Call of Duty Black OPS

Yeah just waiting for it to get in my gold box. Heres hoping they do a gift card offer like Reach ($20 plz!)

[quote name='perdition(troy']fuck activision[/QUOTE]

LMAO , agreed .

BTW I know this isnt Bungie , but.... Bungie made the WORST move ever

Actvision seems to be the company every loves to hate.

But honestly as much as I hate them I can't skip a Call of Duty, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Blur and any other future good shit they'll put out. Hopefully more people leave them in the future. Though going under seems impossible thanks to a game called WoW. EA on the other hand continues to bleed money.

Was it just me or did the trailer look like the same weapons/gameplay? I know they will build on what they already have but the MW arena is kinda played out (IMO) so I thought they would try something diff. Who am I kidding, I will prob still buy it...lol

[quote name='Monsta Mack']EA on the other hand continues to bleed money.[/QUOTE]

How do you figure??

EA has outsold Activision in sales during 08, 09, and so far through 2010. In fact they are only behind Nintendo as the top selling publisher.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Actvision seems to be the company every loves to hate.

But honestly as much as I hate them I can't skip a Call of Duty, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Blur and any other future good shit they'll put out. Hopefully more people leave them in the future. Though going under seems impossible thanks to a game called WoW. EA on the other hand continues to bleed money.[/QUOTE]
if anything goes under it would be IW wouldn't it

[quote name='jkanownik']ERTS

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=ERTS+Key+Statistics

Profit Margin (ttm):whistle2:21.19%
Operating Margin (ttm):whistle2:19.01%
Revenue (ttm):3.54B

ATVI

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=ATVI+Key+Statistics

Profit Margin (ttm):2.64%
Operating Margin (ttm):9.49%
Revenue (ttm):4.28B[/QUOTE]

Expect a giant shift in those numbers in the next couple weeks when EA does its year-end report.

Not to mention, gross profit which is more key than revenue is in EA's favor.

Also, look at the balance sheets their bud... Activision - Goodwill - $7.154 Million. That skews all the financial numbers drastically.

I am not saying that EA isn't seeing some decline in numbers, but I think when it comes down to it, it is better off than Activision. As it is, EA has been still recovering from all of its legal trouble during 2008.

[quote name='timesplitt']if anything goes under it would be IW wouldn't it[/QUOTE]

Correct. In fact, some analysts have already said that IW will be closing following the release of MW2 Map Pack 2.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']
BTW I know this isnt Bungie , but.... Bungie made the WORST move ever[/QUOTE]

Activision is just Bungie's publisher, no control over the product. I'm sure Bungie just took the best offer on the table, which happened to be Activision. You have to admit, they may be a bunch of assholes, but Activision knows how to market and sell games.

Anyway, back to Black Ops, looks interesting. Hopefully Treyarch can break away from the "second fiddle to IW" tag that they've been carrying for some time now.

Just saw during the draft lottery that they are going to show a new preview during the 3rd quarter of NBA Eastern Conference Finals tonight on ESPN.

[quote name='perdition(troy']fuck activision[/QUOTE]

Agreed i will not buy another one of their fuck ing products after COD MW2...and i retract a comment i made on another thread about Halo reach...its pretty tight not as bad as i thought it would be

Just noticed amazon has a free 20 gift card when you buy this game. I might use my 20 gift card from RDR on this game and get another 20 GC. Its win win. :)

It looks cool, but i want to see more on the multiplayer. I dont like dual wielding, noobtube, knifing from 10 feet away from MW2. Plus i think they went overboard with perks/killstreaks. also didnt like many of the maps from MW2. Hope CODBO has some nice maps. I saw some kind of crossbow gun, and i hope the flame thrower returns from WAW. I could care less about the single player really, its all about MP game for me when it comes to COD games.

The more I look at the trailer the more I go.....W@W was a COD 4 clone, BO looks like a MW2 clone. And I'm sure it will be in the multiplayer as well.

I think this looks pretty cool. I hope there is a chopper flying level like The Black Cat level from W@W. That's the vibe I'm getting from trailer. That'd be kick ass.

[quote name='DestroVega']what is this? just another Call of Duty game?[/QUOTE]

Damn straight. Activision is milking the COD teet now. Juuust like the "___ Hero" situation.

