The Official CAG May 2010 Pick-Ups Thread

Free comic book day!

DSC00755.jpg

- Kick-Ass Sticker (Free)
- 100 Plastic Comic Bags
- The Amazing Spider-Man: Grim Hunt (Free)
- The Invincible Iron Man (Free)
- Doctor Solar: Man of the Atom / Magnus: Robot Fighter (Free)
- Moon Knight Saga (Free)
- War of the Superman #0 (Free)
- Green Hornet #1 (Free)
- Super Street Fighter IV ($26.00 shipped)
- Green Lantern Corps #47 (Brightest Day)
- Deadpool #22

No picture

from Amazon today :

Sonic's Genesis Collection
UP BluRay ( looks amazing in HD )

from Craigslist :
Lot of 7 RRoD xbox 360 consoles

From Game$top :
Pixel Junk Ponster PSP ( UMD )

I got some stuff today!

picture.php

Lucky Star Posters, Free Comics, Hatsune Miku Figure, Lucky Star Volume 5

picture.php

My new Hatsune Miku figure displayed. :bouncy:

Let me start off by saying I bought SIX apps for my iPod touch. The most notable being:

STREET FIGHTER IV!!! I spent SEVEN dollars on this app! O__O The most I have ever spent on an app. It's very clean and polished. Worth it, easily.

The other five are:

Guerrilla Bob - 99 cents. On sale from 3 bucks. A run and gun 3D shooter. Number 4 on the app store. It's like Serious Sam but in third person. Fun!

Hell on Earth - 99 cents, on sale. This is a DOOM clone! It's VERY fun, well worth the money. The action is non stop.

iGun Pro - 99 cents

This is easily the BEST gun sim on the app store. I highly suggest it to everyone... includes slow motion firing... And I don't even like guns.

Hand of Greed - 99 cents. You use your fingers to collect the items, but there are blades everywhere! If you touch them you bleed and die. It's very intense and unique!

Monster Truck Nitro 2 - 99 cents. On sale from 3 bucks. Fun 3D jumps and such.

Now that was just THE APPS... Get ready for... THE GAMES.

Demon's Souls on PS3, new, for $32.74 shipped. Also got a $10 credit with it.

GTA: EFLS on PS3, new, for $30 shipped, with a $10 credit. I'm def ready for my PS3 in 3 weeks!

Age of Mythology - PC, New, in long box - $7.11 shipped.

Batman Forever - Game Gear - $3 shipped

Midway Arcade Treasures 2 - PS2, $7 shipped

Last Action Hero - Genesis, complete - $6 shipped

Perfect Weapon - PS1 - $4 shipped

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - 360, $14 shipped.

This was a perfect price point for me. I've wanted this since release, and had completely forgotten about it 'til now. GameFly just reminded me... And boy am I happy about this.

Space Miner: Space Ore Bust - iPod touch, 99 cents. Sale. Really popular game.

Vampire: Master of Darkness - Game Gear, $5 shipped

Okay, this is an awesome unknown game. It's like Castlevania. Very nice.

Beyond Oasis - Game Gear, $4 shipped. A rare RPG! Exclusive as well... Very nice.

Ninja: Shadow of Darkness - PS1, $5 shipped at Amazon. I played the demo years ago and enjoyed it! Yes!

Star Ocean: First Departure - PSP, complete - $8.74 shipped.

Good price... my 3rd PSP game. About time to buy a PSP 3000.

Alive 4 Ever Returns - iPod touch, 2 bucks.

It's a sick zombie game... take a look. It will be 5 bucks soon. It's supposed to be one of the best dual stick shooters on the system. The reviews are completely praising it. Go take a look.

No pictures.

-EGM issue #238
-Escape From Monkey Island (PS2)
-1600 MS Points

EFMI was in mint condition, despite being a "used" game at GameStop. Was only $6.99 and the only MI game I haven't played yet, so I snatched it up.

yesterday i got:

-shadowrun (used)
-bioishock (new-platinum hits-xbox 360)

from gamestop for $16.xx
i suck at both though :(

First pickup of May was my 47" 1080P LCD TV for 50 bucks. Let's just say, LG had a big lawsuit on there hands when the Optical wheel went out on there DLP :D :D

Swap Meet:

TI-83 Plus calculator - $2
Inuyasha Season 1 - $2
Katamari Damacy - $6
2 fat PS2s, one working w/ Network Adapter attached, one won't power on, power and RF cord and two controllers - $20

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Let me start off by saying I bought SIX apps for my iPod touch. The most notable being:

STREET FIGHTER IV!!! I spent SEVEN dollars on this app! O__O The most I have ever spent on an app. It's very clean and polished. Worth it, easily.

