Photo
- - - - -

Nier $45, FFXIII, Bayonetta, AvsP, MW2, Darksiders, Metro 2033 $30 at Kmart 5/4-5/10

• Please log in to reply
2707 replies to this topic

#2041 the_legend_of_drtre

the_legend_of_drtre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:51 PM

lol people are complaining that their orders haven't shipped yet? It's barely been a day idiots.

#2042 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

lol people are complaining that their orders haven't shipped yet? It's barely been a day idiots.

You are right. It's only been a day. The concern for people is that others got a confirmation already, which naturally would make people worry that their order might get cancelled if they haven't received their confirmation of shipping. It is quite common for orders to get cancelled if there isn't enough even though when they ordered it said it was in stock. It's happened to me before.

#2043 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

Wow, I never saw someone cry and complain as much as tightclaws.

Let's see if he comes back to do any praising once his order arrives.

#2044 the_legend_of_drtre

the_legend_of_drtre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

Easy decision if it's 50 games at a profit or 300 games at a loss. What would you choose?

They're both a a profit. You think they pay more than $30 each buying in bulk like that? lol

#2045 the_legend_of_drtre

the_legend_of_drtre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

You are right. It's only been a day. The concern for people is that others got a confirmation already, which naturally would make people worry that their order might get cancelled if they haven't received their confirmation of shipping. It is quite common for orders to get cancelled if there isn't enough even though when they ordered it said it was in stock. It's happened to me before.

Maybe people who got confirmations ordered before those who didn't?

#2046 the_legend_of_drtre

the_legend_of_drtre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:01 PM

SHC Guy or Gamer or whoever,Can please tell me if they excepted my order and still not shipped does it mean they sold out and I won't get my FF13 PS3? I'm getting upset, I have asked about this 5 or more times and niether of you has answered. I need some type of answer here. This is not acceptable.

lol.

#2047 Refractor_Champion

Refractor_Champion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

It's happened to me as well and is a valid point. I also think that many other CAGers would just like confirmation that their purchase is "Locked In"
Checkout my Ebay store featuring sports cards with FREE shipping anywhere in the US
http://stores.ebay.c...he-Collectibles

#2048 BL Game Hunter

BL Game Hunter

Big Lots Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

Just to let everyone know, shipping notifications do batch at certain times of the day and have an upload capacity limit. As much as I would love to, I cannot guarantee anything but will let the community know that it is entirely possible that items can ship prior to a shipping notification being batch processed.

#2049 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:09 PM

Wow, I never saw someone cry and complain as much as tightclaws.

Then you must be hiding under a rock, I see people complaining a lot more who have not already paid for something. Also I see a ton of trolls like you most often.

#2050 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:09 PM

They're both a a profit. You think they pay more than $30 each buying in bulk like that? lol

Cost for games, from what I've seen......Is anywhere between $45-$55 for a new title. I doubt that they were "cut deals" for all of these titles. I'd think SHC was able to lower the costs somewhat...But is still taking a hit just to get people like tightclaws (whatever his name is) to order online, or stop in the store and pick it up.

Hopefully this turns out great, it looks like it will.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#2051 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:15 PM

Yes
Posted Image

#2052 H22A

H22A

Happy trails, Hans.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

Almost didn't bother, but got one for Xbox 360 at a local Kmart I thought closed long ago and someone just reminded me of. Courteous fellow maintaining the counter, the same guy I had called earlier to verify availability and he cited the price correctly @ $29.99.

So no drama here, fortunately.

#2053 mickeyu422

mickeyu422

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:19 PM

Got my copy of FF XIII. There were copies of all the games there for both systems. The guy in electronics was great and even tried suggesting to me to get all the other games that were on sale. I bought a few fishing things that I would have never bought at K-Mart so I think SHC's plan worked

#2054 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

Everyone knows video game tapes have a 146.8987% mark up and that not sending shipping confirmations within 4 hours (2 if you use paypal and are a virgin) is fraud punishable by firing squad.

Now I hope we can all put those two discussions to bed and maybe I will be able to see if someone updates on availability.

#2055 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:27 PM

Went to 2 K-Marts here in STL and here's what I remember...

Bridgeton: No Nier (either system), no Metro 2033 and no Bayonetta (either system). They had a few :360: MW2, :360: Darksiders, :360: AvP and :360: FFXIII (none on PS3). No signs up, stickers still said $59.99 and I didn't check anything at the register to see if it was ringing up for the sale price.

West Florissant: No Nier (either system). Had 2 Metro 2033 so I picked one up and it did ring for $29.99. Saw several Bayonetta (both systems) and FFXIII (both systems).

Haven't read every page but is Nier at select stores only?

