Photo
- - - - -

Target Clearance Thread XVII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4298 replies to this topic

#4291 karmastorm

karmastorm

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:22 AM

Picked up the last PS3 GH5 bundle on the shelf at the Tustin (CA) Target for $22.48. Great deal for an extra guitar for Rock Band. Hat tip to whoever spotted this markdown first.

#4292 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:18 AM

I saw the Halo Reach wireless headset on a rack marked $19.99. I know it's not on clearance but you think they would honor that price since it's clearly on the the rack that says $20? Anyone have any luck with this kind of price mistake

Oh snap. I'm gonna have to check on that tomorrow.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#4293 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:39 AM

I saw the Halo Reach wireless headset on a rack marked $19.99. I know it's not on clearance but you think they would honor that price since it's clearly on the the rack that says $20? Anyone have any luck with this kind of price mistake

I'm gonna say it's pretty doubtful, unless it has an actual tag on it with a 19.99 price.
Posted Image

#4294 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:47 AM

My store just WILL NOT BUDGE from $44! It would seem some idiot bought one (there was two) at that price, or somebody hid it. Either way $44 is a joke because I remember seeing it on sale for less then that about 8 or 9 months ago. If it drops to $22 at my store finally it's definitely a buy...but with my luck somebody will get to it before me.

Based on the pricetags on my GH5 bundle, it dropped straight from 30% to 75% off, never even hit the 50% off price point here. Probably because they wanted the shelf space for RB3 (and that Power Gig game they are actually carrying), so they seem to be pushing them out this week.

#4295 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:00 AM

picked up attack of pearl harbor :pc: 4.48 and Dangerous Waters :pc: 2.48
:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#4296 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:12 AM

My store just WILL NOT BUDGE from $44! It would seem some idiot bought one (there was two) at that price, or somebody hid it. Either way $44 is a joke because I remember seeing it on sale for less then that about 8 or 9 months ago. If it drops to $22 at my store finally it's definitely a buy...but with my luck somebody will get to it before me.

Did it actually scan that price?

The GH5 bundle I bought was labeled $62, but rang up $22 when I checked the price.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#4297 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:13 AM

Picked up Zoo Tycoon 2 $5, Prototype (PS3) $15, Silent Hill (Wii) $20 and WWE vs Raw 2010 (PS3) $15 - $15 (Free Game) under $40 plus taxes :)
"Evil is Funs"

#4298 josekortez

josekortez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:33 PM

Also, the employee's are getting crafty with thier hiding spots <_<. Noticed that 2 copies of Borderlands had went missing, and upon closer inspection i saw them neatly hidden behind the Nintendo DS's in the DS case.

Thankfully, no hiding at my local Target. In fact, the girl who works at the electronics counter looks at me with disdain every time I buy clearance games there. It's almost as if she thinks I'm too old to be buying them or something.

#4299 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:46 PM

Well guys, there is a new clearance thread. I loved running this and took pride in my work, but I've found that pride is now gone. This is due partly in my lack of time to regularly work in the thread, but it's due to burnout of falling behind, having to read 30-50 pages, and realizing that this work wasn't getting me anywhere (I am selfish just like any person)

Anyway, best of luck to our new OP. Maybe one day I can return to running this thread. I feel sentimental even though it's just a thread...
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.