xbox 360 - Infernal: Hell's Vengeance - $9.99

Wow, I know reviews aren't everything, but based on the ones I'm reading, it sounds like that's about $9.98 too much.

That video review was really good. The strange part though, is based on everything he said about it and showed, I agree with the 3.5 that Gamespot gave it.

(Irony not lost: Reviewer complaining about the in-game characters sounding like they're reading from a script while obviously reading from the script he had written for the review)

[quote name='estofan']I'm keeping this as a filler in case I need to make up my purchase to $25.[/QUOTE]

What could you be buying for $15.01 or less that will cost $9.99 or more to ship?

This game is not worth $9.99. It is seriously like the worst game I have ever played (certainly the case with 360 games at least).

It's been this price for a few months at Gamestop. Used copies are $7.99, so GS is a better choice for those who aren't sure if it is worth the dough.:D

I'm about half way through and it's not horrible, I think it's pretty decent, but then again I like most B and C grade shooters (I've finished Legendary, Soldier of Fortune, and even Turning Point among many others).
However if you do get it, manually save often!!! There is no auto save or checkpoints. I went through the first two hours and died, and when I hit "Try Again" it put me at the first scene in the game. Infuriating!

Thia game is trash. No autosave feature at all. Also, donmt go in thinking that its good for a quick 1000 gamerscore because completion achievements do not stack.

it be worth 5 its kinda fun. played the first 2 hours and didnt save was so pissed. I bought it for 10 if you like B and C grade shooters its worth a go.

[quote name='anthonyd46']Its actually 7.99 at gamestop new not 9.99[/QUOTE]

Or $5.06 if you buy used with 25PRE + EDGE. :)

And since its used, you can return it if you dont like it!

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Shovelware garbage.[/QUOTE]

You buy shovelware like it is going out of style. :lol:

Apparently you didn't want this "beast" of a game.

Honestly, the game isn't that bad. Anyone who paid MSRP for it should be smacked in the face. I picked it up used at GS recently and tried it out on another profile. I will end up 1K'ing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ikari Warrior']I'm about half way through and it's not horrible, I think it's pretty decent, but then again I like most B and C grade shooters (I've finished Legendary, Soldier of Fortune, and even Turning Point among many others).[/QUOTE]

I'm with Ikari. Maybe it's because I like rooting for the underdog, but I find myself playing a lot of sub-par shooters over the AAA titles.

Infernal *is* a sub-par shooter, but calling the game garbage (basically putting it in the same category as Hannah Montana) is a bit extreme. If you like shooters and looking for something different, you should check it out for $7.99 at GameStop. If you don't feel it's for you, take it back and get your money back.

The video posted by the OP covers the bases nicely and I feel the game is worth an honest try.

[quote name='Spyder187']Thia game is trash. No autosave feature at all. [/QUOTE]
You're everything that's wrong with "gamers" today.

[quote name='LordFlux']I'm with Ikari. Maybe it's because I like rooting for the underdog, but I find myself playing a lot of sub-par shooters over the AAA titles.

Infernal *is* a sub-par shooter, but calling the game garbage (basically putting it in the same category as Hannah Montana) is a bit extreme. If you like shooters and looking for something different, you should check it out for $7.99 at GameStop. If you don't feel it's for you, take it back and get your money back.

The video posted by the OP covers the bases nicely and I feel the game is worth an honest try.[/QUOTE]

Hannah Montana The Movie is considerably better and more fun than Infernal. Infernal isn't totally horrible, but never for a second did it feel like the devs were actually trying. Also, those jetpack guys on hard SUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. They're cheaper than Walmart soda pop!

wow, i didn't no posting this would cause such a sh*t storm! #-o You either like it or you don't, if you do like it, buy it, if you don't like it, then don't buy it. that is all, carry on. :whistle2:\"

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']You buy shovelware like it is going out of style. :lol:

Apparently you didn't want this "beast" of a game.

Honestly, the game isn't that bad. Anyone who paid MSRP for it should be smacked in the face. I picked it up used at GS recently and tried it out on another profile. I will end up 1K'ing it.[/QUOTE]

LMAO! thank you. You posted exactly what I was thinking! :bow:

I rented this a few weeks ago from GameFly, and here's my quick review:
It sucks.
Seriously, aiming is damn near impossible. You can't hit anyone unless they're standing still. There is no zooming in on enemies, so you'll just have to steady the reticule, and hope that most of your enemies stay within your range (about 10 ft in front of you). The 2nd, mid-level boss on the first level is the hardest part of the game. The entire 2nd level you'll have no idea where to go, and you'll hardly have any ammo towards the end of it.
If you want this game for the achievements, you'll have to play it 3 times, since difficulty achievements do not stack. Unfortunately, that's 3 more times than you'll want to play this travesty.
Also, the frame rate is horrible, especially on some of the boss battles.
In my opinion, this game isn't worth $10. If you're an achievement whore, it might be easier to purchase than rent, since it will take quite a while to complete 3 play-throughs. As long as you don't have to return in by a certain time (Gamefly instead of Blockbuster), then just rent it. I can't imagine only playing this game for 5 days straight. No one deserves that type of punishment. God wouldn't even damn Satan to play this game.
I don't mean to sound so cynical, but I'm just trying to help anyone that might start playing this. If I can prevent just one gamer from avoiding this torture rack, then I have succeeded.

[quote name='polo14player']this is cheaper! \\:D/ thanks for the laugh![/QUOTE]
You can find Rogue Warriior for $9.99 at Family Video. A great deal! :lol:

[quote name='mogamer']You can find Rogue Warriior for $9.99 at Family Video. A great deal! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Rogue warrior is at least halfway amusing at times

[quote name='drawingboard']I rented this a few weeks ago from GameFly, and here's my quick review:
It sucks.
Seriously, aiming is damn near impossible. You can't hit anyone unless they're standing still. There is no zooming in on enemies, so you'll just have to steady the reticule, and hope that most of your enemies stay within your range (about 10 ft in front of you). The 2nd, mid-level boss on the first level is the hardest part of the game. The entire 2nd level you'll have no idea where to go, and you'll hardly have any ammo towards the end of it.
If you want this game for the achievements, you'll have to play it 3 times, since difficulty achievements do not stack. Unfortunately, that's 3 more times than you'll want to play this travesty.
Also, the frame rate is horrible, especially on some of the boss battles.
In my opinion, this game isn't worth $10. If you're an achievement whore, it might be easier to purchase than rent, since it will take quite a while to complete 3 play-throughs. As long as you don't have to return in by a certain time (Gamefly instead of Blockbuster), then just rent it. I can't imagine only playing this game for 5 days straight. No one deserves that type of punishment. God wouldn't even damn Satan to play this game.
I don't mean to sound so cynical, but I'm just trying to help anyone that might start playing this. If I can prevent just one gamer from avoiding this torture rack, then I have succeeded.[/QUOTE]

You didn't mention the save system (or lack of). I played this game for about 2 1/2 hours straight- died- and got sent all the way back to the tutorial level. You have to manually save even after you finish missions. And you can save yourself into a corner if you save and your in a tight spot with no ammo. Nothing you can do but start all the way from the beginning.

Oh, and by the way- my copy of Infernal is for sale for 8 bucks through Glyde if anyone wants to take a blind stab in the dark.

bread's done
Back