Photo
- - - - -

Nier $45, FFXIII, Bayonetta, AvsP, MW2, Darksiders, Metro 2033 $30 at Kmart 5/4-5/10

• Please log in to reply
2707 replies to this topic

#2461 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:37 PM

oh SHC also don't forget 3D Dot Game Heroes comes out next week also *wink wink, nudge nudge* :P

*edit* apparently I gained the ability to go back in time and quote people's post even before they get posted...weird ha

Don't want to burst your bubble, but no deal on 3D Dot; tried though.

#2462 the_legend_of_drtre

the_legend_of_drtre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:37 PM

1/2 :)

Super street fighter 4 or Tatsonuko vs Capcom and Red Dead confirmed.

#2463 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:38 PM

Super street fighter 4 or Tatsonuko vs Capcom and Red Dead confirmed.

LOL; I love this forum.

#2464 the_legend_of_drtre

the_legend_of_drtre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:41 PM

LOL; I love this forum.

lol.

#2465 jorgebaron

jorgebaron

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

Just ordered FFXIII for PS3 online, haven't received an email confirmation but everything looked fine

#2466 aces888

aces888

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:02 PM

I'm a collector and just want to know if the games sold online were from factory fresh boxes?

#2467 chrollo

chrollo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:02 PM

somebody needs to give lost planet 2 a nice deal ;)

#2468 Shimmerz

Shimmerz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:12 PM

RDR already has a bunch of good offers so I cant really see them offering much on that. As for LP2 the deals out there arent that good and the reviews are even worse so I can see a good sale on that.

#2469 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:15 PM

The one Kmart in my area has multiple copies of every game onsale. I picked up FFXIII. Fort Pierce, Fla.

#2470 Jerajdai

Jerajdai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:20 PM

This thread has been killing me all week - finally broke down and ordered MW2 to add back to my collection. Let's hope the 'hide prices on packing slip' option works so my spouse doesn't see how much I spent. I foresee another "I buy too many games" argument in my near future....even so, can't wait to see what next week's deals are. Would definitely bite on a Red Dead deal....

#2471 weaponomega2x

weaponomega2x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:25 PM

Price matched FFXIII and Darksiders at Best Buy yesterday - had to switch out phones for the wife - and with my $15 RZ Certificate, it came to $48.13! Very nice!!

#2472 robodaddyo

robodaddyo

is not a scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:29 PM

You're on here on a saturday helping people.

Awesome man.

Yeah. As has been stated many times before, this guy is going way above the "Kmart call of duty" and providing everyone with some excellent service. I really hope that Kmart corporate sees the turnout because of these deals and continues to try and gain our business.

#2473 Duke

Duke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:32 PM

Price matched FFXIII and Darksiders at Best Buy yesterday - had to switch out phones for the wife - and with my $15 RZ Certificate, it came to $48.13! Very nice!!

What a fucking douche....

#2474 the_legend_of_drtre

the_legend_of_drtre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:33 PM

stop talking about price matching in this thread.

#2475 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:47 PM

Just bought FF13 for PS3 online; just as promised by SHC-Gamer, it restocked this weekend! Thanks man! My Nier PS3 already shipped too. :D
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#2476 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:45 PM

LOL; I love this forum.

Ah thanks for trying though. It's still only 40 dollars normally which is a hell of a deal. I'll prob buy it at kmart now to help encourage sales and future gaming deals ;)

#2477 nondual

nondual

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:45 PM

I picked up Darksiders and FFXIII on hour one of day one of the sale - everyone was clueless about the deal, but I got the price..

Just went back today for CoDMW2 - STILL no one knows about the deal, but they had a ton of every game that's on sale. FOUR DAYS into the sale....clerk is still clueless about it (but friendly)...

Then I saw they had Skate 3 out - tried to buy it, but the computer foiled me :(

#2478 Penguin1084

Penguin1084

The Disney Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

tried to get in on FF13 for 360 but failed.

I got to the store, went back to electronics and nobody was there. I waited a few minutes and someone finally came to the electronics area and I asked him if he had FF13 for 360, and he insisted that it was in the back room but would take him an hour and a half to two hours to find it, and that I should just go buy it from Gamestop down the road. WTF? I explained to him that it was on sale at Kmart and that's why I wanted to buy it there. I guess he didn't hear me so then he insisted that Best Buy would also have the game. I repeated myself, saying that it's on sale for $30 at HIS STORE. So he told me to hold on, ran up to the front, and came back. He said "We definitely don't have it for PS3, but we have it for 360" (I guess he checked a computer of some sort?), so he told me to call back in about an hour and that he would look for the game. I left the store, rather pissed from the whole thing and how he put stocking shelves over a sale. I called back about an hour later, asked for the guy, got him on the phone, as soon as I told him he immediately snapped back and said "Dude I just looked and we don't have it" in such a "leave me the Fuck alone" tone, so I hung up.

