Photo
- - - - -

Nier $45, FFXIII, Bayonetta, AvsP, MW2, Darksiders, Metro 2033 $30 at Kmart 5/4-5/10

• Please log in to reply
2707 replies to this topic

#2071 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:44 PM

SHC - got my FF13 at the Kmart near me. By near I mean 20 miles away. Price rang up no problem but nary a sale sign anywhere. Anyway, thanks!

Also, can you please do us a favor and post Video Game Economics 101 (without giving away any kmart trade secrets) so that certain people in here can stop arguing and sounding like morons?

Yep, let's put this one to bed :)

Gaming margins are very thin (especially on consoles) and promotions like this have to be negotiated in complete coordination with a publisher to maintain profitability. I can't speak specifically to cost or margin obviously, but all you have to do is plan a simple if/then metric. If I do nothing, we'll make x, if I do something we'll make x, and then weigh the options. It obviously is more complicate on how to get to those assumptions and metrics, but retail math is never an easy beast to negotiate. You'e heard it here, Algebra can actually come in handy! There are also other factors as well like share-of-voice, customer impressions, average market basket that have to be taken into effect and how long term success can be measured.

We are very pleased with the results even with the issues we have to fix going forward. This was a huge call to action on what the potential can be for us in the near future.

#2072 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:49 PM

lol.

Hey Tightclaws, I apologize, I've been in meetings for most of the day. Can you send me an email at Jdeane@searshc.com. I'll track your order with our online team.

#2073 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:53 PM

Hey Tightclaws, I apologize, I've been in meetings for most of the day. Can you send me an email at Jdeane@searshc.com. I'll track your order with our online team.

Check that, Just got your PM, I'm contacting customer service now.

#2074 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:06 PM

Check that, Just got your PM, I'm contacting customer service now.

When this comes through for tightclaws and his order shows up at his doorstep, I expect to see an immediate post within the hour thanking SHC-Gamer and Kmart for their customer service. Anything less is "not acceptable."

#2075 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:07 PM

Then you must be hiding under a rock, I see people complaining a lot more who have not already paid for something. Also I see a ton of trolls like you most often.

Hello tightclaws, just PM'd you. Let me know if it worked.

#2076 GuitarMan

GuitarMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:07 PM

yay!! 3rd times the charm and finally got my nephew FF13(ps3). Stopped by the Jonesboro, GA store yesterday with none to be found. Then stopped in the Buford Hwy, Doraville, GA store later that night while I was heading up to visit my brother who was in town to take an IT test, and same outcome. Today, I had some things to do in Savannah, GA and remembered to stop by kmart before heading back to ATL and was lucky enough to find the last FF13(ps3) which also rang up with no hassles.

Thanks SHC-Gamer.
Now, to relax with a few margueritas and celebrate Cinco de Mayo.:whee:

#2077 masterken00

masterken00

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:06 PM

Check about 6 Kmart in northern Virginia, no FF13 or MW2 seems to be in stock. Called the store, but most of the time they barely know what I was talking about.

#2078 arnoldhead

arnoldhead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:09 PM

Please reply with store location/ information - we are following up on each and would like to share the feedback - negative or positive. thanks

Kmart on 3rd and Fairfax in Los Angeles, CA. You guys contacted the store at another user's request earlier in the thread so I figured things would be good to go, but I guess not. Although I had a bad experience I appreciate the work you guys are putting in, and here's hoping you get everything straightened out by the time the next sale rolls around.

#2079 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:08 PM

Just like the store issues if you do not mind. If you are getting uncomfortable at all. Email me your order # at Jdeane@searshc.com and we will track it down for you.

#2080 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:10 PM

Kmart on 3rd and Fairfax in Los Angeles, CA. You guys contacted the store at another user's request earlier in the thread so I figured things would be good to go, but I guess not. Although I had a bad experience I appreciate the work you guys are putting in, and here's hoping you get everything straightened out by the time the next sale rolls around.

They didn't have it up! Ugh, I am contacting them now. My sincerest apologies.

#2081 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Got my copy of Darksiders with the blank disc replaced with a proper copy in-store with zero problems. Also, my order for MW2 shows as shipped now, with a UPS tracking number! WOOHOO!

Lastly, my Kmart now has signage for the sale on the game cases.

Super stoked to see what comes next.

#2082 thecrazyhorse13

thecrazyhorse13

Pensacola Nine Mile Kmart a no go for the 2nd straight day. This has to be one of the worst kmarts. I stood in Electronics for 20 minutes without seeing a single employee. I think I could have stood in the game isle the entire day and not seen an employee. Will go to the one that is further away tomorrow I'm sure there will be plenty of FF13's in stock.

#2083 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:16 PM

Just like the store issues if you do not mind. If you are getting uncomfortable at all. Email me your order # at Jdeane@searshc.com and we will track it down for you.

How about you fix the issues with Metro 2033 being an issue with adding it to the cart.

It doesn't show that it appears to be out of stock, though when you add it to your cart, it just goes to a page that doesn't show it added to your cart.

Fixing that would be appreciated.

