Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread (OP Updated 08/10/14)

vgm game music game soundtracks deals cd deals mp3 deals amazon itunes

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#61 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:42 PM

If you're looking at the Alan Wake CE, beware that the soundtrack in there is only 10 songs for about 37 minutes total of music.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#62 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:11 AM

For those that liked the first Lumines game's music.
Lumines Remixes

From Gamemusic.com, for $7.99 I think it is a good deal, but s/h makes it not so great (mine was $7.55ish)

There is also L.II Remixes (Lumines II) from play-asia for $8.99.
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#63 helmet

helmet

beep boop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:54 AM

For those that liked the first Lumines game's music.
Lumines Remixes

It a real shame that "Shinin" and "Lights" never make it in anything! They are probably two of the best songs in the game. :(

#64 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

It a real shame that "Shinin" and "Lights" never make it in anything! They are probably two of the best songs in the game. :(

I knew when I was listening to the songs on youtube that I was missing something. How could I not see that the first song in the game was Shinin and not on the cd :wall:

I'm not to familiar with that 2nd song (Lights). I remember getting through all of challenge mode (like 3 years ago) and not recalling that song. If it is this one...

I like it, pretty catchy
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#65 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

Thanks for the suggestions ZerotypeX :)

LOTS of updates to the OP. First off, VGM World is having a sale until June 15th - 20% off of their entire stock of used CDs. I've also updated the promotion/sale sections for Amazon.com, Play-Asia, YesAsia(!!!), etc. for album additions/subtractions. Finally, I have found a ton more game music on iTunes and have greatly expanded the list of OSTs/publishers there.

I would like to expand the Amazon MP3 offers some more (it seems they have one going on now for select video game purchases - just got a $5 credit thanks to my StarCraft II preorder) and poke around Amazon.co.jp some more, but that's it for right now.

Edit: Argh! Forgot to add I Think Music, based on helmet's suggestion! It's in now ^^;

Edited by blueshinra, 06 June 2010 - 02:47 PM.

sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#66 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:19 PM

Bump. Removed the expired sale/coupon details for VGM World and Sumthing Digital.

As usual, if any of you has a good deal to add, please post it and I'll get it in :)
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#67 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

It looks like GameMusic.com may be gone for good. The site has been down for weeks.

#68 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:03 PM

The full Alan Wake soundtrack (slightly expanded from the one in the CE) is coming out digitally on ITunes/Amazon in mid-July.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#69 DrSodaberg

DrSodaberg

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

I have a question:

Does anyone remember a CD that Nintendo Power shipped with an issue of it's magazine that had all orchestral versions of songs from throughout their franchises?
I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

#70 evilpotatoguy

evilpotatoguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:15 PM

@DrSodaberg Was it the Super Smash Bros Smashing Melee Live! album? - http://www.amazon.co...a/dp/B000VZZP68

#71 DrSodaberg

DrSodaberg

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:19 PM

@DrSodaberg Was it the Super Smash Bros Smashing Melee Live! album? - http://www.amazon.co...a/dp/B000VZZP68

Yes! Thanks evilpotatoguy.:)

...And it actually is worth a bit, hopefully I can find it laying around in this house. :bouncy:

#72 Relysis

Relysis

No Guns Next Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:20 PM

This is a great thread. I can't for the life of me find the Rule of Rose soundtrack. It was only shipped as a Gamestop exclusive preorder. There was one on eBay, but it got sniped at the last second. Does anybody have it lying around?

#73 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:24 PM

RIP Gamemusic.com, if that's the case. The majority of my game music came from there, back in the day. Also a lot of SM discs before I/they knew better. :cold:

#74 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:19 PM

RIP Gamemusic.com, if that's the case. The majority of my game music came from there, back in the day. Also a lot of SM discs before I/they knew better. :cold:

Huh. How long has the site been broken like that?
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#75 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:47 PM

Well, uh, looks like GameMusic.com's death is official. Go to the site and you'll see what I mean o_O

Oh, and OP updated!
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#76 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:01 PM

Dang. Hadn't ordered much from them in a while, but I used to buy a ton of soundtracks, and they had awesome clearance deals.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#77 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:59 AM

The Square Enix store prominently displays the Final Fantasy XIII soundtrack for sale at $29.99, which is much lower than the Japanese retail price of 3990 yen (approximately $47 at the current exchange rate). But if you add this album to the shopping cart, it appears to be out of stock.

Big Bad Toy Store, however, is still accepting orders for this album at $29.99. For those of you unfamiliar with this store, I can vouch for its reputability, having ordered from it often.