Wish I had a bit better of an experience, but oh well. I might make a trip to another Kmart nearby, but I was left with a very bitter taste from the visit I made today..

541460_10200940885341320_940060124_n.jpg

#2479 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:15 PM

I got to the store, went back to electronics and nobody was there. I waited a few minutes and someone finally came to the electronics area and I asked him if he had FF13 for 360, and he insisted that it was in the back room but would take him an hour and a half to two hours to find it, and that I should just go buy it from Gamestop down the road. WTF? I explained to him that it was on sale at Kmart and that's why I wanted to buy it there. I guess he didn't hear me so then he insisted that Best Buy would also have the game. I repeated myself, saying that it's on sale for $30 at HIS STORE. So he told me to hold on, ran up to the front, and came back. He said "We definitely don't have it for PS3, but we have it for 360" (I guess he checked a computer of some sort?), so he told me to call back in about an hour and that he would look for the game. I left the store, rather pissed from the whole thing and how he put stocking shelves over a sale. I called back about an hour later, asked for the guy, got him on the phone, as soon as I told him he immediately snapped back and said "Dude I just looked and we don't have it" in such a "leave me the Fuck alone" tone, so I hung up.

Wish I had a bit better of an experience, but oh well. I might make a trip to another Kmart nearby, but I was left with a very bitter taste from the visit I made today..

Wow, i hope SHC reads your post. That's fucking ridiculous.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2480 SovietSlayer

SovietSlayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:20 PM

Did you ask for the manager?

#2481 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:29 PM

Even though I know not every employee in B&M stores are douchebags like this guy, it's experiences like this why I simply buy online nowadays.

#2482 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:31 PM

Even though I know not every employee in B&M stores are douchebags like this guy, it's experiences like this why I simply buy online nowadays.

Same here. Because even if it's 1 time out of 100, that's 1 time too many. you don't need the hassle.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2483 chrollo

chrollo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:32 PM

thats why i like my kmart the electronics area always has women working there and they never act like douche bags

#2484 LouieDiesel

LouieDiesel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:47 PM

Just left the Kmart in Elizabethtown, KY. Picked up FFXIII which was still marked 59.99, but rang up at the sale price. They still had about 6 copies of FF for PS3, and even more for the 360. The lady working electronics was super helpful and friendly, I may have to start shopping at Kmart more often, thanks SHC!

I probably spend more time on CheapAssGamer than I do actually playing games.....which is kinda sad

#2485 Tubulkane

Tubulkane

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:14 PM

Just got FF 13...thanks for the post!

#2486 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:13 PM

I couldn't resist AvP at $30 today. Different Kmart. No signage but rang up just fine.

Maybe store managers are reading SHC's emails now.

Ees7Y.jpg

#2487 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:18 PM

Jdeane@searshc.com

Cut and paste your story and email it to him (since he probably doesn't check CAG on the weekends since I assume he has the weekend off)... people that act the way the employee did definitely need to get reprimanded (or even fired) and SHC needs to know that his killer sales are still being impeded by idiots at the store level.

Edited by animalspinners, 09 May 2010 - 01:37 AM.

#2488 Penguin1084

Penguin1084

The Disney Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:19 PM

Did you ask for the manager?

I didn't. I was in a bit of a rush so I didn't have the time to.

I plan on pming SHC so that he reads about my experience.

EDIT:

Thanks animalspinners. emailing him now.

EDIT2:

sent the email.

541460_10200940885341320_940060124_n.jpg

#2489 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:51 PM

Yea the guy at my K-Mart was very nice i had went to the video section noone was there and then i go to the register see a lady come and says if we needed help and i said yea called the guy over there came and got my game FF13 while he rang it up saying how good of a good game it is and that he had it for PS3 he was really nice thanks gosh i didnt run into a douche

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#2490 deathmetal

deathmetal

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:58 PM

This has probably been mentioned before but sorry I don't have the patience to read through all 125 pages of previous posts. Kmart will issue a rain check for the sale price if they are out of stock.

I went to their store in San Mateo, CA today and they were out of the PS3 version of FFXIII. The sales clerk in the electronics section was very helpful and offered the rain check without me even asking. I was lucky enough to snag the last copy of Bayonetta for 360!