All Game Crazys Are Closing

• Please log in to reply
794 replies to this topic

#781 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:41 PM

God, some of you guys were lucky. Someone came in and bought up ALL of their remaining video games at my local GC before they could get past 60% off. I did manage a few decent flips before they finally shut down at least.

#782 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

Any idea if we'll get 70% off next week? That'd be fantastic, though I love that my locale is one of the busier ones and is getting new boxes of movies/games each week; unfortunately, they sent back their hundreds of disc-only used games because Corporate apparently is requesting that country-wide. Anyone know why? As far as I know they shouldn't be able to return them to the publishers or anything like some guides, so it makes no sense not to sell them.

However, did manage to score a sealed Halo ODST and Lego Batman, plus rental copies of X-Men Legends 2, Starfox Assault, Tomb Raider Underworld, and Conan for about $40.

New release DVDs are $2.99 and new release Blu-Rays are $5.99.

I would like to know that too. I was wondering what happened to the hundred or so mine had.

Mine went to 70% last week and was still getting product in at 60%.

The Blu-Rays at mine are now $4.99 new/used.

#783 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:52 AM

The Blu-Rays for $4.99 were only for the cores with no actual blu-ray box, but have the sleeve. I asked the workers if the new ones were too, but they were only 70% off and they only had Borat. Not worth it at all, but stocked up on the $4.99 ones.

Leads me to my question, where can I buy replacement blu-ray blue boxes?

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#784 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:01 AM

replacement blu ray cases

I, too, stocked up on some used blu's. I picked up 10 or so.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#785 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:13 AM

http://www.discmaker...ID=BDR020-00001

cheap and super fast shipping...I ordered 25 cases from them earlier this year and they came within four or five business days...the cases came in excellent condition....

#786 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:21 AM

Cool, thanks jj5206, as I was looking for anybody who may have actually bought from a site with feedback to give before I buy.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#787 kell

kell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:32 AM

Mine had guides @ 70%. I asked the manager if she would do a bulk discount and she said she'd do $1 per guide. She was just happy to get rid of them. They still had some decent ones like Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, Dante's Inferno, etc.

#788 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:16 PM

I wish we actually saw a Game Crazy come here. I'm so jealous that you guy's actually managed to get one. Be thankful you got one.
Are there still new "Haunting Ground"'s around at some Game Crazy's that are closing or am I SOL?
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#789 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

The GameCrazy by me shut down on Monday (I think). I guess we might be nearing the end.
Posted Image

#790 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

Cool, thanks jj5206, as I was looking for anybody who may have actually bought from a site with feedback to give before I buy.

I love discmakers, they ship fast and provide a great product.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#791 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:24 PM

The GameCrazy by me shut down on Monday (I think). I guess we might be nearing the end.

Indeed we are. According to the girl at the HWV today, last day for the entire company is supposedly the 28th (wednesday).

card.png

#792 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:25 PM

Yeah, they had a sign posted at mine saying "9 days left". There wasn't much left, gaming wise, at mine.

#793 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:34 PM

I went in my Hollywood yesterday and got a Sims 3 Guide and Bruno for $1.37. They had a sign that was advertising Bruno for 25 cents each. O_o; Needless to say I impulse bought it real quick like.

#794 gwolf07

gwolf07

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:08 PM

Just returned from hollywood and snagged a load:

Afro Samurai(360)
Orange Box(360)
Resistance 1(PS3)
Timeshift(360)
Far Cry 2(360)
X-men Origins Wolverine(360)
Mass Effect 1 and Strat guide

All for 14.72 :D!!!!!!!
Posted Image
:360:: AC:R/MW3
:ps3:: Dark Souls
:ds:: Black Sigil

#795 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:11 PM

Good stuff gwolf. Well even though my GC closed & I lost my credit, I stopped in the connected HWV yesterday and ended up getting Too Human & UEFA (don't remember which one) for 360 for $2.50 each.

Might stop back by next week to see if all the copies of Bruno or the empty 360 cases are discounted further.