SUPER 8- The new JJ Abrams film coming 2011 with Teaser Trailer

adriley313

Banned
Who else is excited about the new JJ Abrams Film?

Teaser Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkvKfmaVFJg
AP- LOS ANGELES – Steven Spielberg and J.J. Abrams are collaborating on a hush-hush project — and "Iron Man 2" audiences are getting the first look at it.
A Paramount spokeswoman says a teaser trailer for "Super 8" will debut before midnight Friday screenings of "Iron Man 2."
Abrams, whose films include "Star Trek," wrote the screenplay for "Super 8" and will direct. Spielberg is producing.
Like "Cloverfield," the 2008 hit produced by Abrams, details about "Super 8" are being kept secret. Paramount spokeswoman Katie Martin Kelley would only say that "Super 8" is not a sequel to "Cloverfield" and that the movie is inspired by films Abrams "loved and admired as a teenager."
"Super 8" is due in theaters in summer 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RAMSTORIA']after cloverfield its hard to get pumped up about this[/QUOTE]

I thought Cloverfield was good. From the looks of the trailer, I will probably enjoy this one too.

[quote name='JJSP']So...Cloverfield 2?[/QUOTE]

It's already been stated that this film has zero relation to Cloverfield.

Hell yea, saw the trailer before Iron Man had no idea it existed. Gonna be sweet. I thought it was a new Jurassic Park for a second. Hehe.

I really enjoyed Cloverfield and pretty much everything else Abrams touches. Can't wait to see what Super 8 turns out to be, Abrams knows how to get the hype train rolling a year in advance that's for sure.

Im excited. JJ Abramsis awesome, 2nd only to Whedon.
I loved the Cloverfield marketing.
All the videos of people dissecting it.
It was so fun.

ugh...cloverfield was meh at best.....

there is no way in hell a truck is going to make a train derail....also, if this thing can punch and bend metal like that, why did it take a derailment for it to try to break out?

I'm calling shenanigans.....

It's a shame what the masses will go watch these days when the true cream of the crop movies get passed over because they dont have massive amounts of money to back them

[quote name='Malik112099']ugh...cloverfield was meh at best.....

there is no way in hell a truck is going to make a train derail[/QUOTE]

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...BcjAAAAIBAJ&sjid=KM8FAAAAIBAJ&pg=3351,5376790
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1992-12-06/news/9212060373_1_derailment-man-standing-brakes

....also, if this thing can punch and bend metal like that, why did it take a derailment for it to try to break out?

I'm calling shenanigans.....

It's a shame what the masses will go watch these days when the true cream of the crop movies get passed over because they dont have massive amounts of money to back them

Suspended animation? Restraints being broke by the crash? I like how you inherently buy the assumption that whatever alien creature exists, but a truck causing a train derailment is fucking pants shittingly insane.

Maybe the alien was sleeping and being flipped over and crashed caused it to wake up.
I know that would wake me up.

[quote name='Anexanhume']http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...BcjAAAAIBAJ&sjid=KM8FAAAAIBAJ&pg=3351,5376790
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1992-12-06/news/9212060373_1_derailment-man-standing-brakes

Suspended animation? Restraints being broke by the crash? I like how you inherently buy the assumption that whatever alien creature exists, but a truck causing a train derailment is fucking pants shittingly insane.[/QUOTE]

the first link was destroyed tracks that caused the derailment and the second link was the conductor slamming on the emergency brakes.....show me where a vehicle by itself causes the derailment.

If the crash broke the restraints then im guessing they were shitty restraints.

I'm not saying im not gonna see this...i watch some really shitty movies but I just cant wrap my head around why people get excited about what looks like a b-movie trailer.

[quote name='Malik112099']the first link was destroyed tracks that caused the derailment and the second link was the conductor slamming on the emergency brakes.....show me where a vehicle by itself causes the derailment.[/quote]

Figured you might say that.

http://www.latimes.com/sns-derail,0,5470868.story

If the crash broke the restraints then im guessing they were shitty restraints.

There's a difference between static force and momentum. The sudden speed drop in the train constitutes a large change in momentum (the entire weight of the creature) whereas the creature would need to be able to generate that same force from a stop with a single limb.

It's a fucking movie dude, relax. I didn't know all movies needed to be based purely off facts and reality. If that were the case, movies would be pretty damn boring.

Lol, and aking JJ Abrams pat work as basis to his future work, i think its safe to say that he does above B movies.

Ill watch anything the man makes as I think he's that good.
I hyped for the movie and cant wait till next year

t would be funny/interesting if this turns out to be a superhero movie. (not like a comical superhero movie, but a serious take on it). Just throwing the idea out there, I mean the man's done a lot of genre's and he hasn't covered that, so you never know

[quote name='Anexanhume']Figured you might say that.[/QUOTE]

That train was being pushed and the lead car was a passenger car. The Trailer clearly shows the truck hitting the engine car. Big difference there. Find me a derailing which occurs by a vehicle and an engine car hitting each other just like in the trailer. The engine car weighs so fucking much I honestly think it is a very unlikely occurence.

I still cant wrap my head around the fact that you see a truck for no reason heading straight for a train with something from area 51 on it and after the wreck something is punching its way out of a train car and people are creaming their pants over it already. Especially after Cloverfield. I thought Transformers 2 was better than Cloverfield and TF2 is a steaming pile of shit.

P.S. I honestly dont give a shit..I just like poking around with a stick sometimes to see what I get. :D

[quote name='Malik112099'] Especially after Cloverfield. I thought Transformers 2 was better than Cloverfield and TF2 is a steaming pile of shit.
[/QUOTE]

Deconstructing an action movie teaser trailer for its lack of realism and then referencing TF2...I guess we should assume you have some reason to make that claim rather than just baseless argument mongering. No still, if an action movie has enough glaring mistakes, it can take you out of the experience but this IS just a teaser trailer. You have seen this TF2 breakdown right?

P.S. I honestly dont give a shit..I just like poking around with a stick sometimes to see what I get. :D

Some could call that trolling?

Agh, it got removed. I am disappoint.

Edit: Just found another link to it.

...Interesting, I guess? Confused as to why a person in a truck just kamikaze'd a train. Very vague trailer. I don't exactly see what there is to be excited about, unless you like people kamikaze-ing trains.

Then again, I like when things kamikaze trains. ...Does anyone NOT like things that kamikaze trains? EVERYONE loves things kamikaze-ing trains! THIS MOVIE'S GOING TO FACKIN ROCK!

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Agh, it got removed. I am disappoint.

Edit: Just found another link to it.

...Interesting, I guess? Confused as to why a person in a truck just kamikaze'd a train. Very vague trailer. I don't exactly see what there is to be excited about, unless you like people kamikaze-ing trains.

Then again, I like when things kamikaze trains. ...Does anyone NOT like things that kamikaze trains? EVERYONE loves things kamikaze-ing trains! THIS MOVIE'S GOING TO FACKIN ROCK![/QUOTE]

I think you just like saying Kamikaze-ing trains!

I really hated Cloverfield because of the shaky amateur camera work. I totally thought that worked against it. I felt like I was paying to watch some out of focus glorified youtube video.

Super 8 looks like it's being filmed the regular way so it looks good.

[quote name='Tony208']I really hated Cloverfield because of the shaky amateur camera work. I totally thought that worked against it. I felt like I was paying to watch some out of focus glorified youtube video.

Super 8 looks like it's being filmed the regular way so it looks good.[/QUOTE]

That was my concern when I first read this thread. (The video is gone). So thanks for answering my question. Now to google the trailer for this movie.

bread's done
Back