Photo
- - - - -

Nier $45, FFXIII, Bayonetta, AvsP, MW2, Darksiders, Metro 2033 $30 at Kmart 5/4-5/10

• Please log in to reply
2707 replies to this topic

#1981 freegood

freegood

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

I apologize on the delay, we are still working on an update;

Here is the deal, there are a few orders that have been put in the system that are definitely not customers (30+ units), but resellers who have purchased the majority of our stock.

We are looking into the validity of these purchases and if we do not feel they are to the benefit of this community I will cancel them in order for indviduals/fans of the game to get there hands on them.

I'm not in the business of just selling goods to distribution, this is for the fans if anyone is reading.

I'd suggest not charging and putting them on backorder until you're "sold out". It's less of a headache than outright cancelling.

#1982 IronClaw

IronClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:53 PM

Hate to be this guy (well, sorta) but sediment is dirt. I think you mean "sentiment" :)

DOH! Yeah that's what I mean :D Thanks! I fixeded it haha!

#1983 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:58 PM

Well when you quote someone and then talk directly to him I read it as you addressing him. Guess I'm nuts.

#1984 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:03 PM

Damn, mine still seems to be in limbo. I did Paypal and it says in progress. It seems almost everyone else shipped. Now I wish I went into the City and just bought it, I'm starting to hate Kmart all over again.

#1985 IronClaw

IronClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:06 PM

Well when you quote someone and then talk directly to him I read it as you addressing him. Guess I'm nuts.

Point taken.

#1986 Duke

Duke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:07 PM

Chances of FFXIII coming back in stock online? No Kmarts near me, and I'm really wanting this game...signed up for email alert, hoping for the best. Either way, nice deals.

#1987 DraconianAC

DraconianAC

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:08 PM

Bought FFXIII yesterday, and I was surprised at the atmosphere in the store. They sat a set of washer and drier on sale right in front of the store entrance, and there was an employee announcing all of the store promotions through the intercom. (including the washer and drier) I usually ignore whatever the say through the intercom, but the way he was advertising it was funny. Sort of made me feel, like if I wasn't in a box store.

I signed up for their rewards card, which I believe may have been their real goal other than just getting people to check out the store again.

#1988 Dysheekie

Dysheekie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:07 PM

Went to pick up an Xbox Live 12 month subscription -- but it rang up as $49.99. I asked the guy if it was on sale this week for $39.99 and he said nope.

My understanding is that it should be $39.99 this week, correct? Kmart was in South Burlington, VT.
Posted Image

#1989 TheHoodGuy

TheHoodGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:11 PM

I forgot to relate my experience yesterday.

I went down to the store and asked if they had any games on sale. They asked me to specify, and I did. They "if it's not in the sale paper, it's not on sale." I look through it just to be sure. Since I didn't find anything, and I was in a hurry, I left. When I got home, we called 'em up and asked the manager, who was nice enough. Scanned and said, "Yes, it's on sale." I went and picked it up for $30.

Just a silly idea that someone working there might actually know what's going on, haha.

If I get some cash soon, I'll go back and get Aliens Vs Predator or Darksiders.
[url=http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/The%20Ultimate%20Navi]Posted Image
[/URL]

#1990 whoasaywhat

whoasaywhat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

Went to pick up an Xbox Live 12 month subscription -- but it rang up as $49.99. I asked the guy if it was on sale this week for $39.99 and he said nope.

My understanding is that it should be $39.99 this week, correct? Kmart was in South Burlington, VT.

Its one of the deals that is shown in the ad. So yes.

#1991 VideoGamesIzFun

VideoGamesIzFun

Legalize it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

I'm pretty sure that one was in the circular so you should have just told them to grab one and check. Anyway you can get one on newegg for $35
http://www.newegg.co...3-129-_-Product

#1992 pjay

pjay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:25 PM

Ok, I found Final Fantasy XIII for PS3 at the second K-Mart I went to today. The guy was organizing the games section and was helpful enough to find the game for me. It rang up at $31.94 including tax. There where 3 copies left of the PS3 version, but the guy said that there could be more. I didn't check for the 360 version. This is the K-Mart at 4340 Okeechobee Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL 33409. Good luck:D

#1993 GamerPro4000

GamerPro4000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:29 PM

SHC - can you just limit to 2 per household on these sort of sales? Seems the simplest way to do it.

