Photo
- - - - -

Nier $45, FFXIII, Bayonetta, AvsP, MW2, Darksiders, Metro 2033 $30 at Kmart 5/4-5/10

• Please log in to reply
2707 replies to this topic

#2191 BDSLiVe

BDSLiVe

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:49 AM

Is this neir package the limited edition one with the boobs mousepad.

#2192 m3g4t0ky0

m3g4t0ky0

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:04 AM

Is this neir package the limited edition one with the boobs mousepad.

You're thinking about Record of Agarest War.

#2193 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:33 AM

Yes, the thicker, heat-based one has historically, IMO, been a more likely sign of an even more legit game. That's not to say that factories don't pump out shrink wrapped ones, but whenever I get one I recall the stories I've read here or on Ebay and whatnot where it was tampered with and then resealed. There's just something ominous about shrink wrap over a game, even though so many are perfectly "factory sealed" and pure...One could even argue it's just paranoia, but, it's just off of my own exposure to stories.

Just opened it, it's the real game.

Haha, yeah I hear ya! I too know a thing or two about a thing or two about the "heat-treated shrink wrap". There are a few games that do come that way factory sealed...Bioshock for PS3 (with the slip cover), Fallout 3 GOTY for PS3 (slip cover as well) and most recently, SSFIV (at least for PS3) as well.

But yeah, other than those, I expect my FFXIII to come with the factory Y-fold as that is the factory sealing method for all FFXIII games. Anything else would constitute a re-sealed, used product.

But I'm sure there is nothing to worry about...besides, we have the might of SHC behind us! :)

#2194 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:32 AM

Yes, the thicker, heat-based one has historically, IMO, been a more likely sign of an even more legit game. That's not to say that factories don't pump out shrink wrapped ones, but whenever I get one I recall the stories I've read here or on Ebay and whatnot where it was tampered with and then resealed. There's just something ominous about shrink wrap over a game, even though so many are perfectly "factory sealed" and pure...One could even argue it's just paranoia, but, it's just off of my own exposure to stories.

Just opened it, it's the real game.

I remember when gamestop got caught resealing games to sell new. I still once in awhile get a resealed game from them online when it was brand new. How do i know you may ask? Well the disc read side would have finger marks on it or worn manual or hell one disc had some persons name on it with perm marker. They all played fine but paying new price for a used game sucks.

I know gohastings does this as well cause of the contents inside are worn/dirty. The security tags would be on them and everything. I decided to start trying to remove them and reapply the new games i buy and see if it was easy to do. I found out it was and how shocking how easy it was. Then you can buy a shrink wrapping machine to reseal them. They used to reseal packs of cards often at card shops back in the day and prob still do? They would do something to loosen the glue and then reglue them. I do not know the full process but i caught one card shop doing it as a teen. I can say i never went back there after they told me what they were doing... They said how cheap there selling them for it is still a bargain.

#2195 missingno81

missingno81

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:50 AM

Quick question, since Kmart is owned by Sears can you get Sears to sell it to you for the same low price?

#2196 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:52 AM

Quick question, since Kmart is owned by Sears can you get Sears to sell it to you for the same low price?

nope won't work.

#2197 profanedic

profanedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:30 AM

Bummer, was going to report on online shipping to HI, but I guess I can't get $0.99 shipping. Sorry, don't want to pay $7.00 to get a game shipped. Thanks again.

#2198 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:44 PM

Just ordered Metro 2033 and AvP online (both 360), checkout seemed to go through ok and I got the 99c shipping.

Edited by benjamouth, 06 May 2010 - 01:29 PM.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#2199 stuph

stuph

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

I was just able to order Bayonetta PS3 online, so I guess it's back in stock (for real).

#2200 VIDEOGAME IGODI

VIDEOGAME IGODI

Bluray FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:54 PM

Is there an actual AD online somewhere I can print out and take it to the store?

Just so you know, it's walmart policy for THEM to carry the ads.

:)

#2201 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:04 PM

Actually Sears is owned by Kmart....

#2202 pjay

pjay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:35 PM

Actually Sears is the parent company of K-Mart.

#2203 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:42 PM

Actually Sears is the parent company of K-Mart.

Says the all-knowing Wikipedia....

The chain (K-mart) acquired Sears in 2005, forming a new corporation under the name Sears Holdings Corporation.

#2204 worshipsf

worshipsf

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

Just so you know, it's walmart policy for THEM to carry the ads.

:)

Just so you know, these deals are at Kmart, not Walmart. ;) Also, they are not in the printed ads.

#2205 zeb06

zeb06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:54 PM

Just so you know, these deals are at Kmart, not Walmart. ;) Also, they are not in the printed ads.

What he is saying is that it is Walmart policy to carry all the competitors ads so you dont have to bring one in...but I doubt they have anything on this as I couldnt find any type of add for it.

Veign06.jpg       76561198006310375.png

Free iTunes and Amazon credit -- http://m.freemyapps....re/url/c1b61416

#2206 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:11 PM

Sears will match plus 10% of the difference. Show them the kmart site and if they're still reluctant the blog site.

#2207 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:26 PM

I ordered yesterday-should I have gotten some sort of notification by now? I didn't create an account, and used a virtual credit card number...
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#2208 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:28 PM

We keep chugging, day 2 was a great success as well. Less customer issues, not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but better. Again this is off of 1300+ stores.

