25% Off Used Games at GameStop.com

• Please log in to reply
658 replies to this topic

#631 rdlee

rdlee

The Ratings Are In!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:09 AM

I got the ONE game I ordered (Resonance of Fate) on Xbox 360 for $30 after all Edge discount and 25% off. It arrived fast and came with the box art and instructions. However, it had a circular sticker around the middle of the disc and when I put it in to play it would never read... upon further inspection via removing the sticker I noticed that the disc was cracked in three places in a bad way. I love how they tried to cover it up.

I took it to my local store to exchange and of course they didn't have another one in stock. I asked them why they "guarantee it to work" on the web site when they clearly didn't check it first. They apologized and offered to refund my money and put it towards a new copy at 65 bucks. I said hell no and took my refund promising to never buy again online. The guy laughed about it and said Oh well and he was sorry again.

Long story short, I learned my lesson, Don't order USED games from Gamestop online, because they could give a crap less about following their own promises. lol.

#632 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:20 AM

Yet people still buy from them. It's hilarious, isn't it? I saw a soccer mom the other day when I was in one of the other local GS stores who actually paid attention to what she bought for her kid and came back in when it didn't have everything it was supposed to.

Then again, the employees took the added content voucher(GOW2:360:) from a gutted new copy and gave it to her, even though she bought her kid a used copy, so now whoever goes to buy that gutted 'newsed' copy will be the one to get fucked over.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#633 Kaijuboy

Kaijuboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:38 AM

I got my sakura wars as well. It was just the game none of the extra stuff. I got a single dvd case so I have to keep the 2nd disc in the envelope. I think I got the canadian cover art as well, which is just the same artwork as the wii version. But sadly no manual. Did you get a manual?

There is NO manual in the case of Sakura Wars, the instructions are in a large oversized book that comes in the box with the artbook/poster. So there will be no manual if you didnt get any of the "extra" stuff.

I saw this in a "unboxing" video on youtube, which pushed me over the edge to buy "new" as I've never known a GS to keep any of the "extra" stuff when something LE is traded in.
Saving the World, One Game at a Time!

#634 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:41 AM

There is NO manual in the case of Sakura Wars, the instructions are in a large oversized book that comes in the box with the artbook/poster. So there will be no manual if you didnt get any of the "extra" stuff.

I saw this in a "unboxing" video on youtube, which pushed me over the edge to buy "new" as I've never known a GS to keep any of the "extra" stuff when something LE is traded in.

This is also known as one of the little perks of working for Gamestop, as you get to supposedly keep all sorts of pre-order goodies that don't get snapped up as well as the 'extras' from LE/SE/CE versions of games that people trade in.

I've overheard more than a few GS employees talking about who's turn it was to take home the goodies.

Posted Image

#635 Gbear09

Gbear09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:18 AM

This is also known as one of the little perks of working for Gamestop, as you get to supposedly keep all sorts of pre-order goodies that don't get snapped up as well as the 'extras' from LE/SE/CE versions of games that people trade in.

I've overheard more than a few GS employees talking about who's turn it was to take home the goodies.

Damn that sucks... luckily all of the used CE's I've snatched up in my area always come complete, along with the DLC unused (bought about five or six of them). Some of those preorder bonuses fetch a decent price too.

BTW, what are these defective stickers people talk about? All the ps3/360 games I have ordered have come complete (except ODST, black case and can only hold one disc) and play just fine.
Currently Playing:

:360: Lost Odyssey, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection
:ps3: Critter Crunch

#636 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:45 PM

Damn that sucks... luckily all of the used CE's I've snatched up in my area always come complete, along with the DLC unused (bought about five or six of them). Some of those preorder bonuses fetch a decent price too.

BTW, what are these defective stickers people talk about? All the ps3/360 games I have ordered have come complete (except ODST, black case and can only hold one disc) and play just fine.

Most of the used stock from Gamestop.com are the rejected/returned games from their stores that were either scratched up or cracked. Gamestop resurfaces the discs and usually they will work afterwards if only the bottom is scratched up but if it contains cracks or scratches on the label side then the games won't play.

#637 RUAfraidOfTigers

RUAfraidOfTigers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

Update on the sales tax refunds:

I recieved 12 giftcards in the mail today with values ranging for 33 cents to 5.91

#638 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:59 PM

Got my Demon's Souls today. Had a sticker on the case "Defective". It was complete with manual so I'm happy with it. The game disc was in a paper envelope inside of the plastic case, never seen that before. The case wasnt broken.

As others have said, check the game because last year I got a copy of Dragonball: Raging Blast with that "defective" sticker and the game wouldn't work. I would be able to load it up in my 360 but it wouldn't go past the main menu and i tried installing it to my hard drive and that didn't work either. So I would check it and if it doesn't work try exchanging it in store.

#639 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:14 PM

Update on the sales tax refunds:

I recieved 12 giftcards in the mail today with values ranging for 33 cents to 5.91

Hilarious, I was wondering how they would end up doing that. I have 10 orders that were reopened (adding "Gamestop Gift Cards" to them) after I bugged them about tax on Edge card purchases. I didn't think they would actually send me 10 separate gift cards though.

Oddly they added gift cards to my preorders too _and_ removed the tax from the order, so who knows what'll happen there.

#640 RUAfraidOfTigers

RUAfraidOfTigers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:50 PM

Hilarious, I was wondering how they would end up doing that. I have 10 orders that were reopened (adding "Gamestop Gift Cards" to them) after I bugged them about tax on Edge card purchases. I didn't think they would actually send me 10 separate gift cards though.

Oddly they added gift cards to my preorders too _and_ removed the tax from the order, so who knows what'll happen there.

