Photo
- - - - -

Nier $45, FFXIII, Bayonetta, AvsP, MW2, Darksiders, Metro 2033 $30 at Kmart 5/4-5/10

• Please log in to reply
2707 replies to this topic

#2581 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:46 PM

When did you guys order? I ordered clear back on Wednesday, and I've long since assumed Kmart just randomly decided not to put the order through, and not to bother telling me.

I ordered Metro and AvP at about the same time, but separate orders. Metro turned up the next day but AvP hasn't been shipped out or anything. I got email confirmations for both so it seems a bit hit and miss.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#2582 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:54 PM

When did you guys order? I ordered clear back on Wednesday, and I've long since assumed Kmart just randomly decided not to put the order through, and not to bother telling me.

I ordered this past Saturday. I'm not sure what is going on exactly. I printed off the order numbers and my email is correct so I do not see any reason why there has been no email confirmation. My card has already been charged, so I hope to see something from KMart soon.

#2583 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:54 PM

Darn. I didn't even get an email :-/
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#2584 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:58 PM

Did everyone who ordered Bayonetta for Xbox 360 receive the wall scroll?

I ordered Bayonetta for the Xbox 360 Tuesday night and my order just showed up. It did, indeed, have the wallscroll with it. If you ordered it early, there's a fair chance you'll receive it too.8-)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#2585 Jerajdai

Jerajdai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:23 PM

SHC, when are you posting the next set of deals? Dying to see what you guys are planning for Alan Wake!

#2586 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:35 PM

*sigh* I just want THESE deals :-/

If they do do more deals, I'm not trying to order online again.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#2587 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:49 PM

has anyone tried buying these games at K-Mart for the $30 price tag and then returning them at Wal-Mart for a $60-per-title refund?

#2588 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:49 PM

has anyone tried buying these games at K-Mart for the $30 price tag and then returning them at Wal-Mart for a $60-per-title refund?

Return fraud.

seanr1221.png

#2589 Mikocouch

Mikocouch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:50 PM

WTB hints on how much Alan Wake will be!

#2590 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

Innocent until proven guilty. If paying with cash...fat chance of finding any proof. But, it looks like Wal-Mart only offers cash refunds if it is under $25...store credit otherwise.

#2591 hpv

hpv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:06 PM

I ordered Metro and AvP at about the same time, but separate orders. Metro turned up the next day but AvP hasn't been shipped out or anything. I got email confirmations for both so it seems a bit hit and miss.

Do you know if the Order Details page ever got updated on the order you received? I got in a FFXIII order on Friday, and got the confirmation, but kind of expected to see some sort of status information on the order but there isn't any.

#2592 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:07 PM

Innocent until proven guilty. If paying with cash...fat chance of finding any proof. But, it looks like Wal-Mart only offers cash refunds if it is under $25...store credit otherwise.

There is almost no way they'll find out. But it's a douche practice and others here will give you crap for it.

#2593 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:09 PM

Damn! Onto the next scam, amiright?

#2594 the_legend_of_drtre

the_legend_of_drtre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:07 PM

karma bitch.

#2595 Kenage

Kenage

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:11 PM

Just got an email from SHC. He sent me a tracking code so hopefull it gets sent soon. I tried to track it but it might be too soon for it to show up. Thanks for the great work SHC!

I did not get a email confirmation from K-Mart so it hopefully everyone else who did not get one will also get the order sent out from K-Mart. Great time for us gamers with sales like this from K-Mart.

#2596 PikaPichu

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:21 PM

There is almost no way they'll find out. But it's a douche practice and others here will give you crap for it.

It depends how far authorities are willing to go to catch him. It can't be that difficult to find his real name and location with help from this forum's admins and cross reference it with all the returns-with-no-receipts for a specific game at the local WM locations. Once those records are found, they can cross reference the date and time for the returns with footage from their security cameras to obtain further proof with a pic and video of the crime in action. If I remember correctly, returns with no receipt usually require a photo ID, usually a driver's license, with the person's current address. That can be used to find where he or she lives. Using that and a little more info, I'm sure they can find out when and where the title(s) were purchased at KMart. From there, it can't be too difficult for lawyers to establish a connection. Sadly, WM likely won't pursue people like that because it was cost them too much time and money. Just saying.

edit: Wished I jumped on this deal sooner. I wanted FFXIII, but they were sold out at my location. :(

#2597 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:24 PM

Ordered FFXIII Tuesday night, received on Friday. Kudos to Kmart for the fast processing and shipping. Definitely have my attention when they do more deals.