I say cancel those orders. Fuck the resellers. If you lose them as a customer, so what? Nobody needs 30 copies of a game.

terrible arguement. you should have said, why should you help your competitors and alienate your customers? limit the purchases to 2 per household so more people can enjoy the deal. not only that, more people will become loyal k-mart/sears shoppers in the long run.

694d4eb2-1434-4fcd-8d4e-7a3fb9ae65c7.png

Currently own a PS3 and a Computer Rig:
Core i7 950, 6Gb DDR3 Corsair, Nvidia GTX 780, 60GB OCZ SSD

#1994 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:33 PM

Damn, mine still seems to be in limbo. I did Paypal and it says in progress. It seems almost everyone else shipped. Now I wish I went into the City and just bought it, I'm starting to hate Kmart all over again.

Mine too. I ordered Bayonetta yesterday, got a confirmation e-mail, but no shipping confirmation yet. I'm worried since everyone is already getting theirs shipped.

#1995 BL Game Hunter

BL Game Hunter

Big Lots Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:33 PM

Quick update on The Kmart.com promotional titles, as of 2:30pm CST:

• COD: MW2 360 - online/ available to order :D
  • COD: MW2 PS3 - online/ available to order :D
  • FFXIII PS3 - online/ currently out of stock
  • FFXIII 360 - online/ currently out of stock
  • Nier PS3 - currently not posting online, we are working on that
  • Nier 360 - online/ currently out of stock
  • AVP 360 - online/ currently out of stock
  • AVP PS3 - currently not posting online, we are working on it
  • Bayonetta PS3 - online/ available to order :D
  • Bayonetta 360 - online/ currently out of stock
  • Darksiders 360 - online/ available to order :D
  • Darksiders PS3 - online/ available to order :D
  • Metro 2033 360 - online/ available to order :D
We are still working on the issue with the number "reseller" orders received and are working on the items not currently online. We have also received confirmation from many stores that they now have the promo signed set in stores - still working through some of them. We will update as we get info to pass on - thanks again.

#1996 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:35 PM

If this is the one at Canal and Garfield, hello neighbor. I have had some interesting experiences with this particular store. I went so far to firing off an e-mail detailing my disgust with the store and how they represent KMart. The only thing I was offered was that I could call the manager if there were future issues.

Yep, same store.
Posted Image

#1997 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:39 PM

SHC Guy or Gamer or whoever,Can please tell me if they excepted my order and still not shipped does it mean they sold out and I won't get my FF13 PS3? I'm getting upset, I have asked about this 5 or more times and niether of you has answered. I need some type of answer here. This is not acceptable.

#1998 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:41 PM

SHC, are you happy that all the stores you contacted (including the on I asked about) will have the correct sale prices now ?

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#1999 RiCeBo1

RiCeBo1

NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:41 PM

Quick update on The Kmart.com promotional titles, as of 2:30pm CST:

• COD: MW2 360 - online/ available to order :D
  • COD: MW2 PS3 - online/ available to order :D
  • FFXIII PS3 - online/ currently out of stock
  • FFXIII 360 - online/ currently out of stock
  • Nier PS3 - currently not posting online, we are working on that
  • Nier 360 - online/ currently out of stock
  • AVP 360 - online/ currently out of stock
  • AVP PS3 - currently not posting online, we are working on it
  • Bayonetta PS3 - online/ available to order :D
  • Bayonetta 360 - online/ currently out of stock
  • Darksiders 360 - online/ available to order :D
  • Darksiders PS3 - online/ available to order :D
  • Metro 2033 360 - online/ available to order :D
We are still working on the issue with the number "reseller" orders received and are working on the items not currently online. We have also received confirmation from many stores that they now have the promo signed set in stores - still working through some of them. We will update as we get info to pass on - thanks again.

If I get my order in for FFXIII for PS3, you got my vote for CAGer of the year :)

Posted Image

#2000 arnoldhead

arnoldhead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:43 PM

My local Kmart was out of MW2 so I asked for a raincheck, then wasted 30 minutes waiting to talk to a "manager" that doesn't know the difference between an online-only price and a price that's advertised online. She looked at me like I was trying to commit fraud or something, even though SHC-Gamer already said he contacted the store. Anyways this was the first time I've gone to a Kmart of my own free will, and it'll probably be the last.

