Photo
- - - - -

CAGFC (UFC 2010 League) - 9/25/10 - CAGFC25: MELTDOWN (fights due by 9/30)

• Please log in to reply
649 replies to this topic

#31 seen

seen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:04 PM

I'm interested in being in CAGFC again; hopefully they'll drop the msrp during release week so its cheaper. Can I be Kimbo again (he isn't in the UFC anyway) if I run through career mode with him?

#32 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:28 PM

I was going to contact you on XBL about this since I saw that you hadn't logged into the board in months.

I don't see a price drop, but that $10 credit at Amazon is enticing.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#33 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

I'm interested in being in CAGFC again; hopefully they'll drop the msrp during release week so its cheaper. Can I be Kimbo again (he isn't in the UFC anyway) if I run through career mode with him?

If you want to make a Heavyweight and name him Kimbo Slice, I guess that's fine. He is in the game though, so at some point in your career, you'll be fighting yourself, lol. I'm going to wait until the game is out so I can do some reading and research to see if we need to set up any ratings caps or anything.

#34 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:04 AM

I meant to do this a while ago, but I'm going back to get all the achievements for UFC 2009, except the online ones. The 1 online achievement I'm going for is to get a flash KO in a ranked match. I on;y played 7 ranked matches and only won 3, so I never did achieve that. I figure I'll keep going either till I get it, or till I get to 10 tries, then I'll give up.

I'm also going for the "fight 1 bout with every fighter" achievement. 10 more to go. I was doing it on expert before and making my own rule that I had to win. I'm sticking with that now. Expert is still very easy for me, even though the second difficulty on the new demo is tough.

The other offline achievements include "Wax Off" and the "submit an opponent from the gassed state" ones. I'm about to try for the second. "Wax Off" sucks, though. While I do like using the shine to take people down better than I do button mashing, this is going to be painful. Then there's winning a belt in every weight class, which takes 10 fights per class; win every trophy in career mode, which I could never win sub of the night; I think that covers it.

Just like with the first Mario Party, I've quickly developed a hole in my right palm. Seriously... I have my right hand wrapped in gauze- held together with duct tape because I don't have any medical tape... er, because I'm hardcore- and that's the only reason I'm still going. I honestly may need to tape my fists before CAGFC fights, or put on one of my weight lifting gloves and look like a fighting Michael Jackson.

Hm... fighting Michael Jackson. Maybe I'll need to add a 3rd fighter to my CAGFC stable!

Edited by Matt Young, 23 May 2010 - 05:22 AM.

Posted Image

#35 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:25 AM

God damn it... I got in ranked matches to get the "win a ranked match by flash KO" achievement. First fight, I kept letting the guy get up and then one punch KO'd him. No achievement, but I did get the medal for not getting hit. I then won 4 in a row (remember, I was previously 3-4) and still didn't get it.

Then I lost to a level 1 guy by flash KO because I kept letting him get up, and I got Brock'd (I was Sylvia). Following that, I lost a surprisingly competitive match to a level 68 by submission, and then as I had a level 43 beaten and rocked, he quit on me. Somehow, I GOT THE LOSS! So I said Fuck it and gave up.

I don't know how I did so well against high level opposition, but I'm pissed that I didn't get the achievement. Can you not rock someone at any time in the fight in order for it to count as a flash KO? I never knocked anyone out while they were rocked; just after.

Posted Image

#36 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:22 PM

I will keep this in mind, I played the hell out of 2009 and I played the demo of 2010 a good bit. Give me a few weeks to see how good I get then I will decide. If its too late, then maybe I will catch the next one.

Zarski843.jpg

#37 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:27 PM

I will keep this in mind, I played the hell out of 2009 and I played the demo of 2010 a good bit. Give me a few weeks to see how good I get then I will decide. If its too late, then maybe I will catch the next one.

Well, this is an on-going ladder style organization, so there is no "too late". It's not like other sports games or leagues where you have seasons and schedules and whatnot. Whenever you feel like joining, you start at the bottom and work your way up through the ranks. It's very much like real life. I'd strongly advise that you look at the spoilers in the OP. They pretty much explain how it works.

#38 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:50 PM

Well, this is an on-going ladder style organization, so there is no "too late". It's not like other sports games or leagues where you have seasons and schedules and whatnot. Whenever you feel like joining, you start at the bottom and work your way up through the ranks. It's very much like real life. I'd strongly advise that you look at the spoilers in the OP. They pretty much explain how it works.

OH yeah definitely, I remember hearing about this. You can join as many "groups" as you want right?

I will be picking this up at midnight :]

Zarski843.jpg

#39 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:51 AM

Midnight Release here as well. Can't wait to make my fighter. Let's hope I can make him fat like Roy Nelson!!

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#40 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:12 AM

Midnight Release here as well. Can't wait to make my fighter. Let's hope I can make him fat like Roy Nelson!!