The other five are:

Guerrilla Bob - 99 cents. On sale from 3 bucks. A run and gun 3D shooter. Number 4 on the app store. It's like Serious Sam but in third person. Fun!

Hell on Earth - 99 cents, on sale. This is a DOOM clone! It's VERY fun, well worth the money. The action is non stop.

iGun Pro - 99 cents

This is easily the BEST gun sim on the app store. I highly suggest it to everyone... includes slow motion firing... And I don't even like guns.

Hand of Greed - 99 cents. You use your fingers to collect the items, but there are blades everywhere! If you touch them you bleed and die. It's very intense and unique!

Monster Truck Nitro 2 - 99 cents. On sale from 3 bucks. Fun 3D jumps and such.

Now that was just THE APPS... Get ready for... THE GAMES.

Demon's Souls on PS3, new, for $32.74 shipped. Also got a $10 credit with it.

GTA: EFLS on PS3, new, for $30 shipped, with a $10 credit. I'm def ready for my PS3 in 3 weeks!

Age of Mythology - PC, New, in long box - $7.11 shipped.

Batman Forever - Game Gear - $3 shipped

Midway Arcade Treasures 2 - PS2, $7 shipped

Last Action Hero - Genesis, complete - $6 shipped

Perfect Weapon - PS1 - $4 shipped

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - 360, $14 shipped.

This was a perfect price point for me. I've wanted this since release, and had completely forgotten about it 'til now. GameFly just reminded me... And boy am I happy about this.

Space Miner: Space Ore Bust - iPod touch, 99 cents. Sale. Really popular game.

Vampire: Master of Darkness - Game Gear, $5 shipped

Okay, this is an awesome unknown game. It's like Castlevania. Very nice.

Beyond Oasis - Game Gear, $4 shipped. A rare RPG! Exclusive as well... Very nice.

Ninja: Shadow of Darkness - PS1, $5 shipped at Amazon. I played the demo years ago and enjoyed it! Yes!

Star Ocean: First Departure - PSP, complete - $8.74 shipped.

Good price... my 3rd PSP game. About time to buy a PSP 3000.

Alive 4 Ever Returns - iPod touch, 2 bucks.

It's a sick zombie game... take a look. It will be 5 bucks soon. It's supposed to be one of the best dual stick shooters on the system. The reviews are completely praising it. Go take a look.[/QUOTE]

dude i aint trying to be rude, but you need to get help. i swear you buy like there is no tommorow. you will never play all those, and you will get tired of all the crap sitting around one day.

now so far i picked up tiger woods 10 for 7.36 from bjs club for the psp and bought gardening mama and a recipie game for my girl

Last edited by a moderator:
Shadow of the Collossus -PS2, $13 shipped.

This game is supposed to be really good.

Just bought THREE more games this morning. This is crazy.

World Heroes Anthology - PS2, $7 shipped

The Bouncer - PS2, $5 shipped

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story - Game Gear, $3.57 shipped.

Blood Omen 2 - Xbox, $5 shipped!!! Yes!!! This game is awesome!!!

Mystery of Unicorn Castle - iPod touch, 99 cents. On sale from 4 bucks. AWESOME adventure style mystery game! Yes!! Get this!!!

Fire_Thief you should get a woman and spend some of your gaming money on her. Later on in life you wont have time to play all this stuff you are buying and you will realize you didnt need it all. Thats my BEAST opinion......anyway sorry for the Off Topic

[quote name='Got_Wii']Fire_Thief you should get a woman and spend some of your gaming money on her. Later on in life you wont have time to play all this stuff you are buying and you will realize you didnt need it all. Thats my BEAST opinion......anyway sorry for the Off Topic[/QUOTE]

Totally agree , I still cant find a way to block people . But as soon as I do he is the first one :whistle2:#:whistle2:#

I HAVE a woman, you haters... you can see her in my video where I'm driving down the street... 14 months together, and she accepts my habit. I still take her out to eat at a nice restaurant every week, so it's all good...