#78 Komalis

Komalis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:49 AM

I knew when I was listening to the songs on youtube that I was missing something. How could I not see that the first song in the game was Shinin and not on the cd :wall:

I'm not to familiar with that 2nd song (Lights). I remember getting through all of challenge mode (like 3 years ago) and not recalling that song. If it is this one...

I like it, pretty catchy

Its the music at lvl 100 I think, the VERY last song in arcade mode on the first Lumines.

#79 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:57 PM

The Square Enix store prominently displays the Final Fantasy XIII soundtrack for sale at $29.99, which is much lower than the Japanese retail price of 3990 yen (approximately $47 at the current exchange rate). But if you add this album to the shopping cart, it appears to be out of stock.

Big Bad Toy Store, however, is still accepting orders for this album at $29.99. For those of you unfamiliar with this store, I can vouch for its reputability, having ordered from it often.

Thanks for the info; will add to the OP :) I've heard of Big Bad Toy Store, being in the anime figure collecting scene. Do they carry any more game OSTs?
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#80 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:54 PM

Thanks for the info; will add to the OP :) I've heard of Big Bad Toy Store, being in the anime figure collecting scene. Do they carry any more game OSTs?

I don't believe so. I was pretty surprised to have stumbled onto the FFXIII soundtrack there.

#81 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:17 PM

Here's a special deal!

Sumthing Digital now offers a 50% off coupon: gift50

It's valid until January 2011. Perfect time to pick up some Capcom and Microsoft game MP3 soundtracks.

Fable 3, Monster Hunter Tri, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Borderlands, Ten Years of Resident Evil, etc. all end up $5 each after coupon. The Halo Trilogy (1-3) soundtrack is $10 after coupon.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#82 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:38 PM

Very nice :D Added it to the OP; thanks again!
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#83 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:50 PM

The Monster Hunter 3 soundtrack has some really good stuff on it. Yasunori Mitsuda fans should check it out; it reminds me a lot of Xenogears's soundtrack, which was a shock. It's sort of pastoral and Celtic without being Celtic to the point of self parody. The battle tracks are typical Monster Hunter but are much richer and more elaborate than the tracks in MHFU.

#84 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:02 PM

Awesome!!! I am always interested in video game soundtracks but like its been said, there's not that many offers and the stuffs expensive. But now with the "gift50" coupon, I'm gonna go crazy and buy loads of soundtracks!
Thanks!!!

#85 An J0e

An J0e

Satirical Statement

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:22 AM

While this might not be a "deal", for anyone interested in VGM i would suggest OCremix.org They have a ton of remixes (all free, and really easy to download/ fast download). Remixes from classic bit tones, jazz, metal, classical, folk, techno, and more. I love this site and check it a few times a month and seldom leave without downloading something.

The songs are screened/chosen moderators so they are safe downloads. You can steam them on their site or just type in "OCremix" then a game that you like the music for, or a genera On youtube.

some of my favorites

"Malevolent Mansion" - Banjo Kazooi remix :D
"The sound of the Galaxy"- Mass Effect 2- Great beats
"The shinra Shuffle" Final Fantasy
"in the beginning there was Jazz"- Castlevania
"Drop and Roll" Street fighter

Tons of High and low profile games/soundtrack and mixes as well.

Their Street Fighter remixes were so good that they were found to make the soundtrack for One of the streetfighter games.

P.S. If op doesn't feel like this should be in the thread feel free to cut it.

#86 dynafire

dynafire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:51 AM

Can't pass up getting the original Bionic Commando Soundtrack for $1.50. Finally grabbing the BCR soundtrack as well. I probably should have had them before now, considering how much of a fan I am of BC, but I'm cheap. Thanks for the heads-up on the sale.

#87 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

Can't pass up getting the original Bionic Commando Soundtrack for $1.50.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES. I absolutely LOVE the original Bionic Commando soundtrack. It's one of the best 8-bit OST's out there. HIGHLY recommended.

#88 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:07 PM

Bump for new and revised deals and a new store listing (AmiAmi).

Will be heading up north for Thanksgiving later today, so have a good one!
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#89 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:59 PM

Any deals on the OST to Nier? I have got to get that bad boy.

#90 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:53 PM

10% off at CDJapan. Check out their current coupon offers, too; they're pretty good :)

It's also up at the iTunes store, along with the "Nightmares and Arrange Tracks" album, if you want to save some cash and don't care that it's not on CD.

Edited by blueshinra, 10 December 2010 - 03:27 PM.

sig.gif
2014 Completed Games