Amazon: Wii with Wii Sports Resort - Black for $200 shipped

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 linkbear

linkbear

Too Cool For School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:19 AM

But would you lose all your wii shop games that were purchased on the old wii.

Your wii shop games are tied to your my nintendo account, and not the console. So it would be fine actually.

#32 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:39 PM

Your wii shop games are tied to your my nintendo account, and not the console. So it would be fine actually.

Umm... nope. The only way to get your wii shop games on another wii is to send the wii in for repair when it's broken, and get a replacement, to which they will transfer your stuff if you ask, and which certainly won't be black unless the original one was the same color. In Europe they have a deal where you can send in two Wii consoles and have them transfer everything over, but as far as I know this isn't available in the US. Plus, that is just nuts. Nintendo needs to put out a transfer kit or *something*, but there is no sign of that. If buy a new Wii, kiss your Wii shop purchases good bye. Same with the DSi.

Crunchewy.png

#33 linkbear

linkbear

Too Cool For School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:44 AM

Umm... nope. The only way to get your wii shop games on another wii is to send the wii in for repair when it's broken, and get a replacement, to which they will transfer your stuff if you ask, and which certainly won't be black unless the original one was the same color. In Europe they have a deal where you can send in two Wii consoles and have them transfer everything over, but as far as I know this isn't available in the US. Plus, that is just nuts. Nintendo needs to put out a transfer kit or *something*, but there is no sign of that. If buy a new Wii, kiss your Wii shop purchases good bye. Same with the DSi.

I actually sold my wii in the past because I was short for cash. I later bought it again, and I was able to redownload all my games again. I did this in the US, so maybe it's something they phased out (I did this in early 2007).

#34 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:14 AM

I actually sold my wii in the past because I was short for cash. I later bought it again, and I was able to redownload all my games again. I did this in the US, so maybe it's something they phased out (I did this in early 2007).

If its the same Wii that'd work, but was it a different Wii you bought back?
[cp][/cp]

#35 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

Mine says shipping soon, hopefully ships out today/tonight and gets here by tuesday.

#36 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

Mine says shipping soon, hopefully ships out today/tonight and gets here by tuesday.

Good to know. Keep me posted. :lol:
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#37 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:49 PM

Good to know. Keep me posted. :lol:

I'll be sure to :D

#38 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:51 PM

I'll be sure to :D

Please do because I will not be able to sleep just thinking about your shipment :lol:

#39 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:52 PM

Please do because I will not be able to sleep just thinking about your shipment :lol:

Oh, I figured as much. I'll give you an update in an hour.

#40 Mossygirl

Mossygirl

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:27 PM

Mine shipped out today, so I'd say there's a good chance of that. I was pretty surprised since the estimated shipping date was May 14, but I'm certainly not complaining :applause:

#41 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:03 PM

Mine shipped out today, so I'd say there's a good chance of that. I was pretty surprised since the estimated shipping date was May 14, but I'm certainly not complaining :applause:

Whats your estimated date now? Mines still listed as the 12th.

#42 dowlichr

dowlichr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:10 PM

The new black Wii looks much better, now whats next for Nintendo. Could we possibly see Wii's the same color as we did all the N64's back in the day?

#43 EarthKing

EarthKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:47 PM

I am interested in getting this...I was wondering, does amazon charge sales tax in Nevada?...I'm moving there soon and I was wondering if NV is one of those rare states that they charge tax.

EDIT: Never-mind here's the list of states they charge taxes in http://www.amazon.co...73355692&sr=1-1

Edited by EarthKing, 08 May 2010 - 09:59 PM.

Posted Image

#44 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:02 AM

The new black Wii looks much better, now whats next for Nintendo.

Does the black Wii do 1080p? or is the same 480p? :roll:

Unbelievable that people are going nuts for a console with a different color. Sony and Microsoft don't seem to have much luck with this. It seemed that most people didn't care about the Silver PS3 nor the Halo Green 360. What's the deal with the Nintendo crowd? They are hipnotized by Nintendo.

#45 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:14 AM

That or white is a horrible color so it's nice to have it in black...?

#46 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:39 AM

Sounds so wrong :p

W...why? The guy likes the way the Wii looks in the black color so he's going to give his girlfriend his current console and pick up the new bundle.

Maybe I'm lost here.

oIi9lub.png

#47 snakelda

snakelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:31 PM

Weird.

#48 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:46 PM

W...why? The guy likes the way the Wii looks in the black color so he's going to give his girlfriend his current console and pick up the new bundle.

Maybe I'm lost here.

LoL, I was trying to make a joke, I guess I failed :p

#49 Mossygirl

Mossygirl

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:25 AM

Whats your estimated date now? Mines still listed as the 12th.

My delivery estimate is the 11th.

#50 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:08 AM

I suspect a color swap is what Nintendo thinks will turn around their diminishing sales numbers, but when this temporary measure fails and PS3 comes out with the Move to push their Sony version of Wii HD, Nintendo will unleash the Wii HD.

Probably next year around this same time. Having a functionally identical White Wii, I'll wait for that HD model. At this point, its inevitable. A Wii with HDMI would be awesome. Though... I say that about all source devices. Haha.

#51 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:22 AM

My delivery estimate is the 11th.

Lucky :p

Mine still hasn't shipped!

#52 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:49 AM

I wonder if these black wii's will be the fanless versions with the 65nm processors? I would be interested to find this out if anyone gets their hands on one.

#53 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

Just received mine, had a big puncture on the outside box, that drove in and busted the airbag on the inside and continue to puncture through the Wii box. I don't think anything inside was hit but this is bullshit, looks like someone did this on purpose. Anyone know what Amazon's stance on this is? Will they replace it?

#54 DarthWar

DarthWar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:13 PM

Was it shipped via UPS? Amazon is good they will replace it or give you some $$$ back.

#55 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:21 PM

Was it shipped via UPS? Amazon is good they will replace it or give you some $$$ back.

Yeah it was UPS, have no idea how this was done. Something had to of been shoved into it.

#56 estofan

estofan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

Yup. I once had a 360 video game shipped to me damaged (outer case was cracked and disc inside was loose). Envelope it shipped in was torn as well. Amazon offered to replace it if I sent back the damaged game or to give 10 or 15% back the purchase price if I decide to keep it (I forgot exactly how much).

#57 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

Amazing, I sent in an email asking what could be done about it and not 5 mins go by I get a reply saying another is being shipped out(one-day shipping) and to send the other one back in. Awesome!

#58 drjki

drjki

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:24 PM

Yup. I once had a 360 video game shipped to me damaged (outer case was cracked and disc inside was loose). Envelope it shipped in was torn as well. Amazon offered to replace it if I sent back the damaged game or to give 10 or 15% back the purchase price if I decide to keep it (I forgot exactly how much).

that's why i like them had similar situation and never had problems with their service...always on time and even is something is damaged ,support don't Fuck you...Posted Image