Photo
- - - - -

Nier $45, FFXIII, Bayonetta, AvsP, MW2, Darksiders, Metro 2033 $30 at Kmart 5/4-5/10

• Please log in to reply
2707 replies to this topic

#241 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:06 PM

Great deal on FF13. Too bad I already have it. Now if only the sale applied for Heavy Rain or Yakuza 3. Kmart is really stepping it up nowadays.

#242 pigeon12

pigeon12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:12 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I will pick up FF13 if they have any in stock on 5/4.

#243 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:11 PM

Great deal on FF13. Too bad I already have it. Now if only the sale applied for Heavy Rain or Yakuza 3. Kmart is really stepping it up nowadays.

Another vote for Yakuza 3.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#244 rentacop

rentacop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:25 PM

If anything good has come of the end of semester chaos it was me not being able to run to EB to buy Nier before seeing this deal. Just Cause 2 was a great deal at $45 and I hope Nier is just as good a game.

#245 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:29 PM

I was going to purchase Nier yesterday but I will hold off and get it from K-Mart now :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#246 mivan83

mivan83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:43 PM

hope they can work out free shipping, the closest kmart is over an hour away, really want to get ff13

Edited by mivan83, 28 April 2010 - 08:39 PM.

#247 FracturedMirror

FracturedMirror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

Kmart's having some great deals. Thanks for the info SHC-Gamer!

Nice blog, btw. Look forward to finding out the THQ and Activision spotlight deals.

#248 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:03 PM

"hardly a deal" for those who missed it on sale for 360. I don't think it has been that price, new, for PS3 though.

I'll be getting Bayonetta for PS3 at $30.

I was talking about the PS3 version, too.

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#249 the_legend_of_drtre

the_legend_of_drtre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:29 PM

posted on ign ps3 lobby. keep them deals coming op!

To fellow CAGS.

Please buy these FROM KMART instead of pm'ing at BB.

#250 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:39 PM

Unless you've only got a PS3, get Bayonetta on the 360... PS3 version is not nearly as good, and this is coming from personal experience as well as the various articles made about Sega dropping the ball on it.

#251 killa5k7

killa5k7

Ashita ga aru sa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:53 PM

Heck yeah, going for FF13 PS3. Was waiting on a price drop. So that makes me getting it and the Limited Edition guide for the same price everyone got it for on release day! I was going to wait for dirt cheap due to reviews but at that price I will try it out myself. Man, why can't Wal-Mart clearance and make game sales like this as well. My local Kmart is shabby but I love that they give people chances on videogame sales and clearances.

Edited by killa5k7, 28 April 2010 - 08:54 PM.
Note

#252 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

So I assume all the copies of FFXIII will be bought up over the next few days and returned\rebought for a $30 refund on the 4th?

#253 Myv

Myv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

Unless you've only got a PS3, get Bayonetta on the 360... PS3 version is not nearly as good, and this is coming from personal experience as well as the various articles made about Sega dropping the ball on it.

they patched Bayonetta for the PS3 so you can install it on your HDD, runs smoothly now

#254 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

So I assume all the copies of FFXIII will be bought up over the next few days and returned\rebought for a $30 refund on the 4th?

Ummm, no. There should be plenty available on the 4th.

#255 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:04 PM

they patched Bayonetta for the PS3 so you can install it on your HDD, runs smoothly now

The load times are better, but the framerate and graphics / textures are still considerably worse on the PS3 version.

I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything stupid (seeing as how I own both systems) but the definitive version is 360, similar to how the definitive FF 13 is PS3... just making sure those who own both systems know before they buy. Either game is still worth getting if you only have one system, in any event.

#256 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

The graphical differences is pure nit-picking. They're not noticeable unless you put the two side by side. They're both mediocre games anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#257 afredmiller

afredmiller

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:24 PM

I will definitely be picking up a copy of Bayonetta next week. I have been waiting on it to go down in price. Unfortunately, I missed the Splinter Cell Conviction deal, though. Keep up the good work.

#258 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:33 PM

The load times are better, but the framerate and graphics / textures are still considerably worse on the PS3 version.

I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything stupid (seeing as how I own both systems) but the definitive version is 360, similar to how the definitive FF 13 is PS3... just making sure those who own both systems know before they buy. Either game is still worth getting if you only have one system, in any event.

What this man says is true.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#259 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:42 PM

Another +1 for the truth.
So pissed I bought FF XIII at full price :(

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#260 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:16 PM

This is truly an awesome community. I can't wait to keep more deals coming for you all.

I am still working on the free shipping for online, just didn't want to have a day go by without providing an update.

#261 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:24 PM

i agree- i understand why you would price match at BB (reward points) but if you don't buy it at Kmart, these deals go away.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#262 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:40 PM

Looking forward to FFXIII. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#263 inanim8

inanim8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:40 PM

This is truly an awesome community. I can't wait to keep more deals coming for you all.

I am still working on the free shipping for online, just didn't want to have a day go by without providing an update.

You do that. Save me some gas money too. :D

#264 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:48 PM

Another +1 for the truth.
So pissed I bought FF XIII at full price :(

Well, I look at it like this -

I bought FF 13 for full price, but already put about 70 hours into it and moved on to other releases, so I got my $60 out of it.

If I only put in a handful of hours though, I'd probably be pissed, no doubt.

#265 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:50 PM

Free shipping would seal the deal, thanks for the update.

#266 graf1k

graf1k

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:51 PM

God, at that price I almost have to buy FFXIII. Waiting on reviews of Nier though. It looks like it has potential, but the developer's last couple games have me a little worried.

#267 DemiFiendRSA

DemiFiendRSA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:22 PM

I would had jumped on FFXIII for that price if I hadn't owned it already. Hope to see deals like this for other upcoming games! Keep up the good work, SHC-Gamer!
Save $5 off your first purchase at glyde.com

#268 gravel

gravel

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:23 PM

If I didn't already have FF XIII I'd be all over this. These are awesome deals, keep it up! If you're looking for more feedback on deals we'd like to see put in another vote for Heavy Rain, Yakuza 3, and Monster Hunter Tri!

#269 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:32 PM

God, at that price I almost have to buy FFXIII. Waiting on reviews of Nier though. It looks like it has potential, but the developer's last couple games have me a little worried.

It's not bullet witch bad, it's not...uh 90% good, I guess. Love the voice work and banter betwen weiss and nier. Graphics sure are something "only a mother could love". Honestly it's not awful, just looks like HD ps2: i.e. low res texture and aliasing. Yeah I know, how could you say that ISN'T awful, I guess I like the tone and wish the rest could be better. Nier controls very well. His run is fast, can dodge mid combo and the spells(only have like two so far) are fun to use. Combo'ing is a one button mash fest though. Well, you do have another button that kind of shoulders/stuns an enemy. I'm sure a bit more will be added as I get farther in. Fantastic soundtrack, absolutely fantastic.

I'm a few hours in and while it obviously isn't going to win any GOTYs, I don't actually dislike anything about it so far. Be sure you're looking for something familiar, but a little different.

#270 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:35 PM

nice!
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214