Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread (OP Updated 04/25/14)

vgm game music game soundtracks deals cd deals mp3 deals amazon itunes

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#91 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:09 PM

Hey is there a Nier OST ?

thanks

#92 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:15 AM

The Red Dead Redemption double vinyl soundtrack is back in stock. It is supposedly a limited-edition collectible and had been sold out before.

#93 Drkirby

Drkirby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:34 AM

Söldner-X and Söldner-X 2 soundtracks are on sale on Play Asia for a pretty good price.

Söldner-X ($7.90): http://www.play-asia...-j-70-255s.html
Söldner-X 2 ($6.90): http://www.play-asia...-j-70-3nw4.html

#94 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:37 PM

Thanks for the tips!

Will be doing a new, thorough revision to the OP hopefully sooner rather than later. I've got a lot going on right now IRL and getting all the store sales up to date takes a bit of time D:
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#95 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

Ubisoft is offering the Beyond Good and Evil soundtrack for FREE:

http://static2.cdn.u...nd_Evil-OST.zip

I'm posting this here because if I made a thread it'd probably be moved to the freebie section

#96 bywaytm

bywaytm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:34 AM

Ubisoft is offering the Beyond Good and Evil soundtrack for FREE:

http://static2.cdn.u...nd_Evil-OST.zip

I'm posting this here because if I made a thread it'd probably be moved to the freebie section

Thanks!
Posted Image

#97 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:39 AM

If anyone is into hip hop, and FFVII, rapper "Random" has a really cool themed album here. It sounds pretty good to me.

They have regular and signed copies here. They also have signed copies of Super Meat Boy's soundtrack. You can preview the entire album in the link below

http://random.bandca...nal-fantasy-vii

Posted Image

#98 thirdrose

thirdrose

MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:01 PM

If anyone is into hip hop, and FFVII, rapper "Random" has a really cool themed album here. It sounds pretty good to me.

They have regular and signed copies here. They also have signed copies of Super Meat Boy's soundtrack. You can preview the entire album in the link below

http://random.bandca...nal-fantasy-vii

Posted Image

One song feels out of place to me, but overall the album does a really good job of recounting some key points of FF7's story and characters. Quite well done.
Posted Image

#99 dynafire

dynafire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:29 PM

Not necessarily a deal, as it's been this way for a while now, but the Tower of Heaven OST is name your own price (minimum 99 cents) at flashygoodness. Even if you've never played the game, the soundtrack is wonderful, and worth checking out.

#100 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:35 PM

Free Marvel Pinball Original Soundtrack (download or streaming):

http://zenstudios.bandcamp.com/
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#101 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:55 PM

cool thanks. I like that they allow you to dl it in other formats like FLAC too.

#102 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:59 AM

You can download the Bulletstorm for free from Epic: http://epicgames.com...orm-soundtrack/

#103 bywaytm

bywaytm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:01 PM

You can download the Bulletstorm for free from Epic: http://epicgames.com...orm-soundtrack/

Awesome. Thanks!
Posted Image

#104 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:09 PM

Some EA MP3 soundtracks from Amazon.com:

Crysis 2 $3.99
Crysis 2: Be Fast! $3.99
Mass Effect 2: Atmospheric $3.99
Mass Effect 2: Combat $4.99
Dragon Age 2 $3.99
Dragon Age 2: The Darker Side $3.99

#105 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

Thanks for the continued updates, guys :)

OP finally updated. Very sorry for the long delay!
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#106 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

Portal 2 Volume 1 soundtrack available for free from Valve: http://www.thinkwith...s.com/music.php

#107 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

More Amazon mp3 albums:
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction $4.29
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $4.29
Darkspore $3.99
Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault (This one has only 5 tracks)
The Sims 3 - Stereo Jams
The Sims 3 Re-Imagined

#108 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:41 PM

CDJapan: 1,000 yen in store credit with purchase of 5,000 yen or more using PayPal

Be sure to read the instructions. You would think that you should click on the "Check out with PayPal" button, but you would be wrong in so thinking, apparently.

#109 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:54 AM

Not exactly a deal, but the Play for Japan charity album is now on iTunes for $10. It should be out on Amazon on the 15th. All proceeds go to the Japanese Red Cross.

