Photo
- - - - -

Nier $45, FFXIII, Bayonetta, AvsP, MW2, Darksiders, Metro 2033 $30 at Kmart 5/4-5/10

• Please log in to reply
2707 replies to this topic

#181 Interfeci

Interfeci

ASSIMILATE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:00 AM

I'm considering returning my used copy to go buy this one. It'd be cheaper by a bit, and a new copy. The only difference is this isn't credit, it's cash.

Now if only other things were cheaper at K-Mart as well. This would bring in some nice residual sales from a larger amount of people if that were the case. Oh well.

PM at Sears should get a 110%. Or if anything, BB for the certs.
PEW PEW PEW.

#182 gamerdogbert

gamerdogbert

Canine Potentate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:09 AM

I'm definitely in for :ps3:FF XIII. $29.99 is exactly the price I've been holding out for. In fact, $29.99 is the sweet spot where I am willing to buy any top-tier game these days. :360:Aliens Vs. Predator is only a $19.99 game to me, so I'll hold out longer on that one.

I'm really glad to see Kmart being more aggressive on this. I worked there for 4.5 years (back in the day) and I've always tried to support Kmart when I can; they are still the best place around to get vitamins LOL. I don't really foresee that Kmart is going to be able to compete with Best Buy's rewards program any time soon, though. As a Premier Silver, I get 2.5% back on all purchases, plus an extra 6.67% back on game purchases, plus an extra 2.5% back for paying with my Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard, plus free shipping on everything. I just don't think Kmart's going to be able to match my total of 11.67% rebates + free shipping (plus bonus point promotions on top of that), but I'd be happy to see more of these $29.99 'recent release' game deals :)

FWIW, I am holding out for deals on the following games:

For $29.99, I would buy :ps3:Heavy Rain, :360:Darksiders, :ps3:Yakuza 3, :ps3:MLB 10: The Show, :ps3:Star Ocean: The Last Hope International, :wii:Red Steel 2/MotionPlus bundle, :ps3:Nier, :wii:Wii Sports Resort/MotionPlus bundle

For $19.99, I would buy :360:Aliens Vs. Predator, :ps3:Eternal Sonata, :360:Super Street Fighter IV, :wii:No More Heroes 2, :360:Metro 2033, :wii:Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles, :ps3:Resonance Of Fate, :ps3:Katamari Forever, :ps3:Dead To Rights Retribution, :360:Army Of Two: 40th Day

That is my entire wish list for deals on currently-released games. Thanks for listening LOL ;)

#183 ArQuesta

ArQuesta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:19 AM

Bayonetta at $30 is hardly a deal considering places had her for $20 recently.

And it's not like it's even worth $20 since it's utter rubbish...

...in my opinion. :D

#184 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:12 AM

Hmm, I already gamefly'd and beaten FFXIII, but $30 is tempting.

Most Hyped For: Tekken 7, Metal Gear Solid V, Persona 5, Bloodborne, Final Fantasy XV

#185 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:15 AM

Bayonetta at $30 is hardly a deal considering places had her for $20 recently.

"hardly a deal" for those who missed it on sale for 360. I don't think it has been that price, new, for PS3 though.

I'll be getting Bayonetta for PS3 at $30. I've seen your efforts in the KMart clearance thread, SHC, and you clearly care. I hope your superiors recognize the incredible effort you are making, because compensation is definitely deserved. I, and it appears plenty of other CAGs, are very satisfied with your brand of customer service, which goes above and beyond what is required of you. Keep it coming man.

#186 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:29 AM

How about giving your money and support to SHC-Gamer and K-Mart.

Well said, for his good job, give Kmart the business. Let the other departments run the store into the ground.

Definitely in for a copy of FFXIII, if I have the money for it. Well done SHC, you definitely got the jist of things.

For $29.99, I would buy :ps3:Heavy Rain, :360:Darksiders, :ps3:Yakuza 3, :ps3:MLB 10: The Show, :ps3:Star Ocean: The Last Hope International, :wii:Red Steel 2/MotionPlus bundle, :ps3:Nier, :wii:Wii Sports Resort/MotionPlus bundle

For $19.99, I would buy :360:Aliens Vs. Predator, :ps3:Eternal Sonata, :360:Super Street Fighter IV, :wii:No More Heroes 2, :360:Metro 2033, :wii:Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles, :ps3:Resonance Of Fate, :ps3:Katamari Forever, :ps3:Dead To Rights Retribution, :360:Army Of Two: 40th Day

That is my entire wish list for deals on currently-released games. Thanks for listening LOL ;)

I like the wishlist idea...Will help out SHC for future promotions.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#187 kinetik

kinetik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:50 AM

oh gawd, drooling at that FF price haha, sweeeet
holla for a dolla 8-)

#188 slowpantz

slowpantz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:56 AM

Woke up this morning and see they added AvP for $30. Looks like I'm getting two game from K-Mart next week. :lol: Hope for more deals like this in the future!