PS. The store also smelled like crap.

#2001 BL Game Hunter

BL Game Hunter

Big Lots Official Rep

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:45 PM

terrible arguement. you should have said, why should you help your competitors and alienate your customers? limit the purchases to 2 per household so more people can enjoy the deal. not only that, more people will become loyal k-mart/sears shoppers in the long run.

Both are good arguments - we definitely want to take care of our customers - that was the intention of the promo. Likewise, we would love to have customers checking in and puchasing from us regularly because we take care of them. A threshold quantity is definitely the way to go as we plan for these in the future.

#2002 vikingvessel

vikingvessel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:47 PM

Trust me... the loss is not nearly as significant as you think it is.

It costs a lot of money to improve your brand, and if SHC Gamer can control this with positive in-stocks and mostly (in the end) positive consumer feedback, it will be a comparative bargain.

Makes a ton of sense, along with your other post above.

Done properly, as it is via the SHC crew and the over-the-top unique execution,
the research and insight into gamer needs and trends has to yield
a very accurate read on a market in which they are looking to increase their share.
Spending a lump some is so much more vague than what this thread and their
blog and everywhere it all has branched will generate in regards to research.

Even with the cheapest price bottom line scenario that often trumps all
for folks at the level of obsession/awareness that helps
makes this board as amazing as it is [not perfect, none are], a company
with no prior experience now has an abundance of valid data,
especially in regards to what it will take to keep us after these
unbelievable prices fall more in line with what we would still be willing to pay.

Throw in some loyalty programs and permanent shipping incentives,
and they could greatly close the gap. I never thought that GS
had it in 'em, but they have been really taking to AZ as of late, so anything is possible.
I would imagine there is something to be learned for any vendors
who caught a whiff of the mayhem SHC/Kmart have whipped up here.

#2003 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:50 PM

SHC person please give some kind of response. Ok now I'm getting upset, I called Kmart CS they can't tell me a thing. SHC people are you going to completely ignore my questions? I paid with paypal yesterday the order went through, I got email comformation, but still stuck in process. Is my order going to go through on FF13 PS3 or am I going to get screwed here? 5th time I'm asking. aT least respond asking for my order # or something I'm not enjoying your customer service as much as others here.

#2004 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:51 PM

CALM DOWN!

Have some patience.

#2005 autopiloton

autopiloton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:53 PM

But he's getting upset! :roll:
:ps3: :wii: :360: :psp: :ds: :xbox: :ps2: :gc: :pc:

#2006 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Just so you know tightclaws, my order from yesterday hasn't shipped out yet either.

autopilot, it seems that's a common thing with most people nowdays. Especially younger people. It's always about me, me, me, and did I forget me?

#2007 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

CALM DOWN!

Have some patience.

Thanks for all your help. You know what with Paypal taking my from my Bank account instantly and how crappy this whole thing has been, I feel I have right to be upset. I don't think I would order anything from Kmart again.

#2008 Binar

Binar

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

SHC person please give some kind of response. Ok now I'm getting upset, I called Kmart CS they can't tell me a thing. SHC people are you going to completely ignore my questions? I paid with paypal yesterday the order went through, I got email comformation, but still stuck in process. Is my order going to go through on FF13 PS3 or am I going to get screwed here? 5th time I'm asking. aT least respond asking for my order # or something I'm not enjoying your customer service as much as others here.

All this ppl that had their game shipped already...heck some got it deliverd and most likely they are playing it

Why don't you call their 1-800 no ?

Darn it man i gtg ...door bell .. my game just arrived

#2009 BL Game Hunter

BL Game Hunter

Big Lots Official Rep

I have forwarded your previous posts to our payment team in our online Business unit (Just sent post 1998 a few minutes ago) - I will reply as soon as I get some type of response. My apologies - this topic is out of my realm of expertise but I am mediating to try to get some answers.

#2010 the_legend_of_drtre

the_legend_of_drtre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

As much as I agree with you, I don't think Kmart can afford to do this that often. Maybe I'm wrong. ;)

You're wrong.

Would you rather sell 50 games a week at $60 or 300 at $30?