Photo
- - - - -

Will females have a better chance of getting hired...

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#31 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:27 PM

Almost every game store I go to has a girl working at the counter.
Posted Image

#32 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

that could make for a cool post hott videogame store girls.

#33 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:02 PM

The real question is why would you want to work there and deal with mouth breathers all day?

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#34 Guest_strongpimphand_*

Guest_strongpimphand_*

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:21 PM

a whole thread and no pics????

da Fuck is going on here?!?!?!

....when i HAVE to go to gamestop (i rather order all my games online for cheapness) i seemingly always see a female in there. sometimes good looking...other times eh at best. so i'm sure the two locations in my town don't discriminate.

and male or female....it always seems like 1 person knows the deal and everyone else couldn't tell you a damn thing.

so while you probably don't live in my town, i'd hope that if you get hired there, that you KNOW at least a bit about gaming. that's like when i used to work at a store that i didn't know shit about. it frustrated me and it frustrated the customers.

#35 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:59 PM

For those requesting pics, look at her profile pervs.

/notaperv

#36 Guest_strongpimphand_*

Guest_strongpimphand_*

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:49 AM

nevermind...looks young judging off that photo alone

no pedo bear here!

#37 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:32 AM

The real question is why would you want to work there and deal with mouth breathers all day?

Damn I was going to post this.

You'll get hired for sure if you ask them to stick it in your po....that's probably not appropriate for the situation right?

I will go with the next best answer: book

Formerly known as slickkill77

#38 dmlopr

dmlopr

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:21 AM

I don't see why you shouldn't apply, especially if you're nice person to be around. A downside may be that your coworkers could spend too much time trying to make you happy instead of the customers. But that's their problem, not yours. I don't often go to the shops in my area but when I do, the guys are usually polite. Maybe my wife brings the attention.;)

Good luck.

#39 goukill1120

goukill1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:56 AM

I'd preorder more games if the local gamestop had a gal as cute as the OP

#40 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:18 AM

Music video was ruined by letting Olivia Munn speak.
Posted Image

where scoob

#41 packerfan10

packerfan10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:27 AM

Gamestop is just like "The Geek Squad". A few years ago they had internal documents that leaked out on the web. They had "a worker should have 40% knowledge and 60% sales ability". Thats what I find at most Gamestops. I have noticed throughout the years the people who know the most do not stay for long. The people who sell do.

#42 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:35 AM

*Ding* Wanna get away... ?

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#43 Sigma

Sigma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:38 AM

...at Gamestop? I was thinking about applying there this weekend, since one of my friends knows the manager. Would the manager consider hiring female workers to attract customers?:roll:

As a former manager of Gamestop I can tell you with much confidence, YES. But there is a catch, they will only hire females who are attractive unless the manager is a female. I've seen and worked with many women who had no clue when it came to video games, but they were hot and they sold a lot.

So basically if you are an attractive female and you walk into a Gamestop and ask for an application and turn it in, expect a phone call within the week if the store is actually hiring. Also expect to be poorly trained (if at all), get awful hours, close to minimum wage pay, and you will be hit on by every nerd that comes into the store.

Gamestop has gotten progressively worse as a company ever since the merger. A lot of shady activity goes on in the company and they have one of the highest turn over rates in the U.S. for employment. I worked there for 5 years and saw my staff change 4 times, district mangers change 2 times, and three different store managers. As well as a couple of managers in training that left before they got moved up (probably because they were being trained for the better part of a year!).

The company is ass backwards in almost everything they do, outside of ripping customers off on a daily basis and making sure customers continue to shop and trade in there.

The discount there is merely alright and isn't great, you get 15% off new games and 25% off used (you need an EDGE card for that extra 10%). The discount does not apply towards NEW consoles.

Of course that is only my experience working in the Indiana area Gamestop stores, but from what I have heard other employees tell me and read about online, my district wasn't the only awful one.