#2084 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:19 PM

SHC -

I'll use $45 as a wholesale number since that's what the Gamestop CEO said. I assume it's more or less depending on volume.

Now, let's say Retailer A buys it at $45 at a $60 MSRP. If after a couple of months, the publisher (say EA) drops MSRP to $40. I assume games aren't sold on a consignment model so you've already paid for those copies of NFS: Shift. You're sitting on $45 copies and the publisher is now selling at $28 wholesale. Is the retailer SOL or do they get a refund or credit on future purchases from the publisher?

please PM me if you don't want to post it here. I'm curious about how everything works.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2085 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:19 PM

Pensacola Nine Mile Kmart a no go for the 2nd straight day. This has to be one of the worst kmarts. I stood in Electronics for 20 minutes without seeing a single employee. I think I could have stood in the game isle the entire day and not seen an employee. Will go to the one that is further away tomorrow I'm sure there will be plenty of FF13's in stock.

Thanks for the heads up; I have let our operational leadership team know about your experience at this location as that is unacceptable.

#2086 Megalith

Megalith

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:20 PM

Just wanted to post a thank you to SHC; I had him confirm the sale at the Kmart in East Brunswick, NJ the other day. Maybe the games were already good to go at 8 a.m., but I was able to get FFXIII and Bayonetta.

#2087 ns27

ns27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:20 PM

So the sale's not effective at this location, arnoldhead?

#2088 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:27 PM

...and my order of MW2 was just canceled. I just got an e-mail from Kmart saying they regret that they made a mistake, and didn't really have it. Maybe they thought I was going to resell my one copy? Oh well, with my huge backlog I'll get it for cheaper when I can actually get around to playing it, but I wanted to support SHC-Gamer for being so cool about this sale. Gotta admit, though - nothing sours me towards a company more than a canceled order a full business day later.

#2089 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:29 PM

Dang the website shows MW2 in stock again but at checkout it says out of stock. I guess i will try again later when they either fix it being in stock or set it out of stock.

#2090 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:32 PM

...and my order of MW2 was just canceled. I just got an e-mail from Kmart saying they regret that they made a mistake, and didn't really have it. Maybe they thought I was going to resell my one copy? Oh well, with my huge backlog I'll get it for cheaper when I can actually get around to playing it, but I wanted to support SHC-Gamer for being so cool about this sale. Gotta admit, though - nothing sours me towards a company more than a canceled order a full business day later.

The call of duty games are always expensive even after a year out. You might be able to find it for $30 on sale again like but used they are always 30-38 lowest for this still. This is why i am trying to still buy it online.

#2091 simmias

simmias

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:34 PM

The call of duty games are always expensive even after a year out. You might be able to find it for $30 on sale again like but used they are always 30-38 lowest for this still. This is why i am trying to still buy it online.

I ordered mine a day and a half ago and it was canceled due to being oversold, so good luck with that. Looks like it's in store or nothing.

#2092 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:37 PM

I had a feeling this was going to start happening, I'm next on FF13. I know it.

#2093 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:43 PM

I'll laugh if my order of FFXIII gets cancelled, laugh in a shake my head kinda way.

#2094 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I'll laugh if my order of FFXIII gets cancelled, laugh in a shake my head kinda way.

Whatever they are going to do, I wish they would just do it, I hate limbo. Not complaining was expecting this.

#2095 simmias

simmias

• CAGiversary!

Well, this is awesome. It will let me order my supposedly "out of stock" item for full price now.

#2096 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:45 PM

I hate waiting while it's in limbo too, I'd rather know now rather than later. We'll see though.

#2097 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:50 PM

I was thinking this, I feel like I am waiting in limbo now too which totally sucks.

If you are concerned, email me your customer order # at Jdeane@searshc.com tonight and I will compile the list in the morning and confirm them one at a time.

What do you think?

#2098 jbrown725

jbrown725

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:52 PM

Well the problem that was keeping me from ordering MW2 is resolved. I was able to actually put my information in and it was accepted. But now the shipping is up to $7 and the game reads out of stock. And my Kmart has it marked on sale, but hasn't had any copies today or yesterday. I've spent so much time on this for nothing. This sucks.

#2099 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:52 PM

I was thinking this, I feel like I am waiting in limbo now too which totally sucks.

If you are concerned, email me your customer order # at Jdeane@searshc.com tonight and I will compile the list in the morning and confirm them one at a time.

What do you think?

I think that would be great and in the future they should never except order that are not attached to stock. You have mine already. All online companies I have dealt with with have a order system that matches orders to stock so this does not happen you guys need a programmer bad. It seems there are different distribution outlets from what the phone rep told me also this makes things harder than if it was a centerally located hub, but it still should be very doable as I have never had this type of thing happen except very very rarely.

#2100 vanlandw

vanlandw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:55 PM

On my way out of town I checked a Kmart mostly because following this thread has been interesting. Nothing was marked but they had all the games minus Final Fantasy XIII both platforms. With that in mind that store must be offering the sale but every other game was in stock. El Hoarder must have picked up all the copies to throw up on ebay or something.

Grand Rapids MI Kmart.