[quote name='The 7th Number']One thing that looked stupid amazingly awesome to me was the RC car.[/QUOTE]

Fixed your typo for you there.

The trailer looks pretty good actually. Of course, the MW2 trailers looked good too. It's the players that ruin the game. It looked like the space ship was launching in the vid. It would be pretty cool if maps were "alive" and had something going on, rather than just be static.

The Russian announcer sounds too much like the MW2 one...especially announcing that the player earned a CP. It's the same exact line too.

Check out :35 seconds in. Guy on the right takes a dirt nap for no reason.

If this is ANYTHING like MW2 I will not be buying. It will also depend on how wrapped up I am in Halo Reach and NBA 2k11.

There was also a guy rolling out of the way similar to the Covenant do in the new Reach MP.

Honestly this looks great and MW2 was a lot of fun (I put tons of days into it) the bottom line is how much TryArch will do to counter cheaters (rapid fire aside) by patching and what not. The players ruined MW2. I could tolerate the weapon imbalance in MW2 but I couldn't stand all the cheating that was going on.

I was already going to get it anyway, but that made me want it even more. RC car seems as good as a predator missile. And exploding crossbow bolts. Ah fuck yeah.

They even used the same night vision sound from all the MW2 trailers at the end of this one. This is the same crap they've been selling for 4 years now and it's no wonder. You guys are just eating it up.

[quote name='slickkill77']They even used the same night vision sound from all the MW2 trailers at the end of this one. This is the same crap they've been selling for 4 years now and it's no wonder. You guys are just eating it up.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's the stupidest thing to nitpick.

I liked the trailer, though I don't see myself getting it. I ended up selling MW2 a few months after getting it, even though I had 9 days of playtime on MW1.

When do you think there will be any official announcements on whether Zombies will be in the game?

[quote name='Soodmeg']Where do I go to read exactly what happened in that whole mess?[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the whole IW thing?

If so here is some stuff that I had compiled a while back... Some info could be missing or just not updated.

So far IW has lost all of these people:

Jason West - studio head

Vince Zampella - studio head

Todd Alderman - lead designer (multiplayer lead design & joined before 1st CoD)

Francesco Gigliotti - lead software engineer (joined before 1st CoD)

Mackey McCandlish - design lead (worked on CoD)

John Shiring - programmer (CoD2, MW1, and MW2)

Bruce Ferriz - senior level animator

Steve Fukuda - lead design

Zied Rieke - lead design

Chris Cherubini - lead environment artist

Rayme Vinson - programmer

Mark Grigsby - lead animator

Paul Messerly - lead character animator

Now, West and Zampella have not confirmed that any of these guys are headed to Respawn, but they did say that they are staffing up already.

Also, for those keeping track, IW has lost all 6 of the lead designs that worked on MW2.

So... To catch up with all of the Respawn vs IW/Activision news we have this:

- 38 Former and Current IW employees have filed a lawsuit against Activision for missed royalty payments.

- Activision's Publishing CEO has resigned amid all of this

- IW is expected to close after the release of map pack 2.

(it was later confirmed on May 6th that they would continue operations)

Trailer looks good but I won't be able to say if I am going to like it until I play it. I loved MW, I put a ton of hours into it and I really enjoyed every one of them but MW2 did not do it for me. I play it once in a while but I just can't get sucked into it. MW was awesome because most of the douche bags were playing Halo 3 but when MW2 came out they jumped over. I fell that Black OPS will be even worse. I remember playing the WaW beta and even tho the game play was not as good as MW2 I enjoyed it more because there were rarely any ass holes in it. I just wish everyone would act like "normal" people on XBL... Inception anyone? :)

[quote name='mvp828']Expect a giant shift in those numbers in the next couple weeks when EA does its year-end report.

Not to mention, gross profit which is more key than revenue is in EA's favor.

Also, look at the balance sheets their bud... Activision - Goodwill - $7.154 Million. That skews all the financial numbers drastically.

I am not saying that EA isn't seeing some decline in numbers, but I think when it comes down to it, it is better off than Activision. As it is, EA has been still recovering from all of its legal trouble during 2008.

Correct. In fact, some analysts have already said that IW will be closing following the release of MW2 Map Pack 2.[/QUOTE]

We'll see when Medal of Honor comes out, I'm probably wrong but I have a feeling the game will flop and not sell. Probably why they are bumping everyone to "llimited edition" as standard and releasing "exclusive" weapons in the "limited edition" which everyone automatically gets bumped to.

