Free Portal (PC/Mac) via Steam until May 24th!

Sporadic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/

Portal used to cost money. Until May 24th, it's free. End of story.

Well, technically speaking, there are some strings attached. Fortunately, they're entirely decorative. We just like the way they look, swaying in the gentle breeze created by a million people simultanously fainting from shock at the news that Portal is free. Now you have no reason not to try Portal.

"I have a reason," some of you are probably typing into an angry email. "You see, sir, I own a Mac."

Well guess what: For the first time ever, Portal is also available for the Mac.

"Capitol news! But the excellent puzzle adventure Portal won over 40 Game of the Year awards; Surely it must cost at least five or six hundred dollars."

You'd think that, especially since it actually won over 70 Game of the Year Awards. But, like we keep saying, Portal is free. Free on the Mac. Free on the PC. But only until May 24th. So you only have a few days to decide if your free copy of Portal is worth the price we're currently charging - which is you ever-so-slightly moving your index finger just barely enough to click the big red "download" button right there to the left.

[quote name='Fighterspledge']Does this mean, "Play for free until May 24th?"[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that's the case, but it isn't explicitly stated anywhere.

I think it's permanent if you install it. The actual page for Portal says "Act before 24 to get your free copy of Portal"

[quote name='Rirse']I think it's permanent if you install it. The actual page for Portal says "Act before 24 to get your free copy of Portal"[/QUOTE]

That's my interpretation as well. You don't even need to download, just add the game to your account and you'll have it forever. Pretty sweet, especially since they've added some bonus easter eggs in Portal for the upcoming Portal 2.

This is a triumph. I'm making a note here: huge success.
Seriously, though, this was a bargain at $50 for the Orange Box. You have literally no excuse for not downloading this.

what's even cooler is "steam play" if you already bought a game on the pc you get the mac version too, already have a bunch of games after downloading the mac client, including torchlight.

Now there is no excuse, even if your PC can't play it (presuming this isn't "play until the 24, but it's still worth a try)

Thanks, OP and Valve.

How long before a boycott group springs up because some people had to pay for it originally? :)

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Can anyone confirm that this isn't a trial but a full-fledged freebie?[/QUOTE]

This does not look to be a trial at all, but either way, itll give me something to do for a while.

[quote name='cthomer5000']I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS[/QUOTE]

It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

I already have The Orange Box and Portal: Still Alive on the 360, but there's no reason not to have it portable on the lappy. Adding to steam account now. Hope it has controller support.

bread's done
Back