There's some great (and not so great) stuff on there, but overall it's a very cool album with enormous variety. Bear McCreary's track especially was a big surprise. The excellent two-piano Mario medley is amazing and exclusive to iTunes, so even though I normally prefer Amazon for digital music, I'd say go with iTunes for this one.

#110 GunPanther

GunPanther

I whack the whak before the whak whacks back.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:12 PM

Very useful information. Thank you very much OP and anyone else who has posted info on how to buy VG OST CDs.
"Not sure how to solve your problems? Fill em' full of lead and see how many problems you have left. "

http://users.ign.com...mleader_panther

#111 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:25 PM

Portal 2 Volume 1 soundtrack available for free from Valve: http://www.thinkwith...s.com/music.php

Volume 2 is up now as well.

Thanks to everyone for the updates! Will try and find time to do an OP revision soon.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#112 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:44 PM

OP updated! Added lots of new listings for discounted OSTs at Amazon.co.jp, a new Sumthing Digital coupon code that's good until the end of 2011, and more.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#113 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:19 PM

The Sanctum soundtrack came out yesterday for $5. It's a cool ambient/electronic soundtrack with mellow tracks from when you're building towers and some faster ones for the action phases. It feels similar to the Mirror's Edge soundtrack, so it's worth taking a look if you enjoyed anything from that.

The way they're doing it is a little weird because right now it's only available as Steam DLC, so you need the game in order to buy it. As a plus, though, you get the full soundtrack (and a bonus track) in both MP3 and wav, and they've said any new tracks will download automatically like a Steam update.

And really, you should get the game anyway because it's a lot of fun. 4P co-op tower defense + FPS, cool sci-fi aesthetic, weird monster design, etc. To celebrate the soundtrack's release, they've permanently dropped the price to $10, or new players can get a game/soundtrack bundle for $13.

#114 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:01 AM

Two things.....

Anyone know where/how to get an MP3 of the metal/hip hop version of Warpigs from the Gears of War 3 trailer? I friggin need that.

Second, The Bastion soundtrack is for sale on the supergiant website. It's honestly the best OST I've heard this year. I preordered the signed CD version, which comes with the MP3 download, too.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#115 jr8rulz

jr8rulz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

Two things.....

Anyone know where/how to get an MP3 of the metal/hip hop version of Warpigs from the Gears of War 3 trailer? I friggin need that.

Second, The Bastion soundtrack is for sale on the supergiant website. It's honestly the best OST I've heard this year. I preordered the signed CD version, which comes with the MP3 download, too.

To my knowledge that isnt a remixed version of war pigs. unless somebody can prove me entirely wrong..which im sure will happen.

#116 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:38 AM

I received my first VGM World order today. Really happy with how the whole transaction went. I bought three rare (and rareish) used game soundtracks, which were practically like new, but I was sort of expecting that given that it's a Japanese retailer. The packaging in the box was excellent, with lots of bubble wrap, and tape securing everything in place. Highly recommend this store!

I've also learned today that there's a handful of game OSTs on Bandcamp; mostly indie stuff of course. Will do some poking around and include the site in the next OP update, once I can get around to it :-P
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#117 JamesInDigital

JamesInDigital

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:53 AM

Deepdiscount.com is having a Video Game Soundtrack Sale (that's the direct link). Their selection isn't the greatest, but they have some pretty good ones in there. I did a little blog highlighting my favorite choices from their game soundtracks. I ordered Mass Effect and Uncharted 2 at $9.99 a piece. Their shipping isn't the fastest, but the prices are usually good.

#118 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

Dark Void, Kameo and Advent Rising all have great soundtracks (Advent Rising in particular).
A lot of those in the sale are out of stock, including Mass Effect and Uncharted 2. :(
Thanks for the head's up though!

#119 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:08 PM

James: Do you know how long the sale runs for?
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#120 JamesInDigital

JamesInDigital

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:59 PM

No, not sure. They are generally an overstock kind of place, so often times with niche products, it's until the inventory start running low. They hardly ever list actual end dates to their specials though. They usually are around for a week at minimum.