CAGcast #197: Tehrnutzov

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-l=4668]3078[/img-l]We've got lots to discuss this week including Skate 3, Bungie + Activision, Halo Reach Beta (and its code distribution), Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, Dead to Rights Retribution, CAG iPhone app issues, your CAGbag and Twitter questions, and much more!

[podcast]106[/podcast]
Download - 106 minutes, 51MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$6.95 domain = CAGDOMAIN[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why but I thought Red Dead Redemption had co-op during the full game. Oh well.

Anyway.. good stuff thus far.

Glad I checked here before starting my work, the CAGcast is the one shining light during a dreary monotonous graveyard shift.

I'm glad I get to listen to the CAGcast while studying for finals :) I'm also glad Shipwreck is back. Justin was a good edition for maybe once in a while but Shipwreck is the man!

[quote name='Interfeci']The dude that voices Kratos is T.C. Carson. He was in Living Single.[/QUOTE]

Hrm, apparently he voices Mace Windu in the clone wars cartoon and some games.

worst opening ever! lulz

btw, sucks to hear about the CAG app status. no Amazon = suckitude x1000000

Sorry to hear about the app.
That Amazon policy basically killed my current favorite shopping app, Red Laser.
When you scan a UPC, it doesn't include any Amazon data which makes it useless.

One suggestion, please include mobile forum browsing in the app.

It's so depressing to me that the restaurant Shipwreck ended up at was the Keg... a shitty steakhouse chain.

Especially considering you were in Vancouver, an amazing foody city. I was just there on vacation 3 weeks ago, and it's difficult to even find a place to eat at as mediocre as the Keg. :(

Good show ya Cheap Bastards. Ok, I've heard Wombat tout his guitar playing skills too many times now. I have to hear Eddie Van Wombat shred his axe. Maybe a live performance on the next show?

[quote name='rogueweapon']Good show ya Cheap Bastards. Ok, I've heard Wombat tout his guitar playing skills too many times now. I have to hear Eddie Van Wombat shred his axe. Maybe a live performance on the next show?[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea, I'd love to hear Wombat play a lil.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Not a bad idea, I'd love to hear Wombat play a lil.[/QUOTE]

If I could get me from 1998-99 on the show I would, but I am not nearly as good as I used to be.

I love how Wombat ignores my post. Well I'm calling you out Hoss. 17 years, its like riding a bike plus you got a week to practice. Do it for the fans.

[quote name='Wombat']If I could get me from 1998-99 on the show I would, but I am not nearly as good as I used to be.[/QUOTE]

I love how Wombat ignores my original post. Well I'm calling you out Hoss. 17 years, it's like riding a bike plus you got a week to practice. Do it for the fans.

seth wasnt *that* bad in sf4... it seems like theres one move with each character that he's extremely poorly programmed against.. all you have to do is figure out what that move is and exploit the crap about it.. (and be reallly careful about when you strike)

..and he is definitely easier in Super.

[quote name='rogueweapon']I love how Wombat ignores my original post. Well I'm calling you out Hoss. 17 years, it's like riding a bike plus you got a week to practice. Do it for the fans.[/QUOTE]
Even better:
A Performance for CAGCast 200!
Anyway, great show as always!

Cheapy, you said you had someone inside Amazon fighting for you. Is there anywhere CAG readers could write to to let Amazon know this is how their customers want to buy products from them?

You know what every gaming site overlooked in their reporting of the Activision/Bungie deal? Microsoft, after letting Bungie split off, had the right of first refusal for new properties coming from the developer. So whatever this new IP is Microsoft looked at it and said no thanks.

I only have one thing to say about the Bungie/Activision deal:

Who wants to take bets that sometime in the next 10 years, one of them sues the other one for breach of contract?

That is all.

[quote name='shafnitz']I only have one thing to say about the Bungie/Activision deal:

Who wants to take bets that sometime in the next 10 years, one of them sues the other one for breach of contract?

That is all.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I don't see how an independent minded bungie is a good fit when they fired the infinity ward guys for "insubordination."

most people probably had an issue with justins laugh on that past podcast it was really grating on the nerves especially if youre wearing heaphones to listen to the show. but he was ok in the role he played but its good to have shipwreck back because i like facts and in depth info when it comes to talking about games not just apethetic musings from someones somewhat biased point of view. no offense. oh yeah btw cheapy if youre not sure if something like a game or demo is on psn or not check out friskytanukis psn store thread he updates it regularly that way youd know that the demo you were referring to was on psn.

First it's Stravinsky's inferno dance from the firebird suite, now it's Holst's planet suite....and its not even Mars or Jupiter, but the rather obscure Uranus!

Is CheapyD really classing up the podcast?! :applause:

I'm suprised that you got that far on the iPhone app without first securing Amazon's pricing feed.

I imagine they are saying no because they are going to launch their own app, maybe just for premium members or something and have full control over how their prices get distributed.

I see how Wombat's role is continuing to grow. He's becoming good at knowing when to jump in and when to back off on a point.

One thing I admire about Wombat is that he is an original thinker. He looks at a situation and gives some thought to it and adds to the conversation vs regurgetating what he reads (i.e. CheapyD).

I think Capcom is trying to find that balance between making money off DLC and still providing something for everyone else. SSFIV is $40 MSRP and including unlockables that do not require purchase.

You know Cheapy that the DLC from Street Fighter 4 works on SSF4, right? Also, the majority of the DLC for SF4 are strategy videos that people who would be interested in seeing already know how to use those strategies effectively. And if you mean Super, it's mostly themes and gamerpics, not actual in-game content (which is still on the disc).

Wolverine and The X-men had a really neutered wolverine but the series was actually good, especially with the dystopian future stuff and The Age of Apocalypse that would have been season 2. Spectacular Spider-man was probably better overall, least favorite being the campy Brave & the Bold.

CheapyD, That Amazon policy sucks, but what if every cag member sent an email, or wrote a letter to Amazon, would that help any? Just a thought. love the show, keep your chin up, you will find a salution to this iphone app problem. Remember we got your back Cheapy. just let us know where to send our email or mail, and its as good as done.

If wombat played bass around the late 90s he must've been in the NY scene, wombat did you see Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, The Movielife, and The Rookie Lot as they just started playing? Nice podcast nice to have Shipwreck back and CheapyD if you build it they will come XD... CAGCAST CAGCAST PARTY TIME EXCELLENT XD

bread's done
Back