Afrika - $29.98 New | $24.99 Used (Not available online) Price Drop

haha, wow, really? never read or even saw the IGN review..figured it'd be fun for my kid, but yeah, all these "you taking photos IS the game!" games are always poised to be great, but just not that fun..

Wasn't this one of the "look at what the PS3 can do" games heavily talked about before the release of the PS3? Regardless of the luke-warm reviews this will probably be one of my first purchases when I buy a PS3.

yeah don't take the number seriously on the IGN review. read it since the guy seems to have a hard time understanding this game has no guns.

glad to see this drop. I might get it finally then.

from what i read from other places it isn't too bad theres just some control issues on some sections but other than that it isn't bad for what it is a game where you take photos of animals around africa.

[quote name='SDC']To be entirely fair, IGN gave Godhand a score of around 3, too. I don't trust that site at all.[/QUOTE]Maybe it's a bit unfair to lose all faith in an entire site because one of its reviewers didn't like a particular niche title.

That being said, Godhand is an amazing game, though. ;)

[quote name='SDC']To be entirely fair, IGN gave Godhand a score of around 3, too. I don't trust that site at all.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Thrinn']Maybe it's a bit unfair to lose all faith in an entire site because one of its reviewers didn't like a particular niche title.

That being said, Godhand is an amazing game, though. ;)[/QUOTE]

come on, come on..is it really now? Wasn't this, dare I say it, shovelware for the PS2 and could have been had at most Best Buys in a value bin for $9.99 or less? thats where I remember seeing it..this site sold me on Earth Defense 2XXX or whatever, and that was shear repetitiveness..eh, what am I saying, guess I'll track down Godhand now! :lol:

I noticed this yesterday, and have been hoping it would show up online so I could get a used copy with the coupon. I am willing to give this game a shot for less than $20. Seems like a love it or hate it title, but seems like it could be fun. Plus I think my little girl will like this one.

[quote name='token2k6']guess I'll track down Godhand now! :lol:[/QUOTE]

If you love brawlers or action games with a good combat system with a bit of humor thrown in, you'll love god hand. I'd of paid the full standard $50 MSRP for that game even if it weren't released as a $30 budget title.

LOL I guess it's not very popular in LA, because every single store has it in stock, new and used. Even with its alleged "rarity" I'm betting that since it's so unpopular, it'll be sub $20 new soon enough, maybe even sub $10...

I always wanted to try this one but since there is no demo that means it sucks. Maybe when this is $10 new I give it a shot.

I was finally able to get it shipped from my GameQ, bu the wait was not worth it.

The game is horrible IMO, sent it back next day.

All you do is take pictures, if you get "hit" by an animal you lose all you photos and have to start back at camp...you drive around a lot...but you can't control the driving.

[quote name='Muthafodder']I was finally able to get it shipped from my GameQ, bu the wait was not worth it.

The game is horrible IMO, sent it back next day.

All you do is take pictures, if you get "hit" by an animal you lose all you photos and have to start back at camp...you drive around a lot...but you can't control the driving.[/QUOTE]

You control the driving just didn't play long enough. You also get to climb trees for better shots. Unlock more cameras. The game isn't for everyone thats for sure.

Well lets put it this way you go around and take pictures. You are driven around for the first couple of "missions" and you upload pictures via e-mail for missions. I don't remember much about pokemon snap but its pretty much like that.

This is a GREAT game people. BUT this is not an *action* game.

This is NOT Cabela's.
This is NOT Call of Duty.

Do you enjoy animals?
Do like to watch Animal Planet or Discovery Channel?
Do you read National Geographic? (they helped and contributed pictures and movies to the game)
Do you like games like Endless Ocean? (It's like Endless Ocean on "land")

If you said yes to the above, then definitely look into this. I bought it before the price drop, and do not regret it. :)

Godhand is so awesome. The whole game rocks. It's like viewtiful joe mixed with a quirky brawler, and you can gamble and crazy roulette moves and then the Demons pop up. great game!
lol @ not controlln driving tho, I guess he didn't play longer than an hour to unlock the driving, I think it's mission 3, lol. Yeah this is a fun game for your kids, but not really an action adult game at all. I bought it last week for $13 from gamestop w edge and $10 coupon code. :)

Might give ti a try. Cause IGN also gave Deadly Premonition a low score and yet, a lot of CAG's love it and I bought it and I love it. So I might check this out for this Price. I think the wife will like it.

I had some fun with this game but you should have 3 things -

1) Patience
2) A love of animals
3) Interest in photography

If you're missing any one of those, this is probably not the game for you. One thing I wish the game had was the ability to invert the camera. That really bugged me for a long time.

[quote name='NewOrder01']I might have to pick up a copy. Looks like a relaxing type of game.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what it is. If you liked flower you should enjoy this game. They even allow you to use the six axis to move the picture from horizontal to vertical and vice versa. Pretty cool game but you do have to have a lot of patience. Not for everyone.

This is a fantastic game, even at new release price. The only problem I had was with framerate stuttering while driving. Otherwise, I loved it. Easily a 25 hour+ game. If it sounds even remotely interesting to you, pick it up at this great price.

Also, whoever keeps quoting IGN/Metacritic.... scores are the absolute worst measure of a game.

I just bought this as my first PS3 game on Sunday at GameStop for $39.99. Was disappointed when I saw the site with price drop the other day, but GameStop credited me back the difference.

This game is definitely not for the spaz gamer that plays Call of Duty all the time... I like it but even sometimes I'm not in the mood to play it. It's fun though, requires some patience, and is different.

I would grab it immediately for $30, if I could find a sealed copy.
The local GS all appear to have that lone display copy with
too much mileage to be considered new for my tastes.

I know, I know, I know. the disc is behind the counter and probably plays just fine.

I would wait if you're really interested in this game... it'll probably be $10-20 in no time, especially used.

It's pretty hard to find as it is, so I don't see there being many copies if and when it gets that low. It's too bad the game isn't that good though, I was really interested in the concept.

Hopefully they could learn from their mistakes and put out another one. How about "Azia"? With full support of the PS Move and PS Eye :D

bought this game from gamestop a month ago used at the current new price. played it and finished it and got platinum trophy as well. the game is decent if you like nature and taking pictures with digital SLR cameras and know how to work them. i'm a point and shoot camera type person but i still enjoyed the game, though it is quite long and at times some what frustating without using a online guide. if i would give it a rating between 1-10, it'd be 6.5. this is something completely different from your daily dose of shooters. you don't get to headshot animals or run them over with your suzuki. You mission is to take pictures of requested aminals at a specific time of the day while they are doing specific activities. You are rewarded by your skill of taking those pictures and unlocking new missions. It's defintely not a game for everyone but to me, it's a nice change of pace compares to the 7 out of 10 shooter releases trend of recent years.

I imported the Asian version (called Hakuna Matata) of this game a little over a year ago. It was sadly underwhelming.

This game is different and that's refreshing in a field filled with far, far too many shooters and clones of clones of clones of popular titles.:roll:

I bought it for $10 used from the one local shop with a few scratches on it and it's ended up in my backlog, but I WILL play this game all the way through to the end since it's UNIQUE and that's a rarity in this day and age.

Dysheekie truly summed it up best.

bread's done
Back