Photo
- - - - -

Will females have a better chance of getting hired...

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 CitizenOne

CitizenOne

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

Seriously OP, post a pic of yourself so that we can assess your ummm... 'competence.'

#62 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:56 PM

Seriously OP, post a pic of yourself so that we can assess your ummm... 'competence.'

http://www.cheapassg...44&type=profile
Posted Image

#63 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:56 PM

^ Needs less tanktop.

#64 Sigma

Sigma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:18 PM

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/image.php?u=257803&dateline=1273113744&type=profile

OP is a very pretty girl. You'd get the job, but if I were you I would go for a management/key holder spot otherwise your hours will be sparse, especially during the Summer.

#65 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:13 AM

Watch the pre-orders fly in.

#66 nicoleee

nicoleee

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:45 AM

Submitted an application today. The manager told me they aren't hiring, so it's very unlikely I will get the job. *shrugs*

#67 CitizenOne

CitizenOne

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:59 AM

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/image.php?u=257803&dateline=1273113744&type=profile

Woah, I know you're not the OP, but I can't believe that actually worked. haha

#68 punklivz

punklivz

CAGmazing!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:02 AM

I don't think they discriminate for any reasons (sex, race, sexual orientation etc). If they did that, and you knew (and could prove it) you could sue them. I live close to 2 gamestops and each of them have 2-3 girls working (at each) one of which is a manager. sorry you didn't get the job, but most of the time it matters who you know ;) (where i live anyways)
join bing and get free microsoft points :)

http://go.microsoft....4D-07A488CEAF45
Posted ImagePosted Image

#69 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:07 AM

Submitted an application today. The manager told me they aren't hiring, so it's very unlikely I will get the job. *shrugs*

guess you didnt wear your i need a job outfit lol
Spoiler
its the only outfit endorsed by the qualified universal employment empowerment femnation.

#70 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:41 AM

Apply for a real job. That pays real money. And has a union so you can be a moderate fuckup and never get fired.

Watch the movie Glengary Glen Ross if you want an idea of what it's like to really work for Gamestop.

#71 VertigoMotel

VertigoMotel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:37 PM

and the harrasment starts

#72 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:54 AM

I have a couple of positions you might be interested in Op...ah sorry I couldn't help myself.

Sucks you didn't get the job at GS but honestly I don't think it's that great a place to work, I remember those vids that dude posted on Youtube about working there and it sounded a bit shitty.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#73 nicoleee

nicoleee

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:15 PM

I have a couple of positions you might be interested in Op...ah sorry I couldn't help myself.

Sucks you didn't get the job at GS but honestly I don't think it's that great a place to work, I remember those vids that dude posted on Youtube about working there and it sounded a bit shitty.

LOL. Yeah, I've heard some mixed reviews about working at Gamestop, but my friends, who happen to be Gamestop fanboys, made the job seem amazing. Oh well, I got a job up in New York instead.

#74 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:32 PM

It's not bad but it's not a real career. No real future or pay there.

#75 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:42 PM

just got back from paying off alan wake and the new girl at my local gamestop is SMOKING....i walked in expecting to see hippie dude, asian manager guy, happy fat man or goth chick who would look good if she wore normal make up and removed all the piercings and I got Natalie Portman's younger sister. SCORE!
Posted Image

#76 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:46 PM

It's not bad but it's not a real career. No real future or pay there.

Yeah, cause they dont have district or regional managers, vp's or any other career level other than in-store bitch or customer service center. The whole company is run at the store level and company wide decisions are made by voting on a numbered box like on America's Funniest Videos

:roll:
Posted Image

#77 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

I was making reference to the retail level of a Gamestop position, which is what most of this thread is referring to. Way to take things out of context.

#78 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:47 PM

just got back from paying off alan wake and the new girl at my local gamestop is SMOKING....i walked in expecting to see hippie dude, asian manager guy, happy fat man or goth chick who would look good if she wore normal make up and removed all the piercings and I got Natalie Portman's younger sister. SCORE!

Did you stick it in her pooper?

#79 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:49 PM

I was making reference to the retail level of a Gamestop position, which is what most of this thread is referring to. Way to take things out of context.

I didnt take anything out of context. If you go into an entry level position and do well and work your way up there is plenty of room expand into the company starting from an in-store position. I have a friend that started out working in Best Buy and he stuck with it. 10 years later he is like a manager of regional strategic marketing.
Posted Image

#80 Guest_strongpimphand_*

Guest_strongpimphand_*

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:50 PM

....so did you get that number???

Because if you didn't, it didn't matter if it was some fat bald man or ugly hideous woman...

#81 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:16 PM

....so did you get that number???

Because if you didn't, it didn't matter if it was some fat bald man or ugly hideous woman...

im married....but I did make it a point to tell my wife how hot the new girl at Gamestop is
Posted Image

#82 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:19 PM

pimphand is right, it doesn't really make a difference if you didn't act on it. I see hot chicks working at stores all the time, it doesn't make them hotter if they work at GS. And I wouldn't call it a score.

#83 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

It's Malik. Ignore him.

#84 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:45 PM

pimphand is right, it doesn't really make a difference if you didn't act on it. I see hot chicks working at stores all the time, it doesn't make them hotter if they work at GS. And I wouldn't call it a score.

true but if shes actually good at games then that would mae a hot chick even hotter.......and if she can cook ..........and has female "friends" who come over for tickle fights...........

#85 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:24 PM

Did you stick it in her pooper?

No, but she stuck in in his when he traded in Madden 09 for $0.50...in store credit.