Yeah, but it's midnight tomorrow night right? Cause the game comes out on the 25th...which is Tuesday. I ordered mine from Gamestop.com...but before they had the free overnight shipping on it. It would be nice if they would bump mine up automatically, but since I'm getting the game for $45, I'm not going to push it too much.

#41 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:43 AM

Yeah, you know what I meant :P

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#42 BoSoxFan900

BoSoxFan900

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:28 PM

Well, I finally broke down and pre-ordered it. I got free overnight delivery from Gamestop, plus $10 off a future purchase, so I was pretty happy with that. I decided I might as well go ahead and get some "extra" out of it since I know I'll end up buying it anyway. Looking forward to playing with you guys this year, hopefully my 360 doesn't crap out immediately after the game gets there.

Because horses have huge raging boners and we're all about huge raging boners here at CAG. There's poopers to be filled, dammit!

#43 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:06 PM

Yeah, I really hope they bump mine up to overnight shipping. I mean, shouldn't the people who pre-ordered before that deal was even available get rewarded even more?

#44 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:16 PM

All right, even though there's a lot we won't know or be able to do until the game is out, there's no reason we can't start with some preliminary things to start getting ready. So, here we go.

I have a general idea of how I want to do things, but I want to get everybody's opinions. Last year, we started out with a tournament in each weight class to determine the initial champion and rankings. Do we want to do that again this year, or start based on how last year finished? (ie. who held the belts, rankings, etc) There's a few problems I see with the latter method. 1. Probably not everybody who had the game last year will be getting it again this year. 2. Some of the people who did have the game last year might want to create different fighters this year and/or start off in a different weight class. 3. A couple of the belts finished up being vacant anyway. Taking all of this into consideration, I would think starting fresh with a tournament would be the best option. What do you guys think?

The only other thing I'll tell people is until we get a good grasp on what the ratings limits will be, try not to go too far into your career for the first week (or at least until we have enough info to set up any rules or caps that may need to be made). It might sound crazy asking people to not beat the game in a week, but I'm not sure how much deeper this year's career mode is than last years (30-35 fights). And people flew through that pretty quickly.

Actually, if you do have a lot of time, and want to burn through a quick career (with the potential of possibly not being able to use that fighter...depending on how crazy his stats get), I could use your help. Anybody who wants to help me with testing and researching to see if any blatant exploits pop up, you're more than welcome. My goal this year is to keep this thing as fair and competitive as possible, without having any ridiculous super CAFs. It would be great if the game kept that in check automatically, but I've learned to never underestimate people's ability to cheat.

So, with that, if people would like to begin signing up, we can start getting an idea of how our weight classes might look. That's basically all the information I need right now. Just if you're interested in participating and what weight class your fighter is going to be in (remember, you can only start out with one fighter). You don't have to know his name now, or how tall he is, or where he's from, or anything. Just give me your XBL gamertag and what weight class you're starting in. We'll fill in the details once the rules get solidified. Let's get it on, guys! :)
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#45 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:16 PM

A tournament sounds good to me.

Pure Apathy is my GT and either lightweight or welterweight. I'll go with whichever weight class has more fighters in it out of the two.

Formerly known as RawisJericho

Posted Image

#46 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:59 PM

A tournament sounds good to me.

Pure Apathy is my GT and either lightweight or welterweight. I'll go with whichever weight class has more fighters in it out of the two.

Well, last year, when we started out, the lighter weight classes didn't seem to be as popular, and some only had like 2 fighters. So, the "tournament" essentially ended up being a title fight for that weight class. But once people were allowed to have more than one fighter, things really expanded and we had like at least 6 fighters in each weight class.

Since you're going to be using your fighter from your offline career, I'd say pick whichever one you really want to fight in offline. I'm sure at least one person will join the weight class you're in. Although, I wonder how it's going to work this year since you're supposed to be able to move up in weight after you've cleaned out your division. That would be pretty cool if your CAF could do the same online.

I know the first fighter I'll be bringing back is myself. I finished last year as the defending MW champ, but I'm actually considering dropping to WW since I've actually lost some weight in real life, haha.

#47 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:09 PM

You already know all my Info Nate. Same as last years pretty much, Except If I can make him fatter, he will be fatter.

Of course, I will cruise through the Career as usual and do another one cause I don't mind. Just depends on if I have the umph to start Alan Wake anytime soon how ever

Vulcan7905.png

#48 BigAT

BigAT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

I haven't decided definitively whether or not I'm going to pick UFC up, but if I do I'll definitely be participating in this. There's way too many games out right now (RDR, SMG2, Starcraft II beta), to the point I'm not sure if I'll have time for this.

#49 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:44 PM

I haven't decided definitively whether or not I'm going to pick UFC up, but if I do I'll definitely be participating in this. There's way too many games out right now (RDR, SMG2, Starcraft II beta), to the point I'm not sure if I'll have time for this.

