Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread (OP Updated 08/10/14)

vgm game music game soundtracks deals cd deals mp3 deals amazon itunes

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#181 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:56 AM

Orders from the Square Enix store over $50 ship for free until 8/31.

#182 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

Just noticed some albums newly added to the U.S. Square Enix store:

Battle Tracks Volumes 1-3
Saga Frontier OST
Saga Frontier II OST

#183 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:35 AM

You all might've heard already, but the Torchlight 2 soundtrack was released for free. Get it here - http://www.joystiq.c...ht-2-soundtrack

Oh, and I also found the Recettear soundtrack on iTunes not too long ago - http://itunes.apple....cks/id404119714 (ETA: And the BEST SONIC SOUNDTRACK EVER OMG - http://itunes.apple....ove/id535760694)

Also, I'm going to do a proper OP update later this week, so post your deal news if you have it.

Edited by blueshinra, 25 September 2012 - 01:52 AM.

sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#184 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

I don't have the link off hand, but that Jake Kaufman guy also did the Double Dragon Neon and Bloodrayne Betrayal soundtracks for Way Forward (he's their audio guy now.) The soundtracks are available for what you want to pay from his official site.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#185 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:40 AM

I don't have the link off hand, but that Jake Kaufman guy also did the Double Dragon Neon and Bloodrayne Betrayal soundtracks for Way Forward (he's their audio guy now.) The soundtracks are available for what you want to pay from his official site.

http://virt.bandcamp...ble-dragon-neon

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Luther season 3
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#186 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:08 AM

I was totally going to link to Jake Kaufman because that guy is a phenomenon. The DD Neon soundtrack is like a standalone work of art. Also check out this concept album that sounds like some hybrid Castlevania/Kirby/etc. game that never happened: http://virt.bandcamp.com/album/fx4

#187 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

OP updated!
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#188 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

Wow, I just noticed that this thread is more than two years old. Good work maintaining it, blueshinra.

Datura: I have no idea what this is, but apparently it's a game, and its soundtrack is free on the U.S. PSN store.

Chaos Theory Remixed: This is the soundtrack to the 3DS port of Chaos Theory (why?).

#189 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

Saw this on the official CAG Twitters: The Greatest Video Game Music 2 (MP3 album) is currently $3.99 at Amazon.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#190 Crazyhowie

Crazyhowie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

Saw this on the official CAG Twitters: The Greatest Video Game Music 2 (MP3 album) is currently $3.99 at Amazon.

I'll drop this info here then too that I originally posted in this thread.

For those looking for free credit... there's a Scott brand promo that will offer you $5 Amazon MP3 credit. It requires basic info, so use a burner/junk e-mail if you'd like and it's a simple one question survey. I received the coupon code immediately.

https://www.scottbra...om/offer/amazon

Listening to this soundtrack right now. Enjoying it!
Posted Image

#191 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

CDJapan is offering 10% extra points when you buy certain game music and drama CDs. Here's the eligible game CDs - http://www.cdjapan.c...ame.html?cid=c9

They also have the Project DIVA -extend- OST for 40% off - http://www.cdjapan.c...l?KEY=MHCL-1988
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#192 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

Ugh ugh dis thread is killing me.

Is it out of the ordinary for CDJapan to list quantity available as 1? A couple CDs I was looking at say that and I thought it was a weird coincidence.

#193 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

Is it out of the ordinary for CDJapan to list quantity available as 1? A couple CDs I was looking at say that and I thought it was a weird coincidence.

Best to err on the side of caution and grab them before they go out of stock.

#194 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Nope. They start listing quantity on items when their stocks get low.

Side note: I've been having a lot of luck with getting last-items-in-stock this year. Hope it keeps up into the next *knocks on wood*
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#195 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Looks like VGM World has finally shut down for good :-( - http://www.vgmworld.com/blog/?p=153
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#196 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Posted Image

#197 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Seriously. Only bought from them a couple of times, but it was an amazing store.

Updating the OP soonish, so if you have any contributions, post 'em!
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#198 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

I have a couple of suggestions for your list of free soundtracks. They're very old, though.

Universe at War
Panzer General: Allied Assault

Both soundtracks are by Frank Klepacki of Command & Conquer fame.

#199 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

Thanks again 11440 :D

OP UPDATED! There's a ton of new listings for Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.com, and DeepDiscount.com. I didn't get around to checking Otaku.com for discounts/changes, but I'll do that next time.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#200 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

Awesome update! I'm shopping now!

#201 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

Nice update, indeed. One observation, though: Sumthing Digital is currently closed for renovation.

#202 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

Nice update, indeed. One observation, though: Sumthing Digital is currently closed for renovation.

Thanks for that update; I'll add it to the OP. I tried going to the site today and couldn't; wondered what was going on.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#203 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Falcom put up a couple of their soundtracks on Amazon MP3.

source

#204 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

I guess I'll put this here, tho it probably will disappear soon enough.

Game Music Bundle seems to be back with the BIT.TRIP Lovers bundle.

http://www.gamemusicbundle.com/

$1 for all of the soundtracks for the BIT.TRIP games (Beat, Runner, Core, Fate, Void and Flux)

$10 for the soundtrack to BIT.TRIP Runner2

$20 for BIT.TRIP RUNNER2 preorder
Posted Image

#205 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for that. I'll have to add Game Music Bundle itself for a future update. How long has it been around?
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#206 EdgeZephyr

EdgeZephyr

Gear Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Thanks for that. I'll have to add Game Music Bundle itself for a future update. How long has it been around?

I have an e-mail from the original GMB dated at 11/28/2011, so I'd wager about that longish.

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#207 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

I have an e-mail from the original GMB dated at 11/28/2011, so I'd wager about that longish.

Probably about right, since I didn't hear about it until the 2nd bundle, which was about a year ago. So far, they've done 4 numbered bundles and this new one.
Posted Image

#208 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

I got the first Indie Music Bundle and, yes, it was in November 2011:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=309337

That was an amazing bundle: $10 for the OSTs for Minecraft, SMB, ARES, PPPPPP, and lots more (21 OSTs - and all in FLAC & MP3).

This one, not so great - and I have at least a couple of the Bit.Trip OSTs from HIB.

#209 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

Does anyone know if all the music in that bundle other than Runner 2 is on the Wii soundtrack disc?

#210 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

The Wii soundtrack is just a sampler.

$1 for this set is ludicrous though. I can't believe people would say otherwise. The Runner2 OST is pretty great as well--it's a nice evolution of Runner's soundtrack, plus some exceptional chiptunes by Disasterpeace. Can't wait for the game to be out.