#189 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:40 AM

Might jump on Nier instead since FF doesn't interest me as much even at that price.

#190 oakafanforlife

oakafanforlife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:42 AM

Thanks SHC-Gamer :applause:, for your hard work and time you put into bringing these prices to us. For the longest time I've spent my money at BB because of the reward zone, but having these sales on newer games early makes it harder to spend my money at BB. My reasoning for purchasing from there was, I liked being the first owner of my games, and I figured if I'm buying new, I might as well get something in return (rz certs). Being able to purchase these games on sale for great prices like these beats having to wait for those points to add up and turn into credit. Being able to buy Bayonetta at $30 new vs $59 new from BB saves me over $20 plus the points I would get from the one game wouldn't add up to the cash saved.
Posted Image

#191 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:43 AM

Ugh

I've been saving up for Resonance of Fate, but FFXIII for $30 is REALLY tempting.

Think Best Buy will price match if we show them the blog?

Aren't these going to be in the Sunday ad anyways? My bad if I missed something about these deals being exclusively posted to the blog.

#192 BrownCracker

BrownCracker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:51 AM

Might have to jump on FFXIII. Especially since ill be able to get it for 20 with the $10off coupon (it still works in my area).
Posted Image
[IMG]http://http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Jason9811/Artwork/KOSsig.jpg[/IMG]

#193 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:12 AM

Aren't these going to be in the Sunday ad anyways? My bad if I missed something about these deals being exclusively posted to the blog.

Previous "blog deals" have not been in the Sunday ad.

Posted Image

#194 Alleran

Alleran

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:21 AM

Saw this and HAD to register to formally thank you.
So here I go, um....THANKS!!!!

#195 indieinsd

indieinsd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:57 AM

Like all the other Cags, I thank SHC-Gamer for bringing us this post and for embracing all us Cags in general. The blog is great and I hope Gamer gets all the dap they deserve. All retailers should be doing things like this and it boggles my mind that more dont.

#196 mindsale

mindsale

Are we having fun yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:59 AM

Flip time - beat it quickly. FFXIII is worth $42 right now at Gamestop (w/ EDGE).

#197 pbaz11

pbaz11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:12 PM

FFXIII is a real good deal, but for what platform should I buy it for?

#198 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:12 PM

If you have an option of both, ps3 no doubt.

#199 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:15 PM

From what I've heard. You should go with PS3 version. I was thinking the same and then I saw the difference at two my friends house. PS3 version has uncompressed sound and video, and if you 1080p tv then you are in business.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#200 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:14 PM

If you have equal access to both, then definitely go with the PS3 version. While I have both systems, I have far easier access to my Xbox 360, so that's the version I am going to get it for.

#201 caldazar

caldazar

RiderOnAPaleHorse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:12 PM

FFXIII is very tempting at that price, thanks!

#202 strobe32

strobe32

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:14 PM

i might have to jump on that deal for FF, been waiting for it to come down to that price point. i still have so many other games to play, but i dont think i'll be able to pass this up!

#203 luckycreature

luckycreature

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

Going to get ff at that price. heck even if it becomes a greatest hits title it will be that price. Good lord I'm gonna buy something at Kmart?

#204 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:22 PM

I hate this.

There are NO K-Marts near me. Would get AvP

Posted Image

#205 inanim8

inanim8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:25 PM

I don't have that long a wishlist but would be tempted to buy Heavy Rain and Yakuza 3 at $30 as well. I think Darksiders was at $20 for the lucky bastards in the NY/NJ area at PC Richards so hopefully a huge pricedrop soon.

Thanks for the heads up!!! Will drop by Kmart for FFXIII next week. Also, will actually look forward to future deals at Kmart.

#206 Cykanine

Cykanine

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:29 PM

will it be in the flyer?

#207 SteveDaWonder

SteveDaWonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:38 PM

Definitely interested in Nier...sort of Interested in AvP.
Posted Image

#208 rusty

rusty

Broke because of CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:38 PM

I may pick up another copy of FFXIII and sell my current one to GameStop for roughly $40 credit...

Then I could pick up a game or two on GS.com (GOW: Collection and LBP:GOTY)

Xbox One | Destiny | Titanfall

Homebrew PC | CS:GO | Skyrim

#209 vanlandw

vanlandw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:42 PM

FFXIII ps3 and Bayonetta XB is very temping at those prices. There is one Kmart in my area I'm sure will be completely picked over by the time I get there but I will check regardless. Thanks for the heads up OP

#210 Be3fJerky

Be3fJerky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:45 PM

I may pick up another copy of FFXIII and sell my current one to GameStop for roughly $40 credit...

Then I could pick up a game or two on GS.com (GOW: Collection and LBP:GOTY)

Damn, I should think about doing that too.
What's the trade-in value for FFXIII, or is that w/ a trade-in bonus promotion?