SAW: The Game (PS3) Gamestop $17.99 New

xxjonoxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Was browsing the Gamestop sales today and saw (no pun intended) that they had Saw: The Game for $17.99 new on the website. During the recent Game Days sale it was $24.99 so this is a new sale. It doesn't say online only, so even though it's not available online, I'm guessing it's valid in store. Used is still $32.99. Searched the other threads and didn't see this mentioned.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74812

There just getting rid of there stock from the Game Day Sale, they have a sign there up to 50% off. They have that and pretty much every other game that's left at any of your local Gamestop.

Nice price for an awesome game. I've had it on the 360 but I think it'd be a good addition to my PS3 collection. Thanks OP.

As far as movie games go, it's fairly decent, and for those that care, I'll second the notion that the achievements are pretty easy.

I've been eyeing the game since it came out. Too bad it's not available online so I can use my $10 coupon from Bioshock 2.

Might have to drop by a GS today even though I have stepping foot in their stores. All 5 in Springfield, MO show it as available.

Picked up my copy today.
For fans of the series, there is plenty to enjoy here, and those who love Silent Hill and other 3rd-person horror might also find this a nice addition to your library.

Bought it after the gameday sale as part of their gameday clearance for the 360 for $10. Ps3 version was also ten bucks but these prices seem to be ymmv.

Very underrated game that recieved dismal reviews. I've enjoyed the 3 hours I've put in so far and think it's a good deal at that price.

-FrankCastleAZ

[quote name='FrankCastleAZ']Very underrated game that recieved dismal reviews. I've enjoyed the 3 hours I've put in so far and think it's a good deal at that price.

-FrankCastleAZ[/QUOTE]

Its not underrated, its just crap. Then again fans of the series obviously dont have high expetations and happy with mediocirty. Granted the whole saw franchise had a intially good idea behind but just over saturation of it all, weak sequel plots, horrible directing and bad acting have just made it so much watered down mush knocked out annually to cash in on the teen crowd. Neither the movies nor the games have anything to do with horror.

That said though, the game isnt total trash and its fairly entertaining for atleast one play through. Although in retrospect, I should have just gotten it for 10 bucks at some point instead of getting it for 20.

Grabbed the 360 version for $19.99 new/sealed. Saw the PS3 version for $17.99 but I wanted the 360 version.

PM'd the PS3 version at Best Buy. All stores in Spfld, MO show in stock on the website but only 1 actually had them and they were all gutted. Would rather add some points to my account.

The Gamestop stores just converted the remaining new ones in the gameday sale to used, raising the price. That means no stores will have it new anymore, so the price online will not apply in store. I work at a Gamestop and just did this last night.

[quote name='Catalyst09']The Gamestop stores just converted the remaining new ones in the gameday sale to used, raising the price. That means no stores will have it new anymore, so the price online will not apply in store. I work at a Gamestop and just did this last night.[/QUOTE]
When did GS start converting new stock to used? This may be a regional thing and not corporate wide.

[quote name='wrencrest']When did GS start converting new stock to used? This may be a regional thing and not corporate wide.[/QUOTE]

They have done this before.

When Resident Evil 2, 3 and code veronica X was re-printed for gamecube, those games were sold as 29.99 new.

Gamestop suddenly have a bunch of copies of those games, being sold as "used" for 37.99$ a copy.

I've seen GS convert too many games just because they're worth more used (according to their system.) They can be so mean sometimes.

[quote name='sdcranford']That doesn't make anu sense[/QUOTE]
If gamestop buys the games from Capcom/The reprinting source, those companies already made the money off of that sale since gamestop paid to have them in stock in their store.

They then open the games, gut them instantly and put them for sale as "used" and mark up the value to 37$ or 39$, whatever they want and they keep all the extra profits for themselves.

bread's done
Back