#2598 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:29 PM

It depends how far authorities are willing to go to catch him. It can't be that difficult to find his real name and location with help from this forum's admins and cross reference it with all the returns-with-no-receipts for a specific game at the local WM locations. Once those records are found, they can cross reference the date and time for the returns with footage from their security cameras to obtain further proof with a pic and video of the crime in action. If I remember correctly, returns with no receipt usually require a photo ID, usually a driver's license, with the person's current address. That can be used to find where he or she lives. Using that and a little more info, I'm sure they can find out when and where the title(s) were purchased at KMart. From there, it can't be too difficult for lawyers to establish a connection. Sadly, WM likely won't pursue people like that because it was cost them too much time and money. Just saying.

edit: Wished I jumped on this deal sooner. I wanted FFXIII, but they were sold out at my location. :(

No, but if a person goes in and returns a game here or there without a receipt they won't. Most people just say they got it as a gift and they already have it. Then Walmart gives them instore credit. The person might tip them off if he makes a big deal about wanting cash, but a person just receiving the store credit to use in their store isn't going to tip them off. Because chances are they'll sell the game again, especially if it's a relatively new title.

It's still fraud, but anyone who's going to try it with like 10 of the same copies deserves to get in trouble. But the small time person who only does one copy like once a year isn't going to get in trouble. It's just a dishonest thing to do.

#2599 ludwigfrech

ludwigfrech

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:29 PM

SHC it would be a great final sale day if FF XIII returns to stock on line... or it's definitely out?

#2600 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:41 PM

Wished I jumped on this deal sooner. I wanted FFXIII, but they were sold out at my location. :(

Try to get a rain check although it is a bit YMMV on whether they'll give you one or not. Bring in a print out of SHC-Gamer's blog to increase your chances!

#2601 L0sther0

L0sther0

Pick me Pick me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:50 PM

I don't know if others have posted or tried this but my Best Buy Price matched all the games
Posted Image

#2602 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:06 PM

I don't know if others have posted or tried this but my Best Buy Price matched all the games

You have a nice BB, the one around here won't do it, and they are rude. I won't even go to BB anymore.

#2603 XClaude

XClaude

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:28 PM

SHC it would be a great final sale day if FF XIII returns to stock on line... or it's definitely out?

How are you accessing online video game section? It kept giving me page not found.

EDIT: answered my own question... you have to perform a search for the item it seems...

#2604 Pinoygamer

Pinoygamer

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:28 PM

Got my bayonetta (ps3) with scroll today which I ordered last week so I am hoping everyone gets there's as well.

On a side note: I also ordered FFXIII for my brother last week friday and did not received shipping info. I emailed them early today as I am concerned and they responded back with ups tracking and should be here tomorrow. You should try emailing kmart.

Thanks SHC!

-Brian

#2605 obeast

obeast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:37 PM

Just got back from my local K-Mart with a copy of FFXIII (360) in tow. The clerk had trouble getting the case open, but that was the biggest issue of the trip. They had a few copies left, so I don't think a lot of people in my area know about this sale. :P

#2606 ludwigfrech

ludwigfrech

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

it's not possible to acces video game section from the main page you'll need to use the liks at the main page of the tread

#2607 nondual

nondual

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

If KMart keeps this up, I'd much rather give THEM my money than Best Buy - the clerks are clueless, but they are very courteous.

Best Buy is just evil, IMHO, YMMV.

#2608 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:09 PM

Got my bayonetta (ps3) with scroll today which I ordered last week so I am hoping everyone gets there's as well.

On a side note: I also ordered FFXIII for my brother last week friday and did not received shipping info. I emailed them early today as I am concerned and they responded back with ups tracking and should be here tomorrow. You should try emailing kmart.

Thanks SHC!

-Brian

How did it take for them to get back to you? I'll probably email them myself since I still haven't received an email confirmation for FFXIII or Bayonetta for PS3.

#2609 xdudeboy

xdudeboy

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:07 PM

Went to two Kmarts here in San diego. The E. H St. one was completely out of FF13 for both consoles, but the san ysidro kmart had a few PS3 versions in stock... All the other games were a plenty
i lika do da cha cha

#2610 arnoldhead

arnoldhead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

Why are there two listings for PS3 MW2 with the discount only being applied to the one that's out of stock? I've been trying to get in on this deal but between asshat managers and a broken website, Kmart is really making it difficult.