More purchases tonight:

Star Wars: Dark Forces - PS1, $4 shipped... Complete and in very good condition. You just can't beat that. I'm also about to buy the Jedi Knight pack on Steam for 20 bucks... which contains 5 games... including DF. =]

Dead to Rights - Xbox, $4 shipped.

Loved this game back in the day on my PS2! This is an AWESOME action game from Namco, MILES better than that garbage called Stranglehold...

The Punisher - Xbox, $6.70 shipped.

Rented this back in the day... It's a crazy brutal action game. I love it!

Sword & Poker 2 - iPod touch, $2

Just came out... pretty beast. You go around this world and you battle these dudes in poker... RPG style. Really nice game.

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/sword-and-poker-2-shuffles-up-to-app-store

Ninja Gaiden 2 on the Virtual Console. 500 points.

[quote name='darkslime']Yes!!! That is crazy. THREE games!!! fucking BEAST mode dude!!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Got_Wii']Fire_Thief you should get a woman and spend some of your gaming money on her. Later on in life you wont have time to play all this stuff you are buying and you will realize you didnt need it all. Thats my BEAST opinion......anyway sorry for the Off Topic[/QUOTE]
Who really cares what he does with his money? And since when does spending that kind of money on women a smarter thing? :p

dan13l858: How in the world did you get that thing? I totally missed out on Capcom's swag for Mega Man 9 and would love to know how some people got Final Fight stuff.

dan13l858: How in the world did you get that thing? I totally missed out on Capcom's swag for Mega Man 9 and would love to know how some people got Final Fight stuff.

Yeah, i love all the Capcom Press Kits. Check this out.
1272875843.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tsukento']...I hate you so bad. :([/QUOTE]

Ha, these items aren't my favorite or my most valuable items in my collection.

Some from today:

Blitz The League - Xbox, $3.89 shipped.

This game was awesome back in the day. =]

Fight Club - Xbox, $2.51 shipped, complete.

I owned this back in the day and enjoyed it. I even wrote a review for it! On this very site! Check it out:

Fight Club Review for Xbox: A mildly entertaing fighting game that doesn't have much to offer. - GameFAQs

Got NARC, on Xbox, for $4.49 shipped, complete. Loved it back in the day.

Man, I'm really enjoying reminiscing on all these games I had back in the day... Xbox was awesome.

Spikeout: Battle Street - Xbox, $6.25 shipped.

I'm loving buying all of these vintage games on my Xbox.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Some from today:

I owned this back in the day and enjoyed it. I even wrote a review for it! On this very site! Check it out:

Fight Club Review for Xbox: A mildly entertaing fighting game that doesn't have much to offer. - GameFAQs

Man, I'm really enjoying reminiscing on all these games I had back in the day... Xbox was awesome.

I'm loving buying all of these vintage games on my Xbox.[/QUOTE]

Vintage Xbox games? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='mistymayem']On average how much do you spend on games a day?[/QUOTE]

More than anybody honestly should. I can see spending like $30 or $40 on DVDs a week, because you can watch all of those within the week. Fire_thief pretty much has a backlog that will never be completed and all he has is pictures of lots and lots of games.

[quote name='lmz00']I'm sure he sells enough rap CDs out of the trunk of his car to support his habit.[/QUOTE]

He's currently searching for a good producer to begin his career in the music industry. lol Just joking with ya Fire_Thief, your collection is growing rapidly though, your going to need a bigger room.

[quote name='mistymayem']On average how much do you spend on games a day?[/QUOTE]

Are you asking everyone in general or just Fire_Thief? I don't buy games everyday. But if I had to break it down I'd say $40-50 a month. I go in spurts lately I've picked up Super Paper Mario, Zelda Twilight Princess, Warioland Shake It, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Battalion Wars 2, and Pikmin. During January/February I only picked up Endless Ocean Blue World so it varies for me.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Some from today:

I'm loving buying all of these vintage games on my Xbox.[/QUOTE]

Uh oh. I think your sloppy copy/paste job just revealed that you simply cross-post everything from your glorified bragging thread on GameFAQs.

