Photo
- - - - -

Target Clearance Thread XVII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4298 replies to this topic

#211 jwlowry

jwlowry

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:00 PM

Not really a game find, but I came across a few Philips 2-way HDMI switches for $12.xx. I've been on the lookout for a cheap one for one of my bedroom TV's and finally found one that wasn't grossly overpriced.

#212 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:26 PM

Was it an Austin or Houston location? I remember Vyse saying to give him a heads up if anyone found some around that price here in Houston.

Austin. Gf sent me a txt asking if I thought that was a good price and my niece is having a b-day comming up and I know she wanted it at some point so I had her snag 2 of em. Believe she said there were 2 or 3 left.

http://www.cheapassg...trade-gone-bad/

Heroes.jpg
I dont trade out of the US anymore!!!!!!!

#213 htown01

htown01

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:09 PM

Austin. Gf sent me a txt asking if I thought that was a good price and my niece is having a b-day comming up and I know she wanted it at some point so I had her snag 2 of em. Believe she said there were 2 or 3 left.

Okay, thanks Will :)

#214 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:54 PM

Not really a game find, but I came across a few Philips 2-way HDMI switches for $12.xx. I've been on the lookout for a cheap one for one of my bedroom TV's and finally found one that wasn't grossly overpriced.

I've got a Phillips 3-way HDMI switch that I found on clearance at Target last year. Works like a charm. I'd recommend one to anyone who has an older HDTV with only one HDMI input.

#215 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:57 PM

Okay, thanks Will :)

Did any Houston Targets have Fable II PH lower than 20.98?

http://www.cheapassg...trade-gone-bad/

Heroes.jpg
I dont trade out of the US anymore!!!!!!!

#216 Runengun

Runengun

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

:ps3: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue $7.48

#217 htown01

htown01

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:18 PM

Did any Houston Targets have Fable II PH lower than 20.98?

Unfortunately, no :cry: The Targets I go to in the Southeast/west area (~4) still have them at $29.xx. I always scan them and I am always disappointed to see that price.

I'm going to check the prices tonight again for GTA IV: ELC and Fable II PH. If you find any of those at clearance prices in Houston, please give me a heads up 8-)

#218 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:39 PM

Calif. Woman Goes On Stabbing Spree At Target

Off-Duty Sheriff's Deputy Clay Grant Credited With Stopping Assailant

Link: http://cbs4.com/nati....2.1672681.html

Be safe out there checking on your deals.

This is actually my local Target. Three blocks from my house. A very strange and disturbing situation.

#219 fshaia

fshaia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:50 PM

Some one should have picked up a baseball bat and ended this sooner

#220 autopiloton

autopiloton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:00 PM

Some one should have picked up a baseball bat and ended this sooner

You'd be surprised at how people just panic and do nothing in extraordinary situations. Very few people logically react to stuff like this.

Reminds me of a time when I was in the city and someone got hit by a car. I immediately ran over, called 911 and kept a few people from moving the person. The amount of people that just stood there in a frozen panic was ridiculous.
:ps3: :wii: :360: :psp: :ds: :xbox: :ps2: :gc: :pc:

#221 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

:ps3: Band Hero Bundle $44.98

:360: Off-brand component cables $5.37 (no optical port like the Microsoft component cable:bomb:)

Posted Image

#222 Vysion

Vysion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:58 PM

Target at Brier Creek RTP NC has updated to the new chained plastic cases. Not a bad thing in my mind as I like to see the item description. The clearance endcap was still in effect. No real games but Wii Speak was knocked down to $7.48 like elsewhere. There was a Mad Catz wired microphone with internal X360 controller for the same price. If I knew for certain that it would work as a standard USB controller usable for the Wii, I'd probably get it. However I'd guess the internal X360 controller aspect would interfere. There was also a lot of Psyclone PSP accessories around 75% off. I'd have gotten the PSP "case/earphones/charger/glare shield/screen protectors" bundle for $4.98 if I didn't already have it all from a different manufacturer.
Vysion, that's vision with one i

#223 aleraiders

aleraiders

2 PS4's in 2 HRS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:10 PM

You'd be surprised at how people just panic and do nothing in extraordinary situations. Very few people logically react to stuff like this.

Reminds me of a time when I was in the city and someone got hit by a car. I immediately ran over, called 911 and kept a few people from moving the person. The amount of people that just stood there in a frozen panic was ridiculous.

that is so true, people think what there actually seeing isnt real, like its a movie or something, im not going lie, i sometimes have to snap out of it to:drool:

Don't you just love it when stupid people think you're stupid.....

#224 kodos64

kodos64

Hokie4Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:04 PM

Target at Brier Creek RTP NC has updated to the new chained plastic cases. Not a bad thing in my mind as I like to see the item description. The clearance endcap was still in effect. No real games but Wii Speak was knocked down to $7.48 like elsewhere. There was a Mad Catz wired microphone with internal X360 controller for the same price. If I knew for certain that it would work as a standard USB controller usable for the Wii, I'd probably get it. However I'd guess the internal X360 controller aspect would interfere. There was also a lot of Psyclone PSP accessories around 75% off. I'd have gotten the PSP "case/earphones/charger/glare shield/screen protectors" bundle for $4.98 if I didn't already have it all from a different manufacturer.

good luck getting anything from that target. i have witnessed first hand 3 different hoarders completely clearing out the clearance section. unfortunately i'm too cheap/stupid to quit trying because i work very nearby but i haven't gotten anything good on clearance from there in quite a while.

#225 IronsideGrunt

IronsideGrunt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:16 PM

Yeah no kidding.

I was once on I-75 about a quarter mile away from an SUV that over turned right in front of everyone.

