Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread (OP Updated 04/25/14)

vgm game music game soundtracks deals cd deals mp3 deals amazon itunes

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#31 Krymner

Krymner

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:26 PM

Great idea! Awesome thread Blue!

#32 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:38 PM

It's been years since I last ordered from them, but they're legit.

I can vouch for GameMusic.com too. I ordered the FF12 and FF7DOC limited edition sets and the Suteki da ne single a few months ago, they are totally legit, non-boot items.

Awesome thread, OP!

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#33 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:12 PM

OP updated with Bloomy's suggestion of Yahoo! Japan Auctions and SleazyC and my tips for Japanese CD shopping; neatened things up as well. Also, should've said this earlier, but thanks for the kind words in general, everyone. Glad you all like the thread :)

Tempius: That's a pirate site; for our purposes, it doesn't count :shame:

Edited by blueshinra, 07 May 2010 - 10:24 PM.

sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#34 SleazyC

SleazyC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:04 PM

For people looking for some legit ebay sellers, I used to buy a ton of OSTs of ebay about 4 or so years ago and it looks like one of my favorite ebay sellers is still around so here is a heads up:

Champ-des-Pins

http://stores.ebay.c...des-Pins?_rdc=1

This guy is amazing. He is very open as far as communication goes and he always sells a boat load of OSTs (some of these being out of print, rare, and down-right hard to find) and doujins too! You usually don't find any retailers or big boxes selling doujins and have to go to auction sites and this guy sells quite a bit of doujins for anyone into them.

I think I bought anywhere from 5-10 OST's from this guy and they all came undamaged, exactly as described. Highly recommended.
Posted Image

#35 Drkirby

Drkirby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:03 PM

Your link doesn't seem to work. Maybe this will: http://stores.ebay.com/Champ-des-Pins

#36 SleazyC

SleazyC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:46 PM

Your link doesn't seem to work. Maybe this will: http://stores.ebay.com/Champ-des-Pins

Yea the link worked for like an hour and then was dead... maybe linking to an auction of his so people can pull down his user name works?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...#ht_2253wt_1167

Or this link might be permanent?

http://myworld.ebay....champ_des_pins/
Posted Image

#37 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:58 AM

Yeah, that second link works. Thanks for the rec, BTW; going to start an eBay sellers' list.

(I balked at some of the prices, though. Also, do you know what doujin albums usually go for in Japan? I collected [printed comic] doujinshi for awhile and on eBay, huge markups aren't uncommon.)
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#38 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:15 AM

Also, do you know what doujin albums usually go for in Japan?

The ones I picked up were typically $10-15.
Posted Image

#39 SleazyC

SleazyC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:21 AM

Yeah, that second link works. Thanks for the rec, BTW; going to start an eBay sellers' list.

(I balked at some of the prices, though. Also, do you know what doujin albums usually go for in Japan? I collected [printed comic] doujinshi for awhile and on eBay, huge markups aren't uncommon.)

I think most of the doujins he have up that are expensive are out of print (the MintJam album as an example is out of print and hard to find).

Sounds about right from what I remember seeing. Just decently hard finding an easy way to buy them aside from a middleman.
Posted Image

#40 Drkirby

Drkirby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:40 AM

Most of the times they seem to be under 1000 yen domestically. Anyone know where to find a cheap copy of '8Bit Hoshi no Kirby'?

#41 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:57 PM

I think most of the doujins he have up that are expensive are out of print (the MintJam album as an example is out of print and hard to find).

That's understandable. Certain manga doujinshi sellers I've seen have big markups for new stuff, even if the circle isn't necessarily famous. From what you and Kirin have said, his doujin CD prices don't seem too bad by comparison.

Seeing OutRun 2 Sound Tracks for $120 still made me shudder, though. Something tells me I'm never going to get that for a reasonable price D:
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#42 Drkirby

Drkirby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:32 PM

That's understandable. Certain manga doujinshi sellers I've seen have big markups for new stuff, even if the circle isn't necessarily famous. From what you and Kirin have said, his doujin CD prices don't seem too bad by comparison.

Seeing OutRun 2 Sound Tracks for $120 still made me shudder, though. Something tells me I'm never going to get that for a reasonable price D:

Your best bet is to find it randomly pop up at Goodwill or Amazon :lol:

#43 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:06 PM

Sumthing Digital has a new 20% off code: JOYSTICK20

Might I recommend the Bionic Commando Rearmed soundtrack? Also, Mega Man 10th Anniversary album is coming soon!