Yup: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=213&topic=53944641 (page 24)

(Side note: How many times can one possibly say "back in the day" in reference to the justification for purchasing a terrible videogame? I guess we'll find out.)

That was mostly aimed at fire thief and his ridiculous spending but it is interesting to see how much everyone spends. Probably around $20-$30 for me but I've never really calculated it.

It varies bigtime. Sometimes I'll go for months without spending a dime, then there will be months like this one where I've spent nearly $2,000 (oddly enough, most of which was spent on sealed copies of games/hardware I already own).

I'm not the type of person who buys games just for the sake of buying games/to pad my collection. The only (current gen) games I've bought in the past year are Madden 10, NBA 2K10, Tekken 6, Halo ODST and FF XIII.

[quote name='mistymayem']That was mostly aimed at fire thief and his ridiculous spending but it is interesting to see how much everyone spends. Probably around $20-$30 for me but I've never really calculated it.[/QUOTE]I spend $1k+ a month on games but that's because most of the games I resell and I make more than that back on them. Games I keep probably under $100 a month. I don't collect games other than the ones I really like.

Also vulgarism I thought the same thing when he said vintage xbox games! we are in tune! a girthy man such as myself knows much about the games!

[quote name='darkslime']I spend $1k+ a month on games but that's because most of the games I resell and I make more than that back on them. Games I keep probably under $100 a month. I don't collect games other than the ones I really like.

Also vulgarism I thought the same thing when he said vintage xbox games! we are in tune! a girthy man such as myself knows much about the games![/QUOTE]

We must telepathically communicate through our girth! This is most wonderful!

As for spending on video games, I actually haven't bought a game in at least three or four months. Too broke, have more important things to worry about, like feeding my four kids* instead of feeding my video game habits.

*By four kids, I simply needed a decent cop-out as to why I'm broke. I don't have one :(

[img-l=6061]14474[/img-l][img-l=6061]14475[/img-l][img-l=6061]14476[/img-l][img-l=6061]14477[/img-l][img-l=6061]14478[/img-l]

Various game pick-ups in the first two. That is a 2nd copy of Sakura Wars to keep sealed.

The last 3 are all of figure pick ups. Finally got a complete set of FFXIII Trading Arts. Also shelled out a bit for that Sephiroth Static Arts Figure. Got a deal on it though. It was $300 when it first came out and I got it for half-price :D

Now, I'm not hating on ZxT Vendetta at all (I love his posts in this thread), but the dude just dropped $150 on an action figure. So why is Fire_Thief not allowed to buy a crap ton of cheap (even if they're bad) games with his money? By all means, get annoyed at his use of slang if you want to, but who cares what he does with his money?

[quote name='FFBlitzace']Now, I'm not hating on ZxT Vendetta at all (I love his posts in this thread), but the dude just dropped $150 on an action figure. So why is Fire_Thief not allowed to buy a crap ton of cheap (even if they're bad) games with his money? By all means, get annoyed at his use of slang if you want to, but who cares what he does with his money?[/QUOTE]

because ZxT Vendetta is fucking amazing ;)

[quote name='FFBlitzace']Now, I'm not hating on ZxT Vendetta at all (I love his posts in this thread), but the dude just dropped $150 on an action figure. So why is Fire_Thief not allowed to buy a crap ton of cheap (even if they're bad) games with his money? By all means, get annoyed at his use of slang if you want to, but who cares what he does with his money?[/QUOTE]

In my defense (well so very little defense). I had that figure on layaway since December and only paid a little here and there. ;)

Also I think everyone is ragging on Fire_Thief for his use of "beast" and the general way he talks up shovelware level games. I am actually shocked I haven't had hate volleyed my way to be quite honest. Then again I dont say my purchases are beast either... nor for the most part do I purchase shovelware older gen games (though I will be purchasing lots of shovelware for :360: because I am back into achievements again). ;)

I'm currently enjoying my free Gradius V on my cool basement PS2, which cost me all of $10. Never hurts to have a back-up system.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']In my defense (well so very little defense). I had that figure on layaway since December and only paid a little here and there. ;)