Edited by Killbomb, 05 May 2010 - 09:37 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2056 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:35 PM

Went to 2 K-Marts here in STL and here's what I remember...

Bridgeton: No Nier (either system), no Metro 2033 and no Bayonetta (either system). They had a few :360: MW2, :360: Darksiders:, :360: AvP and :360: FFXIII (none on PS3). Didn't check anything at the register to see if it was ringing up for the sale price.

West Florissant: No Nier (either system). Had 2 Metro 2033 so I picked one up and it did ring for $29.99. Saw several Bayonetta (both systems) and FFXIII (both systems).

Haven't read every page but is Nier at select stores only?

Good to know that the price for Metro 2033 is ringing up correctly in this area. I need to try and run by one of my local Kmarts and see if they have a copy of Metro 2033 or not and hopefully score one. The website is useless right now, so that would be my only way to get a copy.

#2057 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:37 PM

It is better to keep quiet and be thought the fool than to open your mouth and erase all doubt.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2058 gtasmy

gtasmy

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:36 PM

ordered yesterday (MW2 and FXIII for PS3) and got it today hellz yea!!! now i just need to wait a couple of more days for my PS3 to come back from repairs (it stopped reading discs... all kinds and i have the 60gb with backwards compatibility so there were alot more games i couldn't play.... it happened almost 2 years ago and i'm so happy bec i was finally able to repair it and it's coming back soon!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D)

#2059 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:39 PM

Generally they pay about 80%-95% retail for games (at least Best Buy did when I worked for them).
Posted Image

#2060 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:44 PM

SHC - got my FF13 at the Kmart near me. By near I mean 20 miles away. Price rang up no problem but nary a sale sign anywhere. Anyway, thanks!

Also, can you please do us a favor and post Video Game Economics 101 (without giving away any kmart trade secrets) so that certain people in here can stop arguing and sounding like morons?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2061 oiskaio

oiskaio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:58 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for SHC and everything that he's done for us CAGers!

Also in case anyone wanted to know, I was able to pick up FFXIII (360 , about 5 in stock at 1:30pm) at the K-Mart on 95th and Metcalf in Kansas City. Rang up the correct price but no signs or anything to make it known.

#2062 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:58 PM

Ill stop at my Kmart even though I dont need anything. I bet its full of these things

#2063 g-man

g-man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:59 PM

anyone who has ever worked in a shipping area knows that orders should always ship, at the very least, the following day. At my company, barring acts of God or computer system failures, EVERY order placed that day ships out THAT DAY. If it doesn't ship out that very day (which is VERY rare) the customer gets free upgraded next day shipping.

that being said, i'm pretty patient when I order things online, and it's not uncommon to see an item being held for 2 to 3 days before shipping, especially if it's a small company and/or a big sale. i don't hold other companies up to the same standards my company holds. we are one of the largest companies in the nation, so our standards are pretty high.

#2064 ns27

ns27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:12 PM

any one have any luck in the los angeles area?

#2065 FracturedMirror

FracturedMirror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:16 PM

Picked up AvP for 360 yesterday. No problems at all, game wasn't tagged as on sale, but the price scanned where it was supposed to.

And the clerk didn't mind taking it out of the case to see what it rang up as, which was great. Some salespeople look at you like you have three heads if you ask them to price check something. :lol:

#2066 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:15 PM

ordered yesterday (MW2 and FXIII for PS3) and got it today hellz yea!!! now i just need to wait a couple of more days for my PS3 to come back from repairs (it stopped reading discs... all kinds and i have the 60gb with backwards compatibility so there were alot more games i couldn't play.... it happened almost 2 years ago and i'm so happy bec i was finally able to repair it and it's coming back soon!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D)

Where'd you get it repaired...Through Sony?

Did it cost the standard $150, or has that changed?

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#2067 isd71

isd71

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

Got my order of FF13 and Bayonetta today. The ETA was way off in a good way. They shipped both via UPS with a Bayonetta fabric poster. I wasn't expecting anything cool like that or even the games before the weekend.

#2068 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:22 PM

I got the last copy of MW2 (PS3) at the South Racine WI store . . . I think they still had it for the 360.

#2069 dabebop

dabebop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:28 PM

For the people that ordered online, and FF13, what estimate are you guys getting. Kmart got slammed hard since I guess I'll be expecting it on the 17th -_-. Hopefully SHC can work through the orders, and get everything squared away. If not than FF will show up just as Red Dead will be.

#2070 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:39 PM

Got my order of FF13 and Bayonetta today. The ETA was way off in a good way. They shipped both via UPS with a Bayonetta fabric poster. I wasn't expecting anything cool like that or even the games before the weekend.

:shock:How did you get that?!

Edited by BlueSwim, 06 May 2010 - 12:10 AM.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.