A few people stopped, including me.

HOWEVER, the other people just stopped to look as if this was reality TV or something.

Someone was saying they smelled gasoline blah blah blah.

In any case I was the one to call the Hwy Patrol and stayed with the person (calming them down) until authorities/fire dept. got there. Had there been any real danger of explosion, I would've been the only one getting that driver out of the car because everyone else was just staring into space.

#226 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:25 PM

Hey Shadow, the cable that came with that kit is a 6ft hdmi. Haven't tried it but I'm sure it's fine. I personally use the $1-2 cables from amazon without any issues. It either works or it doesn't with these cables.

#227 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:27 PM

that is so true, people think what there actually seeing isnt real, like its a movie or something, im not going lie, i sometimes have to snap out of it to:drool:

Part of me thinks i'd go all ninja badass on her but in reality, I probably wouldve just chucked a clearance indiana jones lego set at her and ran.

Crazy people scare me. They don't fight by the rules and god knows what diseases this woman has in her bloodstream. And this woman is absolutely batshit crazy.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#228 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

Throw Midol and chocolate and Twilight DVDs at her.

Ssssssssssssssssssssssexism!

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#229 Wazootyman

Wazootyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:18 PM

Things like that are always fun for Target team members to read... :shock:

#230 melon-juice

melon-juice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:45 PM

sweet.. finally scored band hero for 45 bucks... althoguh i wish it was the wii version.. is the clearance price only for ps3 ver?

CML - brand new xbox 360 - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=254004

#231 BmBoWnZ

BmBoWnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:01 PM

:ps3: Band Hero Bundle $44.98 (2 diff stores)
:psp: Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 $9.99
:360: Beatles Rock Band $19.99

Posted Image

#232 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:31 PM

Finally scored a Band Hero PS3 Bundle! :D
Also found a PSP 2000 screen guard/bumper guard for $4.08. :)

Just gotta keep checking my local Targets until they clearance out the stacks of Prototype, LEGO Rock Band, Beatles Rock Band, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 they have for PS3 collecting dust in the plastic prison.
Posted Image

#233 downsouthtigger

downsouthtigger

War Eagle!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:50 PM

Mostly PSP games on sale around me

:psp:
Lego Indiana Jones was 9.xx, but gone now
Final Fantasy 7.xx
GTA: Vice city stories 4.xx
WALL-E 4.xx

:360:
Beatles Rock Band (game only) 19.xx

Assorted :ps2: games around 9.xx-14.xx

Someone got the :ps3: HDMI Cables but they had the 6 ft usb cables for 5.xx.

Got Final fantasy and Vice sity stories, so I may play my psp again....maybe.

Oh and tons of gum! Stride, orbit and eclipse all kinds of flavors from 0.48 to 0.69 cents. Mango Melon tic tacs for the same price too!

card.pngfs_overall.png

#234 guinness7

guinness7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:59 PM

I got a band hero for 44.98 for :ps3:. They had a bunch of beatles rock band for the :360:. My store still has an end cap even with the new set up.

#235 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:13 PM

:ps2: DJ Hero 19.98
DS Shovel ware and PS2 shovel ware.
:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#236 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:16 PM

I think it may have to do with the shock of something being so unexpected and out of place. I have assisted injured people in accidents, etc...but in this circumstance, I think it probably happened so fast that nobody would have known what to do other than the off-duty sheriff's deputy who responded quickly and prevented her from doing more damage. It's also a fairly small store with fairly tight rows and it's hard to see what's going on just a few aisles down, so who knows what would have happened if someone other than the sheriff had tried to stop her. It could have actually been worse.

#237 hordak

hordak

Rockin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:00 PM

:psp: GTA: VC $4.98
:psp: Iron Man $4.98
:ps3: Band Hero $44.98

Picked up Band Hero because I understand that the drums have MIDI out. Until I find out for sure, I'm sitting on this box! :D

#238 elyfant422

elyfant422

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:22 PM

Burbank, IL had Dissidia Final Fantasy for $20.98 on clearance. About 7 or 8 there. Not that big of a deal but cheaper than anywhere else.

#239 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:57 AM

For those of you who have been trying to track down one of those Acer 21.5" monitors, I can confirm there are now two different models in play. The old one, now on clearance, is 080-00-0167. The new one, showing up in stores now, is 080-00-1049. That one is at the same $159.99 price point, but this one does NOT include an HDMI input, so it's actually a downgrade from the clearance model.

Also, it looks like Los Hoardos pretty much cleaned out one of my local stores that was a virtual goldmine last week (not so much for games, but for other random electronics). There were empty shelves all on two different endcaps plus the four-foot annex of regular shelving around the corner from the one endcap. Completely wiped out now, except for one potentially interesting item for any PS3 owners, one :ps3: Band Hero full kit, for 75% off, I think $44.xx.

#240 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:22 AM

For those of you who have been trying to track down one of those Acer 21.5" monitors, I can confirm there are now two different models in play. The old one, now on clearance, is 080-00-0167. The new one, showing up in stores now, is 080-00-1049. That one is at the same $159.99 price point, but this one does NOT include an HDMI input, so it's actually a downgrade from the clearance model.

I noticed that and mentioned it as soon as I realized the new model was a downgrade. I also mentioned the DPCI for it, but as of the last time I checked the post with the list in it it was not listed in there.

Here's the page on Target.com for the clearance monitor(again)in the event anyone wants to check their local area to see if any are showing as in stock: http://www.target.co...17&searchPage=1

If you all don't mind a display model, you should check the monitors on display and see if the one there is the old or new model and don't be afraid to ask for a manager and try to haggle a shopworn 10% discount on top of the clearance price.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image