Gamestop is just like "The Geek Squad". A few years ago they had internal documents that leaked out on the web. They had "a worker should have 40% knowledge and 60% sales ability". Thats what I find at most Gamestops. I have noticed throughout the years the people who know the most do not stay for long. The people who sell do.

This is true, they will find a way to fire someone with video game knowledge. I am vastly knowledgeable about video games and I could sell like crazy and they got rid of me, same with a couple of my friends I used to work with. I've always thought the store manager looked at me as a threat to his job because I out sold him on a weekly basis for 3 years and was vocal about wanting to move up from assistant to store manager.

Oh btw, Gamestop has the policy. You can have 0% knowledge of the product they sell and a little sales experience or a cute face and a nice rack. Either way it's a hard sell when the only controller you know how to use looks like a toy guitar.
Posted Image Posted Image

#44 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:07 PM

OP, if you apply you'll probably get hired. You're pretty attractive.
Posted Image

#45 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:37 PM

OP, if you apply you'll probably get hired. You're pretty attractive.

Agreed. You should apply at the Gamestop near me. I doubt any of the guys that work there have ever talked to a girl.

#46 mis0

mis0

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:50 PM

I've only seen two girls that were GameStop employees in my life.

1. She was this super hot Latina chick who was very well endowed and didn't mind showing off the goods. It was even hotter when she talked about putting 90+ hours into Fallout 3. She works at this GameStop about 15-20 miles from where I live. I don't like going there much because it's the "ghetto" and I'm always being hit up for money by the GameStop door man--a bum I like to call Crazy GameStop Hobo.

2. Some dungeon and dragon's nerdling girl with a bowl cut and a well endowed upper lip (of hair). She constantly asks me to pre-order every game she can think of whenever I decide to stop by during a B2G1 or with a coupon in hand. Unfortunately, she works at the GameStop closest to me and she's been there 9/10 times I've went. It's pretty horrible.

[mis0's tradelist]

#47 Guest_strongpimphand_*

Guest_strongpimphand_*

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:24 PM

As a former manager of Gamestop I can tell you with much confidence, YES. But there is a catch, they will only hire females who are attractive unless the manager is a female. I've seen and worked with many women who had no clue when it came to video games, but they were hot and they sold a lot.

So basically if you are an attractive female and you walk into a Gamestop and ask for an application and turn it in, expect a phone call within the week if the store is actually hiring. Also expect to be poorly trained (if at all), get awful hours, close to minimum wage pay, and you will be hit on by every nerd that comes into the store.

Gamestop has gotten progressively worse as a company ever since the merger. A lot of shady activity goes on in the company and they have one of the highest turn over rates in the U.S. for employment. I worked there for 5 years and saw my staff change 4 times, district mangers change 2 times, and three different store managers. As well as a couple of managers in training that left before they got moved up (probably because they were being trained for the better part of a year!).

The company is ass backwards in almost everything they do, outside of ripping customers off on a daily basis and making sure customers continue to shop and trade in there.

The discount there is merely alright and isn't great, you get 15% off new games and 25% off used (you need an EDGE card for that extra 10%). The discount does not apply towards NEW consoles.

Of course that is only my experience working in the Indiana area Gamestop stores, but from what I have heard other employees tell me and read about online, my district wasn't the only awful one.

This is true, they will find a way to fire someone with video game knowledge. I am vastly knowledgeable about video games and I could sell like crazy and they got rid of me, same with a couple of my friends I used to work with. I've always thought the store manager looked at me as a threat to his job because I out sold him on a weekly basis for 3 years and was vocal about wanting to move up from assistant to store manager.

Oh btw, Gamestop has the policy. You can have 0% knowledge of the product they sell and a little sales experience or a cute face and a nice rack. Either way it's a hard sell when the only controller you know how to use looks like a toy guitar.

