30% Off Previously Played Games @ GoHastings.com (Starts 5/4)

cusoman

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some of my considerations:

(prices are under assumption of 3020% off)

Resonance of Fate (REG $41.78) $33.42 after coupon - assuming I can't find it at my local kmart

Heavy Rain (REG $38.48)$30.78 after coupon - better than Amazon by a few bucks

Uncharted 2 (REG $33.41) $26.73 after coupon - I do not know of any used copies for less than this

Star Ocean 4 (REG $42.64) $34.11 after coupon - if you'd rather not get the Zavii EU version

Bayonetta (REG $25.65) $20.52 after coupon - lowest price after kmart's $30 for new I believe

**Shipping is not considered for any of these

If it only works on PV games, this'll be useless then =l

The only bad thing about % sales from GoHastings now is that you're really only saving 20% on any amount over $11, since the discount on that first $11 really only nets you free shipping. I prefer the B2G1 for $1, but there could be some good finds with this.

I see 30%, I don't see anything that says 20% for video games, graphic is also low res when zoomed in

Edit: Do they normally ship games without the manual or case? I don't see it in the listing anywhere for a particular game.

It's likely 30% for their retail stores and 20% online. They have done 30% off sales online from time to time though so who knows.

Actually this is live, and it is indeed taking off 30%! Order now before everything sells out!

edit: Okay I only tested it on DVD's but it doesn't seem to be working on games yet

Everything I've gotten in the past (like 10 games) have come with the original case and manual. I've had a nearly perfect experience with them so far. Only one time they sent me the first Lumines game instead of the second, but I dind't mind since I never played either. And one other time a case was kind of damaged. The games themselves have been perfect.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Everything I've gotten in the past (like 10 games) have come with the original case and manual. I've had a nearly perfect experience with them so far. Only one time they sent me the first Lumines game instead of the second, but I dind't mind since I never played either. And one other time a case was kind of damaged. The games themselves have been perfect.[/QUOTE]
But as far as you know, they make no mentioning that the case or manual is required for sale?

[quote name='Hodaka']Doesn't this ad say 30%? It's a bit hard to read, but it looks like the same code..

http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=storead

edit: black square, mid-page..[/QUOTE]
It's possible the same code applies differently to different items. I do see what you're saying and we'll see how it applies come tomorrow when it goes live for video games.

Yes, you can apply the coupon now, but you won't see any effect on game items in your cart yet.

[quote name='derekg52']But as far as you know, they make no mentioning that the case or manual is required for sale?[/QUOTE]

Nope I don't think there's any guarantee on their site or anything.

Does anyone know if this the coupon is multi-use? I'm wanting to place one order now before something sells out, but I know I'll find more to buy later.

BTW, blu-rays are not included.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Nope I don't think there's any guarantee on their site or anything.[/QUOTE]
From their FAQ page:

• What is your guarantee on used products?
Due to the nature of used products; booklet inserts, digital movie downloads and manuals are not guaranteed in our used movies, video games and CDs. We do, however, guarantee full functionality on all used media sold at our stores or at www.goHastings.com

[quote name='dino88']Does anyone know if this the coupon is multi-use? I'm wanting to place one order now before something sells out, but I know I'll find more to buy later.

BTW, blu-rays are not included.[/QUOTE]

The last time a 30% coupon was out, I used it for about 4 separate orders. YMM(possibly)V this time around but I doubt it.

[quote name='sokari']The last time a 30% coupon was out, I used it for about 4 separate orders. YMM(possibly)V this time around but I doubt it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm assuming it is multi-use, but I was just wondering if someone had already tried.

I'm getting the discount on dvds and books, but not games.

Trying to figure out if its worth it, I like the prices on several of their used games, but between the iffyness of the manual / case situation and the hefty $2.28 per game ship charge, not sure if it's worth it.

Some of you should try to actually read the original post before making replies.

"Snagging this from Slickdeals, but starting tomorrow, 5/4, a new coupon code will go live for 20% off previously played games at www.gohastings.com ."

[quote name='kimbaka']Some of you should try to actually read the original post before making replies.

"Snagging this from Slickdeals, but starting tomorrow, 5/4, a new coupon code will go live for 20% off previously played games at www.gohastings.com ."[/QUOTE]
Updated the subject to be more clear on this... hopefully there won't be anymore premature e-cag-ulators here :p

Yeah some of us jumped on early reports this was live as well as the the fact maybe some of us were trying to jump on it as not to miss out on a game we might really want. Perhaps posts indicating a deal is Live when it's actually not be removed to avoid confusion?

[quote name='cusoman']Updated the subject to be more clear on this... hopefully there won't be anymore premature e-cag-ulators here :p[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the updated post cuso...now I just got to remember to place my order early tomorrow.:applause:

I've been trying to do this for some video games and I had no luck. I tried putting a dvd in there and applying the code and only the DVD went down in price. I guess it doesn't work for video games...

[quote name='Stingermck']Too bad its PV and not PV and Used since some games are not stocked in both conditions.[/QUOTE]

It's for used and pv. Why would you think otherwise?

[quote name='dino88']It's for used and pv. Why would you think otherwise?[/QUOTE]

Because the OP only mentions previously played games. If its both, than yay! Hastings is weird sometime. Like not discounting certain box sets, blu-ray, etc.

[quote name='Stingermck']Because the OP only mentions previously played games. If its both, than yay! Hastings is weird sometime. Like not discounting certain box sets, blu-ray, etc.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, his title says used. Every time they've had a discount code it's included both.

Box sets are a new addition as far as I know. They were never included until the past HASTINGS code. I just bought that Jodorowsky set for $14 shipped.

update: Well, the banner on the site does say previously viewed, so maybe used games aren't included. Strange. And it is only 20%, not 30. Regardless, the code is still not working and it's past midnight.

If it's 30% I will most likely get some stuff but 20% is kinda meg with the shipping charges now.

It has to be the specially marked "previously viewed" games, otherwise known as RENTALS.

Edit: Still doesn't seem to be working right now....

It seems to be working for some games and others not. I had 8 games in my cart that were all used, it only took 30% off of one of them. Not quite sure why.

Edit: Make sure that the games are previously viewed and not marked as used.

got my games in cart, just waiting for the code to work....

edit: well it looks like it only works on Previously owned games like the poster above said....not that many titles to choose from, only got The Saboteur for $14 total, I hope it comes with the original box at least..lol

So previously viewed = rental? I tried looking on their site for a confirmation of that but couldn't find it. The discount isn't that stellar either, basically negates their shipping. Sucks that it is also hit or miss for manual and case, maybe I'll just skip this one.

Yeah I was annoyed enough by the lack of definition between "previously viewed" and "used" on their site that I won't be completing my order for what I had in the cart. Would have been worth it if it was applied to used games as well. Lame...

Yeah think I'll pass on this, considering it's only valid on Previously Viewed copies. No guarantee of manual, case condition etc.... and a lot of the better games are not available PV. That per item shipping really bites.

Off hand - I had 2 DVD sets in my cart last night. Went to bed, and checked the cart this morning - the total had jumped up $3 overnight! Not too fond of that little practice...

Same here! My items jumped about 3 dollars each as well! Another strike against this site. Won't go back any time soon.

bread's done
Back