Photo
- - - - -

30% Off Previously Played Games @ GoHastings.com (Starts 5/4)

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 cusoman

cusoman

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:26 PM

Snagging this from Slickdeals, but starting tomorrow, 5/4, a new coupon code will go live for 30% off previously played games at www.gohastings.com .

Code: HAST52

For those that haven't ordered used games off GoHastings before, the overall experience has been positive, with game cases sent with the game in most instances. Do it to it.

Linkback: http://slickdeals.ne...72101&t=2007014

Edited by cusoman, 04 May 2010 - 01:49 PM.

Posted Image

#2 kingtut313

kingtut313

What Up Doe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:56 PM

hmmm i might have to try gohastings for the first time then
Posted Image

#3 sokari

sokari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:11 PM

Here are some of my considerations:

(prices are under assumption of 3020% off)

Resonance of Fate (REG $41.78) $33.42 after coupon - assuming I can't find it at my local kmart

Heavy Rain (REG $38.48)$30.78 after coupon - better than Amazon by a few bucks

Uncharted 2 (REG $33.41) $26.73 after coupon - I do not know of any used copies for less than this

Star Ocean 4 (REG $42.64) $34.11 after coupon - if you'd rather not get the Zavii EU version

Bayonetta (REG $25.65) $20.52 after coupon - lowest price after kmart's $30 for new I believe

**Shipping is not considered for any of these

If it only works on PV games, this'll be useless then =l

Edited by sokari, 04 May 2010 - 12:25 PM.

#4 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:11 PM

The only bad thing about % sales from GoHastings now is that you're really only saving 20% on any amount over $11, since the discount on that first $11 really only nets you free shipping. I prefer the B2G1 for $1, but there could be some good finds with this.

#5 Hodaka

Hodaka

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:00 PM

Doesn't this ad say 30%? It's a bit hard to read, but it looks like the same code..

http://www.gohasting...ageName=storead

edit: black square, mid-page..

#6 derekg52

derekg52

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:08 PM

I see 30%, I don't see anything that says 20% for video games, graphic is also low res when zoomed in

Edit: Do they normally ship games without the manual or case? I don't see it in the listing anywhere for a particular game.

#7 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:11 PM

It's likely 30% for their retail stores and 20% online. They have done 30% off sales online from time to time though so who knows.

#8 JaxMoney

JaxMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:15 PM

not bad

#9 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:15 PM

Actually this is live, and it is indeed taking off 30%! Order now before everything sells out!

edit: Okay I only tested it on DVD's but it doesn't seem to be working on games yet

#10 derekg52

derekg52

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:16 PM

What is the deal with cases and manuals??

#11 JaxMoney

JaxMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:19 PM

I don't know, but Glyde.com too =/...

#12 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:21 PM

Everything I've gotten in the past (like 10 games) have come with the original case and manual. I've had a nearly perfect experience with them so far. Only one time they sent me the first Lumines game instead of the second, but I dind't mind since I never played either. And one other time a case was kind of damaged. The games themselves have been perfect.

#13 derekg52

derekg52

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:22 PM

Everything I've gotten in the past (like 10 games) have come with the original case and manual. I've had a nearly perfect experience with them so far. Only one time they sent me the first Lumines game instead of the second, but I dind't mind since I never played either. And one other time a case was kind of damaged. The games themselves have been perfect.

But as far as you know, they make no mentioning that the case or manual is required for sale?

#14 cusoman

cusoman

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:24 PM

Doesn't this ad say 30%? It's a bit hard to read, but it looks like the same code..

http://www.gohasting...ageName=storead

edit: black square, mid-page..

It's possible the same code applies differently to different items. I do see what you're saying and we'll see how it applies come tomorrow when it goes live for video games.

Yes, you can apply the coupon now, but you won't see any effect on game items in your cart yet.
Posted Image

#15 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:24 PM

But as far as you know, they make no mentioning that the case or manual is required for sale?

Nope I don't think there's any guarantee on their site or anything.

#16 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:25 PM

Does anyone know if this the coupon is multi-use? I'm wanting to place one order now before something sells out, but I know I'll find more to buy later.

BTW, blu-rays are not included.

#17 cusoman

cusoman

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:26 PM

Nope I don't think there's any guarantee on their site or anything.

From their FAQ page:

• What is your guarantee on used products?

Due to the nature of used products; booklet inserts, digital movie downloads and manuals are not guaranteed in our used movies, video games and CDs. We do, however, guarantee full functionality on all used media sold at our stores or at www.goHastings.com

Posted Image

#18 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:26 PM

There you go :)

#19 sokari

sokari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:29 PM

Does anyone know if this the coupon is multi-use? I'm wanting to place one order now before something sells out, but I know I'll find more to buy later.

BTW, blu-rays are not included.

The last time a 30% coupon was out, I used it for about 4 separate orders. YMM(possibly)V this time around but I doubt it.

#20 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

The last time a 30% coupon was out, I used it for about 4 separate orders. YMM(possibly)V this time around but I doubt it.

Yeah, I'm assuming it is multi-use, but I was just wondering if someone had already tried.

I'm getting the discount on dvds and books, but not games.

#21 derekg52

derekg52

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:37 PM

Trying to figure out if its worth it, I like the prices on several of their used games, but between the iffyness of the manual / case situation and the hefty $2.28 per game ship charge, not sure if it's worth it.

#22 zippyzip

zippyzip

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:38 PM

Doesn't appear to be taking anything off on games yet...might try tomorrow.

#23 CD6405

CD6405

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:44 PM

Yea, I just tried it on a game and it's not removing anything.
Posted Image

#24 kimbaka

kimbaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:47 PM

Some of you should try to actually read the original post before making replies.

"Snagging this from Slickdeals, but starting tomorrow, 5/4, a new coupon code will go live for 20% off previously played games at www.gohastings.com ."

#25 JaxMoney

JaxMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:50 PM

Yeah, lol... some are just a little too anxious

#26 cusoman

cusoman

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

Some of you should try to actually read the original post before making replies.

"Snagging this from Slickdeals, but starting tomorrow, 5/4, a new coupon code will go live for 20% off previously played games at www.gohastings.com ."

Updated the subject to be more clear on this... hopefully there won't be anymore premature e-cag-ulators here :P
Posted Image

#27 CD6405

CD6405

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:54 PM

Except someone said the deal is already live, and that's why some of us tried it?
Posted Image

#28 zippyzip

zippyzip

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:59 PM

Yeah some of us jumped on early reports this was live as well as the the fact maybe some of us were trying to jump on it as not to miss out on a game we might really want. Perhaps posts indicating a deal is Live when it's actually not be removed to avoid confusion?

#29 zippyzip

zippyzip

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:50 AM

Updated the subject to be more clear on this... hopefully there won't be anymore premature e-cag-ulators here :P

Thanks for the updated post cuso...now I just got to remember to place my order early tomorrow.:applause:

#30 jubeininja69

jubeininja69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:05 AM

the the shipping is so high on cheap games.