Also I think everyone is ragging on Fire_Thief for his use of "beast" and the general way he talks up shovelware level games. I am actually shocked I haven't had hate volleyed my way to be quite honest. Then again I dont say my purchases are beast either... nor for the most part do I purchase shovelware older gen games (though I will be purchasing lots of shovelware for :360: because I am back into achievements again). ;)[/QUOTE]
yea, some of the crappy games for the :360: actuly look kinda fun, and their cheap :D

If you talk to ZxT at all, or look at his collection, you can see he is exactly that--A collector. The man has three copies of each Xenosaga game! I think Fire_thief buys games just to make people go "ooh!" and "aah!" at his large backlog. I have yet to see ZxT EVER list how much any game he bought was shipped (Got this beast for $3.28 shipped! Son of a beast on Beyonce's rack killer price!) and he certainly has NEVER posted a video talking about his pick-ups. Sure, ZxT spends more money on games in a month than I have all of this year and probably last year combined, but he has the funds, supports himself, and plays games because it's what he loves.

Yeah, I think I am gonna date that dude, now. ;)

[quote name='Vulgarism']
Yeah, I think I am gonna date that dude, now. ;)[/QUOTE]NOOOO you have abandoned me! I guess I will go and date Shokotan instead!

[quote name='jab1235']yea, some of the crappy games for the :360: actuly look kinda fun, and their cheap :D[/QUOTE]

They actually are. I would have to say that on the :360: alone I have liked more shovelware games than on every other system combined.

Clive Barker's Jericho was an excellent game, most would classify it as shovelware but it is quite fun. I just traded in the remainder of my games off of my TL today to GS cuz of the 30% bump and got Sherlock Holmes Vs Jack The Ripper. Shovelware but looks promising.

No pictures

From Amazon
:ps3: Bioshock 2 32.99 shipped
:ps3: Tekken 6 LE 39.99 shipped

From Kmart
:ps3: FFXIII 33.15 shipped

From Etokki.com
8 Sanwa OBSF-30 pushbuttons 20 shipped

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta'][img-l=6061]14474[/img-l][img-l=6061]14475[/img-l][img-l=6061]14476[/img-l][img-l=6061]14477[/img-l][img-l=6061]14478[/img-l]

Various game pick-ups in the first two. That is a 2nd copy of Sakura Wars to keep sealed.

The last 3 are all of figure pick ups. Finally got a complete set of FFXIII Trading Arts. Also shelled out a bit for that Sephiroth Static Arts Figure. Got a deal on it though. It was $300 when it first came out and I got it for half-price :D[/QUOTE]

Going to play Mimana? I'd be curious of your thoughts on it.. It's not getting exactly glowing reviews...

[quote name='Denzalo']Going to play Mimana? I'd be curious of your thoughts on it.. It's not getting exactly glowing reviews...[/QUOTE]

I played it for a couple of hours thus far (didn't want to play it too much because I will be traveling in 2 weeks so the PSP & DS will get lots of love.

The graphics are good, the voiceovers are pretty good as well. The combat system is a retarded Tales clone. It is alright. I mean I used a flip during the take $25 off $30 purchase trade in deal at GS. So $15 er uh $20 (counting the cost of the $5 game) wasn't going to kill me. I will post more thoughts once I get further in. My friend told me that once you get further it gets better.

[IMG-L=6061]14505[/IMG-L]

Speaking of GS trade-ins. Just traded leftovers from my list (minus a few) in to GS today with the +30% (40 with edge) trade in deal. Picked all of those up and with Credit and paid like $6 or so cuz of Silent Hill. Someone traded in Super Street Fighter IV already. So at $30 for it was a good price. Disc has no scratches, manager said someone traded it in day after it came out.

fire_thief
I'm sorry man, but you have a problem. I'm not trying to hate on you, I'm serious. You have a spending problem.
I can't even begin to imagine how much money you could have by the time you were 28 if you were wise with your money. I never had as much money to blow as you did, but at almost 26, if I could go back to be your age, I would be much more wise with my money, and it saddens me to see you waste your money the way you do.
Game spending is fine. Gaming is a hobby. Buy a few games you wanna play and enjoy. Life is short, so why not. But you are buying just to buy. You won't even play 80% of what you have bought. That's probably a low estimate as well.

Again, not trying to hate. Just saying, I think you have a spending addiction.

bread's done
Back