Ya i ended up going to my usual gamestop today and used all the giftcards to pay off Blur (PS3). The store manager was laughing his ass off over the company paying 44 cents to send me 36 cents.

#641 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:51 PM

I wish this would get moved to dead deals already....every time this gets bumped I get excited that the deal might be back...even though I know it wont be!
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher
Id rather be hated for what I am then loved for what I am not - The Miz

#642 jetsaredim

jetsaredim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

Can someone explain this sales tax thing?
Posted Image

#643 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:26 PM

Can someone explain this sales tax thing?

If you live in a state where Gamestop doesn't charge tax on Edge/gift card purchases and you've been charged tax buying from gamestop.com when using your Edge card, you can (nicely) request a refund from customer service and they appear to be willing to refund in the form of a gift card per order charged tax. May apply when using gift cards also, I don't know the rules there.

#644 jetsaredim

jetsaredim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

Hmm - that's interesting. I always assumed that a gift card/EDGE credit was the same as using cash or credit card - meaning it's just a form of payment like any other. I live in MA and I don't think I've ever noticed a difference in-store when using EDGE/gift card...
Posted Image

#645 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

Hmm - that's interesting. I always assumed that a gift card/EDGE credit was the same as using cash or credit card - meaning it's just a form of payment like any other. I live in MA and I don't think I've ever noticed a difference in-store when using EDGE/gift card...

Unfortunately, MA is one of the few states that does charge tax on Edge credit purchases.
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=255178

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet: Connecticut, Idaho, Kentucky, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota, West Virginia

The lack of sales tax on credit purchases in many states is often overlooked when people are maligning GS. It really adds up if you are in a high tax area.

And why isn't this updated as "DEAD". It's been dead for like 4 days...:drool:

#646 enufs8d

enufs8d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:37 PM

Fuck you CA

Posted Image

Posted Image

#647 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:03 PM

Fuck you CA

Heh, I am getting ready to move out to California and taxes in that state scare the **** out of me.
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher

#648 azngtlman

azngtlman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:14 PM

Heh, I am getting ready to move out to California and taxes in that state scare the **** out of me.

You'll get used to it soon enough.

#649 JTHuffy

JTHuffy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:14 PM

i wish this would get moved to dead deals already....every time this gets bumped i get excited that the deal might be back...even though i know it wont be!

this.

#650 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:27 PM

Unfortunately, MA is one of the few states that does charge tax on Edge credit purchases.
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=255178

The lack of sales tax on credit purchases in many states is often overlooked when people are maligning GS. It really adds up if you are in a high tax area.

And why isn't this updated as "DEAD". It's been dead for like 4 days...:drool:
[/COLOR]

Because some of us are still waiting for our game(s) from this sale and getting frustrated by the day, especially when they've gone in the complete opposite direction of our home state.:bomb: But that's nothing to be pissed off at GS about and something to be annoyed with the USPS about.

Posted Image

#651 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:34 PM

I emailed customer service and they said they went ahead and credited me for the $4.18 in tax they charged me on my last order. My balance online still doesn't show it in there, so I'm assuming there's either a delay or they'll send me a gift card in the mail.

In other news, my $30 GC from Best Buy arrived from my trade-in of LBP. I think I'll use it on Just Cause 2 this week to get it for $10 out of pocket ($60 - $20 Reward Zone Gamer's Coupon - $30 GC).

#652 dvdactor

dvdactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:40 PM

I got my order today. I had snagged Bioshock 2, No More Heroes 2 and Super Smash Bros Brawl for a nice $54.99 in credit. Bioshock and Heroes looked really good but my Smash Bros. was just the case with no game inside! I called the number because last time I ordered from Gamestop in the winter, I got all defective games so I didn't want them to think I was just making stuff up to get free games. The guy gave me the option of going to the store or sending another, I went with waiting for them to send me one, as I don't think someone in the store would gladly hand over a copy to me with me giving them an empty case. Oh well, these two will keep me busy until I finally get Smash Bros.

#653 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:12 AM

Because some of us are still waiting for our game(s) from this sale and getting frustrated by the day, especially when they've gone in the complete opposite direction of our home state.:bomb: But that's nothing to be pissed off at GS about and something to be annoyed with the USPS about.

Still doesn't mean it shouldn't be labeled as dead. The deal no longer exists. I came in thinking this was active, only to see the date of the original post and when the end date was.

#654 worshipsf

worshipsf

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:13 AM

25% off is dead, but 20% off is alive for those who are interested.

#655 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:15 AM

25% off is dead, but 20% off is alive for those who are interested.

Whats the code?

#656 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:23 AM

Whats the code?

20pre
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#657 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:25 AM

20pre

Thanks, but decided to use the 25 off code instead and just place a $100 order. Spent $170 and got about 53 games including GoH which comes with the $10 code. As I said in another topic thats a pretty damn good deal....if most of them come complete. My guess is less then half will though....

#658 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:43 AM

Forgot to mention that I got my games today. The are all scratched, but not to the point they are not playable (hopefully this won't be the case when I play through it). Generic black box for one of the games and missing manual for another. Guess I will have to go to gamestop tomorrow and see if I can exchange some stuff.

Also, for the people that got refunds on tax. Did you guys call or email CS?
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#659 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:08 PM

Fuck. I just got my Little Big Planet GOTY from GS.com. It was in some funky cardboard package(like two pieces of cardboard glued together with the game in the middle:roll:).

It's disc only in a black case.:bomb: Back to a GS retail store it goes.

Double Fuck. It would appear that my closest store no longer has any copies of LBP GOTY in stock, but the one I stopped at for my copy of Red Dead Redemption the other night at midnight launch does.

Unfortunately, I think they didn't have a copy of it there the other night and I think a good portion of their games were like the one I got in the mail(incomplete), so chances are this is too.:bomb:

Posted Image