GameStop hit below the belt, I need help finding Case Art and Manuals

phantasyx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
So I recently bought 30+ ps2 games from Gamestop.com, I know they are not guaranteed, but I got a boat load of great titles however they threw me a fast one when only 8 actually had case art and half those had manuals:bomb:

So if anyone could help me find or sell me some Original Case Art and Manuals to match these I will be Highly appreciative. I looked all over ebay but only could find Shadow hearts case art only.:cry: Please post links of anywhere with reasonable prices that you know of.

Case + Manual needed
Shadow Hearts
King of Fighters 2002 and 2003
Magna Carta: Tears of Blood
Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm
Fatal Frame
Sniper Elite
Shining Force NEO
Stella Deus
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim
Castlevainia Curse of Darkness
Ar Tonelico 1 + 2
Atelier Iris 2

Manual's Need
Mister Mosquito
Xenosaga 3
Shining Force EXA

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='phantasyx']I can offer $2 + shipping for each set of items you can find me, if you go to your local gamestop and say that you purchaced a game recently and they neglected to have the original stuff they will give you it for free. Someone could easy rake up $20+ finding this stuff for me. [/QUOTE]

Do you need any milk or eggs while I'm out?

[quote name='Haggar']Do you need any milk or eggs while I'm out?[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the pepto bismol and toilet paper to prevent any further bullshit from spewing out. ;)

See this is why I don't buy used games. Not only do you run this risk when you're ordering games online, but if you buy them in the store you have those annoying stickers all over the boxes that you can NEVER completely get off. I know you can get some good deals on used games, but I prefer to keep my games looking great, just like their owner. Just keepin it real.

Word to the wise: You might be better off lowballing some ebay auctions for those games complete and then sell off the disc-only critters to get your money back.

[quote name='Randolph4233'] but if you buy them in the store you have those annoying stickers all over the boxes that you can NEVER completely get off. [/QUOTE]

Goo-B-Gone, Lighter Fluid, 3M Industrial Strength Adhesive Remover, Hair Dryer on Hot + Time.

There you go, four ways to completely remove the stickers, all tried and true. If one doesn't work, the others will cover for it.

[quote name='advanced']Goo-B-Gone, Lighter Fluid, 3M Industrial Strength Adhesive Remover, Hair Dryer on Hot + Time.

There you go, four ways to completely remove the stickers, all tried and true. If one doesn't work, the others will cover for it.[/QUOTE]

Tell you what I'll give you one better. Don't be poor and just buy new games. That way you don't have to deal with any of that lame shit, and you get brand new disks and cases. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm not ten years old waiting for birthday money to buy used games anymore. If you can't just buy them new, you probably shouldn't be spending your money on games anyway. Save up and move out of your parents place first.

Going on eBay or Amazon Marketplace is a good idea for finding deals on NEW games, if you're unwilling to jump in the car, go to the store and pick something up.

Dude, it's CHEAP ASS gamer. There's deals to be had with used game purchases.

And there isn't any reason to be so damn hostile. Sorry we all can't afford to pay for brand new games.

[quote name='Randolph4233']Tell you what I'll give you one better. Don't be poor and just buy new games. That way you don't have to deal with any of that lame shit, and you get brand new disks and cases. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm not ten years old waiting for birthday money to buy used games anymore. If you can't just buy them new, you probably shouldn't be spending your money on games anyway. Save up and move out of your parents place first.

Going on eBay or Amazon Marketplace is a good idea for finding deals on NEW games, if you're unwilling to jump in the car, go to the store and pick something up.[/QUOTE]

This man speaks the truth. I, for one, am broke solely because some random douchebag on the internet never told me "don't be poor." You've turned my life around.

Whatever am I going to do with my newfound wealth and power?

[quote name='Survivalism']This man speaks the truth. I, for one, am broke solely because some random douchebag on the internet never told me "don't be poor." You've turned my life around.

Whatever am I going to do with my newfound wealth and power?[/QUOTE]

Buy brand new games for MSRP + Taxes + Shipping costs for Day 1 delivery.

Mock people who buy used games and spit on their children.

[quote name='Randolph4233']Tell you what I'll give you one better. Don't be poor and just buy new games. That way you don't have to deal with any of that lame shit, and you get brand new disks and cases. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm not ten years old waiting for birthday money to buy used games anymore. If you can't just buy them new, you probably shouldn't be spending your money on games anyway. Save up and move out of your parents place first.

Going on eBay or Amazon Marketplace is a good idea for finding deals on NEW games, if you're unwilling to jump in the car, go to the store and pick something up.[/QUOTE]
i like how not having a sticker on the case is worth paying extra for. sorry for the off topicness.

