

I definitely will. If they run a special like this every month or every other month, I would definitely consider future game purchases from Kmart.
PM me with your email address if you want a Lockerz Invite.

#1972 lildude

lildude

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

I definitely will. If they run a special like this every month or every other month, I would definitely consider future game purchases from Kmart.

As much as I agree with you, I don't think Kmart can afford to do this that often. Maybe I'm wrong. ;)

#1973 IronClaw

IronClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

There lies the twist with this type of marketing. Yes, there is a huge group of gamers that frequent this forum and so your marketing dollars are more focused. But, the problem is, I bet over half these people would just buy the game anywhere that's the cheapest. With this very educated crowd that are extremely price conscious of video games on the internet, I don't believe they are increasing their "loyalty" or even solidifying their presence in this market. They are raising the awareness that K-Mart also sells games but if the back end of the process (the people in the stores to help you) aren't on board, then this could turn out to be a short lived idea.

The quote above is the majority sentiment saying "If you're the cheapest on the game I want, when I want it, then I will buy from you." So, after all the dollars are spent, and the bleeding (taking a loss) stops, at the end of the day, will they have gained anything?

Edited by IronClaw, 05 May 2010 - 06:53 PM.

#1974 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:44 PM

Why are you giving Shc a lesson on loss leaders. I'm pretty sure he gets that concept.

#1975 TedwardRoberts

TedwardRoberts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:45 PM

As much as I agree with you, I don't think Kmart can afford to do this that often. Maybe I'm wrong. ;)

Trust me... the loss is not nearly as significant as you think it is.

It costs a lot of money to improve your brand, and if SHC Gamer can control this with positive in-stocks and mostly (in the end) positive consumer feedback, it will be a comparative bargain.

#1976 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:47 PM

mw2 for 33 shipped after taxes, yes sir! Thanks OP

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#1977 IronClaw

IronClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:47 PM

Why are you giving Shc a lesson on loss leaders. I'm pretty sure he gets that concept.

When you read a book, are you so shallow that you only see the words? Pretty shallow to think I'm trying to talk to him about loss leaders. If they are losing a ton of money on these deals, then future deals would be in jeopardy. I want the deals to continue so I'm basically saying that people probably would have bought these games at slightly higher price points to help reduce the hit they take per item.

And who pulled your chain anyways? Obviously, defining what I was talking about was for people who might not understand the concept.

#1978 LaraCroftsLeftBoob

LaraCroftsLeftBoob

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:48 PM

i'm surprised, my kmart did have the right prices. and i only had to wait 5 minutes for someone to show up in the electronics dept.
What good is money if you can't inspire terror in your fellow man?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1979 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:52 PM

The quote above is the majority sediment saying "If you're the cheapest on the game I want, when I want it, then I will buy from you." So, after all the dollars are spent, and the bleeding (taking a loss) stops, at the end of the day, will they have gained anything?

Hate to be this guy (well, sorta) but sediment is dirt. I think you mean "sentiment" :)

#1980 EarthKing

EarthKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:53 PM

Thank you CAG's. Yesterday, despite some of the issues we experienced, witnessed some of the best results we have ever had from a promotion. Thank you for your patience and support.

As of this morning: (off of a chain of 1300+ stores)

94% instock on Modern Warfare 2 360
94% instock on Monern Warfare 2 PS3
99% instock on Darksiders PS3
99% instock on Darksiders Xbox 360
97% instock on Bayonetta PS3
98% instock on Bayonetta Xbox 360
97% instock on Metro 2033
95% instock on FFXIII 360
90% instock on FFXIII PS3

Nier should be in all stores today.

An information support email was also sent to all locations to ensure pricing is updated. Please continue to post issues and we will respond as quickly as possible.

I will update the online story asap.

Congrats on the great job!! It could only go only up from here!! Keep up the good work and thanx for these promotions!!! :applause::applause:
Posted Image