I hear you about all the great games recently. I just got my copy of SMG2 today. The great thing about CAGFC though is it takes such a small amount of commitment. You only have one fight a week (unless you sign up multiple fighters). And at most, the fights take 15 minutes (unless you're in a title fight...and it goes 5 rounds). Compare that to Madden or The Show where the games take close to an hour. People seemed to have a much easier time squeezing a fight in almost any night of the week...which really helps.

And there's no set schedule or direct obligation to the rest of the people in the league. The fights are arranged week to week. So, if you want to take a week or two off, just say the word, and it's no big deal. Really of all the leagues I've participated in and the ones I've tried to run on CAG, this one was by far the easiest. There was no "Oh crap! So and so is dropping out. We need to find a replacement or the whole league is screwed." It made me wish other sports didn't have seasons and just had a championship belt, haha. It would make online leagues so much easier.

EDIT - Woohoo! Just checked my order status on Gamestop.com and saw that my copy shipped today with Next Day Air shipping. $45 with overnight shipping! Not bad, Gamestop. Not bad at all. :)

#50 BigAT

BigAT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:55 PM

It's more about whether or not I want to invest in the game, rather than invest in the league. I'm trying to justify dropping so much money on games recently (I also finally picked up Bioshock 2 and Blur is looking pretty good to me), so we'll see.

#51 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:56 PM

It's more about whether or not I want to invest in the game, rather than invest in the league. I'm trying to justify dropping so much money on games recently (I also finally picked up Bioshock 2 and Blur is looking pretty good to me), so we'll see.

Haha, fair enough.

#52 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:16 PM

Well, last year, when we started out, the lighter weight classes didn't seem to be as popular, and some only had like 2 fighters. So, the "tournament" essentially ended up being a title fight for that weight class. But once people were allowed to have more than one fighter, things really expanded and we had like at least 6 fighters in each weight class.

Since you're going to be using your fighter from your offline career, I'd say pick whichever one you really want to fight in offline. I'm sure at least one person will join the weight class you're in. Although, I wonder how it's going to work this year since you're supposed to be able to move up in weight after you've cleaned out your division. That would be pretty cool if your CAF could do the same online.

I know the first fighter I'll be bringing back is myself. I finished last year as the defending MW champ, but I'm actually considering dropping to WW since I've actually lost some weight in real life, haha.

Yeah for my first fighter I'm wanting to do one using my actual height and weight. But where I'm at I could fall into either class so I'll just post on here again when I decide which one I'm going to go with.

It would be sweet like you said if we can jump up and down in weight classes online.

Posted Image

#53 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:02 AM

I don't know what to do with my guy. I had Matt Young in the middleweight division last year, when I weighed 175 or so in real life. Now I weigh 147, so I'm not sure whether to keep him the same as last year or drop him to reflect my real weight. I'm below lightweight now. :-\

Posted Image

#54 BoSoxFan900

BoSoxFan900

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:04 AM

I don't know what to do with my guy. I had Matt Young in the middleweight division last year, when I weighed 175 or so in real life. Now I weigh 147, so I'm not sure whether to keep him the same as last year or drop him to reflect my real weight. I'm below lightweight now. :-\

You need a sammich, stat...or possibly horse meat. It worked wonders for Overeem.

Because horses have huge raging boners and we're all about huge raging boners here at CAG. There's poopers to be filled, dammit!

#55 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:08 AM

Don't know if I'll have time to pick the game up this week, but most likely I'll get it within two.

#56 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:15 AM

Sounds like you need to skip the UFC game and wait for a WEC game to come out. ;)

Posted Image

#57 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:27 AM

So, put in my code to Gamestop to no avail.

I also, just made a Camp CAG. Sweet :D :D

Edit: Looks like I can beat on ole Roy "Big Country" Nelson sometime tomorrow evening.

Vulcan7905.png

#58 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:43 AM

I wonder how many trainers we can have. If we could make everyone a temporary trainer, we could all get that achievement for having trained someone in an online fight camp.

Posted Image

#59 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:05 AM

So, put in my code to Gamestop to no avail.

I also, just made a Camp CAG. Sweet :D :D

Edit: Looks like I can beat on ole Roy "Big Country" Nelson sometime tomorrow evening.

Ah, I won't get my game till sometime tomorrow. How did you set up the camp? How much info did it ask for and what things did it let you choose? Did you specifically name it "Camp CAG"? Just curious how deep that area of the game is and what options are available to us.

#60 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

Ah, I won't get my game till sometime tomorrow. How did you set up the camp? How much info did it ask for and what things did it let you choose? Did you specifically name it "Camp CAG"? Just curious how deep that area of the game is and what options are available to us.

It ask for the name and what your symbol you will have. I Tried inviting you, but you need to actually play the game first it said lol. It needs cause you can also learn moves in the Career from the Online training Camp as well. I'm pretty sure everybody can teach everybody, it's not just set to me as a trainer. That's how I have seen it so far. Maybe some others can shed some more light.

Vulcan7905.png