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#44 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:24 PM

Debating if I should get the FFXII LE OST. I love Final Fantasy, but haven't heard the music for the FFXII yet.
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#45 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:15 AM

Debating if I should get the FFXII LE OST. I love Final Fantasy, but haven't heard the music for the FFXII yet.

Great music, but it's definitely more ambient/atmospheric than the strongly melody-driven SNES and PSX Final Fantasy scores. It's extremely similar in style to Final Fantasy Tactics, to the point where most tracks in either game would fit snugly into the other. "Kiss Me Good-Bye" is far and away the strongest of the Final Fantasy vocal singles. And the deluxe edition packaging is absolutely gorgeous. I'd definitely recommend the set, especially for ~$20.

#46 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:04 AM

The Alan Wake LE comes with the soundtrack and what I've heard so far is pretty damn good.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#47 Drkirby

Drkirby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:18 AM

Its alright. At least its only $16, but I do sort of wish they just took the best tracks and put them on a single CD rather then a complete collection, a lot of forgettable music on the whole set.

#48 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:03 AM

Well, I bit. Shipping was $8.xx, ludicrous if you ask me. Total was just under $25. I did remember seeing this at a Mitsuwa for like $60-70 a few years back. Either way, I'm sure I will be happy once it arrives.
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#49 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:55 AM

itunes US has the soundtracks from silent hill 1, 2, and 3 plus contra and castlevania.
You can find them under konami kukeiha club.

Has anyone in the US had any success with buying a Japanese Itunes card and then setting up a J itunes account and then downloading stuff from there?

#50 Greenboom98

Greenboom98

End Of Time traveler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:37 AM

Any news of Super Mario Galaxy 2 OST? Can't wait for the game I just hope the OST is just as good as the previous one but from the looks of it, I really doubt it. I would still want it though...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#51 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:33 PM

OP updated. Thanks eastx and K_G for the info :)

The major additions this time around are the Amazon JP subsections that I found earlier, a list of iTunes game music, and a new store - the one for Video Games Live. The new Sumthing Digital coupon code's in there, too.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#52 discoalucard

discoalucard

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:28 PM

Might I recommend the Bionic Commando Rearmed soundtrack? Also, Mega Man 10th Anniversary album is coming soon!

What the heck is that Mega Man Anniversary album anyway? I've seen them advertise it for awhile now but they haven't actually said what it is. Remixes? Original music?

#53 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:29 PM

It is bought by me, that's what it is! Beyond that, I don't know.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#54 helmet

helmet

beep boop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:22 PM

No CD of it this time around?

It does allow you to pick the format, so its quite the deal if you prefer music quality over ownership.

#55 helmet

helmet

beep boop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:37 PM

Oh, and might I suggest..

Mechinarium Soundtrack + Bonus EP

Available here for just $6.37 USD: http://innerfx.ithin...?page=LR&r=9645

Great or greatest OST of all time? After the initial purchase, you can also request the FLAC version of the soundtrack for free. There are also some full song previews available here!

#56 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:16 PM

Its alright. At least its only $16, but I do sort of wish they just took the best tracks and put them on a single CD rather then a complete collection, a lot of forgettable music on the whole set.

Well, what do you know...

http://www.amazon.co...74282132&sr=8-1

At the price this is going for though, you may as well get the whole set.

#57 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:52 PM

Any news of Super Mario Galaxy 2 OST? Can't wait for the game I just hope the OST is just as good as the previous one but from the looks of it, I really doubt it. I would still want it though...

No news yet. The first Mario Galaxy soundtrack was a Club Nintendo exclusive in Japan.
Posted Image

#58 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

Great music, but it's definitely more ambient/atmospheric than the strongly melody-driven SNES and PSX Final Fantasy scores. It's extremely similar in style to Final Fantasy Tactics, to the point where most tracks in either game would fit snugly into the other. "Kiss Me Good-Bye" is far and away the strongest of the Final Fantasy vocal singles. And the deluxe edition packaging is absolutely gorgeous. I'd definitely recommend the set, especially for ~$20.

$20? Where?
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#59 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:18 PM

$20? Where?

GameMusic.com, from the OP. Someone upthread said that with shipping it comes out closer to $25 though. I had forgotten that that site has fairly high shipping costs.

#60 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:28 PM

It does allow you to pick the format, so its quite the deal if you prefer music quality over ownership.

The CD version of Distant Worlds II will be released next month. But the FLAC version is a whopping 1.2 GB for an hour of music, which I suppose means that the uncompressed digital version is better than CD quality?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vgm, game music, game soundtracks, deals, cd deals, mp3 deals, amazon, itunes