[quote name='advanced']Buy brand new games for MSRP + Taxes + Shipping costs for Day 1 delivery.

Mock people who buy used games and spit on their children.[/QUOTE]

No, no, no. As we all known you can find deals on this website. I've done it, you've done it, we've all done it. I'm just saying that I would rather buy new games. I'm not saying that I always drive down to Best Buy and grab the $60 games. I find deals on here, but I only buy new games. It's just me, just my opinion, it's what I do.

I will spit on anyone's children though. I do that too. And I might mock people....sometimes.

eh, I ended up gettin my order today and the majority were ok with the exception of resistence, marvel ultimate aliance, perfect dark zero, and quake 4... all together I paid around 20 so I cant complain for no case art...

[quote name='Randolph4233']No, no, no. As we all known you can find deals on this website. I've done it, you've done it, we've all done it. I'm just saying that I would rather buy new games. I'm not saying that I always drive down to Best Buy and grab the $60 games. I find deals on here, but I only buy new games. It's just me, just my opinion, it's what I do.

I will spit on anyone's children though. I do that too. And I might mock people....sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Wow, didn't think anyone would ever break Bolt's record... backpedaling.:applause:

[quote name='Steggy']eh, I ended up gettin my order today and the majority were ok with the exception of resistence, marvel ultimate aliance, perfect dark zero, and quake 4... all together I paid around 20 so I cant complain for no case art...[/QUOTE]

The problem with MUA and Forza 2 is that bundle pack, where people would trade in just one game. Sorry about your loss.

[quote name='dannyox718']Wow, didn't think anyone would ever break Bolt's record... backpedaling.:applause:[/QUOTE]

Leave him be. Its all good now. :)

[quote name='advanced']
Leave him be. Its all good now. :)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I know I know. but I couldn't resist after reading his first post. WTH? does he even know the name of this site?

[quote name='Survivalism']This man speaks the truth. I, for one, am broke solely because some random douchebag on the internet never told me "don't be poor." You've turned my life around.

Whatever am I going to do with my newfound wealth and power?[/QUOTE]
:applause:

hey lets not get off topic, I've started to buy some new games but lets get real, I'm not spending $50 on a game I can get at gamestop used for $10 then get another 33% off that plus free shipping. I took the risk, but can I find case art and a manual for the $43 I saved? Duh.

If any of you can contribue any other helpful sites I would appreciate it as I've only been able to find 3 items.

Unless it's some game I really REALLY want(GTA IV, GTA Episodes, Red Dead Redemption) there's no way in hell I'm paying for a new copy when I spent $15 for a Game Informer subscription and EDGE card for a year(from cheap credit) AND there's some codes to take even MORE off of my order if I order from their site.

Anyway, to the OP, why didn't you just go to the local Gamestop and have them look for the cases/artwork/manuals for you there? That's what many people are doing when getting incomplete and crappy condition games from Gamestop's website. You can probably use the stock locator thing to at least determine which stores have the bulk of the games you need the case/artwork/manual for before even going down there and it'd be way easier than expecting the smartasses on here to do your work for you.;)

I usually do but I actually checked all the stores within the area, I can't drive 90 miles to indiana just to get case art for these games, plus they are hard to find complete.

OK, buddy- as someone who's been looking for art/manuals off and on for her collection for quite some time, I have some advice for you:

You're kinda screwed.

No, really- very, very few people are selling cases and manuals, and the selection is terrible. For games you've got, there's a good chance the empty case will cost you MORE than buying the game over again- that happened when I was hunting down my Vagrant Story case. I was outbid on the case, only to get a whole game buy-it-now for 10 bucks less than the case-only auction closed at.

You'd be best off printing your own cover art online (start at The Cover Project). Use photo paper, the results will be nearly flawless. Otherwise, you're going to have to be very, VERY paitent and hope things turn up eventually. Do know that you're looking at $5-10 dollars per set- for a lot of games, it will be easier to just re-buy the whole thing.

^^

Agreeded with Duel. It was cheaper for me to find a complete copy of Atelier Iris 2than to just but the case. (found the game complete for 12 bucks. Was about to pay 10+ s/h for the case alone)

Good luck man, but you are going to be hard pressed to find all those cases and instructions, let alone in a timely fashion

I can confirm that buying separate is a pain in the ass. The only time I've ever had it work out for me was Zone of the Enders 2, I bought the manual, art, and game (resurfaced) all separate to get a perfect complete copy for around $17. Like others have said, it's easier just to buy the games complete.

if you bring it to an actual gamestop store they will give you the box and manual if you show them a reciept . I see you're in tokyo and I don't know if Gamestops are in tokyo. good luck

edit: nevermind

bread's done
Back