The crap EA has been publishing lately has been pretty consistent I don't expect them to be posting gains.

On topic:

If I didn't already know better I think this was a mod for Modern Warfare 2, same exact gameplay, score system, similar weapons, supposedly this Black ops is taking place during the cold war? I dunno but this looks like recycled MW2 crap. Apparently the first kill streak reward you get is an RC car bomb.

On paper that sounds pretty cool but when implemented, seems and looks very cheap and annoying, similar to most everything in MW2.

Hopefully I'm wrong and they add a new fresh twist to this franchise, but from the looks, this is the same old same old just trying to cash in on a name that's been played out since the last game.

[quote name='hustletron']We'll see when Medal of Honor comes out, I'm probably wrong but I have a feeling the game will flop and not sell. Probably why they are bumping everyone to "llimited edition" as standard and releasing "exclusive" weapons in the "limited edition" which everyone automatically gets bumped to.

The crap EA has been publishing lately has been pretty consistent I don't expect them to be posting gains.

On topic:

If I didn't already know better I think this was a mod for Modern Warfare 2, same exact gameplay, score system, similar weapons, supposedly this Black ops is taking place during the cold war? I dunno but this looks like recycled MW2 crap. Apparently the first kill streak reward you get is an RC car bomb.

On paper that sounds pretty cool but when implemented, seems and looks very cheap and annoying, similar to most everything in MW2.

Hopefully I'm wrong and they add a new fresh twist to this franchise, but from the looks, this is the same old same old just trying to cash in on a name that's been played out since the last game.[/QUOTE]

Yea I definitely see what you are saying... I believe that my post you quoted was before they started making the whole "Code needed to play online" a set in stone idea.

As for the whole LE thing, I think it is going to be like BFBC2 where the LE is what is available to the people that purchase in the first month.

I personally like EA and Activision Games... I don't agree with everything they do as companies, but whatever.

Back on topic... I think this is even more identical than W@W does, but it doesn't change the fact that it will be a Day 1 for me.

At least it looks better than World at War which I couldn't even prestige once it was so bad. The rc car is pretty damn corny though. MW and MW2 were first week buys, Bla k ops will be a wait and see pick.

Hardened and Prestige Editions revealed:

Hardened ($79.99):

41QxNBQ6KaL._AA300_.jpg
51F0ag9b9EL._AA300_.jpg

Product Features

Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Hardened Edition

• Limited edition Black Ops Collector's Medal with display case
  • 4 extra playable co-op maps not in the standard edition
  • Exclusive Black Ops Xbox LIVE avatar outfit
  • Premium, special-edition SteelBookâ„¢ case
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops full game

Prestige ($149.99)

41p1VtEDcEL._AA300_.jpg
41m2q%2Bh8QzL._AA300_.jpg

Product Features

Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Prestige Edition

• Includes the full Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened Edition w/ Collector's Medal and 4 extra playable co-cop maps not in standard edition
  • RC-XD Video Surveillance Vehicle - Fully custom RC vehicle modeled after in-game RC-XD Killstreak Reward
  • RC-XD Transmitter - 2" backlit TFT 220 x176 color screen to receive video from car
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003WFLGO4

Damn, now I'll have to upgrade to Hardened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardened and Prestige edition news!

Due out this November, the special edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops will include a tiny remote control "video surveillance vehicle" inspired by the games multiplayer. The remote control vehicle, inspired by the RC-XD found in the game's multiplayer, has a range of about 200 feet and a fully-functioning remote camera that transmits both color video and audio. The car will only come with the yet-to-be-officially-priced Prestige Edition of the game, which also comes with all of the extras included with the Hardened Edition.
The Hardened Edition includes a custom Black Ops limited edition medal, exclusive Black Ops Avatar outfit, as well as four playable cooperative maps.
Both editions will be coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 when the game ships on Nov. 9. No official price has been announced for either edition, but GameStop lists the Prestige Edition for $150 and the Hardened Edition for $80.
No word on who is manufacturing the vehicle, but since the night vision rig looked an awful lot like it was made by toy maker EyeClops, and toy maker Spy Gear also makes a video camera-sporting truck, I suspect it could be a toy company.

Kotaku

bread's done
Back