MW2 360 - 94.7% instock
MW2 PS3 - 93.8% instock
Darksiders PS3 - 99.4% instock
Darksiders 360 - 99.0% instock
Alien vs. Predator PS3 - 99.3% instock
Alien vs. Predator 360 - 99.2% instock
Bayonetta 360 - 98.2% instock
Bayonetta PS3 - 97.3% instock
Metro 2033 360 - 97.2% instock
Nier PS3 - 93.4% instock
Nier 360 - 93.8% instock
FFXIII 360 - 94%
FFXIII PS3 - 86.2%

Modern Warfare 2 and FFXIII will rebound this weekend, but as you can see they were the most popular.

For online, it's defintely a tougher picture. We were able to cancel some reseller orders, but not all of them. It was definitely a lesson to ensure a limit 2 (or other amount) is placed on promotions like this.

Nier 360 - Should be good
Nier PS3 - Is currently offline, we are investigating the issue
FFXIII 360 - Currently OOS, it shows available until you add to cart
FFXIII PS3 - Currently OOS
AVP 360 - Should be good
AVP PS3 - Offline, we do have inventory on hand so as soon as get it up we'll have some available.
Bayonetta 360 - Currently OOS
Bayonetta PS3 - Should be good
MW2 PS3 - Currently OOS

There are three additional titles that I am working on an update for.

MW2 360, Darksiders and Metro 2033 issues.

We have more stock heading to .com as quickly as possible.

#2209 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:43 PM

I ordered Metro 2033 online this morning SHC, should I be worried about the "issues" ?

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#2210 pjay

pjay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:11 PM

Well, there where at least 3 copies of Final Fantasy XIII left at my local K-Mart yesterday at around 3PM. Here's the address:

Big K-Mart Store 7786
4340 Okeechobee Blvd
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
1-561-689-3130

#2211 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:29 PM

I ordered Metro 2033 online this morning SHC, should I be worried about the "issues" ?

You should be good; it just shows OOS now.

#2212 RHarmanis15

RHarmanis15

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:17 PM

Just had them pull a copy for 360 for me at local Kmart - they already had it marked down to the online sale price. Thanks SHC for putting all of this together.

#2213 iErebus

iErebus

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:20 PM

Hey SHC. From what I've seen in as much of this thread I was able to skim it seems like you're doing some great work helping with CS. Well done!

Here's my question. I'm sorry if you've answered it before, but 100 pages of a thread was a bit much to read through. I stopped into my local Kmart today on my lunch break to see what they had in stock and everything was listed at full MSRP. Is the discount taken at register?

#2214 dopehat

dopehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:23 PM

Hey SHC. From what I've seen in as much of this thread I was able to skim it seems like you're doing some great work helping with CS. Well done!

Here's my question. I'm sorry if you've answered it before, but 100 pages of a thread was a bit much to read through. I stopped into my local Kmart today on my lunch break to see what they had in stock and everything was listed at full MSRP. Is the discount taken at register?

Not that I am SHC or anything. But yah discount is taken at the register. Just ask them to scan it for you to check to make sure its rang up right.

#2215 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:26 PM

I don't speak for SHC, but from what I gather following this thread very closely, it seems that for the most part, titles will ring up correctly even if they're not marked the sale price. My local store didn't have the right signage, but it rang up that way when scanned.

Edited by SteveMcQ, 06 May 2010 - 06:27 PM.
What the guy above me said. Tabbed browsing didn't let me see the updated post.

#2216 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:26 PM

I got my copy of :ps3: FFXIII today from BestBuy price matched (after I made them call the Kmart) and was able to use my 25$ in RewardZone GC's, which netted me it for $5.34. Win. Thanks SHC!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the Kmart on Grant Line Rd. in New Albany, Indiana doesn't have any signs up at all, and they had PLENTY of copies of all of the games on both systems.

Edited by xilly, 06 May 2010 - 06:28 PM.
Updated..

Editor - Fatal Hero

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#2217 Kyodan

Kyodan

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:28 PM

Hey SHC-Gamer, just wanna thank you for doing a kick-ass job managing all of this! I was able to get Bayonetta for the 360 from my store after it previously rang up full price. A quick response to my post here and the problem was remedied. Nothing short of spectacular - thanks!

#2218 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:44 PM

Just grabbed FFXIII for 360 for the $30! They had a few in stock, ZERO notification of any sale prices (for ANY of the titles), and it had the $59.99 sticker on it, but it rang up just fine at the right price. I already own it for the PS3 but for this price I had to grab it for the 360 as well. Thanks SHC! If this is what you do for sales now, I'd dare to dream what you could do for black friday! Could this be the year I camp out at a kmart? :O

#2219 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:50 PM

Oh wow, overnight shipping for 99 cents? I'm very impressed / pleased with how smoothly this transaction went over. Thanks so much OP!

KyrieIrvingSig1_zps17eadf84.jpg
:360: Now Playing
:360:
Fallout 3: GOTY (1100/1550), 2014 FIFA World Cup (50/1000)

#2220 iErebus

iErebus

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:50 PM

Thanks for the responses everyone! I'll probably go back in later tonight and pick up Metro. Cheers!