To comment on Sigma's 2nd post, that makes sense about the 60/40

I know that if I were hired for Geek Squad...I'd be fired. I wouldn't be able to maintain lies and half-truths. While I have worked plenty of retail jobs in my days...I've always felt bad about lying to customers. And I've seen some of the prices geek squad charges. And I know how EASY some of the stuff is (IE: installing ram)

I'd rather tell them where to find the product in store and give them simple instructions on how to install it themselves or run the programs to clean their computers than rack up my sales goals with pointless shit. Or try to upsell them shit they don't need. And this is why I'm actively pursuing a non-public pc tech job!

BUT...if I were a shareholder, I'd actually want 70/30 sales to knowledge. Few people actually know what these people are doing and even worse, some people don't want to know what these people are doing. They just like the way the geek squad member (or any sales associate for that matter) looks or speaks or carries him/herself. If they really wanted information, they'd easily hop on google and find out.

So you might as well have people who can sell...

#48 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:33 PM

Girl? Yes. Asian girl? Hell yes.

When I applied at Gamestop and I couldn't track the manager down because he literally opened and then called someone into cover for him and then took three days off, I finally found him and the guy said he was in an interview, so I waited. An hour and a half. Nobody could figure out what was taking so long until he walked out with the person he was interviewing; an 18-year-old Asian girl in a skirt.

Suddenly it all made sense.
[URL="http://gamercards.exophase.com/psn/user/theunvisible/"]Posted Image[/URL]

Spoiler

#49 Sigma

Sigma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:10 PM

When I applied at Gamestop and I couldn't track the manager down because he literally opened and then called someone into cover for him and then took three days off, I finally found him and the guy said he was in an interview, so I waited. An hour and a half. Nobody could figure out what was taking so long until he walked out with the person he was interviewing; an 18-year-old Asian girl in a skirt.

Suddenly it all made sense.

No surprise there. The DM when I was still with the company was messing around with this little goth chick from our neighboring district forever and before that DM I had another one who was fired for hooking up with female employees.

My district also had a chick who was a store manager and fairly attractive also had no video game knowledge, but at the conference a few years back she slept with the lead singer from Alien Ant Farm and hilarity ensued.
Posted Image Posted Image

#50 Koggit

Koggit

almost sorry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:29 PM

Attractive girls have a better chance of getting hired anywhere. Attractive girls are familiar with this phenomenon and need not inquire.

Conclusion: Attention-whoring OP is an attention whore.

#51 darkslime

darkslime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:36 PM

If any of you guys ran GameStop it would be run to the ground. Their goal is not to have a bunch of neckbeards with vast knowledge of Final Fantasy who will scream at you and talk down to you whenever you buy a bad game but people who sell fucking games, you don't really need any gaming knowledge to do that just be a good salesman. I think an attractive girl would sell games better than all of you.

#52 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:36 PM

Oh, ouch. What if you don't shop there to begin with because it's against your morals and I can find much better deals anywhere else?

No offense OP.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#53 nicoleee

nicoleee

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:31 AM

Attractive girls have a better chance of getting hired anywhere. Attractive girls are familiar with this phenomenon and need not inquire.

Hey now. I never said ATTRACTIVE girls, just girls in general! I've never had a job at Gamestop so I was just wondering whether they value knowledgable over superficial workers. That is all.

#54 VertigoMotel

VertigoMotel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:37 PM

every girl is an attention whore eh?

lol canadian eh

#55 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

Nah, I don't think feminists are looking for those types.

#56 nicoleee

nicoleee

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:23 PM

lol canadian eh

Lol.

#57 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:48 PM

lol canadian eh

nah just the ones on the internet lol

#58 VertigoMotel

VertigoMotel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:57 PM

ya ursorite
the only reason a female would go on the interenet is obviously for attention.

#59 80473Y3

80473Y3

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:43 AM

And check out the totally related video.

[][]

if you look anything like teh O-Munn then yes.

but in all seriousness, to echo most of the other comments, if you are qualified and they need the position filled, then you're in. you being of the female persuasion is just icing.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#60 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:55 AM

sure