Photo
- - - - -

Will females have a better chance of getting hired...

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 nicoleee

nicoleee

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:34 PM

...at Gamestop? I was thinking about applying there this weekend, since one of my friends knows the manager. Would the manager consider hiring female workers to attract customers?:roll:

#2 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:37 PM

More than likely yes.

New sig coming soon.

#3 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:40 PM

Yup. You will likely have an easier time convincing people to preorder games as well.
Posted Image

#4 VertigoMotel

VertigoMotel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:42 PM

Probably, but im not a doctor sooo I don't know all the answers.

well unless he's an asshole and thinks "oh she's a girl she doesn't know as much about video games as a guy would."

#5 TheCapn010

TheCapn010

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:46 PM

A girl works at the Gamestop at the mall. I like her alot better than the guy with the Mega Man tatoos.

#6 RchrdJ

RchrdJ

Gamingsurvival.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:46 PM

well unless he's an asshole and thinks "oh she's a girl she doesn't know as much about video games as a guy would."

From my experiences at Gamestop, video game knowledge isn't a requirement. More than 60% of the employees I've come across barely know the differences between the three major consoles.

#7 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

Depends on the manager. Some will think "hey, an attractive girl who knows about video games? She could fit perfectly here!" Other managers will think "I don't think the customers will trust the word of a girl over a guy, so she's out."

11317.png

#8 VertigoMotel

VertigoMotel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:50 PM

From my experiences at Gamestop, video game knowledge isn't a requirement. More than 60% of the employees I've come across barely know the differences between the three major consoles.

oh lol, well the gamestop near my house the guys know thier gaming counsels and games very well.

#9 nicoleee

nicoleee

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:51 PM

Exactly. I know about a lot about video games, but it's all about selling the product. General knowledge of video game is a sufficient enough requirement in my opinion.

#10 VertigoMotel

VertigoMotel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:53 PM

Depends on the manager. Some will think "hey, an attractive girl who knows about video games? She could fit perfectly here!" Other managers will think "I don't think the customers will trust the word of a girl over a guy, so she's out."

No one said anything about an ATTRACTIVE girl
lol
ok im not doubting miss nicole's looks but not every girl is pretty out there.

what would the manager say to an ugly girl who wants the job?

#11 nicoleee

nicoleee

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:54 PM

No one said anything about an ATTRACTIVE girl
lol
ok im not doubting miss nicole's looks but not every girl is pretty out there.

what would the manager say to an ugly girl who wants the job?

"She must know A LOT about games!" (:

#12 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:56 PM

Dye your hair blue and get a lip ring. Then you'll get the job. Gamestop hires more weirdos than Hot Topic. But you'll never be a manager. You have to be a cleancut arrogant doughboy to go that far up the ladder.

#13 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:56 PM

only if you wear low cut tops and short skirts then youre in. there are chicks that work at gamestop just be prepared to have random customer get attached to you and then cause you to lose your job because of it.

#14 VertigoMotel

VertigoMotel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:57 PM

...Im dying my hair blue/purple and getting my eyebrow and belly button pierced.....what are you saying? you calling me weird boi????

#15 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:58 PM

I managed a Gamestop many years ago. Especially during holiday season....one at the counter/register and one on the floor. But they were both gamers. Know your stuff and you're fine....unless your work ethic sucks.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#16 RchrdJ

RchrdJ

Gamingsurvival.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:03 PM

Dye your hair blue and get a lip ring. Then you'll get the job. Gamestop hires more weirdos than Hot Topic.

Lol, this is 100% correct.

#17 nicoleee

nicoleee

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:06 PM

I managed a Gamestop many years ago. Especially during holiday season....one at the counter/register and one on the floor. But they were both gamers. Know your stuff and you're fine....unless your work ethic sucks.

Alright. Thank you.

#18 sml_mndz

sml_mndz

I LOVE FANSERVICE XD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:08 PM

just be prepared to have random customer get attached to you and then cause you to lose your job because of it.

This.
Posted Image

#19 5of9

5of9

Resistance is Futile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:10 PM

And check out the totally related video.

Posted Image

#20 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:22 PM

...Im dying my hair blue/purple and getting my eyebrow and belly button pierced.....what are you saying? you calling me weird boi????

If the designer combat boot fits...

#21 VertigoMotel

VertigoMotel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:22 PM

If the designer combat boot fits...

There called platform boots, and they were 160$!

#22 Chuplayer

Chuplayer

Anticitizen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:32 PM

Girl? Yes. Asian girl? Hell yes.
Boycotting Digital Press for blatant anti-Semitism.

#23 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:33 PM

I just wanna know if that's really Kevin playing drums in that video.

11317.png

#24 5of9

5of9

Resistance is Futile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:35 PM

I just wanna know if that's really Kevin playing drums in that video.

When they premiered the video on AOTS, he said how cool it was to play with those guys. Nobody ripped on him so it seemed like he was really playing.

Posted Image

#25 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:50 AM

Kevin does play the drums.

#26 gargus

gargus

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:37 AM

Im guessing they will hire anyone thats female since the store managers arent exactly real management material, they act like as big of a horses ass as the normal employees.

Every woman Ive run into at lamestop do not stay there long, usually dont know alot about games and arent very polite.

#27 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:31 AM

Wow, that was awesome. I read the title and was thinking in my head, "yea at Gamestop" then I clicked through. That's basically their #1 requirement; 1. Do you have titties? 2. Do you know nothing about games - thus not being able to formulate your own opinions so we can control what you try and sell?. If both yes, welcome aboard!

My friends gf went in to apply at Gamestop a while back and as she was handing them her application her top fell down and her boob popped out. She got the job but she didnt take it out of embarrassment. I couldn't believe it was her haha.

Kevin does play the drums.

I love the look on the drummers face like, "Shit... Rock Band can teach you that well? Well, I'm fucked."

#28 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:29 PM

I don't think your gender will do you any harm OP, good luck if you decide to apply.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#29 Fortune_P_Dawg

Fortune_P_Dawg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:28 PM

Wow, that was awesome. I read the title and was thinking in my head, "yea at Gamestop" then I clicked through. That's basically their #1 requirement; 1. Do you have titties? 2. Do you know nothing about games - thus not being able to formulate your own opinions so we can control what you try and sell?. If both yes, welcome aboard!

My friends gf went in to apply at Gamestop a while back and as she was handing them her application her top fell down and her boob popped out. She got the job but she didnt take it out of embarrassment. I couldn't believe it was her haha.

I love the look on the drummers face like, "Shit... Rock Band can teach you that well? Well, I'm fucked."

That's hilarious! :lol:

I worked at Gamestop for 6 months back when I was in college. It was okay, some of the customers can be a bit much. There was this short, early-thirties, bearded, white guy who wore a cape and sandals who used to come in and talk about Metroid for hours! Yes, hours!

#30 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:50 PM

I'm shocked and appalled that we have made it to page two, yet nobody on CAG has posted the obligatory.....

This thread is useless without pics.

MLIFTgM.gif